Elden Ring General DIscussion

Sounds like y'all are just not into Any% speedruns. Usually there are a variety of categories. For Elden Ring, All Rememberances runs fight plenty of bosses, so maybe check that out.
Yeah but All Rememberances is different. I want to see someone get through the game as quickly as possible, but not with PC system glitches.

Then you're looking for the normal Any% category.

The zip category is Any% Unrestricted. Zips are banned from the other categories, so your gripe is with just a single category.

If you don't like wrong warps, there's a category for that too.

The 30 min clears are far more entertaining to watch IMO. It uses a few glitches but still has an impressive amount of skill on display. Once the zips started, I stopped caring TBH. Those are just buffer cheats and not actual speedrun meta IMO. Kinda like how Oblivion can be beaten in 15 minutes by book hopping over the Imperial City wall to the final boss room which simply triggers the ending and is not actually 'beating' the game.

IDK why but I'm just not compelled to come back and play this right now. Been playing the shit out of Tiny Tina and I really need to start Lego Skywalker because there's a TOOOON of content this time with a little more focus on RPG elements. So many developers delay into Q1 now that Christmas was actually boring AF last year and now I'm overwhelmed. :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I watched some interesting boss-vs-boss videos tonight.  Now those are cool!

I got the platinum and am taking a little break.  But I get back on every so often and do coop trying out different weapons.  I need to duplicate a few more remembrances too.  Gotta figure out which ones I still want to do.  I did Placidusax right away because I feel like it was pure luck I beat that guy, even with summons.  (Not a lot of people help there because it's a pain to get to).  My son gave up on it and started NG+. He had beaten every other boss.

I'm surprised how much I'm still getting summoned at level 160 and beyond.

I may go back to Horizon Zero Dawn, which I had just started after beating Bloodborne, about a week before Elden Ring came out.  Got them both through the PS4 hits thing on my PS5.

Received notification that Future Press is going to release 2 Elden Ring "Books of Knowledge".  Been trying to get to the preorder page from the email, but it's just the banner ad that loads.  Anyone been successful in getting to the preorder page?  Or maybe the site is just getting slammed?

EDIT: PO's are also through Amazon so I just preordered 2 copies of each there.

I haven't been on here a while.  I got my older son to play Elden Ring and he loved it.  He had been mostly a Switch player before that - not too much Xbox/PS stuff.  Then he played Bloodborne.  Then I decided to get Dark Souls Remastered.  I hadn't played Dark Souls since it first came out (like 11 years).  I remember Firelink shrine and a few other things, but the late game stuff I do not remember at all (and I got a platinum back then).  It's weird how memory works (or doesn't).  Amazingly, I was able to do a small amount of coop - and was getting invaded constantly in Anor Londo.  So people are still playing.  One thing that surprised me as I remember those games being so hard - it is actually considerably easier than Elden Ring, especially the boss fights.

I'm considering upgrading to PS+ Extra to play Demon's Souls but I may want to get DS2 and DS3 again too.  Dark Souls Remastered holds up pretty good now - it is great playing DS with a solid frame rate in any case.  I remember it got a little iffy at times on the PS3.

And it seems like we ought to be hearing about Elden Ring DLC sooner or later!

bread's done
Back