Elementary my dear wOTTson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MusicNoteLess']What is this I don't even :whistle2:|
[/QUOTE]

Yep, and directed by Spielberg. Thank god it's dead.

[quote name='Mojimbo']There's a glitch at TRU B&M where Battlefield + Mass Effect 2/LFD2/Dante's Inferno/Army of Two 2 come out to $60 total. I wish I had known that before I got home.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing that, but I'm not sure about BC2 and I have all the other games.

[quote name='JolietJake']Looks like Apple is suing HTC over supposedly stolen technology in the Nexus One.[/QUOTE]

It seems to be more an attack on Android than HTC. Engadget has a writeup of the patents involved.

[quote name='darthbudge']I got called back for a one-on-one interview for the RA job tomorrow! From what I have heard, that basically means I have the job and I am just gonna be filling out the final paperwork. I am so happy.[/QUOTE]

Good Luck!

:bouncy:

[quote name='darthbudge']Goddamnit Munch![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warning Budge!

my legs feel like jello. i already had some 16 bean/veg soup and a wheat roll. should i go for more carbs to make up for the low blood sugar or more protein to help the destroyed muscles in my legs? both does not seem to be an option at this point.

I was wondering if one of you glorious OTTers could help me. My dad's computer is borked big time. Just doing the simplest thing takes forever but I'm not seeing anything weird via malwarebytes and adaware. Anyone have any ideas what I could to do help alleviate the situation?

Also, does anyone notice anything odd in these run time processes while the computer is idle or does it all look kosher:

20az021.jpg

Computer Info:

HP Pavilion
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3400+
984MHz, 448MB of Ram

That is a lot of svchost.exe processes. I don't think there should be that many of them...

EDIT: Also svchost.exe is a legit process, but the name is used by a lot of malware to hide their presence.

[quote name='darthbudge']That is a lot of svchost.exe processes. I don't think there should be that many of them...

EDIT: Also svchost.exe is a legit process, but the name is used by a lot of malware to hide their presence.[/QUOTE]

i think anything with an internet connection generates an svchost process.

i have 8 of them currently running here.

Chili is in the slowcooker and the apartment smells pretty awesome right now.

I wish OnTrac would deliver my shit already.

The only time tech companies go offensive on patents is when they realize they aren't going to be able to keep up with the competition by the merit of their product.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The only time tech companies go offensive on patents is when they realize they aren't going to be able to keep up with the competition by the merit of their product.[/QUOTE]

:hot:

I'm thinking about trading in my 360 games and getting Heavy Rain or MW2 (PS3, to play with a friend).

When does GOWIII come out?

[quote name='zewone']I'm thinking about trading in my 360 games and getting Heavy Rain or MW2 (PS3, to play with a friend).

When does GOWIII come out?[/QUOTE]

3/16. 2 weeks.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The only time tech companies go offensive on patents is when they realize they aren't going to be able to keep up with the competition by the merit of their product.[/QUOTE]

The HTC Desire shits all over the iPhone, so you're probably right. :lol:

Yep.

If this lawsuit ends up fucking with my WiMAX Supersonic release, I'm gonna make Steve Jobs voodoo doll and microwave that sumbitch until his cancer comes back.

I've really been itching for a Droid. Amazon selling it for $50 is really hard to pass up.

I'd also like to try out a Nexus One. Wish I could get it on AT&T (without paying $500). Never going back to T-Mobile.

[quote name='zewone']I've really been itching for a Droid. Amazon selling it for $50 is really hard to pass up.

I'd also like to try out a Nexus One. Wish I could get it on AT&T (without paying $500). Never going back to T-Mobile.[/QUOTE]

You know the Nexus One is coming to Verizon soon, right?
_
Someone buy me Final Fantasy 13. Thanks in advance.
Love,
Taylor

[quote name='DarthPuma']You know the Nexus One is coming to Verizon soon, right?
_
Someone buy me Final Fantasy 13. Thanks in advance.
Love,
Taylor[/QUOTE]
Yeah. But, I'm not sure I want to jump ship and sign a 2 year contract.
[quote name='Liquid 2']Not interested in WebOS, zewone?[/QUOTE]

More interested in Android.

That it's an open platform that is on the rise. WebOS seems to be stagnant and having trouble getting off the ground.

[quote name='zewone']Windows Phone Series 7 is gorgeous too. I want to see that in action.[/QUOTE]
Haven't they already confirmed Windows 7 mobile to be Iphone gimped, where you can't run more than one app at once?

[quote name='zewone']That it's an open platform that is on the rise. WebOS seems to be stagnant and having trouble getting off the ground.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't call it stagnant--Palm's been great about updating WebOS, and the home brew community is incredibly vibrant due to Palm's choice to incorporate so much open source software in the underpinning of WebOS (patching my phone on the fly fuckin' rules)--but yeah, Palm's definitely having trouble moving units.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']WebOS is slick, but independent development is growing and larger on Android due to the sheer amount of phones being released.[/QUOTE]No disputing that.

[quote name='manthing']You know I

[quote name='crystalklear64']using the administrator account as your personal account makes me cry[/QUOTE]
As long as someone is paying you by the hour to fix it: I'm cool with it.

I don't know what the WebOS phones use for a marketplace, but Droid 2.1 (bonus: HTC Sense UI) is like an iPhone on crack -- the marketplace is growing steadily and beginning to rival the App Store.

I know the N1 and HTC Desire fix just about everything I'd want "fixed" on an iPhone... plus the N1 and HTC Desire have a form factor/size simliar to the iPhone, which I need now.

[quote name='Liquid 2']...

WebOS phones use WebOS.[/QUOTE]

My brain got distracted and I started on the second sentence/thought before I finished typing the first one.

I was saying I didn't know what the WebOS equivalent of the App Store or Droid Marketplace was.

They call it an App Catalog, but it's pretty much the same thing, just smaller, since it got off the ground later.

There's also a homebrew app called Preware (takes 5 min to install via PC/Mac/Linux) with it's own catalog of homebrew applications, patches that can drastically change the behavior of the OS or even specific applications (I have about 40 installed, and no matter how tiny, they all make my Pre that much better), themes, and more. Palm is aware of the existence of Preware, and actually encourage it (they invited the guys who manage it and WebOS Internals, the big homebrew developer site and resource to give a talk at a Palm event, for example), which I think is what really sets them apart from the other big smart phone companies.

I'm kind of glad that Lil' Wayne's going to pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Hoping he'll go back to relative obscurity afterwards.

Unfortunately, he shot 9 music videos in two days. :(

[quote name='darthbudge']I got called back for a one-on-one interview for the RA job tomorrow! From what I have heard, that basically means I have the job and I am just gonna be filling out the final paperwork. I am so happy.[/QUOTE]

If you want any tips let me know. I do interviewing for RA candidates here.

To be honest, I don't know shit about Android. I haven't even seen one in the wild (compared to several Pres, which is kinda weird), so I haven't even had the chance to play with it.

I didn't know that that Warner cockblocking of Netflix was already in effect. Where the Wild Things Are isn't available to rent until the 30th.

[quote name='Liquid 2']
Why do you expect them to not release a phone with better hardware? I understand you have problems with the existing hardware now, but I don't know why it's so extreme. I've definitely had a problem or two in the past, but it's not nearly bad enough to make me want to drop the Pre.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant to say I don't think Palm will release decent HW between now and when my iPhone contract ends in July.

I know they're rumored to be working on a WiMAX phone, but I have the feeling it's just gonna be the Pre form with a slightly bigger screen.

I'm hoping that Palm shows new HW/form factors in 3 weeks at the Vegas CTIA show.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm kind of glad that Lil' Wayne's going to pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Hoping he'll go back to relative obscurity afterwards.

Unfortunately, he shot 9 music videos in two days. :([/QUOTE]

That $$$$a will still be dropping mixtapes in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back