Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AshesofWake']boo for no Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC sale. 15 is just too much.[/QUOTE]

That'll probably be on sale in a few months. It just came out on Nov 27th. 600 MSP sounds about right from what I've heard.

[quote name='thereefernander']Does anyone know what the deals are gonna be? I have a bunch I wanna get but am worried about breaking the bank.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it would be in the OP if we knew.

[quote name='boris1']the tba days are tony hawk on the 22nd and counterstrike GO for the 26th, and rock band 3 and bully for the games on demand sale[/QUOTE]

fuck I just bought RB 3 on Black Friday w/Target points.

[quote name='AshesofWake']boo for no Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC sale. 15 is just too much.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, but I'll bite on the first sale for it at 800 points or less.

[quote name='thereefernander']Does anyone know what the deals are gonna be? I have a bunch I wanna get but am worried about breaking the bank.

What am I looking at here?

Joe Danger 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Rayman 3 HD
Walking dead 2-5
Peggle nights
World of keflings Sugar and spice/Outer Space
MW3 1
MW3 2
MW3 3
Trials evo Origin of pain
Fruit ninja Kinect Storm season/space capsule/art box
Skyrim Dawnguard/Hearthfire[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm pretty sure everything on your list is gonna be like a hundred.

[quote name='boris1']the tba days are tony hawk on the 22nd and counterstrike GO for the 26th, and rock band 3 and bully for the games on demand sale[/QUOTE]
cool just traded in my RB3 disc at gamestop and got some MSP to get a GoD copy

[quote name='thereefernander']Does anyone know what the deals are gonna be? I have a bunch I wanna get but am worried about breaking the bank.

What am I looking at here?

Joe Danger 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Rayman 3 HD
Walking dead 2-5
Peggle nights
World of keflings Sugar and spice/Outer Space
MW3 1
MW3 2
MW3 3
Trials evo Origin of pain
Fruit ninja Kinect Storm season/space capsule/art box
Skyrim Dawnguard/Hearthfire[/QUOTE]

You are probably looking at 50% off for most sale items, but don't be surprised to find a few that are only 33% off or so. No one here knows for sure what the markdowns will be.

Source for that? Tony Hawk is the only game not on this list that I'd pick up only when on sale.

Interested in these 2 but not willing to spend money

Trine 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail

I have God of war Origins collections code to trade for them.

[quote name='tgk2044']Source for that? Tony Hawk is the only game not on this list that I'd pick up only when on sale.[/QUOTE]
someone posted on another forum and said that. The links some pages back. I believe it cause tony hawks not on the summer of arcade section.
We'll find out if its true if the GonD he said were going to be on sale are true on the 18th

no mass effect DLC sale... god, just fuck you EA, fuck you. You put out a shitty collection of the games without any friggin DLC on them (how do you NOT put lair of the shadowbroker on there? Its critical to the friggin story and the only way to play with a major character from the 1st and 3rd game!), and now its not even on this sale.

I miss when Bioware used to be cool. Since they got bought by EA and the founders left its just been spiraling down the drain

[quote name='razorracer83']Anyone who has a spare 1600 Microsoft Points code and is interested in getting Skyrim for Xbox 360 want to trade their points code for a Skyrim download voucher code? If so, give me a PM. I don't need the code since I already have Skyrim on my PC, but could definitely use the points for this sale.[/QUOTE]

Don't know how to PM from my iPhone, but if you still have that code I'll be interested.

I'm stacked up for this sale;

My list:
Borderlands 2 season pass
Mark of ninja
Walking dead 1-5
Sonic
And a few others

Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Simpsons Arcade
Dust
Virtua Fighter 5

Should be about 2600 points, which is exactly how many points I have. Also interested in Rayman Origins, Borderlands 2 season pass, and Skyrim DLC.

Saw Metro 2033 for $10, is the game worth it at that price? Gamestop has it used around $25 bucks and ebay somewhere near $15. The game at that price seems too good to pass up.

[quote name='jcs7573']Saw Metro 2033 for $10, is the game worth it at that price? Gamestop has it used around $25 bucks and ebay somewhere near $15. The game at that price seems too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty good price for the console version, though if you happen to be a Steam user you can get it plus five other games for $7.50 total on Amazon right now.

[quote name='jcs7573']Saw Metro 2033 for $10, is the game worth it at that price? Gamestop has it used around $25 bucks and ebay somewhere near $15. The game at that price seems too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]
It's a lot of fun and not your typical shooter. I'd go for it.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's a pretty good price for the console version, though if you happen to be a Steam user you can get it plus five other games for $7.50 total on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
Saw it in the thq weekend deal on the 360, still debating. Gonna hit some reviews and see what's up.

I'm playing through it now, easily worth $10. More survival horror than most games of late, get it!

Most people's main and only gripe is the shooting feels off. It's just super important to aim for the head in this game.

If you want it on pc just goto their facebook page and get it for free. Might not be exactly what you want, but free is free. https://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame

[quote name='bajingo']I'm playing through it now, easily worth $10. More survival horror than most games of late, get it!

Most people's main and only gripe is the shooting feels off. It's just super important to aim for the head in this game.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to take the leap and get it. I've spent more money on worse. Another Xmas gift for me, less for the wife to get :D Thanks for all the replies. Happy holidays to everyone here!

[quote name='Kenshindono']I miss when Bioware used to be cool. Since they got bought by EA and the founders left its just been spiraling down the drain[/QUOTE]I don't really see the need to blame EA... Actually, I'm pretty sure it was EA realization that Bioware did IP suicide with ME that we ever saw the minor changes to the ending that we got...

The bigwigs at Bioware got paid, payed just enough attention to not default on their contracts till those expired, and left.. Pretty much that simple.

Middling. Not great at all. Lots of issues but it's unique enough. I'd say it's worth it if you come in with low B-tier expectations. There's good fun to be had between the issues.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I don't really see the need to blame EA... Actually, I'm pretty sure it was EA realization that Bioware did IP suicide with ME that we ever saw the minor changes to the ending that we got...

The bigwigs at Bioware got paid, payed just enough attention to not default on their contracts till those expired, and left.. Pretty much that simple.[/QUOTE]
I thought the minor changes to the ending were okay, but that's coming from a Bioware fan boy.

I'm gonna go with Dust, Mark of the Ninja and the Walking Dead Eps. 4-5 since I already have the others. I might get the BL2 season pass if it is 1200 ponts but I don't think it will be. I also might get Hell Yeah if the demo is good and I am on the fence about the Kefliings dlc, anybody have an opinion on them?

The game is fantastic. The setting and the story are very, very interesting. The game also has a ridiculous amount of atmosphere; it nails this aspect better than most games I've played. The gameplay is a little bit sloppy--it's not the most tight and precise shooter--but that's really not what it's all about, and it's not bad enough to hinder enjoyment. If you enjoy something with some depth, you will absolutely love it. If, on the other hand, you prefer the more vapid side of gaming that so many do, it's probably not for you.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I'm gonna go with Dust, Mark of the Ninja and the Walking Dead Eps. 4-5 since I already have the others. I might get the BL2 season pass if it is 1200 ponts but I don't think it will be. I also might get Hell Yeah if the demo is good and I am on the fence about the Kefliings dlc, anybody have an opinion on them?[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah was a lot of fun. The game gets a little bit boring, but the humor never lets up, and it really is quite gorgeous to look at. I certainly enjoyed my time with it. The Keflings DLC was mostly good. The alien and the spooky one were great. The candy one was really quite boring. It wasn't very funny and was a bit of a drag just to get through. I would at least recommend the other two.

[quote name='Zaku77']The game is fantastic. The setting and the story are very, very interesting. The game also has a ridiculous amount of atmosphere; it nails this aspect better than most games I've played. The gameplay is a little bit sloppy--it's not the most tight and precise shooter--but that's really not what it's all about, and it's not bad enough to hinder enjoyment. If you enjoy something with some depth, you will absolutely love it. If, on the other hand, you prefer the more vapid side of gaming that so many do, it's probably not for you.

Hell Yeah was a lot of fun. The game gets a little bit boring, but the humor never lets up, and it really is quite gorgeous to look at. I certainly enjoyed my time with it. The Keflings DLC was mostly good. The alien and the spooky one were great. The candy one was really quite boring. It wasn't very funny and was a bit of a drag just to get through. I would at least recommend the other two.[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck said 2 years ago when he reviewed Metro 2033 to put the difficulty on easy to get the most enjoyment out of the game.

[quote name='Kenshindono']no mass effect DLC sale... god, just fuck you EA, fuck you. You put out a shitty collection of the games without any friggin DLC on them (how do you NOT put lair of the shadowbroker on there? Its critical to the friggin story and the only way to play with a major character from the 1st and 3rd game!), and now its not even on this sale.

I miss when Bioware used to be cool. Since they got bought by EA and the founders left its just been spiraling down the drain[/QUOTE]

It's not the end of the world relax. ME2 DLC has been on sale so many times already, nobody is going to die if it's not part of this big sale.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']It would be a nice surprise if Minecraft was on sale at some point over the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

It's selling like crazy at full price, they don't really have any incentive to put it on sale =P

[quote name='gotdott']It's not the end of the world relax. ME2 DLC has been on sale so many times already, nobody is going to die if it's not part of this big sale.[/QUOTE]
Really? When was this? I've been buying all their DLC when they came out...including the Mass Effect 3 one, which I haven't even started another 3rd play through.

[quote name='TommyLove']Really? When was this? I've been buying all their DLC when they came out...including the Mass Effect 3 one, which I haven't even started another 3rd play through.[/QUOTE]

There was a sale on ME2 DLC the December after the game came out. The DLC was something like 75% off during the sale. Since then it's gone on sale occasionally for 50% off. You can find the exact sale prices and dates on xbldb.com.

[quote name='Thrinn']There was a sale on ME2 DLC the December after the game came out. The DLC was something like 75% off during the sale. Since then it's gone on sale occasionally for 50% off. You can find the exact sale prices and dates on xbldb.com.[/QUOTE]
Oh sweet. Thanks for the website!

So im Planning on getting:

Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Hell Yeah
Mark of the Ninja
Walking Dead 2-5
Dust
Rock Band 3 GoD

And I should still have around 6000 ms pts left. :)

Would be cool if ANY mass effect DLC went on sale, or Asuras Wrath. So does anyone else have a Skyrim download code they would trade for MS pts?

[quote name='sixspeednissan']It would be a nice surprise if Minecraft was on sale at some point over the next two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Nice is a understatement. It would be fucking amazing if minecraft went on sale. It's the best selling XBLA title of all time dwarfing even Castle Crasher sales when that game first came out. All at a higher XBLA price to!

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Would be cool if ANY mass effect DLC went on sale, or Asuras Wrath. So does anyone else have a Skyrim download code they would trade for MS pts?[/QUOTE]

Asura's Wrath DLC would be awesome. Just got the game for 10 bucks from the Microsoft sale. I will not overpay for all that DLC, would be nice to be able to play it sooner though, so hopefully it shows up.

So if you download the first part of "The Walking Dead" when its free do you get to keep it forever? Or is it like the Playstation Plus where you only get to keep it for a limited time?

[quote name='ajh2298']So if you download the first part of "The Walking Dead" when its free do you get to keep it forever? Or is it like the Playstation Plus where you only get to keep it for a limited time?[/QUOTE]

You keep it forever...their trying to get people to try the first episode and then purchase the other episodes.

When I look at Adventure Time seasons on Xbox Live (darn them not having more then Season 1 on dvd yet), it displays "Sale" on the picture. When I look at prices, it's 240 for hd and 160 for standard.

Is this really a sale price? I looked at a few other shows and I think the above is standard pricing. The "sale" ends after the 19th so any expert advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Asura's Wrath DLC would be awesome. Just got the game for 10 bucks from the Microsoft sale. I will not overpay for all that DLC, would be nice to be able to play it sooner though, so hopefully it shows up.[/QUOTE]

I got the game for ten bucks from MS as well. The DLCs arent too much to begin with. Im getting them whether they go on sale or not since Im an achievement whore. Only three episodes have achievements and they cost 880 ms pts which isnt alot for three DLCs IMO. I wont play the other couple though unless they do go on sale.

Depends on what the prices are, but i'm pretty much in for....

Simpsons Arcade
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Deadlight
and possibly;ly some Skyrim DLC

Also, I can't express enough to people on the fence about FEZ. Do it. It's great.

bread's done
Back