Employees Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Customer Stories - Part Cinco

So I work at a Panera Bread and I make the pizza's we have there. They're supposed to be "fancy" pizza's so they gave them a name which is "Crispani", pronounced "Crisp-aw-ni".

So, I make the crispani and take it to the woman who instantly takes a bite and says, "This is crisp," in a complaining kin of voice. I just looked at her and said "It's a CRISP-ani"

[quote name='Sigma']A while ago an older lady, probably in her late 30's early 40's, came into my Gamestop store and asked if we had a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the PS2. This is how the conversation went.

Me: Zelda isn't available on the PS2 and it never will be, it's a Nintendo owned franchise. If you have a Gamecube or a Wii you could get The Twilight Princess though.

Lady: I don't have those, do I look like I am made of money. My son knows everything about these games and he want's Zelda for the PS2, we saw it at Wal-Mart.

Me: Alright I'll tell you what, if you bring me a copy of Zelda for the PS2, I will give you a million dollars.

Lady: You don't have a million dollars!

Me: And you don't have Zelda for the PS2.

At that point the lady stormed out of my store pissed off claiming she would bring in a copy of Zelda on PS2.[/quote]Made me literally lol.

Alright, had a great one today. Ever have someone come in and you just KNOW it's going to be some stupid-ass complaint that makes no sense and can not be resolved because it's idiotic?

I had a lady complain to me that in her online queue, she placed 300 in a while back, but now that it's released, it has a very long wait. I almost just told her to shut up or something. I am SO tired of spewing out BS at people when they can't figure something out for themselves. I explained that 300 is the biggest release this summer and is very popular. Oh and she was exchanging her mailer for 300 right then, too. Almost asked WHY it mattered since she got one right when we opened.

Seriously, I think Total Access has some 3-4 million subscribers; even at 10% renting it that's 300-400,000. Hell at 1% it's 30-40,000.

Also, today was probably the biggest release Tuesday my store has ever seen. There were like 10 people outside when we opened and we had a steady line for about 1/2 hour. It's pretty busy for a small town store.

Hate to double post, but I've got a new one, and it's good!

We get movies returned with wrong items or no disc inside all the time; we call them Mismatches. When this happens, the movie is put into a seperate mismatch account and we put a hold on the renters account, and then call them to see if they will bring in the disc. This happens about 5 times a day.

So today I get Deja-Vu (Denzel Washington) and it's empty, so I MM the account and call the renter. The account holder was a women, but a dude answers and says she's not in, so I ask to leave a message. During all of this the guy has blaring loud music and can barely hear me until he gets the good sense to turn it off. The rest went something like this:
Me: "It looks like Deja-Vu was returned empty, so I was just notifying you and asking that you return the disc"
Guy: "What company is this?"
Me: "Blockbuster video"
Guy: "We never rented Deja-Vu, we watched it on pay-per-view"
Me: "Well, I see on the 27th you rented Deja-Vu, Shooter, like three other movies, you never rented those?"
Guy: "No, we watched those on pay-per-view"

At this point I was at a loss. The guy said he hadn't been in the store for like a month, but here about 5 movies were rented a week or so ago and all had been returned, but DV was missing the disc; what's more, this guy said he had watched these same movies on PPV, which to me seems quite the coincidence. I just told him I'd call back to speak with the account holder when she got home, which is the BEST part.

She called back and I unfortunately didn't speak with her, but my boss said she said her husband or whatever was wrong, they had rented them and would bring the disc in. She also said her husband said I told them they had movies out for months and that I was threatening legal action. I have no idea what that guy was on, but I can't imagine he can hold down a job. Or he's just an ass, which is more likely.

I was Gamestop today trading in a bunch of games I don't want to take with me when I move. While one of the cashiers was going through my stack of games, a customer came up to the other employee and asked, "Do you have Mario Strikers Charged for the PS2?" I had to give the guy a "What the hell?" look because he wasn't some random father in to buy a game for his son, but rather some kid around 18-20.

I worked for a month at the Virgin Megastore in Chicago when they were closing down earlier this summer. 2 intances:

1) The store was two different floors. The entrance floor held all Rock/Pop, and R&B. The top floor was Classical, World, Folk, and misc. The top floor also where our DVD counter was. To get upstairs you had to walk to the back of the store and use the escalator or elevator. Once upstairs, you were in the music section and to the right was a room about that took up about 1/3-1/2 of the floor. It is immpossible to enter the store in any way and get to DVD without walking through music. Well my coworker and I were working the dvd counter and as usual a customer came up to ask us where something was. She asked "Do you sell CDs?". I pointed over to the large room filled with CDs. She looked over and asked for Classical CDs and we pointed in the direction. Thus she went on here merry way. I'm sure she meant to ask for Classical CDs first but it was an extreme shock to both of us when she asked.

2) Very last day we were open. After more than a month of having signs taking up all window space, hanging from the ceiling, and hung in the middle of the entrance way, someone comes up to the register and asks "Are you closing?". This wasn't in the morning or afternoon either, this was at ~10:30p.m. Only an hour and half before the final close.

[quote name='phreak5k']2) Very last day we were open. After more than a month of having signs taking up all window space, hanging from the ceiling, and hung in the middle of the entrance way, someone comes up to the register and asks "Are you closing?". This wasn't in the morning or afternoon either, this was at ~10:30p.m. Only an hour and half before the final close.[/quote]Man people are oblivious. This reminds me of another instance at my store, when we had someone break the glass on a far window (not the front of the store). We had to board it up while we got it fixed, but we always had people asking if we were closing. Don't you think there would be a SIGN? Not just some boards on the windows? People.

[quote name='phreak5k']2) Very last day we were open. After more than a month of having signs taking up all window space, hanging from the ceiling, and hung in the middle of the entrance way, someone comes up to the register and asks "Are you closing?". This wasn't in the morning or afternoon either, this was at ~10:30p.m. Only an hour and half before the final close.[/quote]
They may have meant closing up the store for the night instead of forever. I know it was the last night, but it was 10:30pm. I'd ask the same question if I was in a store at 1030pm.

[quote name='Scorch']They may have meant closing up the store for the night instead of forever. I know it was the last night, but it was 10:30pm. I'd ask the same question if I was in a store at 1030pm.[/quote]

No they actually asked if we were closing for good and said how sad they would be to see it go.

Another small story:
Had a women come in today that has Blockbusters Online rental Service, Total Access. She proceeds to tell me that she is really mad cause the service isn't working right; that she received duplicate movies and they took five days to get them, and that she didn't believe she got a free trial.

So I have her sign in and I look at her account. Her billing date was on the 12th, but she was receiving movies on the 2nd before her first billing date, so she had gotten her two weeks free. I then asked if the movies she received twice were the ones that were late getting to her; they were.

She reported them lost in the mail, they sent them again. WTF did she exepect to happen? The resent movies would be magically returned before they reached her?

She was all pissed off, but then nobody seems to understand the internet, or the mail for that matter. Why do people not understand how the damn mail works!

Oh, icing on the cake was that she brought her three mailers in, but just the movie sleeves, no envelopes. I can't exchange those for free rentals (this happens from time to time and it's pretty frustrating). But she had gotten an ecoupon from customer service because of the slow movies or whatever, and she had a previous coupon as well, so I told her I'd give her a credit for a movie today to make things a bit better, so she still got 3 movies. I felt bad that she wasn't satisfied with her service, but worse that she just didn't seem to understand what had happened. Me and my boss both explained the dup movie thing to her a few times and she was still complaing about it.

Let me preface by saying that I really do love people. I love the people who come in, who honestly want to learn about an item and are willing to suspend what they know, so that I can teach them what I know about them. Oh yes, and I work as an electronics guy selling things.

Most memorable was the most recent. A member came in and was saying that the printer he'd bought was missing a piece. I asked what piece and he shoved a piece of paper towards me and said "This!". When I looked at the paper, all I could see was the instructions for aligning the cartridges of the printer. He then piped up saying that it was missing the sheet to align the cartridges. I thought to myself, alright, maybe he's just slow, and I told him that it doesn't come with it in the box, you print it out, and hand the paper back to him. He shoves it back at me and yells at me to read it. So I calmly pick it back up, and start reading through the instructions where it states to print the page and then feed it back through the loader dock to align the cartridges, and give him the paper back. They walk out mumbling.

Second customer was in the same day. Relatively nice old guy, early 50's I'd guess, and I was showing him one of the tv's that are going to be on sale, and we got on to the different technologies, and then he says something that makes me pause; he says that sony is putting out a Blu-Ray tv. I thought he was just confused, and I say that yes, Sony is putting out tv's that are High Def where you can play Blu-Ray discs on them. But he insists, sony is apparently putting out a Blu-Ray TV to combat against HDTV. I bring him over to the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD players to show him what I thought he was talking about and try to explain that Blu-Ray is the technology for the discs and not a TV but he kept on insisting so I just let it go.

Another customer came in, older couple, nice people and they forgot their password to their computer. I ask them if there was any hint and they say that the hint is wife, but they've tried all the info about his wife. And they say that the person who'd put in the password a couple of months ago, has forgotten the password as well. So, not knowing what else to do, I gave them our help line, to see if there was a work around there.

Same day, A gal comes up to me in the printer ink aisle and asks if I can help her find a cartridge. I shrug and ask her if she knows the number of the cartridge but she doesn't, all she knows is that it is big, and from HP, and the printer had an 88 in it. Thankfully we had a visual book of all the printers from HP and we were able to find it from that.

On a friday, busy as all heck, tons of people around, and we have a karaoke machine and a couple of electronic keyboards. Three kids were screaming into the karaoke machine, and pounding on the keyboards, I went over and turned it down so only they could hear the sound. I walk away to help a customer and all of a sudden they've turned up the volume full bore and I excuse myself to hit all the power buttons on the items. While I'm doing this, their parent is around and starts telling them not to do that, so I walk away thinking it'll be alright and go back to the customer. A minute goes by and full volume, everything starts again, so I go over, unplug everything and hide all the power plugs.

[quote name='phreak5k']I worked for a month at the Virgin Megastore in Chicago when they were closing down earlier this summer. 2 intances:

2) Very last day we were open. After more than a month of having signs taking up all window space, hanging from the ceiling, and hung in the middle of the entrance way, someone comes up to the register and asks "Are you closing?". This wasn't in the morning or afternoon either, this was at ~10:30p.m. Only an hour and half before the final close.[/quote]

LOL I remember when the Blockbuster I worked at was closing, they had signs everywhere, sales on movies etc.

The last day this guy came in and goes,

"So where you guys moving to"

Im like "We're not moving" *glancing up at a sign*

Then he's like "Fine be a smart ass about it", and storms out

I've worked in retail for well over 12 years and have lots of first-hand odd and amsing customer stories. I'll share a couple recent ones, and a classic.

My current employ is as a GameStop lackey. A couple months ago, a female customer called and asked when a new release would be available. I answered, "As soon as UPS gets here, but unfortunately they're running late today and I don't know when they'll arrive." So I told her she should call back later. And then she asked for my store's phone number. I wanted to ask, "How the @#$% did you call us in the first place?"

And this next one I have to set up first.

There are two other GameStops besides the one I work at within a couple miles, and one of them is close nearby inside a mall.

And it never fails that at least 2-3 times a day a customer will ask of an out-of-stock title, "Do you have __X__ game in stock?"

And even if I know we don't have it, I still take a moment to prove to the customer that we don't have one in stock.

And here comes the dumb question: "Do you know if the mall has one?"

I mean, honestly, how stupid can people be? How the @#$% could I possibly know off-hand what another store has in their inventory?

I just don't get how so many customers can ask the same dumbass question. It's like they think because both stores are called "GameStop" that somehow all the employees have intimate knowledge of other stores' inventories. That's like asking one McDonald's whose ice cream machine is out of order if they know if the ice cream machine at the McDonald's two streets over is working.

And finally, a classic anecdote from when I was stocking shelves at Wal-Mart back in the late '80s: I overheard two elderly ladies discussing an endcap feature which displayed packs of "recycled" toilet paper. One woman says to the other, "I wonder how they got all the brown stuff out of it..."

I mean, honestly, how stupid can people be? How the @#$% could I possibly know off-hand what another store has in their inventory?

I just don't get how so many customers can ask the same dumbass question. It's like they think because both stores are called "GameStop" that somehow all the employees have intimate knowledge of other stores' inventories. That's like asking one McDonald's whose ice cream machine is out of order if they know if the ice cream machine at the McDonald's two streets over is working.

Hey there smart guy, You do realize that certain retail chain stores (ex. BB,CC) can look up inventory in other stores by using the register or another terminal (customer service) . Dont be to quick to judge o' great seller of video games:bouncy:

[quote name='Voiceroy']I've worked in retail for well over 12 years and have lots of first-hand odd and amsing customer stories. I'll share a couple recent ones, and a classic.

My current employ is as a GameStop lackey. A couple months ago, a female customer called and asked when a new release would be available. I answered, "As soon as UPS gets here, but unfortunately they're running late today and I don't know when they'll arrive." So I told her she should call back later. And then she asked for my store's phone number. I wanted to ask, "How the @#$% did you call us in the first place?"

And this next one I have to set up first.

There are two other GameStops besides the one I work at within a couple miles, and one of them is close nearby inside a mall.

And it never fails that at least 2-3 times a day a customer will ask of an out-of-stock title, "Do you have __X__ game in stock?"

And even if I know we don't have it, I still take a moment to prove to the customer that we don't have one in stock.

And finally, a classic anecdote from when I was stocking shelves at Wal-Mart back in the late '80s: I overheard two elderly ladies discussing an endcap feature which displayed packs of "recycled" toilet paper. One woman says to the other, "I wonder how they got all the brown stuff out of it..."[/QUOTE]
Sounds like where I live, 3 GSs right next to each other and one in a mall, I've asked countless times if one of the other GSs has a game I am looking for, the employee calls up and checks no problem.

You're not expected to know off hand another stores inventory but at least make an attempt to find out if one of the other stores has something, especially when they are litteraly a 2 minute walk away.

[quote name='Voiceroy']I've worked in retail for well over 12 years and have lots of first-hand odd and amsing customer stories. I'll share a couple recent ones, and a classic.

My current employ is as a GameStop lackey. A couple months ago, a female customer called and asked when a new release would be available. I answered, "As soon as UPS gets here, but unfortunately they're running late today and I don't know when they'll arrive." So I told her she should call back later. And then she asked for my store's phone number. I wanted to ask, "How the @#$% did you call us in the first place?"[/quote]

Ummmmm...maybe she used 411 info or the equivalent of it(which is 555-1212 here) to get the number but didn't copy it down and they simply put her through to your store?

As for the inventory thing, many stores CAN check if other locations may have an item if they don't, but many employees are either A) too fuckin lazy to help a customer and check or B) not trained on how to do it, with the majority of them leaning towards A.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for the inventory thing, many stores CAN check if other locations may have an item if they don't, but many employees are either A) too fuckin lazy to help a customer and check or B) not trained on how to do it, with the majority of them leaning towards A.[/QUOTE]

Now, now... I know in my store, checking other place's inventory is a total pain. In order to check another store's inventory, I need an RF gun (those funny looking things employees stocking shelves tend to have). Even then, the inventory listed is usually off (our system really does take a day to update.)

Meaning, after all that, the customer expects me to call the other stores for them and check/put things on hold. (and I said "stores" on purpose, it's never just one.) Having me call does not speed up the process at all- actually, I think it slows it down a little because the other person is likely hunting down an RF gun to figure out what I'm asking for.

End result? I end up with a phone glued to my ear for 20-30 minutes (sometimes more), while trying to ring up other customers one-handed, and unable to call backup cashiers or answer incoming phone calls. Couple that with the fact that only about half the people actually pick up anything they put on hold... and yes, I am going to be very reluctant to check the other stores.

[quote name='Voiceroy']And here comes the dumb question: "Do you know if the mall has one?"

I mean, honestly, how stupid can people be? How the @#$% could I possibly know off-hand what another store has in their inventory?[/quote]

Perhaps it's a higher-up thing that they don't teach others, but there IS a way to check other store's inventories at EB/GS. They've done it at my local store. Hell, you can do it on the website.

[quote name='Voiceroy']
[/quote]

thats really amusing to hear. although its not the first time ive heard that. alot of people, generally stay-home moms, calls 411 to ask for the number. since 411 doesn't charge anymore to connect your call to the business you were looking for, this sorta stuff happens.

The store that I go to CAN check for inventory at other stores through the stores computer, there may be only one person who works there that knows how to do it though but he has offered to search for games for me on multiple occasions, its called a district search, it does take a few min to do.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Err... how long has this thread title been like that?[/quote]

you mean the part where it says "post your stupid and funny customer stores" instead of stories?

Honestly I don't know, hadn't paid that much attention, just kept on posting to it.

Listen customers, its a state law so just show me your god damn ID if you're purchasing alcohol. Spare me your bitching and your "lol do i not look old enough?" jokes.

[quote name='davo1224']"What's the difference between male and female plugs?"
"..."

Me realizing that they're serious

"Males have the pointy things and females have the holes."
"I don't get where they got the names from though."
"..."

:dunce:[/QUOTE]
Wins thread.

For the past 2 months of the summer, I being working at Electrical Store mainly during the late shift as my summer job from around 3 to 9 PM on weekdays. The store mainly sells such things as computer parts, cell phones, and cameras. So yesterday around 8:50 PM (10 minutes before the closing time) some guy walks in. He looked like he was around 18, he didn't smell good and was dressed poorly. I asked him what did he want, he replied saying that he wanted to return a cell phone. I asked him if I could take a look. Now he takes out a Black Motorola Razr V3, which more then 50% of people I know own one in real life. I was tired and frustrated, I let out a big sigh and asked him if he has the charger or the original box and "surprisingly" he said no. I continue on asking him if he has the original store warranty or at least the receipt, but he replies with another no. So being frustrated I just tell him: "Listen you can not return a f*** bull shit phone which you probably stole from some kid just an hour ago." The guy blows up and starts cursing and begins to threating me that he is going to kick my ass. I laugh at him and tell him to go f*** himself. So once the guy leaves Me and Joe(another worker) begin to rap things up and begin to close the store.

Joe is another guy who being working in the store for around more then a year as a part time job. He is 21 and really is a big guy. If you would look at him from the side you would rather think he is fat, but he has a strong type of body and works out up to 10 hours at the gym every week (at least from what he told me). He is that type of guy who you wouldn't want to meet up with in the dark alley. So as we both continue to close the store like usually I leave first and say Bye to him.

I put on my jacket since it was raining and walk out of the store's back door and when I suddenly see the f***er who tried to return that Motorola Razr and starts walking towards me telling me that he will f*** me up. To be honest I was never really strong. Like pretty much all tall people I am really skinny so after seeing him I try to defend myself against the idiot. The guy had a nice advantage being couple of years older then me. During the first 5 minutes it was usually "Hit and Run" for me, trying to defend myself rather then harm the drunk f***er. Suddenly I see Joe walking out the back door going home, then he suddenly sees me struggling against the drunk idiot. He starts running towards the guy takes a clear shot at him and punches him at the back, so the guy turned around in confusion trying to find out who'd hell punched at him when Joe punched the guy again this time right in the jaw. The drunk idiot falls on his back when Joe makes the final hit and kicks the f***er as hard as he can with his right foot in the stomach when suddenly we hear the guy begging Joe to stop and so he did. While Joe was guarding the drunk f***er moaning on the floor, I took out my cell phone and called the police. 10 minutes later cops showed up and took the guy away.

This didn't happen to me, but rather one of my friends who works at Lowes in the Garden Department.

We're standing their talking, and she gets a phone call from a guy wanting to know if we sell lawn mower starters (the string you pull). She's explains that we have them, etc.

Then the guy asked if they cleaned easy, she's like, why do they need to be cleaned, it's going to get dirty all the time anyway.

Well, here's the point where you should have saw her face

I found out later that the guy, wanted it for his gay partner, and they were going to use it for an anal bead or something.

She kept looking around, the whole time, and even asked the guy if she was hidden camera, but the guy was dead ass serious the whole time.

When she told me about it, i died laughing..

luckily the guy didn't call corporate like he threatened to. I don't know if it was a joke or not but she said the guy was very serious on the phone

Today, while at work at Blockbuster, I got an automated call telling me I could make MILLIONS selling dvd's online.

I better let our new CEO know about this well kept secret.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Today, while at work at Blockbuster, I got an automated call telling me I could make MILLIONS selling dvd's online.

I better let our new CEO know about this well kept secret.[/quote]

You had better get a nice promotion for that sweet info.

[quote name='Porksta']You had better get a nice promotion for that sweet info.[/quote]
Haha!
I haven't read this thread in a while, so many funny stories!
Keep it up retail workers!
(don't worry, I worked this summer 5 days a week at a camp as a councillor for 4-5 year olds, I feel your pain).

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Listen customers, its a state law so just show me your god damn ID if you're purchasing alcohol. Spare me your bitching and your "lol do i not look old enough?" jokes.[/QUOTE]
Funny how EB always asks for my ID when I'm purchasing M-rated games, but the bars and liquor marts don't. /me shrugs

it was early morning the other day and this lady came in to return something at the register...for some reason she started huffing and puffing and asked me, "Why did u give me that look?!?!" I was like, WTF? I asked her, "what look?" she couldn't explain herself for some reason... i didn't even know i gave her a look.

My supervisor was there a few minutes later and she asked the same thing again, and we both exhanged "the WTF - look" we totally didn't know what this lady was talking about. She came back about 15 minutes later to buy something.... and she complained again about something she told me earlier about a coupon she had forgot to bring in. She started telling me, "I told you when i came in the 1st time i wanted to use that coupon. Am I talking to the same person or something?"

Seriously lady, I ring up so many customers I can't remember everything that you told me 15 minutes before. Yep, very weird story today. She was the only bad customer i had all day, too. other than that, it was all good.

How about when customers insist that they know your job better than you do?
At blockbuster you can *only* look up a customer three ways:
1. Account Number
2. Name (first then last)
3. Or (just recently) license or id number.

I always have people giving me their damn telephone number, telling me that they did it last time, they always just give their number. I have never in five years been able to look up an account with a telephone number. AFAIK, that's a hollywood thing, and it's stupid too; using names means I can check your id as I pull up your account and kill two birds with one stone. Of course the flipside is when it's not the account holder, and the account has a different name. For some reason after I ask for the last name of the account, they still give me *their* first name and not the account holrders first name.

I also can not look up movie info based on actor, genre, year, or a word in the the title or what a movie might be about. I know it seems dumb but I can seriously only find movies by searching for the title, and I need to know the first word it starts with, at least. (Had a lady just today insist that I had searched by actor before.)

And finally, I am fed up with customers just walking STRAIGHT up to any register they see and talking AT me. People won't even wait in line, as soon as someone walks a few feet away from my register the space is filled; hell, sometimes people will wait right next to the current customer. It's incredibly rude. I may have things to do before you walk up and start telling me your phone number without even responding to me 'hello' or 'I'll be right with you'.

I so need a new job.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Listen customers, its a state law so just show me your god damn ID if you're purchasing alcohol. Spare me your bitching and your "lol do i not look old enough?" jokes.[/quote]

I HATE IT when customers ask that!!!

Customer: Can't you figure out that I'm old enough!?
Me: Your ugly face gives me a hard time figuring out....
Customer: F*CK YOU!!!
Me: Thank You! Come Again!

A lot of liquor/convenient stores don't ID often b/c they probably figured that you're not a underage working for alcohol control group (whatever its called). Thats just how it works in the Quik-E Mart

Had somebody the other day looking at cellphones talk to me. I'm doing something else already.

Guy: How much does the Sync cost for Cingular?
Me: $30 with a new activation.
Guy: Best Buy has it free.
Me: We can do price matches if you bring us the ad.
Guy: No that's alright I'll just go there and pick one up.
Me: Ok, sorry I couldn't help you.
Guy: Well you could just give me the phone.
Me: Unless you have the ad to pricematch, we have to do it at our price.
Guy: I don't wanna do it with an activation anyway.
Me: Oh alright then no worries. Just the phone is about $250-$300.

(Mind you I'm STILL helping the other customer)

Me: Yeah they have it free with a new activation.
Guy: No I can go there and they'll have to give it to me free.
Me: They can't do that. They make no money and they'd get in trouble from AT&T.
Guy: No there's a law that all carriers have to give out their phones at contract prices without contracts.
Me: Oh alright I guess we just haven't implemented that yet here. I hope you enjoy your phone when you get it.

(I figure it's over)

Guy: I don't like Best Buy though. I want it from here. You should call someone up.
Other Customer: You should get a clue.
Guy: Well sorry that you actually have to pay for your phone.

(The guy leaves)

I don't know if the guy was just actually that dense or if he thought that he could actually make someone buy that story.

[quote name='davo1224']Had somebody the other day looking at cellphones talk to me. I'm doing something else already.

Guy: How much does the Sync cost for Cingular?
Me: $30 with a new activation.
Me: We can do price matches if you bring us the ad.
Guy: No that's alright I'll just go there and pick one up.
Me: Ok, sorry I couldn't help you.
Guy: Well you could just give me the phone.
Me: Unless you have the ad to pricematch, we have to do it at our price.
Guy: I don't wanna do it with an activation anyway.
Me: Oh alright then no worries. Just the phone is about $250-$300.

(Mind you I'm STILL helping the other customer)

Me: Yeah they have it free with a new activation.
Guy: No I can go there and they'll have to give it to me free.
Me: They can't do that. They make no money and they'd get in trouble from AT&T.
Guy: No there's a law that all carriers have to give out their phones at contract prices without contracts.
Me: Oh alright I guess we just haven't implemented that yet here. I hope you enjoy your phone when you get it.

(I figure it's over)

Guy: I don't like Best Buy though. I want it from here. You should call someone up.
Other Customer: You should get a clue.
Guy: Well sorry that you actually have to pay for your phone.

(The guy leaves)

I don't know if the guy was just actually that dense or if he thought that he could actually make someone buy that story.[/quote]That's awesome that the other customer jumped in there. It is too bad he had to actually pay for his phone though.

Brings me to my next point... why do people assume it's okay to interupt someone in the middle of helping someone else? People just cut in line, talk at me, stand and stare at me... get in the fucking line.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']
Brings me to my next point... why do people assume it's okay to interupt someone in the middle of helping someone else? People just cut in line, talk at me, stand and stare at me... get in the fucking line.[/QUOTE]

I HATE that soooo much... now, I can understand the person with a quick question ("where's the glue?") not getting in line at my store- AKA, the Home of the Unending Line. (Seriously, how do they manage it so everyone in the friggin' store checks out at the same time?) They could, at least, wait until I'm between customers, not asking while I'm acutally speaking to someone! ("Ok, so I'll to see you ID for the ch-" "Where's scrapbooking?!" Keep in mind the wall behind the registers says 'paper crafts' in 3-foot letters.)

And if you're going to just stand around for a question, do it in my field of vision- don't come directly behind me and wait for me to turn around and help you. I won't. I snapped a bit at a couple for that, back when I started... it was Christmas season, extremely busy. The counter behind me was vacant (I think the cashier was on lunch). So, naturally, a couple comes up and stands there, so I ingore them- I have a nice, big line to deal with. Then I hear it- "excuse me... excuse me... excuse me!" They waited a generous 3 or so seconds in between each excuse me. It was busy. I had another customer I was helping at the time. That annoyed me. So I slammed my hands on the counter, turned around and said "WHAT?!?" They stammered a bit and asked for dowels or something... I barked 'aisle 9!' and went back to my line.

Moral of the story... new cashiers have no paitence at Christmas, and there are a lot of new cashiers around. Don't piss them off. (I don't think I'd ever do that again, though... *sigh* stupid apathy...)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I HATE that soooo much... now, I can understand the person with a quick question ("where's the glue?") not getting in line at my store- AKA, the Home of the Unending Line. (Seriously, how do they manage it so everyone in the friggin' store checks out at the same time?) They could, at least, wait until I'm between customers, not asking while I'm acutally speaking to someone! ("Ok, so I'll to see you ID for the ch-" "Where's scrapbooking?!" Keep in mind the wall behind the registers says 'paper crafts' in 3-foot letters.)

And if you're going to just stand around for a question, do it in my field of vision- don't come directly behind me and wait for me to turn around and help you. I won't. I snapped a bit at a couple for that, back when I started... it was Christmas season, extremely busy. The counter behind me was vacant (I think the cashier was on lunch). So, naturally, a couple comes up and stands there, so I ingore them- I have a nice, big line to deal with. Then I hear it- "excuse me... excuse me... excuse me!" They waited a generous 3 or so seconds in between each excuse me. It was busy. I had another customer I was helping at the time. That annoyed me. So I slammed my hands on the counter, turned around and said "WHAT?!?" They stammered a bit and asked for dowels or something... I barked 'aisle 9!' and went back to my line.

Moral of the story... new cashiers have no paitence at Christmas, and there are a lot of new cashiers around. Don't piss them off. (I don't think I'd ever do that again, though... *sigh* stupid apathy...)[/QUOTE]
Usually when I see people ask for directions, it's to departments or shelves where it is clearly labeled in 9 foot Helvetica lettering. Noticed this being very bad at EB, where the Soccer Mom comes in asking a clerk to go fetch some used PS2 game (even a blind person with a lab could find that shelf) while there's a launch lineup. Some people are too lazy to walk, but are willing to bug clerks that are busy attending to a line of 15 customers.

[quote name='mrelusive']Usually when I see people ask for directions, it's to departments or shelves where it is clearly labeled in 9 foot Helvetica lettering. Noticed this being very bad at EB, where the Soccer Mom comes in asking a clerk to go fetch some used PS2 game (even a blind person with a lab could find that shelf) while there's a launch lineup. Some people are too lazy to walk, but are willing to bug clerks that are busy attending to a line of 15 customers.[/quote]Yeah GS and EB have it bad; when I worked there it was constantly people asking, "Where's this?" "Do you have this?" And the answer was always the same: point and say, "It's right there, two feet away, if we have it. It's all alphabetized so you DON'T HAVE TO ASK." Except for the bins, at which point it's like, "have fun with that".

At Blockbuster I can't really do that, since it's a bit bigger. But seriously, is it SO hard to find a damn movie? Everything within a year out is along the wall, sorta alphabetical (don't get me started on the weird 3 rows they use now). But older movies are all in the middle, sorted by genre, alphabetical. If you can't find it, it's not here, or you don't know your abc's.

And I won't fogive people with "just a quick question" either. A quick question is, "where's Drama?". Usually it's something more like, "Do I owe any money on my account, can I rent on so-and-so account, do you have this movie back there but not on the shelf?" Let me just stop helping this person that waited five minutes in line so I can help the person that simply walked up to me.

I'm going to start telling people to just get in line, I'm sick of this. I always chicken out cause I don't want to be rude, but they're being extremely rude. I just know when I say it I'll sound like an ass; it's really hard not to when your dealing with a subject that should have been learned in kindergarten.

do you ever notice how many people buy candy at the checkout line? i'm talking like 2 or 3 pieces, too. no wonder so many people get fat....just an observation. haha. Since I was a kid, I think i've only bought candy in the checkout line like 3-4 times in my whole life. I guess that's something to be proud of....

[quote name='davo1224']"What's the difference between male and female plugs?"
"..."

Me realizing that they're serious

"Males have the pointy things and females have the holes."
"I don't get where they got the names from though."
"..."

:dunce:[/quote]

Ahaha, I remember just last week I had a person that asked that question except for the fact that it was an employee (I work in electronics @ Wal-mart) and it was hard to tell them because I kept laughing. Basically just told them the males had what males have an females have what they have irl. Males go in the females.

Another time I picked up an item that had the top piece missing (the hook piece was cut so it didn't fit onto the peg) and so I asked a fellow employee who was working there, "Where's the a**holes?" He replied, "I don't know, can't find any?" Then some random guy came up and said, "They're everywhere!" I just sat and stood there in amazement at what he just said. I really wanted to laugh but couldn't for some reason. BTW, they are little plastic things that stick onto the item so they can be placed back onto the peg.

Usually there's some good stories while others are just like "where's the telphones?" Yesterday I was asked that I was literally stading right infront of them and they were facing the telephones and so I just turned around and said "here." They simply replied, "Sorry, I'm an idiot." Not realizing what I'm saying, I told them "It's ok."

The other time I remember being asked when I was at my register, "Where's electronics?" I said, "You're stading in it."

Too bad I can't really remember any other good ones. Every day there is always something new and funny story. Another day of work, another good story to bring home.

[quote name='mentos888']do you ever notice how many people buy candy at the checkout line? i'm talking like 2 or 3 pieces, too. no wonder so many people get fat....just an observation. haha. Since I was a kid, I think i've only bought candy in the checkout line like 3-4 times in my whole life. I guess that's something to be proud of....[/quote]
The National Pandemic would be a lot worse if EB suddenly had candy racks at Halo 3 midnight launches :lol:

I'm surprised there isn't more candy in GS and EB's... they'd make a killing.

I rarely buy candy at checkout, and it's only at real grocery store where it's like 33 cents or something. I can't believe people will pay $1.80 for a candy bar at blockbuster, but whatever.

Is that $1.80 is for a box or large bar? At Six Flags, they get away with charging $2.00 for a regular size candy bar and $3.50 for a 20 oz bottle of soda and people gladly pay it. Yet in my store, where the same candy bar is $0.50, some people get annoyed when they think it's $0.25 or $0.33 when the sign clearly says $0.50 and it's the cheapest price in the shopping center.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Is that $1.80 is for a box or large bar? At Six Flags, they get away with charging $2.00 for a regular size candy bar and $3.50 for a 20 oz bottle of soda and people gladly pay it. Yet in my store, where the same candy bar is $0.50, some people get annoyed when they think it's $0.25 or $0.33 when the sign clearly says $0.50 and it's the cheapest price in the shopping center.[/QUOTE]
[sarcasm]

Because, sir, you are not a entertainment destination. [/sarcasm]

actually i just bought some clearance candy last week for 25 cents! it was a small bag actually, not a box like the one below. mmmmm....yummy stiff marshmallowy goodness. eh, it wasn't so bad.
yhst-31615181598948_1963_16075506

So this dude comes up to me the other day with cold sore medicine in his hand.
Him: "Does this work for canker sores?"
Me: "Jesus Christ, how would I know? I ain't no doctor."

For some reason, once it is past Labor Day, everyone thinks it's fall and gets dressed accordingly. The problem with this is that if you look at a calender, it's still summer and is still 75 - 80 most days here. So many people came into the store today with sweatshirts and jackets and long sleeve shirts and then complained about how hot it was in the store (the AC was off). I was comfortable in my t-shirt and shorts and tried to ignore the complaints.

Not really a stupid customer story (I honestly think it was a fair mistake), but an entertaining one.

In the proper spirit of Halloween, my store has no less than 3 version of a jellybean-pooping Halloween cat. One of which screeches when you dispense the candy.

Well, I had a couple folks come up with a pair, saying they'd just bought cat A, and wanted to exchange for cat B, because cat A didn't dispense- which they demonstrated.

My response? the screeching candy-poop cats have a hatch cover built-in... you have to push the tail up to open it and dispense the candy. Which led to much laughter from all around, since one does not often see candy-pooping-cat-operation lessons. Not mention all the electronic cat screeches while we goofed around. :bouncy:

This one was pretty good.

Some guy walks in, ugly guy literally with the most awful thong sandals in the world, and comes to the counter.

"How's it going, need help with anything?"
"I bought this used Xbox game, but it doesn't work on my 360. Can I return it?"
"Not a problem, you have the receipt?"
"No"
"Than I'm sorry, I can't do much return wise without a receipt."
"Why not?"
"We can only return items with receipts. Without them, we have no idea where you bought the game, the date, the price, the payment, etc etc. It's store policy to not return without a receipt."
"But it doesn't work..."
"Yeah, and I can't do much. Sorry"
Begins to stare blankly with his mouth open at me. UGH!
"Sorry, I cannot return it without a receipt"
Long pause.
"Fine."

Grabs game and begins to walk to the door. As he opens the door, he looksback at us and says:

"Hey, do you know any stores I can buy games at?"
"What?"
"Games, online, a store where I can buy games at?"
"Ummmm BestBuy?"
"Online, buy games"
"I don't understand what you are saying. Be more clear"
"Cause I want to buy them there."

And walks out.

I have no idea what he was trying to say, but I'm pretty sure he was trying to offend me in some way. Funny part is, I was not offended, I was surprised how much of a dumbass he really was.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']This one was pretty good.

Some guy walks in, ugly guy literally with the most awful thong sandals in the world, and comes to the counter.

"How's it going, need help with anything?"
"I bought this used Xbox game, but it doesn't work on my 360. Can I return it?"
"Not a problem, you have the receipt?"
"No"
"Than I'm sorry, I can't do much return wise without a receipt."
"Why not?"
"We can only return items with receipts. Without them, we have no idea where you bought the game, the date, the price, the payment, etc etc. It's store policy to not return without a receipt."
"But it doesn't work..."
"Yeah, and I can't do much. Sorry"
Begins to stare blankly with his mouth open at me. UGH!
"Sorry, I cannot return it without a receipt"
Long pause.
"Fine."

Grabs game and begins to walk to the door. As he opens the door, he looksback at us and says:

"Hey, do you know any stores I can buy games at?"
"What?"
"Games, online, a store where I can buy games at?"
"Ummmm BestBuy?"
"Online, buy games"
"I don't understand what you are saying. Be more clear"
"Cause I want to buy them there."

And walks out.

I have no idea what he was trying to say, but I'm pretty sure he was trying to offend me in some way. Funny part is, I was not offended, I was surprised how much of a dumbass he really was.[/quote]I am sick and tired of people not having receipts for returns. It's common policy at any store I've ever been to and is the reason the receipt exists (well, and I guess if for some reason you were keeping tabs on everything you buy... in which case you'd have the receipt).

Oh wait, WAL-MART accepts returns without receipts. I hate that place. It's made people even dumber for having shopped there, which is actually pretty incredible.

bread's done
Back