Elden Ring General DIscussion

Start from the Deep Siofra Well site of grace in Caelid and walk eastward towards the two Golem Archers. You have to kill all 3 NPCs using the red summon signs in front of The Great Jar without dying, then you automatically get the talisman.
Well crap I could have done this like half the game ago ;). At least I suspect it will be easy now.

I like my current armor set…[attachment=36813:A3926458-7903-45FA-8590-15D9584B9597.jpeg]

And also, finally a use for the glowing stones!
[attachment=36814:B724F6C8-9E40-4183-BD73-9B782005D05B.jpeg]

Lol Io, you're hitting the point of the game where you're like "DOES THIS EVER END?" So many hidden areas, and yeah Jar boi is for the equip load talisman. You didn't screw up Bernahl's weapon UNLESS you killed the boss in Farum. I did screw that up my first game because it's VERY easy to miss if you don't go down a simple path to find him.

I started a new character and it was extremely satisfying having all the meta knowledge now to just plow through the game. Did a dual-wield bleed build that's just shredding with the arcane buff. I got about halfway when Tiny Tina hit, so now that's consuming all my playtime. Really loving it, even though the game is still the same loot, shoot, kill formula. I'll have to come back to ER later on because new characters really do fix how the game was getting stale for me just murdering everything at level 175 lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol Io, you're hitting the point of the game where you're like "DOES THIS EVER END?" So many hidden areas
Yeah, I was exploring the snow area and oh, here's another castle. Oh, and it has a boss too ;). Ridiculous. (Turns out this is where the other half of that medallion Ofnir wanted me to get dozens of hours ago was located). Sure, the castle wasn't quite Stormveil sized, but it was bigger than I thought it was from the outside. And of course I keep finding more caves and tombs. So far I've been able to clear them all which makes the one way back in Caelid (with the 3 crystalline dudes) stand out all the more.

Can anyone help me defeat the boss right outside beastial sanctum?
The gargoyle thing standing with its back to the door? I cheesed that by retreating back into the room and hitting it with arrows and spells. It will shoot you with the roar attack, but if you duck down behind the broken columns you can usually avoid that. And it won't come in.

My son went down and fought Mohg. With my help he was able to get there quickly while I spent hours getting lost in the sewer tunnels. He went down to the red door thingie, but I convinced him to hold off on that for now (he wants that ending but I told him he doesn't have to choose it just yet). I didn't know that even beyond that is another secret area with more stuff ;). I'm assuming it is safe to go beyond there without triggering a particular ending?

Yeah, I was exploring the snow area and oh, here's another castle. Oh, and it has a boss too ;). Ridiculous. (Turns out this is where the other half of that medallion Ofnir wanted me to get dozens of hours ago was located). Sure, the castle wasn't quite Stormveil sized, but it was bigger than I thought it was from the outside. And of course I keep finding more caves and tombs. So far I've been able to clear them all which makes the one way back in Caelid (with the 3 crystalline dudes) stand out all the more.

The gargoyle thing standing with its back to the door? I cheesed that by retreating back into the room and hitting it with arrows and spells. It will shoot you with the roar attack, but if you duck down behind the broken columns you can usually avoid that. And it won't come in.

My son went down and fought Mohg. With my help he was able to get there quickly while I spent hours getting lost in the sewer tunnels. He went down to the red door thingie, but I convinced him to hold off on that for now (he wants that ending but I told him he doesn't have to choose it just yet). I didn't know that even beyond that is another secret area with more stuff ;). I'm assuming it is safe to go beyond there without triggering a particular ending?
Yep that’s the one. I’ll give that a shot, really been struggling with this guy.

Well crap I could have done this like half the game ago ;). At least I suspect it will be easy now.
I struggled like crazy to beat those guys. Finally had to play the game offline to make it manageable. When you play online the set of three knights are different each time and supposedly randomly choose the weapons of current online players. I was getting destroyed. My biggest issue is getting greedy and then getting frustrated and throwing away a bunch of chances before cooling down 😂

I struggled like crazy to beat those guys. Finally had to play the game offline to make it manageable. When you play online the set of three knights are different each time and supposedly randomly choose the weapons of current online players. I was getting destroyed. My biggest issue is getting greedy and then getting frustrated and throwing away a bunch of chances before cooling down
Interesting. I noticed they changed but wasn't sure how or why. The first time I tried it, I used all my healing flasks on the first guy, and only made it half way through the second one. But then I tried it again and got 3 really easy ones. So, yeah, I guess just keep resetting it till you get ones that are a better match. During that first attempt they did seem unusually tough compared to most NPC invaders.

Afterwards I spent some time in Caelid. I had ridden through/past a lot of stuff there earlier because of the murder crows and rat dogs. They one-shot me when I went through there super early (like level 20-30). They are easy to kill now that I'm at 130. So I'm sure there's more stuff I missed there too.

I also had missed a huge section of the Raya Lucaria Academy. An obscure jumping point led to tons of stuff. Early on, after beating the wolf, there's a place where you can go up to the left in a courtyard with a fountain and then jump over a railing to some stairs. I did that, but only to unlock the door below. It does lead to a shortcut to the next area so I thought that was it. But then if you go up the stairs and around the corner there's a pretty far-down roof you can jump to. If you follow the roof tops and various ladders and jump points it leads you to a ton of items. There are still some I saw up on higher roofs that I had no idea how to get to, but I'm going to assume those are just materials and not worry about it. I had originally wanted to get every single item I could, but I'm starting to get overwhelmed with it all.

Anyway, at the end of the path of roofs, you are in the rafters above the Cuckoo Glintstone church and that is where you can get the second key (on a chandelier) to give Thops. I had just assumed he would take my key once I completed the Academy but he never did. When you give him the second one you get an emote that you do actually need (in combination with one of the glintstone masks) to open one of the tower seals in a completely different place. That was a hell of an obscure thing to find. He then moves to the academy and promptly dies and you can get more stuff off his body (I think near the classroom site of grace - back outside where the tombstones are).

Up at the top of that church is also where you can find a crystal crab that gives you that two-faced glintstone crown when killed. I was wondering where people had gotten that!

You can also get some goofy looking head pieces from the Sellen quest if you go back to the two wizards she has you find (one in Mt. Gelmir and one in the Sellia Hideaway cave). Fashion souls FTW!

Interesting. I noticed they changed but wasn't sure how or why. The first time I tried it, I used all my healing flasks on the first guy, and only made it half way through the second one. But then I tried it again and got 3 really easy ones. So, yeah, I guess just keep resetting it till you get ones that are a better match. During that first attempt they did seem unusually tough compared to most NPC invaders.

Afterwards I spent some time in Caelid. I had ridden through/past a lot of stuff there earlier because of the murder crows and rat dogs. They one-shot me when I went through there super early (like level 20-30). They are easy to kill now that I'm at 130. So I'm sure there's more stuff I missed there too.

I also had missed a huge section of the Raya Lucaria Academy. An obscure jumping point led to tons of stuff. Early on, after beating the wolf, there's a place where you can go up to the left in a courtyard with a fountain and then jump over a railing to some stairs. I did that, but only to unlock the door below. It does lead to a shortcut to the next area so I thought that was it. But then if you go up the stairs and around the corner there's a pretty far-down roof you can jump to. If you follow the roof tops and various ladders and jump points it leads you to a ton of items. There are still some I saw up on higher roofs that I had no idea how to get to, but I'm going to assume those are just materials and not worry about it. I had originally wanted to get every single item I could, but I'm starting to get overwhelmed with it all.

Anyway, at the end of the path of roofs, you are in the rafters above the Cuckoo Glintstone church and that is where you can get the second key (on a chandelier) to give Thops. I had just assumed he would take my key once I completed the Academy but he never did. When you give him the second one you get an emote that you do actually need (in combination with one of the glintstone masks) to open one of the tower seals in a completely different place. That was a hell of an obscure thing to find. He then moves to the academy and promptly dies and you can get more stuff off his body (I think near the classroom site of grace - back outside where the tombstones are).

Up at the top of that church is also where you can find a crystal crab that gives you that two-faced glintstone crown when killed. I was wondering where people had gotten that!

You can also get some goofy looking head pieces from the Sellen quest if you go back to the two wizards she has you find (one in Mt. Gelmir and one in the Sellia Hideaway cave). Fashion souls FTW!
Ya there is a lot of platforming in Raya Lucaria and I completely missed the second key too. Later read online on where to find it and went back for it. WAs super overpowered by the time I came to Rennala and killed her first attempt. I think it took me a total of 40-50 attempts to finally beat the knights of the great jar. By the end I was so frustrated and was making too many mistakes but didn't want to stop without winning that fight. Will be starting with the rest of Caelid tonight and I am already close to 100 hrs in!

Ya there is a lot of platforming in Raya Lucaria and I completely missed the second key too. Later read online on where to find it and went back for it. WAs super overpowered by the time I came to Rennala and killed her first attempt. I think it took me a total of 40-50 attempts to finally beat the knights of the great jar. By the end I was so frustrated and was making too many mistakes but didn't want to stop without winning that fight. Will be starting with the rest of Caelid tonight and I am already close to 100 hrs in!
Yeah at the very least going back to Raya Lucaria now I can just shred through those stupid mages whereas when I was first in there I always had to be really careful. I think that's why I end up missing stuff - my first time through I'm usually at the right level or even under-leveled so I don't want to mess around too much - just trying to get to graces and shortcuts and bosses.

When I beat the 3 jar knights I just kept my distance and lightning speared them all to death. Was super easy compared to trying to melee them ;). The first set I encountered were way faster and also threw spells at me so I couldn't do that. For whatever reason the second set were all melee and moved slowly.

My son is now trying to tackle Moghwyn and that place is a murder-fest. He keeps getting slaughtered. He's around level 100. I knew that area was tough so other than bird farming (which I barely did - and usually just to buy stuff not level up) I haven't gone in there. Speaking of leveling up, I'm really trying to not do it so much as I'm around 130 now. But I keep ending up with like 100,000 runes just exploring new areas and I don't have much else to spend it on. I've bumped up all my renowned ashes to +6, and I've leveled up a ton of somber stone weapons to +4 or +5. Then I just buy arrows and stuff.

I finally went and made use of one of the mausoleums to duplicate a remembrance. I just did Ranni's since I figure I won't be doing her full questline on future playthroughs. I should probably do the Astel one too, since that's part of it too. Who knows if I'll ever spec myself to 70 Int to use Ranni's stuff, but there you go ;).

I don't ever hear anyone mention the Coded Sword, but it did help me with the 3 Crystallians. It also looks cool. It's like a light saber made out of runes. (Obtained in Leyendell in the upstairs of the Roundtable area).

Jodou - what do you keep and what do you lose in NG+?  I'm assuming you keep all weapons.  But do you also keep all Talismans, spells, ashes?  I assume you lose all the "key" items and maps (and open graces)?

Since on this play-through I'm doing just about everything, it is going to be hard for me to reset the world and have it be so incomplete.  I may just save swap to get the 3 trophy endings, then jump into NG+ if I miss any legendaries, but then reset it back to the end of NG for any future DLC.  I've missed out on a few NPC quests and thus some items from that (especially Selvius's stuff) but I'm not sure the trade-off of resetting my entire world is worth it for just that stuff.  I suppose I could play through NG+ but always keep my PS+ save at the end of NG.

Well apparently I may have screwed up my remembrance duplications.  I know some only duplicate some of the rememberances. I *assumed* those would be the early ones that you get to. It turns out, no, those ones can do them all and the later ones only do certain ones.  WTF!?  Well, apparently, I wasted one of the ones that could do any of them on one you could do anywhere.  D'oh!  That's what I get for doing something spontaneous and not reading about it beforehand.

Also, I think I might have done Renalla's instead of what I thought was Ranni's.  I blame GRRM for all these names that sound the same!  I wouldn't have wasted a dup on Renalla's since that's a relatively early game boss.   Oh well.

The names are the worst part of the lore. So many G names. And R names. And M names.

Well dang, was that on purpose? G. R. R. M.?

The names are the worst part of the lore. So many G names. And R names. And M names.

Well dang, was that on purpose? G. R. R. M.?
I bet it was! Just the God-based ones are ridiculous: Godfrey, Godwyn, Godrick, Godefroy, Godskin Noble, Godskin Apostle, and then just to mix it up Gideon Ofnir. I actually looked these up to make sure I had the spellings right. I actually laughed out loud when I came across Godefroy in the game.

I bet it was! Just the God-based ones are ridiculous: Godfrey, Godwyn, Godrick, Godefroy, Godskin Noble, Godskin Apostle, and then just to mix it up Gideon Ofnir. I actually looked these up to make sure I had the spellings right. I actually laughed out loud when I came across Godefroy in the game.
Yeah I had a good laugh any time I'd see a "new" name pop up and I'd have to think to myself "didn't I already fight someone with this name?"

3 jar knights I couldn’t beat for a while. This was when my build was still just bleed with nagakiba and uchi. Didn’t have much health at the time either so I would usually get 1 hit n die. What annoyed me is u have to beat them all in a row and I got to a streak of 2 a few times then died. Eventually went back there ever since the patch which fixed the ROB and after leveling up, getting new talismans, I remembered those 3 dudes who really annoyed me so I went back, used sepukku then destroyed them with my rivers of blood.

For a very long time I didn't know what weapon arts were and didn't know that you could have no-skill ash of war attached to the shield and use L2 for the weapon arts. Now that I know it, I still don't use it even though people rave about it because muscle memory kicks in and my finger never goes to L2 during the big fights. I wish I had learned this earlier. I am carrying around the Bloodhound's fang and its weapon arts looks pretty cool.

Well apparently I may have screwed up my remembrance duplications. I know some only duplicate some of the rememberances. I *assumed* those would be the early ones that you get to. It turns out, no, those ones can do them all and the later ones only do certain ones. WTF!? Well, apparently, I wasted one of the ones that could do any of them on one you could do anywhere. D'oh! That's what I get for doing something spontaneous and not reading about it beforehand.

Also, I think I might have done Renalla's instead of what I thought was Ranni's. I blame GRRM for all these names that sound the same! I wouldn't have wasted a dup on Renalla's since that's a relatively early game boss. Oh well.
I wasted my first two remembrances by just clicking on Use from inventory and got around 20000 runes. Only later did I realize you could actually exchange it for weapons. :(

I wasted my first two remembrances by just clicking on Use from inventory and got around 20000 runes. Only later did I realize you could actually exchange it for weapons. :(
Ouch. Yeah, I don't even know why they allow that given how easy runes are to get in this game (other than that it is a legacy thing from other Souls games). I have stacks of the regular rune items too (and the Numen's runes, Hero's runes, etc). I could probably gain dozens of levels just from my consumables without touching the boss ones.

For a very long time I didn't know what weapon arts were and didn't know that you could have no-skill ash of war attached to the shield and use L2 for the weapon arts. Now that I know it, I still don't use it even though people rave about it because muscle memory kicks in and my finger never goes to L2 during the big fights. I wish I had learned this earlier. I am carrying around the Bloodhound's fang and its weapon arts looks pretty cool.
Same here, though I figured it out when I got the Sword of Night & Flame. It kind of sucks because it means you can't use cool shields like the jellyfish one since it has it's own special built-in art. Though maybe you can "No Skill" that one too. I've never duplicated an Ash of War but I could see the "No Skill" one being the one I end up duplicating so I can put it on multiple shields ;). My son has been using the Bloodhound fang I think. He tends to attack too much with it though and the slow animation gets him killed a lit.

Speaking of shields, I have yet to find a better one than the Inverted Hawk Heater shield that I got in like the first 10-20 hours of the game. I am somewhat surprised by that. Everything else is either much heavier or has less protection (sometimes even both!). I fought one of those tough-ass Night Bird mini bosses and it dropped a cool looking medium sized shield: it was worse than the Inverted Hawk. D'oh! Like I'm not expecting amazing game-breaking stats, but a slight improvement over an early game shield would be nice.

I made it to land of giants and the difficulty spike is a little intense, what level should I be for this area?
The Mountaintop of the Giants definitely has a difficulty spike (and it gets worse when you go to the western portion via the secret lift medallion). It gets even worse in Mohgwyn's area. I got a preview of an even later area (by using a sending gate in the Four Belfries) and if the two enemies there are any sign, that is tougher still.

I'm over level 130 now. So I don't think these areas will ever get "easy" (like Liurnia and even Caelid are now) unless you super over-level. I will probably get myself up to 150 by the end but will stop there. I don't want to over-level past getting people as summons if necessary. It's just so hard because you get so many damned runes. I was just exploring the over world in the Mountaintops and I killed a tree guardian thing (which surprisingly wasn't hard there). All of a sudden I realized I had 270,000 runes. That was about 2 1/2 levels worth just right there. I'd spend it on other stuff but I've already bought every interesting item, powered up a ton of weapons, and gotten all my renowned ashes to +6 (the current cap for which I can buy the upgrade materials). I guess I can start doing ALL the ashes, even though I never use anything besides Mimic Tear.

Jodou and Vigilante, any tips on the order of progression for the final areas? I really have no idea where I should be right now. As I said, I've gotten to the left side of the Mountaintops. There's a town there with magic seals I can't unlock (didn't want to look it up just yet). The player notes aren't helpful. They mention items and emotes as they always do when there's seals, even when they don't require those things. So, in addition to both sides of the Mountaintop, I know that I can access
Ephael (though I'm not sure how), Moghwyn's palace, and the Farum place. Should I beat the Fire Giant now or wait till I do some other stuff first? I encountered it and almost got it first try but I kind of lost on purpose because I didn't know if that would trigger certain events. If you guys have a list for which order I should do these things I'd appreciate it.

I also need to go down past Mohg's area in the sewers and get the stuff down there. My son did it and it surprisingly led to the Deeproot Depths.

Crap, I also realized I have Rykard's rune but it isn't attuned yet.  I don't remember seeing a tower in Mt. Gelmir, so maybe I missed a bunch there too (I know I still have some mini-bosses to deal with there for sure).

I should probably use one of the interactive maps and check all the earlier areas to make sure I didn't miss any tombs or caves or towers.

Either gamespot or ign posted a video about the mausoleums. The ones with bells can duplicate any remembrance but ones with no bell can’t do them all. 7 total (2 bell-less) kinda annoys me cuz definitely gotta do ng+ to duplicate all

Jodou and Vigilante, any tips on the order of progression for the final areas? I really have no idea where I should be right now. As I said, I've gotten to the left side of the Mountaintops. There's a town there with magic seals I can't unlock (didn't want to look it up just yet). The player notes aren't helpful. They mention items and emotes as they always do when there's seals, even when they don't require those things. So, in addition to both sides of the Mountaintop, I know that I can access
Ephael (though I'm not sure how), Moghwyn's palace, and the Farum place. Should I beat the Fire Giant now or wait till I do some other stuff first? I encountered it and almost got it first try but I kind of lost on purpose because I didn't know if that would trigger certain events. If you guys have a list for which order I should do these things I'd appreciate it.
You can beat the Fire Giant now and unlock the site of grace after him (across the long chain). However, do not talk to Melina at that site of grace. Doing so accidentally won't trigger anything, but answering "Yes" to her question will.

As for progression order, here's what I recommend:

-Clear out the rest of Mountaintop of the Giants (right side) if you haven't already

-Deeproot Depths (there's not as much down there as you'd think, but in addition to the missable boss with a trophy there's also a legendary incantation)

-Mohgwyn's Palace (also not as much in that location as you'd expect, at least in the palace itself)

-Consecrated Snowfield (i.e., left side of Mountaintop of the Giants)

-Elphael (you unlock the path there by "solving" the Ordina, Liturgical Town area you mentioned; without spoiling anything, look carefully around the whole area for something to interact with)

"The Farum place" is where you end up after saying "Yes" to Melina at the Forge of the Giants site of grace.

I ended up solving that puzzle in the Concecrated Snowfield.  It was so simple in the end but the thing you do to solve it is usually for something else
an Evergaol encounter - which I avoided at first thinking it would be too tough

I then went on to the next area, which is not on your list (but maybe it leads there?) 
Haligtree.  It is a cool looking area with all these branching (literally) paths.  And lots of stuff to one-shot murder you even at level 130.  Sheesh.  It's gonna take me several hours just to get through there.  Once again I ask how the hell are people finishing this game in 100 hours!? Also, Ofnir gave me a prize for finding it - some incantation.

Deeproot Depths I did a while ago.  Got the boss
For Fia's ending
already.  I was just talking about how apparently the sewers past Mohg lead there eventually, which I found odd.  I got there a completely different way earlier.  But I'll have to go down the sewer route to get all the items down there.

So far I've gotten 2 each of the top level smithing stones.  I thought I read here there was only one available per play-through?  From what I'm seeing now I still have more to find too. I went ahead and maxed out the Sword of Night & Flame, even though I am thinking about moving on from it.  I just got the Golden Order Greatsword and it also scales with Faith.

I also just last night (after I posted about not finding a better shield than the early game Inverted Hawk Heater shield) found one slightly better.  Same weight but it has better magic protection, and it looks much cooler.  Silver mirror shield I think.

As for Seals, I'm finding the scaling factors a bit odd.  I am starting to use one of the 0 weight ones I got recently.  It also seems to provide a higher scaling factor even though it isn't S-scaled with Faith like my other one.  Some odd stuff going on there under the hood.  And then I tried like 4 different ones out on the same enemy.  Some do better with some incantations than others, even when those incantations aren't the specific ones they are supposed to buff.  It is all very confusing and makes it hard to pick the "best" one.

One more question Vigilante.  How and when do you get to the
burnt version of the capitol?  Is that just prior to the end?  One of the legendary talismans is apparently there in the sewer access, but only once the capitol is burned.  Is this the next thing after Farum?

Here’s a shot of one very late game area. This is from the “preview” spot you can get to much earlier via the Four Belfries.  I'm covering it in a spoiler tag just in case.  You can't tell much from the picture so it's probably safe to take a peek at if you are in the early game.  It is much more impressive in motion!

[attachment=36817:1D844660-5E03-4A92-917D-2CE17632A37B.jpeg]

I then went on to the next area, which is not on your list (but maybe it leads there?)
Haligtree. It is a cool looking area with all these branching (literally) paths. And lots of stuff to one-shot murder you even at level 130. Sheesh. It's gonna take me several hours just to get through there. Once again I ask how the hell are people finishing this game in 100 hours!? Also, Ofnir gave me a prize for finding it - some incantation.

One more question Vigilante. How and when do you get to the
burnt version of the capitol? Is that just prior to the end? One of the legendary talismans is apparently there in the sewer access, but only once the capitol is burned. Is this the next thing after Farum?
Haligtree is the area immediately before Elphael, so you're in the right place. Good luck with that area's boss--definitely the hardest one in the game IMO.

Yes, finish Farum Azula to get to the burnt capitol. To get that talisman, you'll have to start from the Forbidden Lands site of grace and take the elevator back towards Leyndell.

Thanks, I gotta make sure I fully looted the capitol first.  One thing I got when I went back later was that Coded sword that is great against enemies with built in strike barriers (like the Crystallians).

In the late game I'm seeing many more messages and blood stains from the cag group.  I guess just because there's less messages overall at this point so I see those more.

So who left this note from the cag group?[attachment=36819:2DB1F8E4-19F7-462E-82EB-086E7CC9A442.jpeg]

Hey gang. Can someone tell me if it's possible to play through the game once and unlock all of the endings in one playthrough? I just started the second journey and unlocked one ending, but I'd rather not have to play 4-5 more times to get every ending in the game.

Hey gang. Can someone tell me if it's possible to play through the game once and unlock all of the endings in one playthrough? I just started the second journey and unlocked one ending, but I'd rather not have to play 4-5 more times to get every ending in the game.
Yes, as long as you "unlock" the Ranni ending choice, beat the final boss, then immediately stop and back-up your save via PS+ cloud or USB. Then you can choose an ending and download your backup save to be able to choose another.

Io can you share the location where you found all those chests together?
Aw, man, I don’t remember. Will try to look it up later. It was a cave I think though.

So I’m actually running out of things to do. Beat the bosses and cleared out Haligtree, went back and cleared a few dungeons and overworkd bosses. I just have a few more of the tougher ones of those left. After that it’s the endgame runup. Im not sure where the other 7 rememberances I don’t have yet are gonna come from.

Edit: forgot about Mohgwyn. Still gotta do that.

Jodou - what do you keep and what do you lose in NG+? I'm assuming you keep all weapons. But do you also keep all Talismans, spells, ashes? I assume you lose all the "key" items and maps (and open graces)?

Since on this play-through I'm doing just about everything, it is going to be hard for me to reset the world and have it be so incomplete. I may just save swap to get the 3 trophy endings, then jump into NG+ if I miss any legendaries, but then reset it back to the end of NG for any future DLC. I've missed out on a few NPC quests and thus some items from that (especially Selvius's stuff) but I'm not sure the trade-off of resetting my entire world is worth it for just that stuff. I suppose I could play through NG+ but always keep my PS+ save at the end of NG.
The only things you lose are sites of grace and any boss souls you attuned. You get to keep everything else with the reset. Also to note, even though you can unlock endings they're not mandatory and you still have the option to choose which for some of them (the two witch quests for example). I'm not sure if any of the quests override this option but wasn't my experience the first time and I think I had 3 different ways I could have gone.

Deep Root Depths also has the Death Prince staff or something like that down there which is the best for INT/FAI endgame builds in case it was missed. It's what people still maining Night & Flame use at 150 if you're still rocking that. Buffs death magic as well, which needs it heh.

Can someone please help me get to lake of rot from nokstella dragonkin soldier grace? I don’t know if I’m missing something obvious or what but it was driving me nuts last night. Basically explain like im five haha

Can someone please help me get to lake of rot from nokstella dragonkin soldier grace? I don’t know if I’m missing something obvious or what but it was driving me nuts last night. Basically explain like im five haha
Not sure. I felt like I was teleported there. OK, according to a wiki I just looked up you get there from Ainsel River Main via a lift.

Speaking of Lake of Rot, I kind of want to beat the optional boss out in the rot just for the sake of it. I don't feel the need to beat the Ulcerated Tree Spirit there because apparently I maxed out my flasks with seeds to spare so I don't need more. They were way generous with items in this game compared to their others. I'm not even in Farum yet and I have 7 max normal smithing stones and 6 max somber ones. I expected there to be just one each per play-through ;).

But I think I will go back there and fight the boss out in the lake. It is a Dragonkin Soldier and it drops a Dragonscale Blade. Plus it seems I missed a lot of other items out there including a cookbook.

The only things you lose are sites of grace and any boss souls you attuned. You get to keep everything else with the reset. Also to note, even though you can unlock endings they're not mandatory and you still have the option to choose which for some of them (the two witch quests for example). I'm not sure if any of the quests override this option but wasn't my experience the first time and I think I had 3 different ways I could have gone.

Deep Root Depths also has the Death Prince staff or something like that down there which is the best for INT/FAI endgame builds in case it was missed. It's what people still maining Night & Flame use at 150 if you're still rocking that. Buffs death magic as well, which needs it heh.
OK, I'm also a little confused about endings. I don't want to get too into it here, but it seems like you'd have to make a choice very early in the endgame chain if you want to not
have Melina burn

Anyway, my son just got to Farum and I'm about to get there myself. Jodou, did you say you could keep playing in NG even after choosing an ending? No biggie if not, I can just revert my save then anyway.

Also, I probably have that staff, but I'll check for sure tonight. I explored Deeproot Depths pretty thoroughly a while ago. What I was talking about earlier was the hidden back door path from the Subterraneun Shunning Grounds to Deeproot Depths. There are few items there but nothing critical it seems. It seems like a completely random connection they made there but I suppose if someone missed the Deeproot Depths the first time around this would give them another chance to find it.

Anyway, my son just got to Farum and I'm about to get there myself. Jodou, did you say you could keep playing in NG even after choosing an ending? No biggie if not, I can just revert my save then anyway.
After picking an ending and activating the credits, you're asked if you want to start a NG+ right away or not. If you say "No", you're placed back at Roundtable Hold and you can manually trigger the move to NG+ at the table there after finishing up everything you need to in NG.

OK, I'm also a little confused about endings. I don't want to get too into it here, but it seems like you'd have to make a choice very early in the endgame chain if you want to not
have Melina burn

Also, I probably have that staff, but I'll check for sure tonight. I explored Deeproot Depths pretty thoroughly a while ago. What I was talking about earlier was the hidden back door path from the Subterraneun Shunning Grounds to Deeproot Depths. There are few items there but nothing critical it seems. It seems like a completely random connection they made there but I suppose if someone missed the Deeproot Depths the first time around this would give them another chance to find it.
I haven't looked that much into the endings because I just didn't have the patience to trophy hunt this one, if that's even one of them. I do know that Ranni and Fia have endings because they were options, no clue about more than that. And yes, forgot to mention you can stay in NG after beating the game. I did that and explored a TON of places I had missed, which is kinda worth it since it puts those markers on your map for NG+.

After picking an ending and activating the credits, you're asked if you want to start a NG+ right away or not. If you say "No", you're placed back at Roundtable Hold and you can manually trigger the move to NG+ at the table there after finishing up everything you need to in NG.
Thanks, that's great. I'm over 200 hours and I just can't get myself to do the ending quite yet. I spent a few hours last night going back and getting any cookbooks and tears that I missed. It was a good thing to mess around with because the servers were down late last night so I was offline anyway. It turns out I had missed several of each! In the process I discovered a few more mini-bosses that I didn't know about. There is one nighttime spawn in the forest with all the death-spewing creatures in Atlus. It dropped some tears that I don't even think were in the Wiki I was reading.

Then there's a dual Night Cavalry mini-boss by one of the carriages in the Consecrated Snowfield. What's nice about them is that after beating both you get an ancient dragon smithing stone plus the full Night Cavalry armor set. Now that is some cool gear!

I think I've cleared every dungeon. I've got all the cookbooks except one that is in Farum. I've done all the paintings. I could probably hunt around for a few ashes of war and ash summons I've missed, but maybe I will save that for post-game cleanup.

I haven't looked that much into the endings because I just didn't have the patience to trophy hunt this one, if that's even one of them. I do know that Ranni and Fia have endings because they were options, no clue about more than that. And yes, forgot to mention you can stay in NG after beating the game. I did that and explored a TON of places I had missed, which is kinda worth it since it puts those markers on your map for NG+.
Oooh, I'm glad the map markers stay. I was worried it would clear the map. Still, I don't like having all the dungeon bosses "un"-beaten by NG+ ;).

Does this also mean you can go to a shrine and duplicate the end boss rememberance after finishing?

One question about Farum. Can you ever teleport out to other places once you are in there? My son is in it and is 4 sites of grace in and still can't leave. He wants to level up a different summons and he can't currently do that (or power up any weapons). I thought I read somewhere that eventually you can get out of there (before the final boss). My warning to anyone who hasn't gotten there is to make sure you are geared up well before going in, as you are stuck in there at least for a bit.

Oh, and *finally* my Nepheli quest shook loose after her sitting in the Roundtable basement and moping for the last 100+ game hours. I don't know what triggered it, but it seems when I beat the bosses in Haligtree/Elphael it freed her up. Ofnir finally thanked me for looking after her and she and a couple others moved into Godrick's throne room. There she gives you an ancient dragon smithing stone and also the other guy there sells you the other top tier smithing stone. That's one of the many sources of them (more were in Elphael and some are in Farum too).

I finished up all these quests so far: Nepheli, Ranni, Fia, Dung Eater, Hyetta (she's waiting by the Frenzied Flame ending door), Millicent (and Gowry), Thops (had no idea there would be a second Raya Lucaria key he wanted - had to look it up to find that out), Sellen/Jerren, Gurranq, D and his brother, Jar Bairn, and I'm still working on Goldmask/Brother Coryhn. I need to go to the later (changed) Leyendell area to finish that, apparently. The only one I missed out on was Selvius, since he dies so quickly during Ranni's stuff. You really have to progress far with him way earlier than I would think is normal (especially given that a dragon is sitting on top of one of the places you need to go and I put that off till too late).

I still need to go around and knock down all the shrines and duplicate some more rememberances. But somehow I'm still 5 short and I'm only counting 2 (maybe 3) more bosses till the end. Not sure what I'm missing.

A few days ago I spent about an hour farming for this in the Haligtree branches. It drops from the bigger envoy enemies (the things that look like snowmen). Unfortunately its special attack is not nearly as great as when the enemies use it.[attachment=36821:B3798C64-058F-4AEF-B943-17815E331253.jpeg]

Would be cool if I was any good at PvP to be able to take this in and beat people with it though ;).

When the envoys use it against you they shoot a cluster of rapidly moving bubbles that can nearly one shot you.  When you use it, it *slowly* blows a single bubble that *slowly* floats over to the enemy and then does barely any damage.  Of course I had not strengthened it at all, so maybe it's better when powered up.

Lol, Last night I did go back and beat all the Death Birds that spawn in various places.  I had forgotten about those - they are like the Night Cavalry.  A few of those were tough even at level 150.  Then I went ahead and beat the Fire Giant, which was a breeze.  Will probably finally move on to Farum tonight or tomorrow.

Beat
Godskin Duo
last night in Farum.  I'm seeing a lot of CAG group bloodstains and notes now, so someone here is playing in the same area!

My son had heard that boss was one of the hardest but I found it to be one of the easiest.  Beat it first try without even using a rune arc.  After 1.0.3 they added Bernahl as an NPC summons.  So between him and Mimic Tear and my own damage I got through it pretty effortlessly.  Did some coop afterwards and the hosts kept doing stupid things during that fight and getting killed.  I think one guy thought once you killed one of the pair, it was gone forever.  Oops.  Also just did a lot of coop running around Farum and dealing with the occasional invader.

I expected once I teleported away from Farum that the capitol would be gone. It was not. I can still go there and do all the normal stuff.  I was actually disappointed because I wanted to get the talisman that's only there once it changes.  I guess maybe you have to complete Farum first?

And for whatever reason I was able to teleport out of Farum almost immediately while my son who's several sites of grace into it, cannot.  That's weird.

Beat
Godskin Duo
last night in Farum. I'm seeing a lot of CAG group bloodstains and notes now, so someone here is playing in the same area!

My son had heard that boss was one of the hardest but I found it to be one of the easiest. Beat it first try without even using a rune arc. After 1.0.3 they added Bernahl as an NPC summons. So between him and Mimic Tear and my own damage I got through it pretty effortlessly. Did some coop afterwards and the hosts kept doing stupid things during that fight and getting killed. I think one guy thought once you killed one of the pair, it was gone forever. Oops. Also just did a lot of coop running around Farum and dealing with the occasional invader.

I expected once I teleported away from Farum that the capitol would be gone. It was not. I can still go there and do all the normal stuff. I was actually disappointed because I wanted to get the talisman that's only there once it changes. I guess maybe you have to complete Farum first?

And for whatever reason I was able to teleport out of Farum almost immediately while my son who's several sites of grace into it, cannot. That's weird.
Correct, killing the boss at the end of Farum triggers the capitol change.

Proceeded further into Farum.  Man, that last optional boss is really out of the way and easy to miss.  Don't think I would have found it on my own, though there was a CAG group message with someone pointing backwards from that last site of grace (at the bridge) saying to go back and encounter a dragon.  So that might have helped me, though it was really hard to see where to drop down to get there.

Then, I took a break for more fashion souls ;).  I looked at a list of armor that was ranked (S-tier, A-tier, etc) and realized I didn't have a few of the top-ranked ones.  Went to farm those - the ones that randomly dropped from enemies like Blue Silver and the Fire Prelate sets.

I am locked out of Hyetta's quest :(. I need a Fingerprint Grape and that is supposedly gotten from an invader called Vyke. Since I cleared all the bosses in Liurnia before I reached this church he never invaded. Randomly remembered Hyetta yesterday and went googling on how to proceed and I realize I am out of luck. Do I miss out on anything special by not completing this quest?

Finished Ranni's quest and working on Fia's next. After that thinking on going to the Capital. Is Mt. Gelmir supposed to be before or after the capital? 

I am locked out of Hyetta's quest :(. I need a Fingerprint Grape and that is supposedly gotten from an invader called Vyke. Since I cleared all the bosses in Liurnia before I reached this church he never invaded. Randomly remembered Hyetta yesterday and went googling on how to proceed and I realize I am out of luck. Do I miss out on anything special by not completing this quest?

Finished Ranni's quest and working on Fia's next. After that thinking on going to the Capital. Is Mt. Gelmir supposed to be before or after the capital?
Interestingly enough, my son just encountered Vyke and got that grape and he's completely done with the game. Even picked an ending. I'm pretty sure it was after he picked the ending anyway. If not, he was at least done with Farum and very close to the end.

Hyetta did not give me the frenzied flame seal though. Also, I realized I didn't have the Dragon seal that you can get in that tomb you unlock with 2 keys right in the starting area. Somehow I never went all the way up and beat the guy up there. I think I ran past him and got an item from there but didn't realize he dropped something. We saw it mentioned in a video about the best weapons, though it pales in comparison to my Golden Order Seal, which I never see listed in these rankings. Yet for me it has by far the best incantation scaling.

Now that we both beat the game (I did all 6 endings just for kicks - they really aren't all that different anyway, at least 4 of them), we went to watch those speed runners. And man is that disappointing. I'm talking about the 15 minutes one (that is apparently now down to 8). They don't talk about what they are doing (what's the point of an effing stream if they don't!?) and all it is is a bunch of force quitting and mega zips that require a specific frame rate on PC. I was super disappointed in that. I want to see a speedrun on console I guess where they aren't relying on system crap to cause glitches. I don't see the appeal in what they are doing *at all*. At least in the 15 minute run he had to beat one boss and showed at least some skill there. But I think in the newer ones they can skip all of them.

Some screenshots from the endings. The first one is what you see when you touch the statue and have all 3 optional runes in your possession. These are the 4 similar endings.  Also note the two CAG clan bloodstains in the background:

[attachment=36834:2329EF89-058C-4B06-824E-CAAA7255BEA6.jpeg]

And then some other random ending screenshots:

Frenzied Flame:
[attachment=36835:E6E9C6E5-6C26-4813-B048-0225871FBE3E.jpeg]

Goldmask's ending:
[attachment=36836:75A92580-E356-4177-BEA3-3EACF3E855C4.jpeg]

Dung Eater's ending:
[attachment=36837:CA9A4FD4-3E91-43B0-877A-309ED3A6BFA3.jpeg]

Fia's ending:
[attachment=36838:8448F5FA-8467-4A3F-8D71-E8343CFD81EC.jpeg]

Interestingly enough, my son just encountered Vyke and got that grape and he's completely done with the game. Even picked an ending. I'm pretty sure it was after he picked the ending anyway. If not, he was at least done with Farum and very close to the end.

Hyetta did not give me the frenzied flame seal though. Also, I realized I didn't have the Dragon seal that you can get in that tomb you unlock with 2 keys right in the starting area. Somehow I never went all the way up and beat the guy up there. I think I ran past him and got an item from there but didn't realize he dropped something. We saw it mentioned in a video about the best weapons, though it pales in comparison to my Golden Order Seal, which I never see listed in these rankings. Yet for me it has by far the best incantation scaling.

Now that we both beat the game (I did all 6 endings just for kicks - they really aren't all that different anyway, at least 4 of them), we went to watch those speed runners. And man is that disappointing. I'm talking about the 15 minutes one (that is apparently now down to 8). They don't talk about what they are doing (what's the point of an effing stream if they don't!?) and all it is is a bunch of force quitting and mega zips that require a specific frame rate on PC. I was super disappointed in that. I want to see a speedrun on console I guess where they aren't relying on system crap to cause glitches. I don't see the appeal in what they are doing *at all*. At least in the 15 minute run he had to beat one boss and showed at least some skill there. But I think in the newer ones they can skip all of them.
I totally don't see the point of those speed runs. They literally don't play anything and just zip around the world and say done. Crazy that someone found all these bugs but still what is the point?

I totally don't see the point of those speed runs. They literally don't play anything and just zip around the world and say done. Crazy that someone found all these bugs but still what is the point?
Yeah especially since it is PC-only and requires 60 FPS and then some combination of guarding and walking and letting go of the guard on the exact right frame. There was some discussion of system things they do to their PCs to facilitate it. I don't want to hear about that. They even use metronomes to count the frames. I suppose if I looked there is probably an Xbox or PS5 speed run out there. Maybe we'll watch that later. I'm more interested in the in-game things you can do to speed run - which items to get/places to go, and in what order and what can actually be skipped without glitches. Plus them beating bosses while being under-leveled to get through it quickly.

Sounds like y'all are just not into Any% speedruns. Usually there are a variety of categories. For Elden Ring, All Rememberances runs fight plenty of bosses, so maybe check that out.

bread's done
Back