EB/GS Deal of the Day

so here's a question. I'm just starting Haze so I don't really plan on opening Uncharted 2 right now but how does all the GOTY stuff work? is it still a voucher via digital coupon or whatever?

Basically what I'm worried about is if I wait a few months before I open the case will it just have a download code that's expired.

AWWWW MAN !!!!! if R&C CiT was $9.99 i'm gonna be soooo mad ! i thought DotD was offically dead

no deals 1/31 but their was February 1st ! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='JamesSoprano']AWWWW MAN !!!!! if R&C CiT was $9.99 i'm gonna be soooo mad ! i thought DotD was offically dead

no deals 1/31 but their was February 1st ! :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

lol.. I feel the same way about the uncharted goty edition...

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']We definitely need a list for those Feb deals.[/QUOTE]

Yup. i would say were most likely gonna get one perhaps within the next few days :lol: as we always do get a list. at some point anyways....

apparently Halifax is in for a 30-40CM Snow Storm. so not missing anything today

[quote name='Wolfkin']wonder if we don't have a list as a method of hoarder prevention[/QUOTE]

I hope not as that would screw over us regular folk who have to go to school/work and don't have time to detour to EB Games all the time just to see if there's anything there.

I am sad that I missed the Rachet and Clank deal. Had school from 8am to 7pm so I missed it :(

Today: Singularity 360 $19.89
Thursday: Sin & Punishment Wii $19.89, Transformers ROFL PS3/360 $9.89
Friday: Shaun White Skateboarding all $19.89

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Today: Singularity 360 $19.89
Thursday: Sin & Punishment Wii $19.89, Transformers ROFL PS3/360 $9.89
Friday: Shaun White Skateboarding all $19.89[/QUOTE]

May pick up S&P2. Finished it as part of EBGames Gaming Guarantee, but its a great game to have!

I have a question about EBgames power trade.

If i buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 when i trade my AC:B game (35$ credit)
Il get 52.75 $ (50% more credit) credit when il buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 so il just give them around 9$.

Is that right ?

Thank you

[quote name='Wolfkin']blast it.. Sin & Punishment for $20 is a nice deal. Wish I wasn't broke.

what's ROFL?[/QUOTE]

Rolling On The Floor Laughing?

The U.S. economy?

Brent Spiner?

[quote name='Redlobster']I have a question about EBgames power trade.

If i buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 when i trade my AC:B game (35$ credit)
Il get 52.75 $ (50% more credit) credit when il buy Marvel Vs Capcom 3 so il just give them around 9$.

Is that right ?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Anyone can answer that ?

[quote name='TripleQ']nono, that's the kart racer... Transformers: Lapping with Megatron And Optimus[/QUOTE]
roflamo

well i bit on picking up Singularity yesterday (as I missed it the first go around at $10). Price matched @ Best Buy and had a $5 reward certificate so got it for $12'ish...overall I'm content with the price

[quote name='TripleQ']nono, that's the kart racer... Transformers: Lapping with Megatron And Optimus[/QUOTE]

You should just wait for the two-pack that they're going to release: Transformers ROFLMAO

wow not even a page for the ps3 shaun white?

& where's the pc one, played it on OnLive 2 months ago, havent really seen it anywhere for sale (maybe ubi store had it)

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Todays Deals

Shaun White Skateboarding

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=284812 ( Wii Link )

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=305113 ( Xbox 360 Link )[/QUOTE]

Feb 5, 6 (but now alreadly on sale)

Metroid Other M: for 19.89

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=253953&ref=recpdp&cross=619964

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (360, PS3?): 19.89

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=305128

Madden NFL 08 (PS3) 4.89

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=305500

Last edited by a moderator:
what's weird is DotD it says FOTNS For PS3 And Xbox360 on the same link but it's a 360 Cover on it. but when you look it up individually the PS3 says $59.99 still .... wonder if Gamestop would Honor it from their own website.... or just say " Sorry that was a Website mess up our email said 360 only "

either way i won't get it .. i could have bought it and get two games equal or less price for free back during the Rogers B1G2 in Dec/Jan but said Bah Heck It. heh could have gotten that and Enslaved and errrrr gah i forget the other title now... anyways gut feeling said don't even if it was B1G2

Wow, Metroid Other M trade in value will probably drop for a week. >_> then possibly go back up.

Wow am I glad I power-traded in Metroid Other M towards Bulletstorm yesterday, instead of waiting until this morning. It was a weird trade too, the girl was all 'I don't know if I can do the trade in with that ... oh, no that's Saturday'. Guess now I know what she was mumbling about.

wow Other M for $20.... and I promised myself I wouldn't spend. guess that's gonna be broken tomorrow

BestBuy - $49.99
FutureShop - $49.99 Used
$39.99 New ($20 off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the upcoming Deals of the Day - thanks to BeyondHuman on RFD.

Monday February 7:

• Pokemon: Explorers of Time - DS - $4.89
  • City of Heroes Going Rogue - PC - $4.89

Tuesday February 8:

• Legends of the Guardians - XB360 - $19.89
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine - WII - $9.89

Wednesday February 9:

• Guitar Hero: World Tour Software Only - PS3 - $4.89
  • Guitar Hero Aerosmith 2pack - PS2 - $19.89 (I believe this is the pack with 2 guitars + the game, might be warm for some)
  • Guitar Hero: Van Halen - WII - $9.89

someone also posted Thursday Or Friday has Blood Drive ( 360 ) for $9.89 and Friday or maybe Saturday and Sunday Fight Night Round 4 for $4.89

i'm not sure if it's right or not but their probably a game or two missing from those days. but i sure hope a PS3 game is thrown into the Mix ! PS3 is not getting anylove ( the 1st day for Uncharted 2 doesn't really count tho ) hopefully something changes soon. and a good deals hits the PS3

Just to let people know, there's no Retail version of just the expansion. the Retail going rogue includes:
1- The full City of Heroes/Villains base game
2- 30 days free game time
3- a bonus item pack
4- the expansion itself, of course

The codes aren't separable, as far as i can tell there's just one code. You can add it to an existing account to get 2,3,4.

Given that a month of CoH is still fifteen bucks it's a pretty dang good deal.

Also snagged Glory of Heracles DS for $4.9X
Although, the tag said it was marked down Feb. 5,
so most likely a clear-out rather than a GOTD

Why do the 360 versions of the GH games rarely go on sale? I'd really like to get Metallica/World Tour/GH5. For some reason during the $1 thing at WalMart GHWT didn't scan :(

[quote name='Wolfkin']was Glory of Heracles New?[/QUOTE]

I grabbed one too and yes it is new. It's weird since I passed by a few eb games today and only the last one I passed by had this on display on the counter for 4.xx

I was quite surprised and grabbed a copy.

Sweet. The deals of the day weren't looking so hot, but I was poking around on the website anyway and found that Siren the Wanderer (Wii) is finally under $20. That's better than any of the slop I've seen on sale recently - although obviously many people will disagree.
:D

[quote name='ejamer']Sweet. The deals of the day weren't looking so hot, but I was poking around on the website anyway and found that Siren the Wanderer (Wii) is finally under $20. That's better than any of the slop I've seen on sale recently - although obviously many people will disagree.
:D[/QUOTE]

Its a decent price, but I think Ill hold off still.

[quote name='ejamer']Sweet. The deals of the day weren't looking so hot, but I was poking around on the website anyway and found that Siren the Wanderer (Wii) is finally under $20. That's better than any of the slop I've seen on sale recently - although obviously many people will disagree.
:D[/QUOTE]
i downloaded the DS version to my R4 back when I had time to download games and man.. that game is something else. I think if I see it cheap enough I'll actually buy and play it for more than a few hours but you guys who play Shiren get much game respect from me because I'm not sure I could do it.

How is the Wii version different? same game exactly or what?

[quote name='Wolfkin']i downloaded the DS version to my R4 back when I had time to download games and man.. that game is something else. I think if I see it cheap enough I'll actually buy and play it for more than a few hours but you guys who play Shiren get much game respect from me because I'm not sure I could do it.

How is the Wii version different? same game exactly or what?[/QUOTE]

I hadn't played the DS version so can't compare, but am a big fan of rogue-likes in general and have enjoyed the start of the Wii game. Niche releases like this are exactly why I own the console.

Rogue-like and mystery dungeon type games are definitely an acquired taste, but people who get drawn in by the genre are sometimes swallowed whole. I love how the randomness increases replay value, the learning curve means you're always watching for something new and unexpected to happen, and how the harsh penalties mean that your decisions actually matter. Clearly those traits won't appeal to everyone.

My dream is to see a downloadable console port of NetHack someday... as if that's ever going to happen though!

Say what you wil about this game it was exactly as advertised. Part of the reason I didn't have much fun wasn't the game but the fact that I didn't understand how it works. I wasn't sure how to get stronger for instance. Still I think when I do eventually get the game and I get sometime with a manual and what all it could easily be addictive.

bread's done
Back