Election Day 2012: I Voted for Kodos

A little fun...

picture.php

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd support a guest worker program if the Federal Government showed me they were going to enforce the Immigration Laws that they already have. But no one's given me an indication that it'd happen.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...I totally believe you.
No, I don't.

[quote name='dafoomie']Bush wanted a guest worker program including current illegals and to expand H-2A visas. He ran on guns, gays, and god in those white areas.[/QUOTE]
And Bush's immigration reform was soundly blocked by the GOP in the Senate who killed the bill.

Guys, spoiler text used to show up in red to me but now it's the same colour as regular text what the fuck help.

Also, I have no idea who this is, but this is glorious:

03Stx.png

[quote name='Syntax Error']And Bush's immigration reform was soundly blocked by the GOP in the Senate who killed the bill.[/QUOTE]
And? The point is that Bush got elected without his immigration position being an obstacle for his conservative base.

I'm not lying. I recognize that we can't simply deport all illegal immigrants in this country. Some may think it's possible, but it's a pipe dream, and I've known this for some time. But we have to enforce the laws, period.

He got a bit fired up at the end there...I like it. Too bad I am going to be disappointed listening to everyone else in politics tomorrow.

Bush didn't really run soundly on his immigration plan. He didn't really try to press his plan into legislation until deep into his second term (2007).

But if you need more "And?", those guys in the GOP who blocked the bill were also voted in. And were voted in, in part, for their anti-immigration stances.

Take a look at our most recent GOP primary where Romney rushed to put himself to the right of every other candidate on immigration. Ya think he did that for some reason other than "This is what I need to do to attract Republican primary voters"?

No, but his immigration position was friendly enough to garner 40% of the Latino vote. You can reach out to socially conservative, religious Hispanics without alienating white conservatives. It's not the roadblock for them that it is for Hispanics.

He absolutely would not have as he was already viewed as not conservative enough. That's why the next Republican candidate won't be a moderate like the last two. The Mormon thing was another obstacle he had to overcome.

The reason Romney lost is cause he went into a prevent defense after the first debate and that NEVER works. He should have kept hitting Obama on Libya, force the mainstream media outlets who love Obama to talk about that. It is a huge cover up and he barely even mentioned it after the first debate.

Even with Romney being a moderate conservative he was really close to beating a incumbent president but he tried coasting to the finish instead of busting his tail there and that was the difference.

Also anyone know whats up with Puerto Rico? are they joining the union as the 51st state?

[quote name='dizee']Also anyone know whats up with Puerto Rico? are they joining the union as the 51st state?[/QUOTE]
I'd assume that there's a lot more to the process than that, but I too am curious about Puerto Rico.

People who are American, please help me.

There were two separate measures to vote on in PR. First was whether or not to change status with the US. Second was if yes, what to change that status to, with 3 choices. Statehood, free association, and independence. I believe change status was winning and statehood was winning but the pro statehood Governor was losing, and since the ballot measures are non binding, I don't think anything will change as a result.

It'd go to Congress. Congress will vote yes/no on it.

It's not going to happen. It's the first time the measure passed, even though they voted on it a lot before. Plus, it's a split Congress, so one side or the other is going to choose no.

[quote name='dafoomie']Hard right on social issues. Middle on immigration. Bring conservative Hispanics (of which there are many) into the party. Broaden the conservative base. Limited government and fiscal conservatism will take a back seat to right wing religious pandering as it did in the Bush years. They will never win as the party of white America but there is ample opportunity for them to win as the party of social conservatism. That is the lesson they will take from this.[/QUOTE]

You're repeating vague philosophies, and filling in some kind of "magic unicorn sprinkles" for how this will work.

"Broaden the conservative base" implies they will move further away from the center and yet still grow. That's not possible, because it's an inconsistent stance. What mechanisms will they use to broaden the base?

Hard right on social issues? (1) they're there already, and (2) they're devouring those very candidates right now, blaming Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock et al. for Romney's loss. Nobody (yet) has gone into the "Romney was too moderate, we need a True Conservative™ to run next time" framework. I suspect it will happen.

I know you *wish* for the party to become more diverse, but that is simply near impossible to happen without doing the opposite of what you suggest (they should become more centrist on social issues, and I mean far more than immigration).

[quote name='mykevermin']You're repeating vague philosophies, and filling in some kind of "magic unicorn sprinkles" for how this will work.

"Broaden the conservative base" implies they will move further away from the center and yet still grow. That's not possible, because it's an inconsistent stance. What mechanisms will they use to broaden the base?

Hard right on social issues? (1) they're there already, and (2) they're devouring those very candidates right now, blaming Todd Akin, Richard Mourdock et al. for Romney's loss. Nobody (yet) has gone into the "Romney was too moderate, we need a True Conservative™ to run next time" framework. I suspect it will happen.

I know you *wish* for the party to become more diverse, but that is simply near impossible to happen without doing the opposite of what you suggest (they should become more centrist on social issues, and I mean far more than immigration).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. These planks are so far right how can they possibly go further right???? "no new taxes ever"
"Cut taxes" (then never re-raise them)
"Cut all federal spending except the military"
"Increase military spending"
"Eliminate Obama care"
"Outsource social security to mutual funds"
"Get those illegal immigrants and never give a chance to be legal"
"No abortions ever even in rape"
"Eliminate the department of education and no more federal student loans"
There are more but I won't bother with them. How can they go further right?

love one of the first questions ask to obama after winning

with everything staying the same will you reach across the isle to get stuff done he mostly said they know im going to be here for the next 4 years so THEY have to reach across the isle to get anything done

all hail your new dictator obama

love how he goes the people in NY and NJ will not be forgotten

they still have no food no water no gas and there is not a single thing on the news about it...

[quote name='slidecage']love one of the first questions ask to obama after winning

with everything staying the same will you reach across the isle to get stuff done he mostly said they know im going to be here for the next 4 years so THEY have to reach across the isle to get anything done

all hail your new dictator obama

love how he goes the people in NY and NJ will not be forgotten

they still have no food no water no gas and there is not a single thing on the news about it...[/QUOTE]
Go sulk with Trump you hack. You lost, get over it.

fucking whiners....

My brother in law seemed generally depressed this morning. Welcome to that bubble bursting and reality being let in.

Looks like it will be more than the 2 million I predicted Obama would win by in the popular vote. He is up by 2.6 million right now. 59.6 to 57 million. The thing I don't get is how did he get that many votes if only 45 million are on food stamps? Must boggle the conservative mind.

[quote name='Clak']Go sulk with Trump you hack. You lost, get over it.

fucking whiners....[/QUOTE]

i saw a really funny picture of trump on yahoo today but now cant find it ....

love to posted that ....

Still though the point is

HE SAID NY and NJ will not be forgotten yet they are when was the last time you saw them on the news ...

and at least we dont RIOT when our person loses

Big challenge for republicans is the changing electorate.

Just read an article on the Washington Post site that showed that voter turnout this year showed increases favorable to Dems.

Overall voter turnout: Dems 38%, Repubs 32%.
72% white (down from 74% in 2008)
10% Latino (up from 9%)
54% female (up from 53%)
19% young (up from 18%--assume this is the 18-29 block, doesn't say)
41% lower income (up from 38% making under $50k)

In short the demographics are shifting and/or democrats are doing a better job of getting their voters out.

Another trend it doesn't note is increasing urbanization. Population growth is slowing (and even declining in some places) in rural states and counties and increasing continually in urban and suburban areas that lean left strongly.

So we should see more Dem presidents than Republicans over coming decades, and Dems should keep control of the Senate. House is a different story since rural districts get their own reps etc., so split power could be the norm for a long while.

[quote name='slidecage']i saw a really funny picture of trump on yahoo today but now cant find it ....

love to posted that ....

Still though the point is

HE SAID NY and NJ will not be forgotten yet they are when was the last time you saw them on the news ...[/quote]
Like all through the election coverage talking about all the measures they took to make sure those residents were able to vote? Maybe you should stop reading freep, Drudge, or whatever wacko right wingnut media you consume.

and at least we dont RIOT when our person loses
Uhhh...there were riots when a conservative presidential candidate won? But hey, I bet you're going to turn up the dial on racism for the next few years though. And it's not like Obama already has the Secret Service working overtime from all the death threats he's been getting.:roll:

Oh, and you're still a stupid shithead.

[quote name='The Crotch']Also, I have no idea who this is, but this is glorious:

03Stx.png
[/QUOTE]

*sigh* I'm so old. Victoria Jackson was on SNL back in the late 80s/early-90s with Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Kevin Nealon and all those guys. She was kind of a one-trick pony playing a ditz in just about every sketch and I can't recall any memorable recurring characters. Apparently she's found Jesus and he's been feeding her cheeseburgers since 1994.

[quote name='dohdough']Like all through the election coverage talking about all the measures they took to make sure those residents were able to vote? Maybe you should stop reading freep, Drudge, or whatever wacko right wingnut media you consume.

Uhhh...there were riots when a conservative presidential candidate won? But hey, I bet you're going to turn up the dial on racism for the next few years though. And it's not like Obama already has the Secret Service working overtime from all the death threats he's been getting.:roll:

Oh, and you're still a stupid shithead.[/QUOTE]

thats right people OBAMA did it all by himself to make sure the people in NY and NJ was allowed to vote...

sadly the zombie vote does not count cause they all starved to death or froze to death due to lack of food or power BUT at least they could VOTE

why would people make death threats to the person i mean come on i know people can get pissed off but there is no reason for that .

and like i really care what you think about me

[quote name='Strell']I think Victoria Jackson might be slidecage.[/QUOTE]

This would be the greatest thing ever.

EVER.

[quote name='slidecage']thats right people OBAMA did it all by himself to make sure the people in NY and NJ was allowed to vote...

sadly the zombie vote does not count cause they all starved to death or froze to death due to lack of food or power BUT at least they could VOTE[/quote]
You talked about news coverage and were wrong, just accept it.

why would people make death threats to the person i mean come on i know people can get pissed off but there is no reason for that .
Ask your fellow wingnuts.

and like i really care what you think about me
LOLZ

Well good news for the "Christians" out there...they can go back to calling Mormons a cult. Yeah they at least get that back.

[quote name='Clak']Go sulk with Trump you hack. You lost, get over it.

fucking whiners....[/QUOTE]

calling slidecage a hack is insulting to hacks.

They at least put thought into what they're trying to write, even if they're not good at it.

I wonder if there's some conservative radio station that he only hears in his head. "gas jumped 35 cents on obama victory..."

[quote name='EdRyder']Good times , Good times

trumprevolution1-20121106.jpg

121107-nugent-tweet-new.photoblog600.jpg

121107-baldwin-tweet.photoblog600.jpg

121107-victoria-jackson-tweets.photoblog600.jpg

Go evil[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is batshit crazy. This feeds my disdain for theism. Anyway, let's hear it for Obomney!!!!!!! Four more years of US economic and military imperialism!

bread's done
Back