Elden Ring General DIscussion

Awesome, thanks. That guide made it sound like the very last step to getting the sword was to complete Ranni's quest and get one of the endings.

Can I go and get that (her legendary weapon) now, while I'm still not finished with the city or even Volcano Manor without progressing the story too far?
Yes, I believe so; in fact, I think it's encouraged that you secure the weapon and ending option before you fully explore Altus Plateau. Fair warning: There's a quite difficult boss that you have to beat to finish Ranni's questline.

Today’s picture. By the way, you can get that legendary from the “Avenue” grace before doing any bosses. You can run past the enemies, jump on to a small domed building right below the weapon, then up to the ledge that it starts on.[attachment=36791:E29D1E00-A1E6-4B18-B618-EEB2C35B33D1.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
The capitol city place is HUGE.  I've been exploring all over and haven't even found a boss yet.  A couple of mini-bosses, but nothing major.  There are so many paths and stairs and lifts that I have had to make choices at that I'm sure I'm missing a ton of it still.  It is a very complex area geographically.  You can also hop all over the roofs in some areas.

I did find the *relatively major spoiler*
Duplicate(?)/original(?)/alternate universe(?) Roundtable Hold place.  Please do NOT give me any more info on this place unless there's something critical I shouldn't miss there - want to figure out what that's all about!

I'm pushing 200 hours and I still have lots to do.  I don't see how people are finishing this game in less than 100.  Some are claiming 40-50.  I'm sure that's possible (I mean we had speed runners doing it in 30 mins) but to me that's missing the whole point of the game: exploring and finding all the hidden stuff.  I have to do *everything*.  So I won't finish it until I beat every dungeon and overworld boss and find every treasure I can, even when it's just a stupid rune arc or a grease ;).

I also spend a lot of time in coop.  I just throw my summon sign to the pool and then help people.  I had a weird one yesterday where I was one of 3 people helping someone.  I didn't think that was possible.  And we were all regular summons - not one called in because of an invader or something.  Also, lots of invasions in the capitol.  If we stick together with the host we usually wreck them.

OK, now I'm confused--how did your son fight the twin bosses for the Ruin Greatsword before beating Radahn? They don't appear until the festival is over and that doesn't happen until you beat Radahn.

But to confirm, that shouldn't be a missable legendary weapon--the only truly missable one is the one in the city mentioned before. I got the All Legendary Armaments trophy yesterday.
You are confused heh. After the festival ends the doors are locked to most areas because Blaidd sac'd the place while you were assisting Ranni as he's searching for the treasure she sent you both after. If you don't clear the area before the festival, Blaidd will.

Awesome, thanks. That guide made it sound like the very last step to getting the sword was to complete Ranni's quest and get one of the endings.

Can I go and get that (her legendary weapon) now, while I'm still not finished with the city or even Volcano Manor without progressing the story too far?

By the way, apparently you can miss out on the second chance for
Bernahl's weapon if you finish up with Rykard. So that's yet another reason for me to put him off. But... I don't want to put him off so far I finish the game first ;). I know at the very least I still have two more Volcano Manor contracts. One is in the city and I haven't quite gotten to its location yet. The other is in a place I haven't even unlocked yet, so I assume it's after the city? However, given how easy it is to get to Bernahl's first location in NG+ I can always just clean that up afterwards.

Since From nerfed the Sword of Night & Flame literally the day after I started using it, what's another good Faith-based weapon build? I thought that missable legendary in the city might be a good choice, especially as I have liked spears in the past. But apparently it requires a whopping 40 Dex (mine is like 18 now) and doesn't scale with Faith.
It's still the best if you're focused on faith specifically. Most people are just running arcane setups now because bleeds too stronk and many of them require faith so it's 'kind of' a faith build.

The capitol city place is HUGE. I've been exploring all over and haven't even found a boss yet. A couple of mini-bosses, but nothing major. There are so many paths and stairs and lifts that I have had to make choices at that I'm sure I'm missing a ton of it still. It is a very complex area geographically. You can also hop all over the roofs in some areas.

I did find the *relatively major spoiler*
Duplicate(?)/original(?)/alternate universe(?) Roundtable Hold place. Please do NOT give me any more info on this place unless there's something critical I shouldn't miss there - want to figure out what that's all about!

I'm pushing 200 hours and I still have lots to do. I don't see how people are finishing this game in less than 100. Some are claiming 40-50. I'm sure that's possible (I mean we had speed runners doing it in 30 mins) but to me that's missing the whole point of the game: exploring and finding all the hidden stuff. I have to do *everything*. So I won't finish it until I beat every dungeon and overworld boss and find every treasure I can, even when it's just a stupid rune arc or a grease ;).

I also spend a lot of time in coop. I just throw my summon sign to the pool and then help people. I had a weird one yesterday where I was one of 3 people helping someone. I didn't think that was possible. And we were all regular summons - not one called in because of an invader or something. Also, lots of invasions in the capitol. If we stick together with the host we usually wreck them.
The Capitol is such a cancerous maze lol. I understand it now but it's VERY easy to forget about paths you cross and I legitimately got stuck for a night trying to figure out how to get to a later area in the game, only to realize it was stupidly simple and I just forgot it existed. It wasn't the first time either, as just getting to the actual boss fights there was me stumbling across the way by accident.

I haven't touched the game in a couple nights now; NG+ is such a joke I just lost interest TBH. Sidebar for anyone who has seen The Batman: I swear they straight up ripped off Demon's Souls music, bar for bar in a scene where he and Catwoman are together on a rooftop. It's the music from the main campsite with the maiden IIRC, but it's instantly recognizable when you hear it. I should see if it's on youtube. . .found it and added the timestamp (which breaks the player for CAG. . .). I just listened to them with overlap and it's fucking unreal; can't be coincidence. That's some balls right there risking copyright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9yA8P89F3k#t=90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q

You are confused heh. After the festival ends the doors are locked to most areas because Blaidd sac'd the place while you were assisting Ranni as he's searching for the treasure she sent you both after. If you don't clear the area before the festival, Blaidd will.
Still confused--after I finished the festival and went back to talk to the festival announcer, then reloaded the area to trigger the dual-boss fight and got the legendary weapon, the castle reverted back to having enemies to fight and those closed doors were now open. I was able to clear out the area long after finishing Ranni's (...and Blaidd's) questline.

Still confused--after I finished the festival and went back to talk to the festival announcer, then reloaded the area to trigger the dual-boss fight and got the legendary weapon, the castle reverted back to having enemies to fight and those closed doors were now open. I was able to clear out the area long after finishing Ranni's (...and Blaidd's) questline.
You can do it both before Radahn (as my son did) and after (as I did). I think some people might miss the "after" because it's pretty easy not to encounter the festival announcer as he moves into the building with the lift that takes you to Radahn. I know I had to look it up to see why the castle hadn't opened up for me. I was just trying to figure out why I couldn't get into the buildings that clearly had enemies and items in them - I didn't even know about the optional (legendary weapon holding) boss. And of course the "before" requires you sneak into the castle from the right side since the teleporter isn't active yet.

I have a question about the Divine Tower of Caelid.  That's the one where you have to climb from the outside to find the entrance.  I went back to that the other day (since the enemies were pretty tough when I got there early on).  I made my way down and fought the boss at the bottom.  But right at the top is a "doesn't open from this side" door and clearly I haven't been able to make my way up the tower to attune Radahn's rune.  Is that from a different entrance, or is there just something I missed when making my way down the inside of the tower (a lift maybe)?

I have a question about the Divine Tower of Caelid. That's the one where you have to climb from the outside to find the entrance. I went back to that the other day (since the enemies were pretty tough when I got there early on). I made my way down and fought the boss at the bottom. But right at the top is a "doesn't open from this side" door and clearly I haven't been able to make my way up the tower to attune Radahn's rune. Is that from a different entrance, or is there just something I missed when making my way down the inside of the tower (a lift maybe)?
I believe there's a second lift, but I can't recall exactly where it is--I definitely attuned Radahn's Great Rune.

I started exploring capital outskirts and leyndell last night, and ended up going to bed at 3am. The area seems absolutely massive with a million different paths, is there anything crucial I shouldn’t miss in this area?

I started exploring capital outskirts and leyndell last night, and ended up going to bed at 3am. The area seems absolutely massive with a million different paths, is there anything crucial I shouldn’t miss in this area?
For sure, there's weapon we keep talking about. Its on the thing behind me in my picture from yesterday (the not on horseback one).

Also, there's a dual invasion thing you can do in one area if you've progressed the Volcano Manor stuff far enough along. I'm sure there's other stuff I don't know about.

I think you just have missed it. It's just a shortcut, if we're talking about the same door.
The thing is, when I went in there it was all down, down, down: falling onto breaking ledges and jumping. Nothing would have ever brought me back up to where that shortcut door is, which is at the level where you start going endlessly down.

Congrats to whoever just beat the game. I just got a notification in-game that someone in the cag group did. That was pretty cool.
Interesting. When I was at Radahn I saw a strange bloodstain that looked different from the others and had a weird symbol on it. I have a picture I'll post later. But apparently that means it's someone from the CAG group. I saw another in Leyendell a few nights ago.

I haven't gotten any notifications but then I actually took a break from Elden Ring last night and played Destiny 2 instead ;).

My son apparently pushed ahead and beat
Godfrey. There is another boss fog door immediately after. He wants to do it but I'm warning him that may be the end game? Not sure. Can he safely do that? He hasn't even done Nokron yet let alone a lot of other stuff.

Interesting. When I was at Radahn I saw a strange bloodstain that looked different from the others and had a weird symbol on it. I have a picture I'll post later. But apparently that means it's someone from the CAG group. I saw another in Leyendell a few nights ago.

I haven't gotten any notifications but then I actually took a break from Elden Ring last night and played Destiny 2 instead ;).

Godfrey. There is another boss fog door immediately after. He wants to do it but I'm warning him that may be the end game? Not sure. Can he safely do that? He hasn't even done Nokron yet let alone a lot of other stuff.
No, he's fine to do that. If anything, you're just told where to go next afterwards.

There must be a bug, or weird window that allows that because my experience was I missed the fight due to the courtyard being occupied by festival goers. Afterward the castle was forever deserted and I couldn't get it. According to the lore it's supposed to be because of Blaidd seiging the castle.

Mwahaha not even close. He's at the halfway point depending just how much content he wants to do. ;)

NG+ actually opened my eyes to just how short the game can be realistically, if you just wanna push content and ignore all the non-legacy dungeons. I had my (nerfed) mimic tear finish off two bosses for me tonight because I was lazy and died right before the killing blow lol. Kinda weird that death window does allow for a DB on bosses and doesn't reset the encounter. I'm basically back at the end of the game again or at least the major turning point which doesn't leave much left. All good since Tiny Tina is out tomorrow night.

I will say this: I'm planning to come back with a level 100 character that I'm going to twink for helping with boss fights. I've not used the blue summon at all this game so it's I can be summoned for any boss I might've beaten but they haven't, right? Honestly been years since I did blubie stuffs but pretty sure that's how it goes.

There must be a bug, or weird window that allows that because my experience was I missed the fight due to the courtyard being occupied by festival goers. Afterward the castle was forever deserted and I couldn't get it. According to the lore it's supposed to be because of Blaidd seiging the castle.
You weren't able to find the festival announcer in the church/chapel past the festival grounds and talk to him? You have to exhaust his dialogue so he leaves, then when you reset the area, it goes back to its pre-festival state.

I believe there's a second lift, but I can't recall exactly where it is--I definitely attuned Radahn's Great Rune.
OK, so this was so stupid. When you go upstairs from the central tower grace, which is where you first come into the tower, the door to the upper lift is right there. However, it doesn't look like a door. It is not directly in front of you, it is to the left. The thing directly in front of you looks like a door, but isn't. I finally just went up there again and got in the right spot to trigger the door open prompt. D'oh! I had been up there 3 or 4 times and it didn't trigger it! Apparently this is a common issue as I discovered during a web search. A freaking user note would have been nice there!

Also got another notification last night that a CAG beat a shardbearer boss. Pretty cool feature.
Weird, I'm not getting these. I did see a message from a CAG though - same weird symbol as the bloodstain I saw the other day.

I went ahead and beat
Godfrey
in the capitol. I would recommend it to anyone who is there as you get a 4th talisman slot afterwards, and that's always gonna be useful. He was pretty easy too. I did some coop for the next boss but didn't beat it myself yet.

I also finished Ranni's quest. Afterwards, there is a small new overworld area that opens up and the things there are just destroying me ;). There are regular enemies there that I've only seen before as dungeon bosses. Plus a red wolf and a pair of dragons that are super tough.

Otherwise last night I went around and cleaned up a few dungeon bosses I had put off, including the rather unique dungeon you can find in Radahn's area. Tonight I'll go back to the capitol and try to get around to all those areas I missed, including the sewer area to do
the Dung Eater's
quest.

I'm quite surprised at the percentage completions on a lot of the PS version trophies. Early bosses are well over 50% and there's still one I don't have that's at 30% and that's with me 150 hours in. I would have expected much lower completion numbers.

You weren't able to find the festival announcer in the church/chapel past the festival grounds and talk to him? You have to exhaust his dialogue so he leaves, then when you reset the area, it goes back to its pre-festival state.
I did and it made zero difference. It's probably a bug one way or the other, but I was pretty pissed I missed that weapon and one that's ridiculously close to the end of the game simply because I didn't go down a path before killing the boss there. Plays into the whole invasions can't occur once a boss is killed in the area. There's quite a few weapons locked behind that; easy to miss if you don't know/find it.

I did and it made zero difference. It's probably a bug one way or the other, but I was pretty pissed I missed that weapon and one that's ridiculously close to the end of the game simply because I didn't go down a path before killing the boss there. Plays into the whole invasions can't occur once a boss is killed in the area. There's quite a few weapons locked behind that; easy to miss if you don't know/find it.
Has to be a bug. I went back way after I was done with Radahn and was able to reset the castle. Did you leave and come back after some time had passed?

I think you can't do coop at all (thus no invasions) once you kill a boss, right? I think you can still help people and invade even if you beat the boss, though. I do tend to do coop before I beat a boss so I can get a handle on what it is, but I have helped afterwards. In fact, I did that with the boss in Radahn's castle that drops the legendary sword.

I had some coop helpers with the boss at the end of Ranni's quest. Whatever one of them was doing was utterly destroying it while I could only do minimal damage. I didn't bother to help others with that one as I'd probably be more of a hindrance (boosting boss HP) than a help.

I'm pretty sure I'm on track with the legendary weapons. I think all the ones I have left are in areas I haven't gotten to. Don't you also have to get all the renowned ashes, too? I may have to start looking at guides for that. Hopefully the Selvius puppet ones don't count because that whole quest line definitely bugged for me.

If the festival announcer is nowhere to be found and u need him to be in a ruin with sellen, try going to academy renalla boss door you’ll see a red and gold summon sign at the door. Maybe u just progressed/skipped too far in the quest like me

Got the platinum trophy tonight after ~130 hours of pure gaming bliss. I can't wait to someday go through it all over again for the PS5 version's platinum.

I'm not one to write reviews or type up paragraphs, so I'll be brief: It will be very, very, very difficult for anything to top Elden Ring as my 2022 GotY. The constant moment-to-moment joy of exploration and combat will remain fondly in my memories for weeks to come.

The game rarely felt unfair, save for one endgame boss where my ultimate victory after losing 10-15 times felt like RNG had played a role rather than actual skill:
Malenia

It's going to be hard to move on to other games after something as warm and comforting like Elden Ring, but if I can sound cliched for a second, I think it's helped me to remember why I love playing video games in the first place.

I like that's this game has been something for me and my 14 year-old son to connect over.  We've always had different tastes in games.  I don't know what made him want to play this, but he's all into it now.  My 21 year-old son also wants to play.  Had I known they both wanted to play Elden Ring I probably would have gotten the Xbox version since they have one upstairs they can share.  My 21 year-old now wants a PS5 so he can play Elden Ring in his room - he won't play it on the downstairs TV in front of us ;).  I'm not even sure of the game share potential because my *other* son who is away at college uses my old main PS4 to share my games (not sure if he's playing Elden Ring but he should!).

So... this game.  I was looking at a guide for the legendary stuff and it turns out I was missing a spell in an area I could already get to.  But to get to that area you need to
get into a coffin
after an optional boss.  Turns out I had beaten that boss but didn't notice the thing or the notes weren't there/hadn't loaded for some reason.  When I went back this time there were notes galore telling you what to do.  Note that this is a different incident of this mechanic from when you use it during Ranni's quest. I didn't expect there to be 2 of those.  Oh yeah, and there's another one in the level, so make it 3.  I didn't take that one yet (maybe it just goes back up?).  Anyway, this opened up an whole new huge underground area I didn't even know existed:
Deeproot Depths
with yet another optional and rather tough boss.  I actually helped someone coop that boss.  I need to do it myself tonight.  There's also another walking mausoleum hiding down there.

So, yeah, just when I think I'm running out of game, oh, here's a huge new area to explore!

I did look ahead to the endings and there's some very important notes on how not to trigger the endings too soon. I definitely would have stumbled upon one of them (probably tonight as I was going to explore the capitol sewers) and locked myself out of the others had I not read this.  I will add it to the OP and if you guys that finished could verify it for me that would be great.

Found a dungeon (Sage's cave I think in Mt Gelmir/upper Altus?) with a huge amount of chests in it. This is just one room there:

[attachment=36802:C9061324-3D05-4A04-8476-176CE896FBFD.jpeg]

I cleaned up a bunch of dungeons last night but I still can't get anywhere with the boss of Sellia Hideway.  It is a trio of crystal rot-inducing enemies that I can barely even damage.  I tried crafting some pots as I have mostly ignored crafting and thought maybe that would make a difference.  They were worse than my weapons/incantations.  The only thing I have that does any damage is the flame attack from my Sword of Night and Flame.  But it's hard to get that off with 3 of them attacking me constantly.

io, just a few notes regarding the ending tips you added to the OP:

-After beating Mohg, you're OK to interact with the altar in the back of the boss room. This opens up probably the hardest platforming section in the game because you have to drop down a reallllllllllly long shaft onto coffins jutting out from the wall and one slip-up results in death, though you won't have far to travel thanks to the site of grace from Mohg's boss room.

When you get to the bottom, activate the site of grace down there, then fast-travel away. There's a door a short distance away that if interacted with will lock you in to an ending, so it's best to just unlock that site of grace to save time since you can warp straight there after beating the Elden Beast and backing up your save.

-Also, to be more specific, this is what you can boil down the ending choices to:

1) Interact with the statue

2) Interact with the blue marking on the ground.

3) Warp to the site of grace at the bottom of the vertical shaft after Mohg's room, do something else I won't spoil, walk up to the door and interact with it, warp back to the post-Elden Beast room and interact with the statue.

Everything else you wrote is correct.

OK, thanks, that trophy guide phrased it really funny.  I think they were just being overly cautious so people wouldn't go too far.

This is how they have it:

The last thing here is to head into the sewers and defeat Mohg, the Omen. Defeating him is also a step towards the Ending. AFTER defeating Mohg, the Omen fast travel away to exit the sewers, do NOT continue on the path behind him (do NOT go through the secret altar path/platforming section behind him and most importantly do NOT interact with the red door at the end of that platforming path). Interacting with the red door would lock you into the ending and thus lock you out of the other endings for this playthrough! We’ll return here in Step 11!

So, yeah, I guess it really is the last thing you don't want to do, but they warn you not to do stuff before it too ;).  But yeah if there is a site right before the point of no return, they could have said to sit there and then fast travel away.

Yeah, not sure why that phrasing. I'm pretty sure the guide mentioned unlocking the site of grace was OK last week, so maybe it was updated to be super-duper cautious.

Yeah, not sure why that phrasing. I'm pretty sure the guide mentioned unlocking the site of grace was OK last week, so maybe it was updated to be super-duper cautious.
Probably someone wasn't paying attention and went too far and then got mad at them, so they made it more cautious.

I cleaned up a bunch of dungeons last night but I still can't get anywhere with the boss of Sellia Hideway. It is a trio of crystal rot-inducing enemies that I can barely even damage. I tried crafting some pots as I have mostly ignored crafting and thought maybe that would make a difference. They were worse than my weapons/incantations. The only thing I have that does any damage is the flame attack from my Sword of Night and Flame. But it's hard to get that off with 3 of them attacking me constantly.
3 crystalians? Yeah it’s tough. Use a mimic and if u have barricade shield (yes it’s been nerfed), just press L2, then when the spear dude and the other melee crystalian hits you, press r2. U do that 3 times to the spear dude, u break his posture for a free critical hit. Just keep doin that cuz they start to crack after a while then u can really damage them

3 crystalians? Yeah it’s tough. Use a mimic and if u have barricade shield (yes it’s been nerfed), just press L2, then when the spear dude and the other melee crystalian hits you, press r2. U do that 3 times to the spear dude, u break his posture for a free critical hit. Just keep doin that cuz they start to crack after a while then u can really damage them
Not sure I have that or what it does, but I'll look into it. Yeah I noticed with the duo of crystalians that once you get to a certain point they melt. I just can't get the 3 into that condition. Mimic Tear does absolutely nothing to them and dies quick. I have it maxed out too. But maybe if it also has that shield it will be different? I think this is just a case where my build is the exact wrong thing for this battle.

Not sure I have that or what it does, but I'll look into it. Yeah I noticed with the duo of crystalians that once you get to a certain point they melt. I just can't get the 3 into that condition. Mimic Tear does absolutely nothing to them and dies quick. I have it maxed out too. But maybe if it also has that shield it will be different? I think this is just a case where my build is the exact wrong thing for this battle.
As soon as you stance-break a Crystalian and use the R1 move on their front, every hit thereafter will stagger them (i.e., their poise becomes 0). I mentioned this before, but you should definitely use a Strike weapon for them.

So about the sewers (or, really, the Subterranian Shunning Grounds). It was my understanding Mohg was down there but it turns out he's actually in a completely different place?  I spent like 5 hours trying to get through the sewers and I found the Lyendell catacombs but that just had a normal dungeon boss.  I thought the elevator near here would take me to him.  Nope, just back to the sewers where I literally just came from, which is stupid since there's a grace in the catacombs (so why would you need a shortcut back?).

The shortcut doors are really bizarre in the sewers.  Like they don't really save you much.  It is some bizarre design.  I am seeing some purple drops that I can't quite reach and still a couple of one-way doors down there.  I feel like I can't move on until I get to those, even though I know they will be crap like an Arteria Leaf or Rune Arc.

You do get Mohg's shackle in the sewer, but if that is as lame as Margit's shackle was, it won't be much help.

Anyway, regardless of the usefulness of this area, it is yet another huge area of the game that is pretty much hidden away.  I would have missed the well for sure that leads to it without having looked it up.  I could see a lot of people passing this over.

Edit: OK, apparently there's two Mohgs.  One is actually in the sewer and another somewhere else.  How confusing is that!? It's like all the Godfrey/Godwyn/Godefry/Godsnax/whatever guys.  And I was near him many times.  I was apparently just dropping down into the wrong hole from one sewer pipe to the other.  D'oh!  Oddly no notes ever pointed to the right one.  They all just warned of the holes so I mostly jumped over them.  it wasn't till hours into it that I thought maybe I should jump down the holes. (Edit: and then when I went back there were notes all over saying "boss" and "here" for the correct hole to drop into.  Had these been there the other day it would have saved me a few hours!)

Also, about the endings.  I'm gathering there are actually several endings, but only 3 give you trophies?  It seems Fia and Dung Eater's quests lead to their own endings. Hopefully they don't preempt the other endings.

Also, about the endings. I'm gathering there are actually several endings, but only 3 give you trophies? It seems Fia and Dung Eater's quests lead to their own endings. Hopefully they don't preempt the other endings.
Correct, they're technically different versions of the existing endings. I actually chose Fia's "ending" and got the trophy associated with the underlying ending it "altered".

This guy. So rude.

[attachment=36807:ED37B70C-CD96-41F7-950F-25B2280647A9.jpeg]

[attachment=36808:C42783A2-5DAB-437F-BF31-24D1D203C7DD.jpeg]

Wow... Just when I think maybe I'm getting close to the end, no...

I finally got over half the trophies - but still like 19 more to go.

Just got to the snow area and of course that's another huge place.  But also I noticed I had some large empty areas in my Altus plateau map and sure enough, I had missed lots there.  So I was going around cleaning that up.  Then I was looking at some character quests and remembered that after Brother Coryhn left my Roundtable Hold (like 100 game hours ago) I never saw him again.  Turns out he's wrapped up in a quest with that strange guy with the golden sun mask in Altus.  So I went back and found them at their various locations and progressed their stuff.  It is also something you'd want to do before the thing happens to the capitol city.  He offers a bunch more incantations for sale that I don't think you get otherwise.  I guess this leads to yet another ending.

And I keep finding more dungeons and scarabs in places I've been to many times.  I don't think I've even explored Caelid very thoroughly at this point and I'm sure I've missed stuff even in Limgrave.  The sheer amount of content in this game is staggering.

I went back to Volcano Manor where I had stopped progressing because I thought I might stumble upon the boss there too soon.  It turns out I had stopped short of another whole huge area that didn't even have the boss (though at the end there was a teleporter that takes you to the boss).  There is a seedbed curse in there for one thing (needed for Dung Eater quest).  Also found Rya there after she left the manor, so that was a surprise.  I guess I finished up her quest.  You get a talisman that increases all the damage you take.  There should have been a trophy for that ;).

Then when I was doing the Rykard fight I was getting some summons and got invaded.  Because that boss area is only available via teleport (via either the actual teleporter or Tanith) the room is very small and consists of just a grace and a small passage before the boss fog.  As a result, the invader spawned right on top of me and the one summons I had gotten at that point (I was trying to get a second at the time).  Things did not go well for that invader.  We destroyed him before he could even make a move.  I should have captured a video.

As for Rykard, when both me and my son did it we had some summons helpers that all used the same spell/incantations.  One was a white spear thing that maybe is an ice version of my favorite the lightning spear.  Another looked like maybe gusts of wind or some sort of expanding ice attack.  I guess it would have been nice to have these.  Anyone know what they are and where they come from?

You get this emote, too, from the Coryhn quest line:[attachment=36812:D58D07D9-4FCA-49E2-B6C0-03859057104E.jpeg]

I was hoping to get the sun mask at the end of all this but I don't think you do.

^ Apparently the sun mask is just a normal drop (on a corpse) not far from where you first see this guy.  Yet another thing I missed!

About Rykard: I just realized that those people could have been using the serpent spear thing that you pick up in the boss's room.  Since that was my first time in there, sure, I picked it up, but I didn't have time to equip it. So I never did see what it did.  Had I died maybe I would have leveled it up and used it against him ;).  Is it any good for general usage or against other bosses or is it just a gimmick weapon for this fight?

As it was, I did decent damage to him just going up and whacking him with my Sword of Night & Flame.  But the summons probably did by far the majority of the damage.

^ Apparetnly the sun mask is just a normal drop (on a corpse) not far from where you first see this guy. Yet another thing I missed!

About Rykard: I just realized that those people could have been using the serpent spear thing that you pick up in the boss's room. Since that was my first time in there, sure, I picked it up, but I didn't have time to equip it. So I never did see what it did. Had I died maybe I would have leveled it up and used it against him ;). Is it any good for general usage or against other bosses or is it just a gimmick weapon for this fight?

As it was, I did decent damage to him just going up and whacking him with my Sword of Night & Flame. But the summons probably did by far the majority of the damage.
It's basically made for melee users so they don't have to get up close to Rykard to hit him--each stab/swing of the Serpent Spear is super-long/wide and will always hit him from a short distance.

90 hrs in and I am finally done with Liurnia. Have been breaking my head at fighting the knights of the great jar. It seems doable but I keep getting greedy or miscalculating. I am not giving up on this fight though.

Is Caelid the next destination after Liurnia or is it Atlus Plateau?

90 hrs in and I am finally done with Liurnia. Have been breaking my head at fighting the knights of the great jar. It seems doable but I keep getting greedy or miscalculating. I am not giving up on this fight though.

Caelid.

See now I'm way past Liurnia and I have no idea what you are talking about. The Great Jar? Where/what is that?

Does this have something to do with the best equip load talisman? I wanted to get that but the stuff I read made no sense. I thought that was in Caelid anyway. (Edit: yes, it is in Caelid. I ran into that guy WAY WAY long ago in my game but he didn't say anything. Now I have no idea how to get back there. Actually now that I think back on it I thought this must be some sort of multiplayer fight club like that one place in Dark Souls 3, because I think I saw the invader signs and just assumed they were from other people. D'oh!).

I do get a little bit of the late game criticism. The snowy area is yet another huge place, but it does seem to be rather empty and the normal enemies there are kind of cheap one-hitters. And how the hell would you ever beat the fog dragon thing?

Also, apparently I might have screwed up getting Bernahl's weapon by
killing Rykard
. I finished all the quests there so we'll see. I'm not to the place yet where he supposedly invades. If not, I'll clean it up quick in NG+. It seems like you'd almost always want to beat that guy way before the place where Bernahl would invade, so hopefully they planned for that.

I got the legendary sorceries/incantations trophy. That one you can finish as soon as you get to the snowy place. The rest look like they require some very late game stuff.

I also used an interactive map to get SO MANY items I had missed in Leyendell (before I can't no more). It's amazing how much I explored there and yet how much I missed. I'd recommend being sure to get into the upper part of the
duplicate Roundtable hold
via hopping up on some abandoned stables in the back streets area. Apparently there's a pure Faith-scaling sword that can hit through shields/barriers. I'm hoping it's good on the Crystallian guys.

See now I'm way past Liurnia and I have no idea what you are talking about. The Great Jar? Where/what is that?

Does this have something to do with the best equip load talisman? I wanted to get that but the stuff I read made no sense. I thought that was in Caelid anyway. (Edit: yes, it is in Caelid. I ran into that guy WAY WAY long ago in my game but he didn't say anything. Now I have no idea how to get back there. Actually now that I think back on it I thought this must be some sort of multiplayer fight club like that one place in Dark Souls 3, because I think I saw the invader signs and just assumed they were from other people. D'oh!).
Start from the Deep Siofra Well site of grace in Caelid and walk eastward towards the two Golem Archers. You have to kill all 3 NPCs using the red summon signs in front of The Great Jar without dying, then you automatically get the talisman.

bread's done
Back