Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']For those who bought rayman Origins for 800 points, how did you do that? When it was on sale it only gave me the option to pay with a credit card and not with points. I didn't buy it because I have plenty of points and didn't want to pay with a card.[/QUOTE]

There's an option to switch payment to microsoft points. x or y button on 360.

Prices for the 25th are now live, some great deals:

Hydro Thunder- 400 (66% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 (66% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 (60% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 (50% off)

does anyone know if for Borderlands 2 DLC will only the season pass be on sale or will the 2 individual DLC packs also be discounted. Just wondering since I got the Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage DLC when it was for free so not sure if buying the season pass is worth it anymore

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I kind of regret not buying Rayman origins the other day. Tomorrow is supposed to be Kinect games day, so did you see some rumors somewhere or something?[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the xbox dashboard. don't remember the exact wording but one of the days was labeled "missed deals"

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']You should not give a fuck. That's much easier.[/QUOTE]

You should leave this forum if you're going to act like a 12 year old.

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']You should not give a fuck. That's much easier.[/QUOTE]

And you should be sure to pick up your "Microsoft Points points."

No, he's right. There's a whole world of other words you could use to describe your feelings towards a game. Not all of us can share your simplified opinion if we don't agree that a game's sexuality is not of standard practice. Is it not a good game then?

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']I'll have to pick up some MSP points. Walking Dead is gay. Even for free. How the hell did this win GOTY at the VGAs?[/QUOTE]
You pay attention to the VGA's and you use the word gay as a way to describe something you dislike. You are the type of douche bag shows like that try and appeal to.

[quote name='bardockkun']You pay attention to the VGA's and you use the word gay as a way to describe something you dislike. You are the type of douche bag shows like that try and appeal to.[/QUOTE]

He's also the type that thinks saying someone has down syndrome is hilarious. So you know what you're dealing with here.

[quote name='Finch106']No, he's right. There's a whole world of other words you could use to describe your feelings towards a game. Not all of us can share your simplified opinion if we don't agree that a game's sexuality is not of standard practice. Is it not a good game then?[/QUOTE]

Well, in simple terms, it's disappointing. Sorry it's not easy for everyone to comprehend.

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']Well, in simple terms, it's disappointing. Sorry it's not easy for everyone to comprehend.[/QUOTE]

Sorry it's not easy for you to comprehend that gay =/= disappointing.

[quote name='confoosious']He's also the type that thinks saying someone has down syndrome is hilarious. So you know what you're dealing with here.[/QUOTE]
I Look forward to the inevitable banning.

[quote name='OregonFirefighter']You all say banning, cause I make a few jokes here and there and express my right to free speech. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]You are ignorant on so many levels.

[quote name='doodofdoods']There's an option to switch payment to microsoft points. x or y button on 360.[/QUOTE]

Shit, i feel dumb for not seeing this option. Hopefully rayman will return at the discounted price.

[quote name='confoosious']I saw it on the xbox dashboard. don't remember the exact wording but one of the days was labeled "missed deals"[/QUOTE]

On the dashboard it lists all the previous days deals, and labels them "Deals You Missed". Is this what you're seeing? I don't see anything on the dashboard about those deals actually being resurrected, and I really don't think it will happen.

[quote name='tylerh1701']On the dashboard it lists all the previous days deals, and labels them "Deals You Missed". Is this what you're seeing? I don't see anything on the dashboard about those deals actually being resurrected, and I really don't think it will happen.[/QUOTE]

Oh man. really? That sucks. I thought it was a "previous deals" thing. That's just xbox going "neener neener!" :lol:

my bad.

[quote name='Finch106']Also, what is the sale price of the episodes?[/QUOTE]

The other episodes aren't on sale till Friday. The post is just saying that the first episode is now free

[quote name='confoosious'] That's just xbox going "neener neener!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought too. Like, "Haha, you missed this deal".

But I'm sure there are some people out there who will see a game they missed that they wanted, then say "fuck It" and just buy it for full price anyway. So I guess I can understand why Xbox leaves them there.

The Walking Dead is awesome. I played it with my friends. They helped convince me to pick other choices, which lead to new branching paths.

It's why this game is so damn addictive and fun, it's very replayable, and with good writting, and pretty good acting, I'll be happy to go back

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's exactly what I thought too. Like, "Haha, you missed this deal".

But I'm sure there are some people out there who will see a game they missed that they wanted, then say "fuck It" and just buy it for full price anyway. So I guess I can understand why Xbox leaves them there.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - it would work the opposite for me. Knowing it was on sale for X points, means I'd never buy it unless it was back at X points or lower. But then I'm a CAG ;).

I am so curious to see what all the fuss is about for Walking Dead. I had just dismissed it as a zombie shooter game when it first came out so I had no interest. It seems that it is not that sort of thing... I believe I already have the first 2 episodes on PSN (they were free some time ago) and the first on the iPad (free a few days ago). My son wants me to get them on the 360 since he's a 360 fanboy, but since I have 2 on PSN I'll probably stick with that.

In for Hydro Thunder for 400.. been waiting for a drop on that game. The Dreamcast version of HT was the best IMO.. Will see for myself if this one has the same addictiveness..

I bought Hydro Thunder Hurricane at 400 Microsoft Points, which was just enough points that I had left, since I used most of the 1600 points I had for the second disc content for Forza 4 (had the Essentials Edition that came with my new Xbox 360 and wanted to pad my collection with more cars). I was a big fan of the original Hydro Thunder and this game feels true to the original, yet still fresh enough to be different. Vector Unit did a great job on this game, and their quality showed as well with their Android and iOS games Riptide GP, Shine Runner, and Beach Buggy Blitz. Honestly, there is little else that I want from this sale, if at all. Would have liked to see a discount on the Forza Horizon Season Pass, but oh well. That's fine, as I don't really want to spend too much at any one place. I was planning to buy the game at the original 1200 points, but I glad I read this topic beforehand. 400 points ($5) is an awesome price for an awesome game.

[quote name='Finch106']Also, what is the sale price of the episodes?[/QUOTE]

After the free Ep1, I think a ton of us are wondering the same thing...

[quote name='kdiddy1989']After the free Ep1, I think a ton of us are wondering the same thing...[/QUOTE]

I am hoping at worst 300/episode and at best 200. If there is no sale then I will just play the 2 episodes I have from PS+ and buy the last 3 for $15.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am hoping at worst 300/episode and at best 200. If there is no sale then I will just play the 2 episodes I have from PS+ and buy the last 3 for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same thing for me. Hope the sale is good so I can get it on 360 cheaper.

No interest in the physical disc anymore as I keep reading bad things about its performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking Dead should be played by EVERY ONE ASAP! I bought the disc version and could not put it down. All my ranting and raving eventually got my wife to play it and she too got hooked instantly. It manages to get you to care about the characters and what happens to them and forces you to make some tough decisions through the episodes that really make you stop and think "What would I do in this situation!?".

My favorite games this year are Dishonored, FarCry 3, Borderlands 2, and The Walking Dead. I know it makes me come off as a FPS nut but im actually not but all those games above were just so darn good. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the second season of The Walking Dead and cant wait to see where they go with the characters and such. BUY NOW!!! (Actually wait till the sale starts but you get the idea).

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am hoping at worst 300/episode and at best 200. If there is no sale then I will just play the 2 episodes I have from PS+ and buy the last 3 for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same thing for me. Hope the sale is good so I can get it on 360 cheaper.

No interest in the physical disc anymore as I keep reading bad things about its performance.

As far as the physical disc release and issues being reported, I can speak on at least the XBOX release. The only issue I encountered AT ALL was the maybe 1-2 seconds of skipping during the "Previous On" videos. Thats it, never a in game issue or dialog issue or anything.

Ep. 1 was amazing. Knocked it out in about 2 hours. Some hard choices and conversations that get you thinking. Can't wait until the episodes are on sale in a few days. Will be buying them all for sure. Just wish the episodes were longer.

Im really glad you liked it! Only cause the more ppl who purchase Season 1 will obviously constitute making more beyond even Season 2. Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS to every one! Hopefully every one has plans and family and friends to spend the day with. Dont worry about deals! hehe.

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

OP updated!

Still no solid answer about tomorrow? I have tons of points left, so hopefully something I'll like. I'm really liking the walking dead free episode. I played it this morning before my daughter woke up. I can't wait to get back in it.

bread's done
Back