EB/GameStop Daily Door Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='thegamecubist']lol, I didn't even bother checking this thread again because Trauma Team was not on the rumoured list. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Lol same here. I had stomach pains in the morning so I didn't check, when I finally got on it was back at 19.99. Well whatever :p My copy is coming in from amazon at the same price. It would've been nice if I could've gotten another copy so I can keep it in my collection (sealed), but it's fine, I have a big enough backlog of games to not have to open this game for a while.

The new deals are up on the website for today:

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=349

Interesting to note that "Section 8" is $9.99 at FutureShop:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=80fc6e6bb874637f272d110ea6b78f3een02

I wonder if they are getting tired of the pricematching and keeping tabs on the EB sales? Or was the game that price before?

Edit -- the DS game is not the same price:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=60494e75a2ca82e9a0aeb51e09d67e29en02

Odd to see the .99 instead of .89 that has been so common in the pricing. Surely there is some reasoning behind this?

Bah, I went into the store to pick up Trauma Team and it rang in at $19.99... so I left it there.

I did pick up NIER and Alpha Protocol for $10 each, finally. That might be it for EB holiday sales for me.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I printed off a copy too, thanks though. Can't PM anymore though.[/QUOTE]Ended up trying it anyways, picked up trauma team for $21 after tax. Not too bad.

[quote name='onemorechanc']The new deals are up on the website for today:

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=349

Interesting to note that "Section 8" is $9.99 at FutureShop:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=80fc6e6bb874637f272d110ea6b78f3een02

I wonder if they are getting tired of the pricematching and keeping tabs on the EB sales? Or was the game that price before?

Edit -- the DS game is not the same price:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=60494e75a2ca82e9a0aeb51e09d67e29en02[/QUOTE]

lol and lol again. Section 8 has been 10$ at BB and FS for 2 months now. I posted the deal here.

Call the store, Red Dead is suppose to be $30 there. Personally I'm waiting for the GOTY edition...I got to much to play right now but it's an awesome game I borrowed it from a neighbour and loved the setting, writting and Characters.
If your looking for a good movie to go along with the game 3:10 to Yuma 2007 (I haven't seen the original).

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Call the store, Red Dead is suppose to be $30 there. Personally I'm waiting for the GOTY edition...I got to much to play right now but it's an awesome game I borrowed it from a neighbour and loved the setting, writting and Characters.
If your looking for a good movie to go along with the game 3:10 to Yuma 2007 (I haven't seen the original).[/QUOTE]
SO what is the actual price on it? Is it 30 or 40?

[quote name='Super Strokey']SO what is the actual price on it? Is it 30 or 40?[/QUOTE]

It's $40 on the website -- but Trauma Team was $10 cheaper online than in-store, so there is no assurance that RDR will be the same at both locations. Frankly, I'm not interested enough either way to walk over and check it out.

December 23rd •Legendary (360) $9.89 Wow you couldn't pay me $9.89 to play that game. Stay far away from this turd people.

Ninety Nine Nights II is a great game, better than all of the Dynasty Warriors games put together. The key, I found was to try and find the proper power items that reduce the games difficulty, like "Heal" and "Life Drain".

Put over 20 hrs into it and wrapped it on normal, so if you like hack n' slash it's a deal at $20.

[quote name='rmatheso']Ninety Nine Nights II is a great game, better than all of the Dynasty Warriors games put together. The key, I found was to try and find the proper power items that reduce the games difficulty, like "Heal" and "Life Drain".[/QUOTE]

Pro-tip: do NOT press XXX YYY and then XX YY again. Instant Game Over!

[quote name='JGonspy']The first one felt like a rip-off at five dollars. The only way I'd try out the sequel is if they removed all the terrible from it.[/QUOTE]They added wan mirrion trubes man, what more do you want.

[quote name='ejamer']Some of these "deals" are very questionable... I wonder if most other people have already (like me) lost interest?[/QUOTE]
Is that really surprising? EB/Gamestop is pretty infamous at this point for a) never having sales and b) even when they do it's not much of a sale.

The $10 Nier I got from them turned out to be a (heavily) used copy. Scratches all over the disc, clearly ripped stickers all over the front case. I'm pretty sure these specials were supposed to be for new copies. Needless to say I was quickly reminded of why I hadn't stepped foot in there in over a year.

no i sorta disagree. GS has great sales as long as you're willing to take a risk on used games. If all you want to do is waste money buying used games and trading them back in a few weeks later all their trade in value double plus increase sales are probably pretty attractive.

but like JeffX I think the idea that you could open a game and then sell it to me new* is borderline wallet-rape. This isn't Japan if I'm buying used I'd much rather buy it from a reputable person rather than trusting some corporation to maintain a level of quality. For me.. and most of us EB/GS isn't targeting us. Their targets are gamers who are way too stupid to know better like the only sports gamers. They're rare but the guys who buy ONLY madden and live tend to be among the more uninformed gamers I've met. So there's them, the pre-teens who somehow find ways to get copies of Call of Duty and want to trade in games like their copy of NBA Live 2002, Halo, and Kung Fu Chaos for the latest CoD. The parents who come to GS looking for help or even worse know what they want and refuse to hear that CoD isn't appropriate for a 10 year old.

I'm not saying it's their only customer but i am saying it's their target.

Some of you guys burn thru games like lightning. I'm just finishing inFamous for the first time in maybe a few more hours of play, but my boy FreakyZeaky has gotten like 3 platinum trophies this month. I'm happy when there are no sales. I came to Canada with a backlog of about 6 games. I'm looking at my shelf and now i see 23 games completely untouched. Plus I need to finish Red Faction:ps3: inFamous:ps3:, Galaxy:wii:, and a few downloaded stuff.

* A policy that still doesn't make sense. As if activision can't afford to include a few empty cases in your CoD:BO shipment.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I came to Canada with a backlog of about 6 games. I'm looking at my shelf and now i see 23 games completely untouched. Plus I need to finish Red Faction:ps3: inFamous:ps3:, Galaxy:wii:, and a few downloaded stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous. My backlog consists of literally hundreds of games... which is completely stupid.

[quote name='Derfel']I'm jealous. My backlog consists of literally hundreds of games... which is completely stupid.[/QUOTE]Nearing the triple digits, need to stop buying..............but deals..............so HOT :hot:

[quote name='maigoyume']Nearing the triple digits, need to stop buying..............but deals..............so HOT :hot:[/QUOTE]

Lol I agree... I'm starting to type out all the games I own... it's taking me four hours and I'm still going...

I think I'm done majority of the games... though some are still hiding in different parts of the house.

>_> that only took... a day... v_v I think I need a life..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Faytz']Lol I agree... I'm starting to type out all the games I own... it's taking me four hours and I'm still going...[/QUOTE]

I just did that a couple weeks ago! It's good to have an inventory of your games just in case (fire, theft, etc). Between consoles and handhelds, I own over 300 games :S

[quote name='maigoyume']Nearing the triple digits, need to stop buying..............but deals..............so HOT :hot:[/QUOTE]

My backlog may be quadruple digits now... I wish I had more time for games, or at least the commitment to stick with a game till it's done before starting 5 new games.

That's what Backloggery is for. I spent a lot of time inputting every game that I owned.

I also wasted time using Delicious Library 2 on my MacBook because of the awesome interface with the virtual shelves and all.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']People are embarrassed/ashamed of having lots of games? I like having lots of games. And I have a lot of games. They are fun.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that I'm embarrassed or ashamed, but that it feels idiotic to keep buying more games when I know there's a good chance I'll never get around to playing them. I have games all the way back to the NES that I've barely touched, and starting with the fifth generation the numbers balloon into the dozens and then the hundreds. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Derfel']It's not so much that I'm embarrassed or ashamed, but that it feels idiotic to keep buying more games when I know there's a good chance I'll never get around to playing them. I have games all the way back to the NES that I've barely touched, and starting with the fifth generation the numbers balloon into the dozens and then the hundreds. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

+1. Goozex makes it wayyy too easy to just request games, throw 'em on the shelf and never really get around to playing them. It's harder nowadays when some "must-play" games take 30-40 hours to beat (I'm looking at you, Dragon Age). I can't start a game without finishing the game I'm currently on, and man do I want to be done with Dragon Age. It's get quite tedious at this point, I just want to finish up the plot and forget about it until the Ultimate Edition hits 19.99 lol.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I can't start a game without finishing the game I'm currently on, and man do I want to be done with Dragon Age. It's get quite tedious at this point, I just want to finish up the plot and forget about it until the Ultimate Edition hits 19.99 lol.[/QUOTE]I feel you on this sometimes you just have to man up and take a break. I loved the idea of Red Faction but as it turns out I'm coming to the realization that I don't like Sandbox games. I knew it when GTA3 came out but sometimes I forget and that's why I'm not having fun. Too many options is part of why I stopped Fallout3 and why I stopped RF:G. inFamous is MUCH more my style oddly enough. More direction. Come back to an old game can be a refreshing experience. I just picked up Sonic Rush again and after a week i finally got the last Chaos Gem, and got to the boss with Blaze the Cat. I think this week will be the week I push that game from 92% to 100% complete.[quote name='heimdal']That's what Backloggery is for. I spent a lot of time inputting every game that I owned.

I also wasted time using Delicious Library 2 on my MacBook because of the awesome interface with the virtual shelves and all.[/QUOTE]Anyhow I get a Mac again I'm fully paying for Delicious Library. I just can't justify it on my sister's computer which she's gonna want back 6-10 hours after i get it from her in spite of the fact that she has a perfectly fine Acer Netbook. I've taken pictures of everything but I think DL is a system I could settle down with. You know like that girl who always laughed at your jokes and never played 'girl games' with you. That's how I feel about DL.

[quote name='Derfel']I'm jealous. My backlog consists of literally hundreds of games... which is completely stupid.[/QUOTE]being unable to afford games all the times helps with that. but like I said this is just my Canada backlog. Back home I have a bin full of my gamecube library most of which is still sealed. Pretty much the same on my smaller Ps2 library. I've put in good work on my DS library but my GBA library is pretty clean. I still have a sealed GBA+MarioWorld bundle. So all in all I might have close to 100 +/- maybe 20 in the old b.log

Backlogs happen. Nooone needs to be embarrassed. over that. I will however call you out if you're backlog contains current or one generation old games, and you're buying current gen games at full price. no excuse for that.

I downloaded the free version of DL to try out last night, it seems very intuitive, but a little sluggish and buggy. Is the paid version similar, or much improved? Definitely seems like a great way to keep track of games, since my excel spreadsheet can look pretty horrific at times when games need to be added and subtracted.

Hmm...

So Trauma Team was $10 on sale, but only if you order online - a small detail that the website didn't bother to mention when pointing out that I could buy the game at several nearby locations. So after wasting time to check in person and find out it was double the sale price in-store, I ordered a copy online. Since then I've been waiting patiently... and for what result?

First the order was frozen for review by GameStop to "protect me from fraudulent activity" on my guest account. When the order was finally released, the apartment number had somehow been stripped from my address (at least, Purolator didn't have my apartment number on the order). There were apparently multiple attempts to get an address correction, although nobody from either company contacted me using the phone number that was required when ordering. Today, when I finally check about the order because it's been way too long for normal delivery, I find out it's been returned to GameStop. I'm not getting my game and haven't received a refund yet either.

So yeah. This sale is shit, and I'm getting screwed over for one of the very few deals they actually did offer. GameStop has a lot of crap policies, but I usually put up with it because of the convenience and odd sales... but my line has pretty much been reached. Unless this has a happy resolution, GameStop can kiss my CAG dollars goodbye.

[quote name='heimdal']That's what Backloggery is for. I spent a lot of time inputting every game that I owned.

I also wasted time using Delicious Library 2 on my MacBook because of the awesome interface with the virtual shelves and all.[/QUOTE]

Too bad registration is closed on Backloggery.

And I think I've moved from "buying games to play" to "buying games to collect" because there's little to no chance that I'll get around to everything. I spend most of my time on online games now rather than single-player campaigns, which does nothing for my backlog.

today's deal has steambot chronicles for 9.99 (for psp), it was a nice game on ps2 and I wouldn't mind picking up a copy at that price..

Too bad Eb games never got any to sell to begin with. I called two stores and they both don't know about the title then after they check they didn't find any in stock at all... :p Great way to hold a sale.

Only way is to buy from the site.. and pay their shipping fee.. Does anyone know if they have free shipping? I might get a few friends together and make one shipment if they do.

@Lone_Prodigy

Ya, I've been buying just to collect.. I hardly game unless it's something I really want to try. Nowadays I'll go out of the way to buy an open copy to play the game, and leave the one I bought before during a sale still sealed.

yeah.. this is getting kinda odd now. now personally I intend to play every game in my backlog.. whether or not that actually happens is a different story but that's my intention even now.

but I can understand a completionist impulse to buy say every game in a series even if you only like half of them, or every game from Atlus b/c they're rare, or even buying every 64 game because you want a full library.. but hunting down open box games rather than say buying two sealed copies? That sounds more like fear of plastic wrap, or whatever knife you use to open games.

although I think this topic is much more entertaining than whatever is going on with EB/GS.

[quote name='Wolfkin']yeah.. this is getting kinda odd now. now personally I intend to play every game in my backlog.. whether or not that actually happens is a different story but that's my intention even now.

but I can understand a completionist impulse to buy say every game in a series even if you only like half of them, or every game from Atlus b/c they're rare, or even buying every 64 game because you want a full library.. but hunting down open box games rather than say buying two sealed copies? That sounds more like fear of plastic wrap, or whatever knife you use to open games.

although I think this topic is much more entertaining than whatever is going on with EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

Lol I guessed I word that wrong. I generally preorder my games so I get the preorder bonus, the price is generally high 39.99 +, so that's why I later hunt down a copy that's open and play it then.

Besides the amazon sale, I didn't know the game still came with the hat so I bought only 1 copy... Well with my talent of erm waiting and finding good deals I'll eventually find a copy for 5 dollars or buy it from a seller selling a bundle of games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back