• (GC) Odama - $4.89

• Wed Jan 26
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero 3 - $4.89
  • (PS3, 360) Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $4.89
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero: World Tour - $4.89

• Fri Jan 28
  • (PS3) Haze - $4.89
[/QUOTE]

Haze for $5 can't be that bad right? I already picked up Smash Hits, III, Rock the 80s and On Tour:ds: for $1/ea a Wal-Mart. ExciteBots I'm a bit hype for. I bet I could get that pricematched pretty easily too. Long since had Odama but or $5 I might buy another copy. Is Singularity the one with the time distortion stuff or the terraforming distortion stuff? Would it be weird if I started buying PSP games even though I have pretty much no interest in a PSP outside of Singstar connectivity.

Honestly, for $5 Haze you can't go wrong with Haze, though I've still yet to finish it. Cursed backlog.

Hey Wolfkin, if you decide to grab it, I wouldn't mind running through the campaign on co-op to finally put it to rest. ;)

[quote name='Wolfkin']must been another thread?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it is in this thread -- http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8065881&postcount=50

Is Singularity the one with the time distortion stuff or the terraforming distortion stuff?

I think "Fracture" is the game with terrain deformation.

Would it be weird if I started buying PSP games even though I have pretty much no interest in a PSP outside of Singstar connectivity.

I started picking up a few recently, and don't even have a PSP (yet). Sometimes a deal is just too good to pass up ...

huh.. thought i read this entire thread.. oh well. thanks for reposting the list anyway.

online co-op.. I'm always a fan of that.

i don't know to believe it or not but. someone on RFD said that Singularity is only for PC,360 they bought it today i think for the correct price as leaked but the person who bought the game asked to pick up the PS3 version and they said PC,360 only

hope that's wrong if not then no deals are interesting in my books. i can just basically move on and forget about this whole deal of the day garbage. most games i wanted were for sale 360 only not PS3 :bomb:

Hm.. I wonder what the trade in value of singularity is... probably dropped because of this promo... if not you can grab one of this bring four games and trade them in for the 125 dollar credit promo going on for the 3ds.

apparently someone else said that his friend showed him a email from the night before about Singularity on for PS3 360 and PC so who knows we will all see in a few hours !

also @FAYTZ

apparently someone asked BB and or FS ( forget which ) and they said the price 3 days ago dropped from $30 to $20

[quote name='No One']Would Futureshop pricematch Singularity today? I don't think I'll be around any parts with an EB/Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

when ever i PM at Futurshop they look up the competition's website for price and then sometimes call them ( if going by online price ) they will charge me some alittle higher then that cause of shipping.

anyways it may needed to be updated by gamestop.ca unless they call in of course... but i'm not sure if FS PM's with the deal of the day but good luck tho !

yes i am confirming Singularity is on for today ( guy told me $9 but i think he meant $9.99 ) and i called the Halifax Shopping Center Gamestop.

[quote name='No One']Would Futureshop pricematch Singularity today? I don't think I'll be around any parts with an EB/Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It really depends on the FS. I've had no trouble pming any of the GS daily deals, though I know others have. I am intrigued to PM for Singularity though...

I have a Singularity PS3 pre-order code if anyone wants it.. "Red Zek MP Skin"

edit: gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that Nier is $9.99 again as well. So for those of you who missed the Walmart $10, and then missed the Walmart $1, yuo can get this! However, the game still seems to be 29.99 on the website so this could be YMMV. But I did purchase it last night for 9.99.

[quote name='Frankfurt1985']It seems that Nier is $9.99 again as well. So for those of you who missed the Walmart $10, and then missed the Walmart $1, yuo can get this! However, the game still seems to be 29.99 on the website so this could be YMMV. But I did purchase it last night for 9.99.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm? I was at GS on Thursday and it was still 29.99.

ehhh tired today i'll try for singularity tomorrow

E: I don't know why your post reminded me but i actually have to go watch this chick from my church go sing tonight. I might leave early and try to hit up a GS or two on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfkin']ehhh tired today i'll try for singularity tomorrow[/QUOTE]lol, didn't end up being near an EB or a Futureshop so I'm in the same boat. With 2 hours of sleep in me from last night I can't be arsed to go out another trip for it.

i have haze, interested in mp, not so much coop

the dlc is messed up, it's something like 4 maps free, or get the 4+3 more for $6 or something

[quote name='Bigwig_rah']Can anyone confirm? I was at GS on Thursday and it was still 29.99.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the receipt, and I think they may have just been honouring the price tag. On the receipt it says 29.99, with a -20.00 manual price adjustment. So this is a pretty huge YMMV. If you can find a copy of Nier with a 9.99 tag, they should honour it though.

[quote name='Wolfkin']yeah i'll be heading there as well can't believe the website is updated[/QUOTE]

and quite early on top of that!

PM at FS was refused. They said they can't PM limited time offers. First time I was refused a PM. It was a new guy and I think as soon as he saw how much it would be he went straight to a manager. I may of been rude to him after he told me he wouldn't do it. Haha.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']After PM at FS it's $0.38. That would be quite the coup if you can pull it off. ;)[/QUOTE]

I would have got it if they had it in stock. Ended up paying full price :p

[quote name='Mikass']PM at FS was refused. They said they can't PM limited time offers. First time I was refused a PM. It was a new guy and I think as soon as he saw how much it would be he went straight to a manager. I may of been rude to him after he told me he wouldn't do it. Haha.[/QUOTE]

The Futureshop I usually go to never has a problem pricematching a deal from EB. I went to a different one on the weekend to get Singularity, and they wouldn't do it (still went back to EB and bought it for $10 though). I guess it depends on who you get as a CSR.

[quote name='onemorechanc']The Futureshop I usually go to never has a problem pricematching a deal from EB. I went to a different one on the weekend to get Singularity, and they wouldn't do it (still went back to EB and bought it for $10 though). I guess it depends on who you get as a CSR.[/QUOTE]

In my experience they will do whatever they can to weasel out of their pricematching policy. Usually you can get past their bull by asking to see it in writing.

[quote name='Nukkus']In my experience they will do whatever they can to weasel out of their pricematching policy. Usually you can get past their bull by asking to see it in writing.[/QUOTE]

"Weasel" is a good word. Now that you mention it, almost every time I ask for a pricematch, they just "match" the price. I then have to remind them about the 10% difference part of the policy before they get it right. If the policy was to only match the competitor's price, then there would be no point ... just buy from the retailer who has the item on sale, and save the hassle of dealing with the CSR.

I didn't have the cash to buy it in full so when I price matched they just dropped the price to 10cents below the sale. rather than giving me 10% of the difference. I was annoyed but overall $5 is still a good deal so I didn't bother with it. I'll see what happens with Haze on Friday.[quote name='onemorechanc']"Weasel" is a good word. Now that you mention it, almost every time I ask for a pricematch, they just "match" the price. I then have to remind them about the 10% difference part of the policy before they get it right. If the policy was to only match the competitor's price, then there would be no point ... just buy from the retailer who has the item on sale, and save the hassle of dealing with the CSR.[/QUOTE]especially since they like to pull off the dickish move sometimes of calling the store to make sure they have it in stock. Last time I PMd at BestBuy they said the policy was the match the price if you're buying it and they only beat the price (+10%) if you've already bought it and found a cheaper price. Basically you had to buy the item at full price then go to customer service with your receipt to get it 110% PMd. and as I said I didn't have $50 so I just let it go with an eyeroll. Least she didn't check the website and then call the store like with Wolverine at BestBuy last week.

I had tried to PM Wolverine last week. Failed, but at least it was comical. They even went as far as to ask me why I wanted to purchase it at Futureshop as opposed to EB/Gamestop. :whistle2:?

After approximately 15 minutes of being overly pleasant with staff, I stopped actually having fun with the whole situation so I walked out.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Sometimes I feel like printing this and getting them to read it:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/our-lowest-price-guarantee/hc80.aspx[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Because clauses like these won't make the people here pushing for price-matches look dumb at all:

Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers.

Or this gem:

Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated as including all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address.

Or the fact that it clearly states that employees need to verify stock before giving any price-match, and that the item in question must be factory sealed.

People here complain about hoarders a lot, but the behavior of some price-matching CAGs is just as shameful. There is nothing wrong with asking, and getting price match can be a great deal. But it's not your right or something you deserve, so if your request is denied then suck-it-up and move along instead acting like a childish ass.

(This doesn't apply to the vast majority of CAGs. Sadly, it only takes a couple of people to make an entire group look bad.)

[quote name='Wolfkin']I didn't have the cash to buy it in full so when I price matched they just dropped the price to 10cents below the sale. rather than giving me 10% of the difference. I was annoyed but overall $5 is still a good deal so I didn't bother with it. I'll see what happens with Haze on Friday.especially since they like to pull off the dickish move sometimes of calling the store to make sure they have it in stock. Last time I PMd at BestBuy they said the policy was the match the price if you're buying it and they only beat the price (+10%) if you've already bought it and found a cheaper price. Basically you had to buy the item at full price then go to customer service with your receipt to get it 110% PMd. and as I said I didn't have $50 so I just let it go with an eyeroll. Least she didn't check the website and then call the store like with Wolverine at BestBuy last week.[/QUOTE]

You realize it's not them being dickish but them doing their job right? Do you want to see someone get fired or in trouble just so you can save $5 and some odd cents. Makes you sound like one of those RFD hoarders, before you attempt to do price matches it's probably a good idea to read up on each stores individual price match policy rather then sound like a moron.

I work retail but damn I'm glad I don't work at futureshop, best buy or walmart and deal with customers like you. :p No offense.

[quote name='Eoyote']

• Friday Jan 21
  • (PS3) Socom: Confrontation - $4.89
  • (PSP) Resistance: Retribution - $4.89

• Saturday/Sunday 22/23
  • (PS3, 360, PC) Singularity - $9.89

• Mon Jan 24
  • (Wii) Excitebots Trick Racing - $4.89
  • (GC) Odama - $4.89

• Tues Jan 25
  • (360) Heroes Over Europe - $9.89

• Wed Jan 26
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero 3 - $4.89
  • (PS2) Guitar Hero Aerosmith 2pk - $29.89
  • (PS3, 360) Guitar Hero Smash Hits - $4.89
  • (PS2) Guitar Hero sw - $4.89
  • (360) Guitar Hero Van Halen - $4.89
  • (PS3) Guitar Hero: World Tour - $4.89

• Thurs Jan 27
  • (360) Blur - $4.89
  • (360) Bond 007 Quantum of Solace - $4.89
  • (PS3) Call of Duty 3 - $4.89

• Fri Jan 28
  • (PS3) Haze - $4.89
  • (PS3) Nba 2009 - $4.89
  • (PS3) MLB 2009 - $4.89

• Sat/Sun Jan 29/30
  • (PS3) Madden Nfl 2008 - $4.89
  • (PS3, 360) Madden NFL 2009 Anniv ed - $4.89
  • (PS3, 360) NFL Head Coach 2009 - $2.89
[/QUOTE]

Just thought i'd bump the list.

[quote name='cynar']You realize it's not them being dickish but them doing their job right?[/QUOTE]perhaps I overstated my case. I was slightly annoyed at not getting 10% of the difference but over all I really wasn't too bothered by it. apologies if I came off a little frothy.

Ohh two pack of guitars.. well at least that makes more sense than two copies of the game. if it was just the guitars i might be tempted b/c i need :ps2: guitars but aerosmith I plan on getting for :ps3:

i now realize I missed the Singularity deal and for that I am sad as I've been waiting for that one to fall below the $30 price range...

so if anyone wants to part with their 360 copy I'll gladly pay cost + shipping

Today's Deals of the Day @Gamestop:

Blur (Xbox 360) for $4.89

Bond Quantum of Solace (Xbox 360) for $4.89

and Call of Duty 3 (PS3) for $4.89.

I bought Blur for full-price back when it got released and I have no regrets. That game is amazingly fun and highly underrated!

gamestopcanada GameStop Canada
Today's Deals of the Day: Blur (XB360) for $4.89, Bond Quantum of Solace (XB360) for $4.89, and Call of Duty 3...

bread's done
Back