EB/GS Deal of the Day

Picked up "50 Cent: Blood on the Sand" (360) (new) for $4.99 and "Infinite Undiscovery" (used) for $7.99 earlier this afternoon. The turntable was tempting, but I'm not into music games.

OT, but my local futureshop had many older games for all systems, including PC , on clearance. They were being displayed right in front of the entrance. I didn't get a good look at them, but I saw COD4 (360) for $10 and de Blob (Wii) for $6.99. YMMV of course.

From RFD Monday To Sunday Deals ( From Deathisland )

Monday February 21st
Game : MySims SkyHeroes
Console : Wii
Price : $4,89
Link : http://www.gamestop.ca/wii/games/dea...yheroes/267818

Tuesday February 22nd
Game : MorphX
Console : Xbox 360
Link : http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/games/morphx/254123

Wednesday February 23rd
Game : Quantum Theory
Console : Xbox 360
Link : http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/quantum-theory/254139

Thursday February 24th
Game : Blood Drive (PS3) & Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 (Xbox 360)
Console : PS3 & 360
Price : Blood Drive is $19,89 & Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010 is $9,89
Link : 1.http://www.gamestop.ca/ps3/games/blood-drive/306100
2.http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/game...ng-2010/306274

Friday February 25th
Game : Singularity (PC) & Band Hero Bundle (DS)
Console : PC & Nintendo DS
Price : Both $9,89
Link : 1.http://www.gamestop.ca/pc/games/singularity/255703
2.http://www.gamestop.ca/ds/games/band-hero/204618

Saturday/Sunday February 26th-27th
Game : Kung Fu Panda (Wii), NBA 09 (PS3)
Console : Wii, PS3
Price : Kung Fu Panda is $19,89 & NBA 09 is $2,89
Link : 1.http://www.gamestop.ca/wii/games/kun...arriors/203768
2.http://www.gamestop.ca/ps3/games/nba-live-2009/203595

oh looks Two PS3 Deals ! now were Talking !

* Looks * ( Blood Drive , NBA 09 )

oh.. wait...no.... no thanks don't care for sports games and .. have no interest in Blood Drive ( but it's a step in the right direction .. it's a new game right ? )

you know it would be nice to have a sports game for the regulars who come around once in a while. My sister keeps wanting to have a video game day with the men/kids of the church and honestly there's not a lot in my

[quote name='Wolfkin']you know it would be nice to have a sports game for the regulars who come around once in a while. My sister keeps wanting to have a video game day with the men/kids of the church and honestly there's not a lot in my

Wow, this is the first time I've ever heard of the game MorphX. I probably won't be picking it up either.

Dang. I would grab a copy of MySims SkyHeroes on Monday for my nephews, but the closest mall is closed for Family Day and it's not really worth going out to search for the game. Oh well.

[quote name='ejamer']Dang. I would grab a copy of MySims SkyHeroes on Monday for my nephews, but the closest mall is closed for Family Day and it's not really worth going out to search for the game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

try ordering online, and make sure the total is 39.99 + for free shipping.. then bring back the extra game in store for refund.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well we can at least assume your cousins are of age. My oldest nephew is 13. No matt[/QUOTE]

1 is 16 or 17 and the other is like .. 13 or 14

[quote name='Faytz']try ordering online, and make sure the total is 39.99 + for free shipping.. then bring back the extra game in store for refund.[/QUOTE]

Unavailable online. Probably for the best anyway. Twice I've tried ordering from GameStop online, twice they botched the delivery and left me without any games. Not really keen on giving a third opportunity.

[quote name='Wolfkin']you know it would be nice to have a sports game for the regulars who come around once in a while. My sister keeps wanting to have a video game day with the men/kids of the church and honestly there's not a lot in my

[quote name='Wolfkin']well we can at least assume your cousins are of age. My oldest nephew is 13. No matt[/QUOTE]bloody internet keeps dying and not dying. I didn't meant to even post that last post.

[quote name='kn00tcn']eden isnt a kids game, but perfect for me cuz art+electronic music

pj shooter though... now that was amazing, again with the art+music, but i assume it would keep regular people+younger people interested

what about LBP2? probably some cool custom levels/games made by users in there[/QUOTE]I honestly didn't have high hopes for PJ Eden and I don't think i had Monsters/Shooter at the time. This was a ways back and I did try LBP, and yeah that game is complex. You have to explain to non-gamers how they have to stay in the foreground, or background (or between) and then timing grabs. It was just a disaster. I don't understand how you could have heard of LBP and not be excited about it but at the time they recognized the name but when I put it in it was just boredom. In my desperation to find something non-Smash Bros to play
(watching the CPU they insist on having in the fourth slot beat up on them because it's always a lvl 9 just gets painful after a while)
I've only stumbled upon two alternatives (in my library) that time it ended up being Burnout Paradise Party mode (which is kind of a boring multiplayer mode compared to the game) and later Bomberman WiiWare.

Last edited by a moderator:
do many people here buy any of the DOTD games to trade in else where for higher trade value ? ( just Curious ) * and not the extent of being called a hoarder by buy like 20 copies ) just like 1 or 2 copies

[quote name='JamesSoprano']do many people here buy any of the DOTD games to trade in else where for higher trade value ? ( just Curious ) * and not the extent of being called a hoarder by buy like 20 copies ) just like 1 or 2 copies[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that I bought a copy of Blur to trade for Dead Space 2 at Future Shop.

[quote name='bumblebee064']I'll admit that I bought a copy of Blur to trade for Dead Space 2 at Future Shop.[/QUOTE]

Tho Bizzare Creations did close down by the evil activision. I had no interest in Blur . so what you did was a good thing haha.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Tho Bizzare Creations did close down by the evil activision. I had no interest in Blur . so what you did was a good thing haha.[/QUOTE]
Some of us couldn't find a copy of Blur and wanted it..... Best not to laugh about wasting them...

As to your question. It's acceptable to buy one copy, you're entitled to one like everybody else. What you do with that is your own business.
But buying two copies expressly for trading purposes makes you a hoarder IMO. Going out of your way/driving to the store, just to buy one copy of a game you don't want but intend to make $10 on is boarderline hoarder. Really, if you have the time to do that couldn't you just work for $10 like normal people?

Personally I haven't bought a single game for trading purposes, they're all for playing.

[quote name='ragnar14']Some of us couldn't find a copy of Blur and wanted it..... Best not to laugh about wasting them...

As to your question. It's acceptable to buy one copy, you're entitled to one like everybody else. What you do with that is your own business.
But buying two copies expressly for trading purposes makes you a hoarder IMO. Going out of your way/driving to the store, just to buy one copy of a game you don't want but intend to make $10 on is boarderline hoarder. Really, if you have the time to do that couldn't you just work for $10 like normal people?

Personally I haven't bought a single game for trading purposes, they're all for playing.[/QUOTE]

yea i don't do that either, but if someone bought me Blur when it was DOTD i would have traded as i have no interest in so that's why i said you did a good thing ( that's just my point of view .. cause the game doesn't look that good IMO ) didn't mean buying to trade is always a good thing.

Has anybody had luck getting a DOTD earlier than listed? I want to get Quantum Theory, but I am busy all day on Wednesday, but picking up Killzone 3 on Tuesday. So just wondering if others have had any luck getting a DOTD earlier or later!

it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't going directly to bad ecosystems like GS/FS. If you're going to dump the games at least if you put them into Goozex you know they're going to a good home and for a fair price. I wouldn't rake you for buying two copies maybe three if it was a sports game but that's really kinda pushing it considering a plan of just dumping them back to 'the man'.

as far as getting games early that's going to be tough. I just don't see it happening. Maybe if you bought it online at Futureshop and then called them to PM on the day? Your best bet might be to find a CAG to buy one for you. I've done that for peeps back in Atlanta. Unfortunately I can't do it up here or I'd offer.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']yea i don't do that either, but if someone bought me Blur when it was DOTD i would have traded as i have no interest in so that's why i said you did a good thing ( that's just my point of view .. cause the game doesn't look that good IMO ) didn't mean buying to trade is always a good thing.[/QUOTE]

I was actually interested in Blur, but I'm a PS3 gamer. I went not realizing it was a 360 only deal. I know I probably denied someone the chance to play a great game doing what I did, but I only bought one copy. I agree with the sentiment that everyone is entitled to one copy to do what they want with it.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']yea i don't do that either, but if someone bought me Blur when it was DOTD i would have traded as i have no interest in so that's why i said you did a good thing ( that's just my point of view .. cause the game doesn't look that good IMO ) didn't mean buying to trade is always a good thing.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame; Blur is a pretty sweet game and is essentially Bizarre Creations' swan song. Plus, it was only five bucks!

[quote name='Derfel']That's a shame; Blur is a pretty sweet game and is essentially Bizarre Creations' swan song. Plus, it was only five bucks![/QUOTE]

well i was trying the whole $20 coupon thing with Blur when the game came out actually ( the one we had to print off ) and Futureshop had it for $40 day one too ! anyways i couldn't get the game as Futureshop Was Sold Out so i gave up. I saw after words sometime late the game in action and i thought glad i saved money cause i have no interest in this.

@Bumblebee064 - I am also a PS3 gamer as well when i got my Ps3 years ago i unhooked my 360 and put it back in it's box and put it on the shelf and never looked back. ok i did once but all my full games I Download went back to trial and when i saw that i repacked it and put it back on the shelf.

Question for anyone here. Does CAG Canada have a Area where people can add each other on the gaming system they own ? i would love too add some of the regulars on here and hop in a game of something that we may all have as a game and have some gaming session from time to time. I know i can just " Add people " but i wouldn't wanna do that unless i had the OK too instead of the Surprise Add on PS3 ( I only have the PS3 )

[quote name='JamesSoprano']
ok i did once but all my full games I Download went back to trial and when i saw that i repacked it and put it back on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

This probably has something to do with the profile used or the license rights; there's most likely a fix for it.

[quote name='Derfel']This probably has something to do with the profile used or the license rights; there's most likely a fix for it.[/QUOTE]

i heard i just have to delete them and re-download the games again and i thought .... nah that's ok. i think it went like that from being offline for so long and it took me a while to update the 360 too the NXE or whatever it was called.

[quote name='Jouvert']At least 2-3 weeks. It may be a permanent price drop.[/QUOTE]

Its more than they need to get rid of these infinite stocks in the wharehouse.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Question for anyone here. Does CAG Canada have a Area where people can add each other on the gaming system they own ? i would love too add some of the regulars on here and hop in a game of something that we may all have as a game and have some gaming session from time to time. I know i can just " Add people " but i wouldn't wanna do that unless i had the OK too instead of the Surprise Add on PS3 ( I only have the PS3 )[/QUOTE]go for it. surprise add. Just put CAG and your CAG handle in the FR. Personally I don't mind requests I just want SOMETHING in the text box. It's annoying to get a surprise request and have no idea why they're requesting. If you said you were from CAG or you saw my SingStar videos or we just played Resistance Co-Op then fine I hit that yes button gladly. The only reason I don't advertise my PSN handle more is because I tend to play the games you've already put down. I'm grinding up Resistance 2, Haze, I need to get back into Red Faction with the CAG night, I have 50 Cent Blood on the Sand in my on deck queue. I did just get Uncharted 2 GOTY but I havn't installed the DLC yet I kinda want to figure out how the online works first and most people have the DLC and don't want to play the old maps.

[quote name='Wolfkin']go for it. surprise add. Just put CAG and your CAG handle in the FR. Personally I don't mind requests I just want SOMETHING in the text box. It's annoying to get a surprise request and have no idea why they're requesting. If you said you were from CAG or you saw my SingStar videos or we just played Resistance Co-Op then fine I hit that yes button gladly. The only reason I don't advertise my PSN handle more is because I tend to play the games you've already put down. I'm grinding up Resistance 2, Haze, I need to get back into Red Faction with the CAG night, I have 50 Cent Blood on the Sand in my on deck queue. I did just get Uncharted 2 GOTY but I havn't installed the DLC yet I kinda want to figure out how the online works first and most people have the DLC and don't want to play the old maps.[/QUOTE]

your friends list is full :lol:

whoa??? seriously? that NEVER occurred to me. I just thought people stopped trying. that's awesome. I have at least 20 people I've been sitting on waiting to delete when my list got full. i just never thought it would happen.

send me a message anyway I'll clear up some people this evening.

[quote name='Wolfkin']whoa??? seriously? that NEVER occurred to me. I just thought people stopped trying. that's awesome. I have at least 20 people I've been sitting on waiting to delete when my list got full. i just never thought it would happen.

send me a message anyway I'll clear up some people this evening.[/QUOTE]

Just sent the message on PS3 !

Good thing I got Quantum Theory price matched at Future shop for $2. Reviews say it might not be worth much more than that. lol

Grabbed Quantum Theory as well as MorphX the previous day. I was in an EB a couple weeks ago and saw "MorphX" and was like "I have never heard of that gave... ever.. what the heck is it?" For 5 bucks it reminds me of those 3rd person shooters from about a decade ago, I'm over halfway through and it's entertaining, like a bad B movie.

next up: Quantum Theory and some wine. :lol:

Although, I was at an HMV and they had a bargain bin of games that were "repackaged" into DVD cases with photocopied covers. Grabbed Borderlands (original) 360 and Folklore PS3 for $9.99 each.

[quote name='rmatheso']Grabbed Quantum Theory as well as MorphX the previous day. I was in an EB a couple weeks ago and saw "MorphX" and was like "I have never heard of that gave... ever.. what the heck is it?" For 5 bucks it reminds me of those 3rd person shooters from about a decade ago, I'm over halfway through and it's entertaining, like a bad B movie.

next up: Quantum Theory and some wine. :lol:

Although, I was at an HMV and they had a bargain bin of games that were "repackaged" into DVD cases with photocopied covers. Grabbed Borderlands (original) 360 and Folklore PS3 for $9.99 each.[/QUOTE]

you know .. no one ever talks about Folklore I LOVED that game. I wish i sold better but since it was around the first part of the PS3 life cycle not a whole lot of people had PS3's i would urge people to download the demo and try it and if liked buy the game if you can find it. I actually liked the art in that game ( the monsters in the game was my favorite part ) and the story from playing the demo i wouldn't have thought the game would have that kind of story line ( and it is a good one IMO )

their are many other things i love about Folklore but i won't name them all right here and now. i hope you enjoy it

[quote name='JamesSoprano']you know .. no one ever talks about Folklore I LOVED that game. I wish i sold better but since it was around the first part of the PS3 life cycle not a whole lot of people had PS3's i would urge people to download the demo and try it and if liked buy the game if you can find it. I actually liked the art in that game ( the monsters in the game was my favorite part ) and the story from playing the demo i wouldn't have thought the game would have that kind of story line ( and it is a good one IMO )

their are many other things i love about Folklore but i won't name them all right here and now. i hope you enjoy it[/QUOTE]

I had a PS3 for eight months before I bought a single game, and Folklore was that game. The demos totally sold me on it.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Bought Folklore for 10$ and thought it was boring as hell. (and I am a huge RPG nut and usually enjoy any RPG, lol)[/QUOTE]
I liked what I played but I hated the way the story dialogue goes. I just could not stand it so I stopped playing it.

[quote name='Derfel']I had a PS3 for eight months before I bought a single game, and Folklore was that game. The demos totally sold me on it.[/QUOTE]

yea i wasn't good at the demo the first time around but after i showed my friend it he did better then me but then i tried it again and done much better. I traveled to the states during the summer back on 08 i think it was and got it in the Bargain Bin at a walmart in Bangor Maine.. anyways i paid $9.99 and LOVED the game. But i have to be honest here from what i remember how the story went .. i don't think anyone expected ( the type of game/game play to have a kinda storyline like that ) i never saw it coming but it got me hooked

When i played Folklore the first thing i thought of was. this game seems like something that came from Tim Burton ( just different Artwork ) i loved the artwork and i liked the battle style and lastly i felt like i was part of the Folklore Island ( where the game took place ) that's how brought in i was.

I would love too see a Folklore 2 maybe same island different type of story or new area but same kinda monsters or whatever. that's how much i loved that game.

I'm sorry to hear the others who responded about the game didn't like it ( ichit4k4: I really never thought of it as a RPG i couldn't see my stats or upgrade anything i never really took it as a RPG tho it had some RPG like Elements if i remember Correctly but that was it. ) haha also fighting different monsters to capture them to get new abilities sorta reminded me of Pokemon kinda creatures but creatures never jumped out of a ball to fight. I sorta wanna Drop DCUO to replay it again ! :lol:

bread's done
Back