Esurance.com is giving away 500 pairs of tix each day for Star Trek: Into Darkness!

Hmm. So the only real way to get around it is to get cash back from theatre? Like any other cards and since its at a theatre fandango can gfy!

[quote name='x360x']I also just got mine today and tried to buy a $31 amazon gift card and the payment was declined. It went through but the cancelation email came shortly after. If someone else can try theirs that would be good. I don't think I typed the numbers in wrong[/QUOTE]

Did you activate it at svcards.com before using it? Also, remember this is a Visa Debit card not Credit if it makes any difference.

[quote name='x360x']I also just got mine today and tried to buy a $31 amazon gift card and the payment was declined. It went through but the cancelation email came shortly after. If someone else can try theirs that would be good. I don't think I typed the numbers in wrong[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Planning to use it at the movies sunday and I hope it goes through.

[quote name='Jayrcee']Did you activate it at svcards.com before using it? Also, remember this is a Visa Debit card not Credit if it makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that. The site just tells you that it is activated and nothing about how much value is on it. One of the papers the card came with had a number to call to see the value but when I did that, it said the card has been activated and goodbye. Hopefully buying 2 movie tickets then putting the rest on a gift card works for me too

[quote name='Jayrcee']I tried to use it at a store and was unable to since it goes through as debit and you need a pin number.[/QUOTE]

So if you need a pin number how does it work at the theater?Do you hand them the card and how do they use it with out a pin number?

[quote name='mikepeluso']So if you need a pin number how does it work at the theater?Do you hand them the card and how do they use it with out a pin number?[/QUOTE]

At my theatre they swiped my card and it went right through (like a credit card, no PIN)... I wonder if maybe when the transaction is authorized its able to identify the type of transaction (Movie Theatre, Restaurant, Gas Station, etc.)??? I really have no idea how it would work at a theatre and not anywhere else...

Shibby! Just got my card in the mail. (Req on 5/18)

Btw for those with problems it says you need to activate and is only usable In a theatre that accepts visa pre paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back