EB GAMES Summer Sale 7/15-7/31 B&M & Online (mostly)

My car is broken :sad: so I'll have to wait till the mechanic gets done fixing it at which point I will shell out about $300. Hopefully I can find some good games to mae today a little better.

Looks like the online rebates are no longer on the site. Only the Store ones are there.

EDIT: Just put them back up. Must of had an update or something..

I e-mailed EB about one of these rebates 6 months to a year ago and got an official response from them that you don't have to send in the UPC at all - they don't even need a photocopy. Since then I've sent in a photocopy (on just normal paper) with a few rebate forms anyway and haven't had a problem.

Although in light of the recent Paper Mario 2 fiasco...

[quote name='dracula']will it work if you send in the security tape instead of the upc?[/QUOTE]

you don't need to send in the UPC. The rebate form only states to send in the reciept and rebate form

[quote name='shipwreck']Bard's Tale is one of my favorite games this generation. It's definitely worth a playthrough and dealing with whatever morons you have to.[/QUOTE]

Still don't think I can pull the trigger.

I know this is just leading to it's universal 9.99 price drop =/

[quote name='bostonfrontier']you don't need to send in the UPC. The rebate form only states to send in the reciept and rebate form[/QUOTE]
According to the online form, you do:
"Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated 7/15/05 - 7/31/05) and the original proof of purchase"

I'd say just follow their instructions...but even doing that doesn't seem to guarantee we get our rebates, these days.

Anyway...

[quote name='dago2727']Looks like the online rebates are no longer on the site. Only the Store ones are there.[/quote]
Whaaa choo talkin bout?

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I tried to PM snake eater today and use the $5 coupon of any ps2 game at BB but they wouldn't let me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']I tried to PM snake eater today and use the $5 coupon of any ps2 game at BB but they wouldn't let me.[/QUOTE]

If it worked, that would be awesome!

hehe

Is this Bard's tale for 9.99 something that rings up for 9.99? I just called my eb to see if they had any for the xbox and he said it was 14.99. I was only checking on availability and not price but when he said that it shocked me a bit.

Mike

Is this Bard's tale for 9.99 something that rings up for 9.99? I just called my eb to see if they had any for the xbox and he said it was 14.99. I was only checking on availability and not price but when he said that it shocked me a bit.

Tag says $14.99, will ring up for $9.99.

I visited 3 EBs and got the following:

NES - cart only
(2) Final Fantasy $13.99 each

SNES - cart only
Final Fantasy 2 $11.99
(2) Final Fantasy 3 $13.99 each
Chrono Trigger $15.99
Obitus $1.59
Lufia Fortress of Doom $9.99
Lufia 2 $9.99

PS1
Ogre Battle case but no instructions
Xenogears non gh complete great condition
Dragon Warrior 7 case but no instructions
all three for $62.98

N64 - cart only
Cruisin Exotica
Cruisin USA
Space Station Silicon Valley
Shadowgate 64
all 4 for $14.38

I got 1 more EB to visit tonite!

I picked up Lunar 1, Lunar 2, and Vagrant Story. All with cases, but only Vagrant Story was complete w/ instructions for a total of $58 or something. I don't really miss the instructions, all I car about is actually playing the games :)

i bought Bard's Tale in store. Of course, it was a display copy and had dust and hair and crap all over the disc. Luckily i got it off without scratching it. My B&M didn't have any clue about the sale either. No flyers, or anything.

I picked up super puzzle fighter 2(complete), parasite eve(complete) and marvel vs. capcom(disc only) all for 32 dollars

Verified from an email from 'Kai' at EbGames. Asked him about it in my email thread about not getting the Paper Mario voucher.

"As for the game Getaway: Black Monday I am able to verify that "If the
price for Getaway: Black Monday is $19.99, then customers will receive
a
$20 gift voucher." "

I didn't know the Edge card was being stacked w/ the 50% until I went to EB, it was a nice surprise. I got Secret of Mana for $15.99, Uniracers for about $2.50, Maniac Mansion w/ instructions for $2.50 and several other really cheap SNES & NES games.

About the Buy 2 get 1 free on PSX and DC games....can you mix between the two, and are these deals available at EBX as well?
If so, I have copies of Alundra and SFIII: Double Impact to get. And something else, too.

Where the heck are you guys with EB's that have classic games? I've been in 4 EB's around here, not a single one has any pre-Playstation games. I wish they were at least doing this thing online =/.

From what I recall, the one here has a bin in the middle of the store with maybe 50 classic games or so... that's like all systems from NES through Playstation. So I'm not expecting a whole lot whenever I get over there.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Verified from an email from 'Kai' at EbGames. Asked him about it in my email thread about not getting the Paper Mario voucher.

"As for the game Getaway: Black Monday I am able to verify that "If the
price for Getaway: Black Monday is $19.99, then customers will receive
a
$20 gift voucher." "[/QUOTE]
Hmm. Ya know, I'm just paranoid enough to go and ask them the same question, but specifically about CFEvo. I don't want to leave ANY room for error here.

I made a stop by my local EB today...

They gutted all their games, and cut out the rebate coupons and attched them to the cases. I guess they like the eway 10 copies of Black Monday look all gutted out, side by side.

To me it looks like video game genocide. It's atrocious and disgusting.

[quote name='rallen']I made a stop by my local EB today...

They gutted all their games, and cut out the rebate coupons and attched them to the cases. I guess they like the eway 10 copies of Black Monday look all gutted out, side by side.

To me it looks like video game genocide. It's atrocious and disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Its the most Neanderthal form of marketing . . . having more cases will catch the eye of the passing caveman.

There is no reason to gut soooo many copies.

[quote name='rallen']I told myself, I won't bite on a voucher deal ever again. I've been burned too many times.

Paper Mario
Close Combat (excluded as paid for part of the game with a voucher)
A number of vouchers from last year that were sent from the store, and DENIED.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to stop taking advantage of the EB gift vouchers, because they have some incredible deals. Instead, just follow the following steps....

1. If a game has a voucher for it, MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING THE GAME AT FULL PRICE. If it is on sale (whether you know or not) it is NOT honored. 'May *not* be combined with any other sale/discount' Assume that this is enforced for EVERY voucher.

2. If it says Hot Shots Golf Fore OR Syphon Filter...that means even if you bought BOTH, you only get a voucher for one. Even if it was your brother, mom, wife, etc etc that bought the other game. It's one per household.

3. Don't depend on that voucher for anything. Sometimes it does take quite awhile to receive it, yes, I understand that. So understand that this may happen and don't depend on the voucher to pay for your next pre-order that's coming out in a couple of weeks. Just chill, it'll arrive soon enough, and then it's just extra money for you!

I've heard some complaints about the rebate system, but really, there are clear rules/restrictions to these vouchers. You can't boycott the whole company because some of the sales associates may not know exactly what they are talking about! Just follow these rules and you should be fine...

I just picked up my EB's last copy of the Bard's Tale for the PS2, and got Killer Instinct & World Heroes 2 for the SNES and Yoshi for the NES, I think I spent about 19 bucks total. Really happy to get the Bard, I'd been wanting it since I rented it last summer, but was waiting for it to hit 20 bucks...

[quote name='o0osara']You don't need to stop taking advantage of the EB gift vouchers, because they have some incredible deals. Instead, just follow the following steps....

1. If a game has a voucher for it, MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING THE GAME AT FULL PRICE. If it is on sale (whether you know or not) it is NOT honored. 'May *not* be combined with any other sale/discount' Assume that this is enforced for EVERY voucher.

2. If it says Hot Shots Golf Fore OR Syphon Filter...that means even if you bought BOTH, you only get a voucher for one. Even if it was your brother, mom, wife, etc etc that bought the other game. It's one per household.

3. Don't depend on that voucher for anything. Sometimes it does take quite awhile to receive it, yes, I understand that. So understand that this may happen and don't depend on the voucher to pay for your next pre-order that's coming out in a couple of weeks. Just chill, it'll arrive soon enough, and then it's just extra money for you!

I've heard some complaints about the rebate system, but really, there are clear rules/restrictions to these vouchers. You can't boycott the whole company because some of the sales associates may not know exactly what they are talking about! Just follow these rules and you should be fine...[/QUOTE]

But what's up with them not honoring a receipt where you used a gift voucher to pay for another product (in part)? For example I buy one game, and send away for my voucher. With that voucher I buy another game (what the hell else are you going to do with it?).

Using a voucher isn't part of a sale or discount. It's technically the same as cash, right? For this reason I was denied.

[quote name='rallen']But what's up with them not honoring a receipt where you used a gift voucher to pay for another product (in part)? For example I buy one game, and send away for my voucher. With that voucher I buy another game (what the hell else are you going to do with it?).

Using a voucher isn't part of a sale or discount. It's technically the same as cash, right? For this reason I was denied.[/QUOTE]

They denied you for paying with a voucher? I just brought a copy of Getaway with the voucher I got from Hot Shot Golf at a B&M store. It listed it as Gift Cert as part of the payment. I dont see any problem here.

[quote name='rallen']Using a voucher isn't part of a sale or discount. It's technically the same as cash, right? For this reason I was denied.[/QUOTE]

I bought a game the other day using a $5 voucher as part of the sale; when I decided to return the game they claimed that it was a `discount' and would only refund the amount of the game minus the $5. The game was listed with a large `discount' for $5 under it on the receipt. According to the voucher, it's a coupon. =(

It's the most bizzare thing really. In some ways they're better than cash, since they're applied pre-tax, but you better really want to keep whatever it is you buy with one, since once you use it it's gone for good.

Picked up MGS3 and R2R Boxing (DC) today B&M. My MP2 and S-ROTJ (SNES) should get here Monday.

Getaway 2 worth $20, or should I keep waiting?

Dang...didn't realize SNES was 50% off, too. SM All-Stars for $12.99 sounds about right.

[quote name='62t']They denied you for paying with a voucher? I just brought a copy of Getaway with the voucher I got from Hot Shot Golf at a B&M store. It listed it as Gift Cert as part of the payment. I dont see any problem here.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you. I was denied a voucher for Close Combat, because I used a $20 voucher and paid $10 cash. I didn't see any problem either.

EB Corporate did ;(

[quote name='o0osara']1. If a game has a voucher for it, MAKE SURE YOU ARE BUYING THE GAME AT FULL PRICE. If it is on sale (whether you know or not) it is NOT honored. 'May *not* be combined with any other sale/discount' Assume that this is enforced for EVERY voucher.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem getting vouchers for things that were on sale. Wound up with Max Payne 2, Alias, Hot Shots Golf Fore, and Syphon Filter all free (and in some cases better than free) after voucher.

Had no trouble with the last set of rebates buying both -- bought one of them online and one in-store.

As an extra note, I discovered with the last round of vouchers that the physical ones from sending in the in-store rebates can be used to purchase gift cards. Once you have a gift card, you don't have to worry about it being considered using a coupon and can use the balance online as well.

[quote name='o0osara']You don't need to stop taking advantage of the EB gift vouchers, because they have some incredible deals. Instead, just follow the following steps....

I've heard some complaints about the rebate system, but really, there are clear rules/restrictions to these vouchers. You can't boycott the whole company because some of the sales associates may not know exactly what they are talking about! Just follow these rules and you should be fine...[/QUOTE]

Eb can get their ass together and start putting all the "small print" on their vouchers, instead of fucking their trusting customers in the ass. (Specificly, the all customers that assume a rebate is legit when it says "$20 gift certificate" and no listed restrictions.) I refuse to do any mail in rebates from eb; it is the principle
of the subject that I care about.

On a side note, I wish ebgames.com could break off and form its own company, because it is so much better than gamestop or eb b&m.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Picked up MGS3 and R2R Boxing (DC) today B&M. My MP2 and S-ROTJ (SNES) should get here Monday.

Getaway 2 worth $20, or should I keep waiting?

Dang...didn't realize SNES was 50% off, too. SM All-Stars for $12.99 sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

I got SM all stars for 6.99 in store about 6 months ago...the online prices are always much higher than in store

Madness! I was going to spend my $10 GC on Bard's Tale and some PS1 games (to put my total purchase over $10 and take advantage of B2G1), but Bard's Tale was listed as $14.99 new in their computer, and the clerk had heard nothing of the sale! There weren't any signs or flyers anywhere in the store! This was in a free-standing stripmall EB Games. I guess I'll try a mall Electronics Boutique and see if the situation is any different.

bread's done
Back