Election Day 2012: I Voted for Kodos

[quote name='4thHorseman']CBS is projecting Obama to be re-elected[/QUOTE]

CNN just gave him Ohio and the election as well.

You are largely correct though. We've got years of nothing but anti-abortion and ACA defunding legislation headed down the pipeline.

Tick tock, southern strategy, tick tock.

So Wyoming, Montana, Alabama looks to have pass a ballot measure to limit ObamaCare in the State. Florida looks to have rejected that measure while also rejecting a measure banning public funds for abortions.

THEY ARE CALLING IT! OBAMA WINS!!!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Thats the point! Its genius! Taxes up automatically on Jan 1 if Congress does nothing. What are the odds of them doing nothing, hHAHAHAHAHA[/QUOTE]
Hope you like not having a job. It's going off the cliff too :)

[quote name='renique46']Romney spotted in the caymans[/QUOTE]
Hahaha...he's in Boston right now writing his concession speech.:rofl:

[quote name='Spokker']Hope you like not having a job. It's going off the cliff too :)[/QUOTE]

Now is not the time to be like that.

[quote name='Indignate']I'm so excited that I now get another 4 years to assassinate a black president.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']Now is not the time to be like that.[/QUOTE]

At least Tony from Amazon is going to make games affordable for us. Hopefully he convinces Amazon to take WIC.

Strangely, I'm actually gonna have to get a job just for health insurance because I'm getting crushed by medical bills and ACA wont kick in until Jan 1, 2014 and I just cant last that long. If Romney had been elected and done away with ACA, I could just move to Vermont since they would begin single payer implementation immediately.

In the short term, this result is actually much worse for me! But thats ok, comrade.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Now is not the time to be like that.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. It has nothing to do with the timing, but the context, or lack thereof. If those "job creators" haven't "created" those jobs already, they're not going to do it anyways regardless of who's in the white house.

Point is that he has no idea about what he's talking about.

I'm not talking only about automatic tax hikes, but automatic spending cuts as well. Come on, I thought you guys were Keynesians. Am I going to have to bust out the textbooks this time? Quite frankly, going over the fiscal cliff will deal a dramatic blow to the economy, and the sooner this election shit is over the sooner they can work out their eventual crappy but good enough compromise.

I know everybody around here loves Obama (well, at least most people in these threads) but how long before the same people who voted for him are crying "why isn't anything getting better?" "It is taking too long." "I thought he was going to do something significant, but he's not."

Why don't I see the image of Obama being the greatest savior of the US ever like his voters seem to? :rofl: I don't expect to be hearing complaints from these people who made Obama a TWO TERM President. They should be flying their altered American flags with Obama's logo on it with pride for the next four years.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I know everybody around here loves Obama (well, at least most people in these threads) but how long before the same people who voted for him are crying "why isn't anything getting better?" "It is taking too long." "I thought he was going to do something significant, but he's not."

Why don't I see the image of Obama being the greatest savior of the US ever like his voters seem to? :rofl: I don't expect to be hearing complaints from these people who made Obama a TWO TERM President. They should be flying their altered American flags with Obama's logo on it with pride for the next four years.[/QUOTE]
God damn you're a moron. The guys in the OTT aren't doing their fucking jobs, or you'd already be gone.

images

Repubs dont want to work with him and for the most parts he's not like bush who pushed shit thru even when it was voted against speaking of bush where was everybody when he set the country back 16 years the 8 years he was in office I heard no complaints then when he was fucking shit up

[quote name='Rockinjs']Repubs dont want to work with him and for the most parts he's not like bush who pushed shit thru even when it was voted against speaking of bush where was everybody when he set the country back 16 years the 8 years he was in office I heard no complaints then when he was fucking shit up[/QUOTE]

Everybody complained all the time back then. Republicans don't even mention him anymore. Romney spent five minutes explaining why he wasn't like Bush. And yet we just reelected Bush III. Romney would have been Bush IV.

[quote name='Clak']God damn you're a moron. The guys in the OTT aren't doing their fucking jobs, or you'd already be gone.[/QUOTE]

And obviously you jerk to the image of Obama every night before you go to bed. Come on man, we've been through this before already. You are hanging off Obama's balls any chance you get and I am not, hence your distain for me.

One thing I am interested to see if your foolish mind will agree with is the poor, poor electoral vote system. How in the hell can Romney be leading by a million votes (and he's likely to keep a lead in the popular vote) but he "loses" the election because of the odd value of certain states.

Popular votes are the classic, tried and true way to determine a winner in an election setting. I don't know where or why this "this state is worth nothing, but THIS state is worth so much more" system came from.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']
Popular votes are the classic, tried and true way to determine a winner in an election setting. I don't know where or why this "this state is worth nothing, but THIS state is worth so much more" system came from.[/QUOTE]

When they are through with counting up California, Obama will probably win the popular vote as well.

[quote name='Spokker']Everybody complained all the time back then. Republicans don't even mention him anymore. Romney spent five minutes explaining why he wasn't like Bush. And yet we just reelected Bush III. Romney would have been Bush IV.[/QUOTE]

It is idiotic to say that Romney and Obama were going to be equally destructive to the country. Whether or not you like Romney or Obama, you can't be sitting here and saying that no matter who won, things were going to get worse? That is just stupid...I'm sorry, but it is just plain stupid to say something like that.

WTF. Donald Trump is having a shit fit.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

6m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
More votes equals a loss...revolution!

7m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

8m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

9m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!

17m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

19m Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Well, back to the drawing board!

7h Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
"Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light." --George Washington

7h Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Whoever wins today, remember that tomorrow we still have a country struggling. Our work is not done until America is strong again.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']It is idiotic to say that Romney and Obama were going to be equally destructive to the country. Whether or not you like Romney or Obama, you can't be sitting here and saying that no matter who won, things were going to get worse? That is just stupid...I'm sorry, but it is just plain stupid to say something like that.[/QUOTE]

Every four years represents another reminder that the two-party system itself is a destructive force. Even Lawrence O'Donnell can tell you that.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']And obviously you jerk to the image of Obama every night before you go to bed. Come on man, we've been through this before already. You are hanging off Obama's balls any chance you get and I am not, hence your distain for me.

One thing I am interested to see if your foolish mind will agree with is the poor, poor electoral vote system. How in the hell can Romney be leading by a million votes (and he's likely to keep a lead in the popular vote) but he "loses" the election because of the odd value of certain states.

Popular votes are the classic, tried and true way to determine a winner in an election setting. I don't know where or why this "this state is worth nothing, but THIS state is worth so much more" system came from.[/QUOTE]
The same reason there's a House of Representatives AND a Senate. I'll let you figure out the rest from there.

[quote name='Spokker']When they are through with counting up California, Obama will probably win the popular vote as well.[/QUOTE]

It matters not my good man, it matter not. Whether or not Obama actually wins the popular vote, the point is: why isn't the popular vote the way we determine Presidents?

There is no better way to tell who the American people want to win an election then matching one vote from Bob against one vote from Bill and seeing who wins at the end of the night.

Oh you live in Maine? You're worthless. But if you lived in Florida or Ohio (O, freakin', hio) you are much, much more valuable? WTH is that?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Good Lord this election system is ridiculous. Romney could very well win the popular vote and he seems to be winning more states overall but he loses because of a couple of "key" states.

Stupid system that makes no sense. Since when does somebody who gets the majority of votes from the country lose in an election. If you didn't understand this ridiculous system you would be like "WTF???"[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Ah yes, a bunch of Republicans are about to start pretending they havent been for the Electoral College.

I'll trade you Obama for Gore if you've got a time machine though. Thats an easy trade.

[quote name='IRHari']The word is schadenfreude, right?

BTW, tomorrow morning I think a mittload of people will be taking Nate Silver just a bit more seriously, right?[/QUOTE]
I think you mean schadenfreude-GASM.

Nothing real to post, Clak? Why isn't your avatar a picture of Obama? I mean come on, you can support whoever the hell you want but don't try to justify everything your lover does and try to put everybody else down who doesn't stand next to you and Obama.

NBC called it first I think, closely followed by CNN.

They called WA like 7 minutes after our polls closed. NBC Guys : "Come on, we know how every state on the west coast is going, turn em all blue."

I don't think whether or not it is called by Fox really makes a difference. Wasn't it CBS who already called it? They are a bit more respected than Fox is.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']It matters not my good man, it matter not. Whether or not Obama actually wins the popular vote, the point is: why isn't the popular vote the way we determine Presidents?
[/QUOTE]

It only mattered four times so it's not much to worry about.

You don't see what I'm saying? I don't care if Republicans or Democrats love the system when it goes their way, the point is that it shouldn't be in place. I understand WHY value is assigned to certain states but it should be a system in place where nothing but raw 1-to-1 votes count.

I'm down with popular vote, as are a large number of left leaning Americans. States would be forced to race to the top to make it EASIER to vote rather than harder. Thats why it matters even if the result at the top of the ticket is the same almost every time. It would radically change the outcome of downticket races.

And I'm sure that back in 2000 this pissed you off just as much, right?

Take this bullshit and peddle it elsewhere.

So it is starting to look like Indiana and North Carolina will be the only states to flip this election from the last one.

bread's done
Back