EB/GameStop Daily Door Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one of the door-crashers, but since today's door-crasher is so lame I thought it might be worth mentioning that Alpha Protocol is supposed to be dropped to $9.99 today for PS360. Not bad.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Not one of the door-crashers, but since today's door-crasher is so lame I thought it might be worth mentioning that Alpha Protocol is supposed to be dropped to $9.99 today for PS360. Not bad.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone confirm? I'm too swamped at worked to check it out myself. But this and Nier were two titles I've been looking at for a looong time, it would be great to get both for so cheap!

[quote name='Wolfkin']i've been debating if I should get a madden game so my nephews have something to play. They keep asking me when I'm getting Call of Duty.. but they're 13 so even if I did have it they're not playing on my watch. Outside of Halo:CE, Brawl, and NSMB sports are the only games I've seen them show interest in.[/QUOTE]

You can do better than 09. The Sony store was selling Madden 10 for $10, and it's got trophies.

[quote name='Mr.']Gran Turismo PSP?[/QUOTE]

I was little confused found out that, Man Furismo Jive (a quote from the VP of Add More Awesome) refers to Gran Turismo 5 for PS3.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Edit ... just looked at the prices, wow ... not really a deal at $30 - $40.[/QUOTE]

Agree that $30 for Wii and $20 for DS isn't a huge deal... but it's as good or better than other locations. If any parents were considering getting these games as presents, then it's not a bad sale.

[quote name='Pandareus']Can anyone confirm? I'm too swamped at worked to check it out myself. But this and Nier were two titles I've been looking at for a looong time, it would be great to get both for so cheap![/QUOTE]

Yup, Gamestop has them both for 9.99. I ended up PMing them at FS and getting them for 6.99 (Nier) and 7.49 (Alpha Protocol) + taxes.

[quote name='ejamer']Agree that $30 for Wii and $20 for DS isn't a huge deal... but it's as good or better than other locations. If any parents were considering getting these games as presents, then it's not a bad sale.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they actually lowered the prices on the deal page since I first looked at it. Still a no-go for me, but those prices are a bit better.

I bought Alpha Protocol for $10 and think it's great for the money.

After about 3 hours of gameplay, I can see where it got mediocre reviews at launch for a $60 price tag, but for $10 it's a steal.

Smooth~ from RFD updated his thread with the 12 days of Doorcrashers. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing this here.

12 Days of Gaming
December 13th
•Sesame Street Wii $29.99
•Sesame Street DS $19.99

December 14th
•Rogue Warrior (PS3/360) $9.89

December 15th
•Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Bundle 2 (PS3/360) $19.89

December 16th
•Bachelor (DS) $9.89
•Section 8 (360) $9.89

December 17th
•Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360) $29.89
•Twisted "not sure exact name" (Wii) $9.89

December 18th
•Bioshock 2 (PS3/360) $19.89
•Igor (Wii) $19.89

December 19th
• Civilization V (PC) $29.99

December 20th
•Tornado Outbreak (all) $19.89
•Velvet Assassin (360) $19.89

December 21st
•N3II Nighty Nine Nights II (360) $19.89

December 22nd
•Brave Warrior's Tale (360) $19.89

December 23rd
•Hammering Heroes(sp?) $9.89
•Legendary (360) $9.89

December 24th
•X-blades (PS3/360) $19.89

damn that list sucks ! here i was hoping Dead Rising 2 or Mafia 2 * sigh * already got RDR but i think BB has a RDR + Undead Nightmare for $59.99 if i heard right.

12 days of Xmas Blows. by the way still not buying Bioshock 2 for $20 i'm sure i can get it cheap else where if i really wanted it ..... ugh .. deals were much better last year ! :bomb:

Hopefully some of those predictions are wrong. There isn't much that that looks even vaguely interesting - and not seeing Trauma Team on sale after the tease would be a huge disappointment.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']damn that list sucks ! here i was hoping Dead Rising 2 or Mafia 2 * sigh * already got RDR but i think BB has a RDR + Undead Nightmare for $59.99 if i heard right.
[/QUOTE]
Will probably be too late by the time you see this, but the Asian version of Dead Rising 2 PS3 (English and, obviously region free) is 23.xx CAD and 4.xx for shipping.

Link: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-39gj.html

If you wanted 360, well ... there's always Boxing day for that one.

I own Rogue Warrior and i thought it wasn't too bad playing it at all the story was Meh but overall fun and i don't see why all the hate it got. but to each their own opinion

[quote name='darkandlong']Dec 15th is up - Trauma Team is 9.99 and American Idol bundle 2 is 9.99

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=348[/QUOTE]

Note that the $9.99 price for Trauma Team is online only - so you'll need to pay shipping and handling on top of the base price.

If you try to buy in-store, the game is on sale for $19.99 instead... still a good deal, but a pretty crap arrangement if you ask me. GameStop doesn't want people visiting the actual stores to buy games?

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Nice, I'm in for $10 Trauma Team. Also the website doesn't say anything about it being online only.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by two stores this morning - timing worked out perfectly - and they both said the same thing. You might have better luck than I did though.

[quote name='inconspikuous']yeah, so i went out of my way to stop by an eb this morning. $19.99 for trauma team. i was shocked and disappointed.[/QUOTE]

One final side-note, the friendly and helpful employee I talked to told me that they expected a lot of the deals posted on the GameStop.ca website to be like this - advertised online for better prices than are available in-store. Don't be surprised if future deals work the same way, and consider ordering online instead of making the trip out to stores if there is something you want.

I'm thinking of ordering 4 from the website for free shipping and then returning the duplicates, but I'm unsure of the return policy for online orders. Anybody have any insight?

[quote name='heimdal']I'm thinking of ordering 4 from the website for free shipping and then returning the duplicates, but I'm unsure of the return policy for online orders. Anybody have any insight?[/QUOTE]

No insight into their policy, but ordering more than you need or want is pretty redflagdeal (i.e. douchy).

[quote name='eataburger']No insight into their policy, but ordering more than you need or want is pretty redflagdeal (i.e. douchy).[/QUOTE]

Well, I only need one. I'm just trying to avoid paying an additional 50% of the price.

Anyway, I don't think I'll risk it, I just have to pretend that the deal is 14.99 to account for shipping.

[quote name='SkankButta']Yup, Gamestop has them both for 9.99. I ended up PMing them at FS and getting them for 6.99 (Nier) and 7.49 (Alpha Protocol) + taxes.[/QUOTE]soundsnice what do you need for price match? do i need to bring a printout or something?

[quote name='eataburger']No insight into their policy, but ordering more than you need or want is pretty redflagdeal (i.e. douchy).[/QUOTE]

Normally I'd agree... but GameStop advertising one price (without any notice that it's online only) and then charging more in store is pretty douchy too. In this case, I'd say ordering something else to get free shipping and then returning is justified... although you could always order/return something other than the hot sale item.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Since its online only, just PM at Futureshop or Bestbuy, you dont need to tell them its online only.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of manipulative price-matching, but this sounds like the way to go if you want to avoid the hassle of needless returns. What is required to price-match? Do you need to bring in a print out of the sale?

I've bought every game fro
these promotions online. I don't mind paying the shipping if it means not having to drive and/or deal with horders that have already ranscked the store

[quote name='ejamer']Normally I'd agree... but GameStop advertising one price (without any notice that it's online only) and then charging more in store is pretty douchy too. In this case, I'd say ordering something else to get free shipping and then returning is justified... although you could always order/return something other than the hot sale item.

I'm not a fan of manipulative price-matching, but this sounds like the way to go if you want to avoid the hassle of needless returns. What is required to price-match? Do you need to bring in a print out of the sale?[/QUOTE]

For Kingdom Hearts all they had to do was see the website (which she looked up) and we were set.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']They changed the website price to $19.99. :bomb:[/QUOTE]Printed off a copy of it earlier, I can scan and send it to you if you'd like.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']They changed the website price to $19.99. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That bites. Now I'm worried about getting a cancellation notice for my online order.

[quote name='maigoyume']Printed off a copy of it earlier, I can scan and send it to you if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

I printed off a copy too, thanks though. Can't PM anymore though.

Pricematched my copy from Futureshop and got the 10 percent on top of it. The clerk didn't even check the site or ask or anything. Now, under the tree it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back