EB/GS Deal of the Day

How odd, I was thinking about Rogue-likes on the bus today for no reason in particular. I think the big draw in them for the people that do like them is that it's a very mechanics driven genre, you're not going in for the story, you're not going in for even completing the game really, you're just there to dungeon crawl and try to survive to your best ability.

Games like Shiren are more forgiving in that there's nothing like permadeath, but they do instill things in your game habits to shake off bad habits you might have acquired from other games. Like item hoarding. Rogue-likes make it very upfront that items are there strictly to be used. Anyways the randomized nature of them make the experience interesting.

I should probably find myself a DS copy, infinite fun and good for on the go.

[quote name='ejamer']Sweet. The deals of the day weren't looking so hot, but I was poking around on the website anyway and found that Siren the Wanderer (Wii) is finally under $20. That's better than any of the slop I've seen on sale recently - although obviously many people will disagree.
:D[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I was seriously considering paying full price for it when I noticed it disappearing, and haven't even seen it anywhere since. So I ordered one of their site :)

Posted On RFD

Thursday
Samurai Warriors 3, Wii - $19.89
Resistance, PSP - $4.89

Friday
Blood Drive, Xbox 360 - $9.89
Sin And Punishment, Wii - $9.89

Saturday
Socom: Confrontation, PS3 - $4.89
Fight Night Round 4, Xbox 360 - $4.89

( NOTE: apparently Samurai Warriors 3 might be $9.89 if it's not then it's $19.89 as i posted above ) yay more crap deals for PS3 :cold:

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Posted On RFD

Thursday
Samurai Warriors 3, Wii - $19.89
Resistance, PSP - $4.89

Friday
Blood Drive, Xbox 360 - $9.89
Sin And Punishment, Wii - $9.89

Saturday
Socom: Confrontation, PS3 - $4.89
Fight Night Round 4, Xbox 360 - $4.89

( NOTE: apparently Samurai Warriors 3 might be $9.89 if it's not then it's $19.89 as i posted above ) yay more crap deals for PS3 :cold:[/QUOTE]

Wow Sin and Punishment was just a deal last week for 19.99, now it's 9.89, this game dropped really fast.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']( NOTE: apparently Samurai Warriors 3 might be $9.89 if it's not then it's $19.89 as i posted above ) yay more crap deals for PS3 :cold:[/QUOTE]

Wow, those are surprisingly good deals for Wii. S&P2 was a good price at $20 and an absolute steal at $10. Not sure about Samurai Warriors though... it's been getting really mixed reviews. Probably worth dropping $10 on to explore for yourself, $20 would be a tough decision.

Phew, good thing I skipped out on Star Successor the first time. It's a fantastic shooter with a lot of variety, I wish they released a soundtrack.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Come on guys, just buy S&P2 already![/QUOTE]Already have. At full price like the sucker I am 'cause I like supporting Treasure in every endeavour. :D

S&P is coming back again on friday... the universe is trying to goad me.

I did get Glory of heracles. ALso Luminess for $2 and Force Unleased for $10 at RCSS.

[quote name='wrathchild']9.89 for s&p2 is amazing. Now if I could find Ikaruga GC for the same price somewhere...[/QUOTE]You can get Ikaruga 360 for the same price. :D

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;8157712]Would someone please let me know if Deal of the Day games gutted or if they are sealed? Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's basically luck of the draw; usually if it's something they have lots of copies of, you can find sealed ones. If you're only interested in sealed, call ahead and ask the store if they have any left in that condition. If you're talking about online ordering, there's no guarantee (but you can still return it if you don't like the condition it arrives in).

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;8157712]Would someone please let me know if Deal of the Day games gutted or if they are sealed? Thanks![/QUOTE]

well i don't know for sure .. but i'm going to guess Gutted

[quote name='JamesSoprano']well i don't know for sure .. but i'm going to guess Gutted[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Derfel']It's basically luck of the draw; usually if it's something they have lots of copies of, you can find sealed ones. If you're only interested in sealed, call ahead and ask the store if they have any left in that condition. If you're talking about online ordering, there's no guarantee (but you can still return it if you don't like the condition it arrives in).[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!

Had a few stores around here tell me they gut every single copy of a game if it is a DOTD so they can have them all up for display. I guess it all depends on the store. I used to be able to get a non-gutted game if I went early enough but it seems the stores around here have all changed to "gut em all, and let god sort em out!" mode :cry:

[quote name='JamesSoprano']well i don't know for sure .. but i'm going to guess Gutted[/QUOTE]
It's for the best. If the prices for the good ones are going to be this low, they were meant to be played and not scalped.

[quote name='Derfel']Thanks for the heads up on Glory of Heracles; PM'ed at FS for $2.39. Also got Singularity PM'ed for $6.89.[/QUOTE]bah. forgot to attempt to PM. missed opportunity

'Cube Daddy;8157712]Would someone please let me know if Deal of the Day games gutted or if they are sealed? Thanks![/QUOTE]so far all been sealed. Stores had a stacked of sealed (Steeles/Dufferin and Jane/Hwy 7) [quote name='Eoyote']Had a few stores around here tell me [B]they gut every single copy of a game if it is a DOTD so they can have them all up for display[/B]. I guess it all depends on the store. I used to be able to get a non-gutted game if I went early enough but it seems the stores around here have all changed to "gut em all said:
Edit[/B]
Link for everyone: Singularity $10 at EB/GS

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Singularity is still $10 at EB. I checked the site and it's still up for that price, and I called to verify and it is indeed $10. Going to go pick up a copy right now. It's not a DOTD, but it is dirt cheap.

[quote name='craig64']Wow, Singularity is still $10 at EB. I checked the site and it's still up for that price, and I called to verify and it is indeed $10. Going to go pick up a copy right now. It's not a DOTD, but it is dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]

OR... you could PM it for $6.89. ;)

Gonna pick up a copy of S&P2 for a friend :D Might just PM it somewhere though to save a little bit more. This game needs more love! Don't wait for it to go for $4.99! JUST GET IT

[quote name='Derfel']OR... you could PM it for $6.89. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha. I thought about it, but the only printer I have is at work, and I didn't want to risk the price drop. $10 isn't too bad though.

Picked up a sealed copy of Sin & Punishment from the Gamestop in Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton. There seemed to be a few behind the counter. There's also coupons for $5 used games and accessories over $10, valid until the 26th.

[quote name='Donburiboy']Picked up a sealed copy of Sin & Punishment from the Gamestop in Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton. There seemed to be a few behind the counter. There's also coupons for $5 used games and accessories over $10, valid until the 26th.[/QUOTE]

How do you get said coupons?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']How do you get said coupons?[/QUOTE]

The EB employee gave me one, though there were more stacked on the counter. They're a little bigger than a credit card, and red with a heart and yellow recycle symbol. Valid Feb 11 - Feb 26. Save $5 on any one used game or accessory valued at 9.99 or higher.

I picked up Sin & Punishment and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (4.89).

My S&P had a 500 Nintendo Points card taped to the front. Unfortunately, it says the points expired on Nov 30, 2010. I tried redeeming them and the system recognizes it as 500 points but gives me an error. Bummer.

I have some point Cards ( think it came with Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy ) but i never used them.. i except you have to get Thousands to get something with them but i never looked into it.

Yeah; when S&P came out, if you preordered it you got 500 points to spend in the Wii Shop Channel. I think James Soprano is talking about the Club Nintendo Coins you have to redeem on online to get that kitschy stuff.

[quote name='Wolfkin']i think you guys may be talking about different types of point cards.[/QUOTE]

Heh. The 500 Nintendo points that comes with Sin & Punishment were a pre-order bonus. They could have been used to buy WiiWare games, but I guess they're no longer valid.

Just picked both Sin and Punishment 2 and Singularity (360) at my local EB (Quartier Dix-30) for $9.89 each. They had around 5 copies of S&P2 left and around 10 of Singularity. Yeah, not a very popular EB. The employee also gave me the $5 off any used game of $9.99 or more coupon (valid from Feb 11 to 26). I didn't use it though.

[quote name='ragnar14']What was the price when you posted this? It's showing $55 now...[/QUOTE]

It was 9.89 when I looked earlier... It seems they sold out online and put the price back to normal on the website

While I was out at Toys R Us getting Ash's Pikachu, I popped into EB and picked up S&P. Managed to get a sealed copy too!

bread's done
Back