Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an account with 820 msp on it and I wanted to get at least two games. I'll get Joe Danger for 400 and it would be nice if another 400 game pops up. I can get 100 msp from my bing but not sure how long that'll take. Anyone know?

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Out of what you listed, only Peggle Nights is on sale till the 31st. Dust and Deadlight are today only, and you already missed Hell Yeah.

On that note, does anybody think there's a possibility that they might do some sort of "last chance" deal where everything that was on sale during this period goes on sale for one final day, such as Jan. 1st? Haven't they done that in the past, or am I remembering incorrectly?[/QUOTE]

Yes they have, and I'm hoping they do again as I missed a couple earlier. They've also thrown in some unannounced games in the past and I'm hoping Banjo Kazooie ends up on sale sometime soon.

[quote name='freeza']Would anyone recommend Deadlight? I played the demo and it's pretty good, but a lot of reviews say the game falls apart after the first act, which is basically the demo.

Sometimes the demo is deceiving.[/QUOTE]

I got the game when it first released and loved every minute of it. I also read the reviews saying how it got old quick. I never felt that way about it. But if you think you might get bored of the art direction and the sidescrolling, it might not be for you. It certainly doesn't change it up.

I also highly recommend Dust.

So far with this sale I have gotten,
Super Meat Boy
Kinnect Party
Trine 2
Hell Yeah
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Midnight Club LA
Tony Hawk HD

And I plan on getting Trials Evolution, Borderlands 2 pass, and any Skyrim DLC that goes on sale. I also might get 1 or 2 of the family games depending on price.

[quote name='thundarr']Yes they have, and I'm hoping they do again as I missed a couple earlier. They've also thrown in some unannounced games in the past and I'm hoping Banjo Kazooie ends up on sale sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that they normally don't do "last chance" sales. I think you're thinking of Steam because they almost always do that for their big sales.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']How is the arcade version of crazy taxi? Is it like the dreamcast version I know and love? Does it have the actual licensed restaurants and music?[/QUOTE]

Gameplay wise it's the same...but unless it got patched it definitely didn't have the music and I'm pretty sure it didn't have KFC. I think it was the iOS version that came out later that did though which sort of rubbed it in XBLA's face (again, unless it was patched).

[quote name='sixspeednissan']How is the arcade version of crazy taxi? Is it like the dreamcast version I know and love? Does it have the actual licensed restaurants and music?[/QUOTE]

No, the licensed locations and music are all gone. Tower Records, Levi's, and KFC are nowhere to be found. The new music is also insultingly bad.

As everybody else said, the licensed locations and music is indeed gone. However, I will argue on behalf of the music. Sure, it's no Offspring or Bad Religion, but I didn't think the music was that bad. Granted I have an open mind when it comes to music and love discovering new bands, but I get the feeling I'm the only one that wasn't fully bothered by the license removal.

Probably helps I don't really have nostalgia goggles on when it comes to the dreamcast version (never owned one). Played it at the arcades a few time, but granted that was a rare occurence since I didn't often have money.

All I can say is, give it a chance, and if the music truly bothers you, there is always custom soundtracks.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Think I may grab Deadlight today... 7.50 isn't too bad for a game. Anyone else play it yet? Worth the money?[/QUOTE]

I got it when it first came out and I enjoyed it. It wasn't like AMAZING or anything but its very good for that price. Nice visuals and I like the overall tone and look of the game.

deadlight was my disappointment for the year

but if you're interested paying 7.50 isn't anything to lose sleep over if you don't like it

[quote name='cometcoil']seems like deadlight was a disappointment

how was dust?[/QUOTE]

I got Dust for free so I can't speak to the value of the game but it was fun. Never too challenging though.

I'd suggest reading IGN's review of Deadlight. They didn't seem to think the more annoying bits were enough to make the whole game a disappointment...in fact they still gave it an 8.5. Yes yes it's IGN, I know, still worth a read.

Really regretting missing Mark of the Ninja -- grabbed Dust and Deadlight today, was wanting to catch up my XLBA collection a bit on sale.

Oh well, being MS funded I'm hoping Mark show up again at some point in the future.

Thanks to all for the info on Deadlight. It's very tempting at that price. I think I will end up grabbing it anyway by the end of the day. The tone and art direction is very nice.

I know temptation will get the best of me. lol

[quote name='JKSonic']I'd suggest reading IGN's review of Deadlight. They didn't seem to think the more annoying bits were enough to make the whole game a disappointment...in fact they still gave it an 8.5. Yes yes it's IGN, I know, still worth a read.[/QUOTE]

I got bored after about an hour and never went back. I don't know what part of the game the demo is, but it gets sequentially worse every level after the first one.

I bought Deadlight. I watched a few YouTube reviews and it seems pretty good. I'm not sure about dust though. I'm still on the fence. I hated hybrid. I was in the beta and played it one time.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'd suggest reading IGN's review of Deadlight. They didn't seem to think the more annoying bits were enough to make the whole game a disappointment...in fact they still gave it an 8.5. Yes yes it's IGN, I know, still worth a read.[/QUOTE]

i can't take ryan mccaffrey seriously after that review

How do you even see these? The newer layout for the marketplace is horrible, i cant navigate crap. Im about to go try to get the gold for $2 to get Dust.. but i cant find these sales listed anywhere. Havent used marketplace in like a year. I swear each update makes the OS worse and worse

[quote name='Kenshindono']How do you even see these? The newer layout for the marketplace is horrible, i cant navigate crap. Im about to go try to get the gold for $2 to get Dust.. but i cant find these sales listed anywhere. Havent used marketplace in like a year. I swear each update makes the OS worse and worse[/QUOTE]

2 places first on the home tab look for "countdown to 2013" second go to game tab> browse games then on the featured tab agin look for "countdown to 2013"

[quote name='Kenshindono']How do you even see these? The newer layout for the marketplace is horrible, i cant navigate crap. Im about to go try to get the gold for $2 to get Dust.. but i cant find these sales listed anywhere. Havent used marketplace in like a year. I swear each update makes the OS worse and worse[/QUOTE]

These sales are open to everyone. No need to bother going gold.

[quote name='mebegod']2 places first on the home tab look for "countdown to 2013" second go to game tab> browse games then on the featured tab agin look for "countdown to 2013"[/QUOTE]

Please ignore the troll. This guy has trouble with very basic skills as you can see from his posts in many other threads. I think he is confusing Xbox Live with the changes that were just made to PSN.

[quote name='mebegod']2 places first on the home tab look for "countdown to 2013" second go to game tab> browse games then on the featured tab agin look for "countdown to 2013"[/QUOTE]

Thanks, found it... may i really miss the old setup. Just pushing the media button and going straight to the marketplace. It seems like getting to game content on the Xbox is becoming harder and harder, wtf is up with that?

anyway i never buy XBL games, theyre WAY overpriced, but Dust looked really interesting to me and i figure for $7 i'll just go ahead and bite

[quote name='angelfly']These sales are open to everyone. No need to bother going gold.[/QUOTE]

ya i think i noticed that but i still got the 2 months for $2. The OP says its gold members only. if thats wrong it should be updated.

[quote name='fantasyphil']Looks like the trials sale is going up. If you refresh the dlc goes on sale for 200 each, 50 percent off[/QUOTE]
speaking of, are both "Riders of Doom" and "Origin of Pain" worth getting?

[quote name='guyver2077']I'd be all over Crazy Taxi if they put the original music back in.

Heck.. the recent IOS release included them..[/QUOTE]
You can use custom soundtrack for all xbox games with the built in music player.

[quote name='guyver2077']I'd be all over Crazy Taxi if they put the original music back in.

Heck.. the recent IOS release included them..[/QUOTE]
Do you have an MP3 player? CD player? I'm all about original stuff but honestly the games soundtrack is about twelve minutes long, and gets old before your session is over anyway. I mean I know it enhances the experience but I'm just always baffled when nonoriginal soundtrack ends up being someone's tipping point in getting or not getting a game (how weak can a game be that a few missing songs are the tipping point? CT is still a great game and worth it even with the gimped ST)

[quote name='fantasyphil']Looks like the trials sale is going up. If you refresh the dlc goes on sale for 200 each, 50 percent off[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Evolution is up for 800. It is usually 1200, right?

Trials HD - 400 points
-- Big Thrills - 200 points
-- Big Pack - 200 points
Trials Evo - 800 points
-- Riders of Doom - 400 points
-- Origin of Pain - 200 points

Which of the Trials HD packs are worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, normal price for Evolution is 1200 so it's only 33% off. With all of the other deals so far I was expecting this one to be 50% off too. Would have been an insta-buy at 600, but now I have to think about it.

Also, Riders of Doom's normal price is 400, so it isn't discounted. But that isn't a big surprise since it was released only last week.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Yes, normal price for Evolution is 1200 so it's only 33% off. With all of the other deals so far I was expecting this one to be 50% off too. Would have been an insta-buy at 600, but now I have to think about it.[/QUOTE]

I've been planning to get it since it was known to be part of the sale, I'd have done it even if it was only discounted 100 points (I'd have been annoyed, but I would have bought it). Finally decided not to buy Deadlight, and I keep going back and forth on Dust - probably will remain undecided until it is too late to get it on sale.

[quote name='Skychrono']Trials HD - 400 points
-- Big Thrills - 200 points
-- Big Pack - 200 points
Trials Evo - 800 points
-- Riders of Doom - 400 points
-- Origin of Pain - 200 points

Which of the Trials HD packs are worth it?[/QUOTE]All of them but wait on Riders of Doom, by the time you work your way through the rest of the content it should be on sale at some point, if not 400 is its normal price point.

[quote name='parkerwilson']I though I had heard talks of black ops 2 season pass being on sale sometime, am I imagining things?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, big time. No way in HELL ( :evil:), Activision puts the season pass for their cash cow on sale this early, if at all.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Yeah, big time. No way in HELL ( :evil:), Activision puts the season pass for their cash cow on sale this early, if at all.[/QUOTE]

Must have been smoking something I didn't even know I was smoking that night.;)

[quote name='parkerwilson']Must have been smoking something I didn't even know I was smoking that night.;)[/QUOTE]

You might have been thinking of the borderlands 2 pass? It's coming up later in the countdown.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']I'm glad I got Fez on sale, instead of paying full price for it. I'm into platformers but this one just isn't my forte.[/QUOTE]

I got it too... and I'm kind of mixed on it. I don't really know why they're calling it a platformer because, yes - you do jump on blocks - but it's a puzzle game. The platform mechanics are bad if that's all it was relying on. I think calling this one a platformer is like calling Portal a FPS. But yeah, I agree... this game isn't worth more than $5... not too many games on XBLA are, though. Rocket Knight Adventures for $15?? lol

[quote name='DukeMagnem']I got it too... and I'm kind of mixed on it. I don't really know why they're calling it a platformer because, yes - you do jump on blocks - but it's a puzzle game. The platform mechanics are bad if that's all it was relying on. I think calling this one a platformer is like calling Portal a FPS. But yeah, I agree... this game isn't worth more than $5... not too many games on XBLA are, though. Rocket Knight Adventures for $15?? lol[/QUOTE]

It's got platformer traits, but yeah definetly more of a puzzle game. It's kind of a fresh mix, but it really didn't live up to what I was expecting. It reminded me of one of the Paper Mario games.

Fez didn't cut it with me. I will give it another chance but, it really didn't give me a rewarding feeling as a gamer, like beating Super Meat Boy. It really didn't stress or pressure me, which is essential for me. Super Meat Boy should have raised the bar for XBLA content.

bread's done
Back