EB/GS Deal of the Day

Here's the upcoming January deals of the day, according to dopper12 on RFD. Note: list subject to change.

Saturday/Sunday Jan 15/16- Facebreaker 360-$4.89
Fight Night Round 4 360- $4.89
King of Fighters XII $4.89

Monday Jan 17- Cloudy with a chance of meatballs ps3/360-$4.89

Tuesday Jan 18- Karoake rev-american idol bdl 2 360- $4.89

Wednesday Jan 19- Dj Hero 2-Pack Wii $79.89
Dj jero Renegade Wii $129.89

Thursday Jan 20-Transformers: revenge of the fallen 360- $4.89
X-Men Origins: wolverine- PS3, 360, and Wii $4.89

Friday Jan 21- Socom: Confrontation PS3- $4.89
Resistance: Retribution- $4.89

Saturday/Sunday 22/23- Singularity PC,360,PS3- $9.89

Mon Jan 24- Excitebots trick racing Wii $4.89
Odama GC- $4.89

Tues Jan 25- Heroes Over Europe 360- $9.89

Wed- Jan 26- Guitar hero 3 PS3- $4.89
Guitar hero Aerosmith 2pk PS2- $29.89
Guitar Hero Smash Hits- PS3,360- $4.89
Guitar hero sw PS2- $4.89
Guitar Hero Van Halen- 360 $4.89
Guitar hero: world tour PS3 $4.89

Thurs- Jan 27 Blur 360- $4.89
Bond 007 Quantum of Solace 360-$4.89
Call of Duty 3 PS3 $4.89

Fri Jan 28- Haze PS3- $4.89
Nba 2009 PS3- $4.89
MLB 2009 PS3- $4.89

Sat/Sun Jan 29/30- Madden Nfl 2008- ps3 $4.89
Madden NFL 2009 Anniv ed 360/PS3- $4.89
NFL Head Coach 2009- PS3/360 $2.89

Source:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-eb-games-january-deals-day-992222/

Does anyone know if today's deals are accurate? The Gamestop site doesn't list KoF12 as being on sale, but maybe they don't update the site for deals of the day? I'd love to pick KoF up for that price...

Odama GC- $4.89 I've seen this game in so many discount bins over the years. What an odd game to be selling again now.

[quote name='CH82']Odama GC- $4.89 I've seen this game in so many discount bins over the years. What an odd game to be selling again now.[/QUOTE]

I paid 5 bucks for it at Future Shop about 2 and a half years ago. It's still unopened.

Thurs- Jan 27 Blur 360- $4.89
Bond 007 Quantum of Solace 360-$4.89

Aww, are these 360 only?

[quote name='Jouvert']I paid 5 bucks for it at Future Shop about 2 and a half years ago. It's still unopened.[/QUOTE]

I PMd it for like $0.50 there before they dropped the price. :) They still had it at $50 for whatever reason and other places had it on for $4.99 already.

Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen and Bond 007 Quantum of Solace if they were for PS3 i would definitely buy ! i hate how that Multi Platform games that go on sale is just for the 1 system why not all of them ... make more sales that way !!! guess Gamestop doesn't want my money

Singularity for $10 that's the only thing i'm looking forward ( if true ) but i hope the Transformers and Quantum Of Solace is for PS3 as well

I picked up KoF12 and FNR4 not bad for 11.05 only complaint is that the Kof was SEVERELY gutted. tons of stickers on the case, disk looked clean not complaing as it was $5 :)

[quote name='HeLLeVeN']I'm guessing we'll see some deals on Vectrex games real soon! :p

GCE%20Vectrex.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn i want one of those again...they are pretty rare these days

blur at $5 is smoking hot btw

X-Men Origins: wolverine is DEFINITELY worth $5. Though somewhat sloppy, it's also surprisingly long, violent, and entertaining. If you see it, pick it up.

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']X-Men Origins: wolverine is DEFINITELY worth $5. Though somewhat sloppy, it's also surprisingly long, violent, and entertaining. If you see it, pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I agree this worth it. for me it was a one play game, hardly any replay value. I traded in for a T3 deal for BLOOPS :cool:

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']X-Men Origins: wolverine is DEFINITELY worth $5. Though somewhat sloppy, it's also surprisingly long, violent, and entertaining. If you see it, pick it up.[/QUOTE]
I'm almost tempted to double dip on this one. Picked up KoFXII, but too bad it wasn't for PS3. Oh well.

[quote name='Liverano']Is this online only or instore as well?[/QUOTE]

Any of the deals that I took advantage of have also been in-store.

Damn ! really where they exactly as what was post here on page 3 ? just curious cause i may know who want's the Wolverine game.

Heh, Thanks for the Heads up i just been paying attention on gamestop's website guess i won't any more ! yea i think I'll pass on Meatballs too.

[quote name='Wolfkin']blast i need to stop leaving CAG. did i miss Wolverine again?!?![/QUOTE]

Apparently its on for Thursday the 20th
Thursday Jan 20-Transformers: revenge of the fallen 360- $4.89
X-Men Origins: wolverine- PS3, 360, and Wii $4.89

I was just at the EB on Innes road in Ottawa (in Orleans by the Wal-Mart) and they seemed to have a bunch of deals. The CSR said the system had crashed so he wasn't sure what the deal of the day was, but they had:

Mass Effect (360, used) $9.89
Wolverine (360, PS3) $9.89
Rainbow Six Vegas (360, PS3) $7.99
MLB 09 The Show (PS3) $9.89

Not sure if that's just regular price now, but it seemed worth reporting to me.

here's a good question. will futureshop and such price match later dates. like if i pick it up tomorrow (wed) but the sale in on Thurs they should match that right?

E: sorry by good i of course meant bad question

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bumblebee064']I was just at the EB on Innes road in Ottawa (in Orleans by the Wal-Mart) and they seemed to have a bunch of deals. The CSR said the system had crashed so he wasn't sure what the deal of the day was, but they had:

Mass Effect (360, used) $9.89
Wolverine (360, PS3) $9.89
Rainbow Six Vegas (360, PS3) $7.99
MLB 09 The Show (PS3) $9.89

Not sure if that's just regular price now, but it seemed worth reporting to me.[/QUOTE]

I snagged R6 Vegas a few months ago for $2.99 used...mint condition. $7.99 seems like they may have even increased the price.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Bundle 2 by Konami
BUY NEW$4.89

Looks like :360: version.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is the deal from yesterday. I bought that last night (mostly to get the mic).

I think the website is just not updated very often. For that matter, neither are the employees ... the CSR who sold it to me didn't even know it was on sale until I asked about it, and that was after work at about 6pm.

Edit -- of course, after I posted they updated the deal page (don't get too excited):

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=404

I'm interested in DJ Hero, but not $80 interested (or $130 for the Renegade Edition).

For what it's worth, I saw the base game with turntable on clearance last week at RCSS for less than this sale price anyway. I think it was $60?

Only if they're shipping you a second one separately. Only DJ Hero 2 ships with 2 turntables packed in.

DJ hero got packed in with 2 turntables. (The wrap a regular game which included 1 turntable with a second separate turntable.)

it's a damn shame Revenge Of The Fallen Sale wasn't on PS3 i wouldn't mind having it especially for that price .. why oh why does Gamestop have sales on Multi Console games but yet make it go on sale for one system ! :bomb:

that and Quantum of Solace, alot of games i could have bought but not for my system. but yet they have Socom Confrontation ! * facepalm *

Revenge of the Fallen wasn't good, so you aren't missing much. If it was War For Cybertron I'd understand being a little miffed it's not on PS3 too.

oh, i figured it would have been a fun game. totally forgot about WFC yea i don't really see that around anymore when i browse games .. unless i just never noticed it, Thanks !

well my debit card wasn't working so I wasn't able to buy more than one and I didn't have time to price match anywhere else but Wolverine Uncaged Edition:ps3: acquired. Plenty in stock by the IMAX at Jane and HWY 7.

that is a bloody shame. the GS i went to had bunches and they were gutting them when I walked in. Wish I could have picked up a few for some cags any news on what we have tomorrow?

[quote name='Wolfkin']that is a bloody shame. the GS i went to had bunches and they were gutting them when I walked in. Wish I could have picked up a few for some cags any news on what we have tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted the list earlier. Not sure how you missed it.

• Friday Jan 21
  • (PS3) Socom: Confrontation - $4.89
  • (PSP) Resistance: Retribution - $4.89

• Saturday/Sunday 22/23
  • (PS3, 360, PC) Singularity - $9.89

• Mon Jan 24
  • (Wii) Excitebots Trick Racing - $4.89
  • (GC) Odama - $4.89

• Tues Jan 25
  • (360) Heroes Over Europe - $9.89

• Wed Jan 26
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero 3 - $4.89
  • (PS2) Guitar Hero Aerosmith 2pk - $29.89
  • (PS3, 360) Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $4.89
  • (PS2) Guitar Hero sw - $4.89
  • (360) Guitar Hero Van Halen - $4.89
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero: World Tour - $4.89

• Thurs Jan 27
  • (360) Blur - $4.89
  • (360) Bond 007 Quantum of Solace - $4.89
  • (PS3) Call of Duty 3 - $4.89

• Fri Jan 28
  • (PS3) Haze - $4.89
  • (PS3) Nba 2009 - $4.89
  • (PS3) MLB 2009 - $4.89

• Sat/Sun Jan 29/30
  • (PS3) Madden Nfl 2008 - $4.89
  • (PS3, 360) Madden NFL 2009 Anniv ed - $4.89
  • (PS3, 360) NFL Head Coach 2009 - $2.89

Blur is more than decent. I bought it when it was $40 at Best Buy and then used that $20 off coupon. I loved it, then traded it when EB was taking it for $30 or $40. I would definitely buy again, especially at this price.

Somebody with a post on Page 1 should copy the list there.

I picked up Singularity at Rogers for $15. Pretty good game. Blur, I sold way back. It's probably much better multiplayer, which I hardly played. The difficulty spike in single-player is hard to get over. It's asking for a ton of technical skill on top of the "kart-race" aspects of the game.

For $5, though, it's pretty hard to say no.

bread's done
Back