EB/GameStop Daily Door Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up the PS3 Uncaged Edition from the Yonge/Eglinton EB Games for the $5, as advertised. There was a PS3 & Xbox display case by the desk with red price tags that said "$4.89", and the CS guy brought out a copy from behind the counter.

Now, I can't prove anything, but I'm not sure if it was new or used. It had a white price tag of $69.99 on it. It wasn't sealed but it had that circular tape along the opening, like the used games. There were fingerprints on the disc.

For $5, I am so not complaining, but I thought that it might matter to someone if they're getting it as a gift, etc. so I just thought I'd mention it.

But the most important thing is that it plays fine, I've been stabbing people in the brains all day.

Just got my brother to grab me a copy after work, :cool: thanks everyone.

At this price this is a steal~ I'm really starting to like these door crashers.

The game is the uncaged edition, mine didn't have the original plastic wraps, so eb games probably handled it at some point (display case), there were no finger prints and the game and manual is in perfect condition.

I think the reason why they had finger print on your copy is just the employee that handled it was being sloppy... I've seen some employees very good with the games and others that carelessly hold them..

[quote name='musdy']Whats the difference between the uncaged edition and regular??[/QUOTE]

The Uncaged Edition is basically the uncensored version and features a ton of blood and gore in the game. I believe the PS3, 360 and PC versions are all Uncaged Editions. The other (namely the Wii and PS2) versions are made by a different developer, and are incredibly toned down, i.e. virtually no blood/gore.

I posted this on GAF, but I got to see a list. I don't remember most of the details, but the only noteworthy games I can think of coming up are GT for PSP, Trauma Team and RDR. The last two only have 50% off discounts though, so... don't get your hopes up for a 10 dollar deal on those.

Oh, I think I remember Rogue Warrior being on there as well. :lol:

[quote name='firehawk12']I posted this on GAF, but I got to see a list. I don't remember most of the details, but the only noteworthy games I can think of coming up are GT for PSP, Trauma Team and RDR. The last two only have 50% off discounts though, so... don't get your hopes up for a 10 dollar deal on those.

Oh, I think I remember Rogue Warrior being on there as well. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hmm might be time for me to finally pick trauma team up, it'll be totally sweet if it was a 10 dollar deal.

[quote name='firehawk12']I posted this on GAF, but I got to see a list. I don't remember most of the details, but the only noteworthy games I can think of coming up are GT for PSP, Trauma Team and RDR. The last two only have 50% off discounts though, so... don't get your hopes up for a 10 dollar deal on those.

Oh, I think I remember Rogue Warrior being on there as well. :lol:[/QUOTE]

GT for PSP might be $9.98, as it's currently $19.99 regularly priced. RDR wouldn't be too bad, but I'll wait it out for a GOTY-collection or something to that effect, unless it's going to be $10, then it's a no-brainer!

Hmm... rumors about Trauma Team being on sale have me excited. I've love to buy that game if prices are under $20.

Ride for $30 on the other hand? Not so excited.

Trauma Team isn't a rumor. It's definitely on the list - I just can't remember the date/price since I already own the game.

Oh yeah, Nier will be 10 again if you missed it the first time.

[quote name='firehawk12']Oh yeah, Nier will be 10 again if you missed it the first time.[/QUOTE]:applause: Awesome! This time I won't be relying on an unreliable friend to pick it up.

[quote name='No One']:applause: Awesome! This time I won't be relying on an unreliable friend to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It's also $9.99 at archambault.ca; free shipping if you can find $25 of product.

[quote name='Jouvert']December 6 door crasher: Tekken 6 (PS3/360) $4.89

Credit to Smooth~ on RFD[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Tekken 6 the door crasher "sale" last week at $10, or did I get the price wrong?

Either way, I'm still stoked about Trauma Team.

Nier is going to be on it again. along with some others later in the month. red dead, civ 5

Is it just me, or is this door crasher sale a lot better than the previous one? Some pretty good games getting marked down!

Here's an unconfirmed list of upcoming door crashers for the next few days. Credit to dchabby on RFD.

Nier
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
some soul calibre game for the psp (most likely Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny)
Gran Turismo (PSP) $5

I'll help you guys out a bit with what I know(Work at a eb games)

Today is as people said Tekken 6 for $4.89.

Tuesday Dec. 7th Nier will be $9.89(they had this last week)

Wedensday Dec. 8th is a brutal one, Madden 08(unsure of price..does it really matter...lol)

[quote name='Hakken']Wedensday Dec. 8th is a brutal one, Madden 08(unsure of price..does it really matter...lol)[/QUOTE]

Bwahaha, oh EB, you are so silly... :lol:

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Get Nier people! It's good.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to finish it during the break.
I love playing a game where I have no freaking idea what is going to happen next.

I found Nier to be really disappointing, and I'm a huge fan of action RPGs.

Rather than play it through the extra 3 times required to get the final ending, I traded it in after beating it once.

But at $10 I may pick it up again. Is it on right now?

Love Nier, Im on the fourth ending. And really if you dont do any sidequest and go for the main story you will finish it in 10-15 hours and you will get a thrill ride for 10$.

When I went to get Tekken 6 today I had to remind the cashier that the sale was going on. I did this by picking up the copy of Tekken 6 with a $4.99 sticker on it that was right in front of the register and showing it to him :p

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Get Nier people! It's good.[/QUOTE]

I'm a few hours in and am really enjoying it so far; it's surprised me in many ways. Fantastic soundtrack. I'd say it's in the running for best $10 game I've bought. :)

Also just in case if anyone doesn't know, when we scan the games they come up at there regular price. Its when they hit F12 to finalize a transaction and to the option of how the customer pays, then will it do the promotion for the price it should be at. And Djsayian, the Nier deal is going on at Tuesday Dec 7th so just gotta wait till EB's open again =) I'll check our emails and try my best to remember what the rest of the deals are(I believe our current email tells us till the 12th)

Dammit, I missed Nier last time, and this time the only store in walking distance is out of stock, as is the online store. Damn bus driver strike.

Nice, I missed Nier the first time. I'm really interested at this price, even though I absolutely loathed Drakengard. I hope this game doesn't have giant demon baby fetishes...

Can anyone confirm if Nier copies are sealed? I have it on the 360, but want to get the PS3 version as a stocking stuffer. Tekken 6 was sealed, but Wolverine wasn't...

[quote name='catalyst777']Can anyone confirm if Nier copies are sealed? I have it on the 360, but want to get the PS3 version as a stocking stuffer. Tekken 6 was sealed, but Wolverine wasn't...[/QUOTE]

That will totally depend on what kind of stock your local store has at hand. Ideally we all want factory sealed games, but when I bought Nier last week I knew it was a resealed copy because the shrink wrap on it looked cheap. YMMV.

well like any game the sale is on new copies but if the store is down to their last 'display' version then it's not sealed. least that what I'd expect and I've gotten on previous door crashers.

[quote name='Wolfkin']let me sign in here. I should at least know what's on sale. I completely missed that Wolverine for $10 a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Well this won't make it any better, Wolverine was actually $5

well i see that you're modifying your sig so hopefully this is temporary:
short answer is yes. long answer is yes.. it's a sale. one day only.

[quote name='jbo2891']Well this won't make it any better, Wolverine was actually $5[/QUOTE]nooooooo!!!!!!!! :goes to weep in the fetal position for a few days:
I picked up WiiPlay for $10 a few days ago. Now I got three Wiimotes. if only i had a game that required 3 people I'd be golden. Overall kinda wish I'd gotten Wolverine and missed WiiPlay.

[quote name='catalyst777']Can anyone confirm if Nier copies are sealed? I have it on the 360, but want to get the PS3 version as a stocking stuffer. Tekken 6 was sealed, but Wolverine wasn't...[/QUOTE]

I price-matched at Best Buy and got it for $7 since I was picking up WoW along with it.

Damn i missed a bunch of decent sales, although nothing amazing so far.

I hope Dead Rising or Castlevania go on sale, even if it is something like last years AC2 sale.

[quote name='picklepopcorn']why is neir on sale again? it was already a door crasher last week..[/QUOTE]Dunno but I'm not complaining. Got my copy today. It was a "new" previously gutted display copy that was resealed. Though hey, I can't complain for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back