EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was just coming here to mention that I received these. It's a shame coupons don't stack on the site, but nevertheless these aren't bad deals at all.

I wonder if the Extra 15% off applies to exactly two games or a minimum of two, as if it's the latter I'd cancel everything and re-order 3rd Birthday, P3P, and FFIV on the same order.

I finally received my copy of Tactics Ogre. It's very slightly smashed on two corners, but glad I don't have go through the whole self-declaration form and wait for another copy route.

[quote name='fwbweux']
I wonder if the Extra 15% off applies to exactly two games or a minimum of two, as if it's the latter I'd cancel everything and re-order 3rd Birthday, P3P, and FFIV on the same order.[/QUOTE]

It certainly appears to, I just cancelled and re-ordered all three as part of one order and the 15% off applied to all of them.

Knocked my total for the three from $131 to $111.

Well fuck. Zavvi made it look like all of my orders canceled successfully, so I created an order containing 3rd Birthday, P3P, and FFIV using the 15% off coupon. I just received an email telling me that my original 3rd Birthday order couldn't be canceled because it's already in processing even though the status is still "Awaiting Stock Pick" on the site. So now I have to cancel the order using the 15% off coupon or risk receiving two copies of 3rd Birthday, and that may not even cancel successfully anyway because of the presence of 3rd Birthday in that order as well. So I'm either fucked out of my 15% off my games or I'm receiving two copies of 3rd Birthday. Fantastic.

Zavvi's site design is complete and utter ass. I don't know of a single other site on the internet that makes you wait hours to receive email confirmation that your order has canceled successfully rather than doing it instantly when you're on the site. Amazon was still more advanced a decade ago.

I'm in the same boat. You might e-mail them and see if they're still willing to cancel it. I'm not too worried myself as I'm fairly confident I'll be able to sell the extra copy at cost.

According to various websites the game doesn't even come out until April 1. "Processing" an order a week in advance is either Zavvi's usual site design incompetence or an underhanded way to prevent people from making last minute cancellations.

Still, nevertheless, I'll contact them even though their CSRs have thus far proven themselves to be incapable of, well, anything if CAG experiences are per the norm. Although I'm thinking that I'd rather take the extra 3rd Birthday than lose my 15% discount on the other games as I'm also fairly confident that I can recoup the cost of the extra. I'm just going to wait and see if this latest cancellation is bounced back as unsuccessful or not before contacting anyone.

[quote name='fwbweux']Zavvi's site design is complete and utter ass. I don't know of a single other site on the internet that makes you wait hours to receive email confirmation that your order has canceled successfully rather than doing it instantly when you're on the site. Amazon was still more advanced a decade ago.[/QUOTE]

+1

I still cant even get an order to go through, starting to drive me insane since I really wanted that Dissidia LE. :(

Worst possible result. Their shitty system canceled the P3P and FFIV from my order but not 3rd Birthday (even though I chose the option to attempt canceling the ENTIRE order on their site as opposed to canceling individual items in the order), meaning that I'm both stuck with TWO copies of the game AND screwed on my 15% discount. I'm definitely getting in contact with a CSR tomorrow, even though it'll do me no good. If they're not helpful, do I just accept this and try to resell the game or do I have any other courses of action? I have little experience in escalating disputes with companies, much less foreign companies.

I was never particularly perturbed over the bubble mailer issue, but I definitely have to find a site that's better than Zavvi now. They and their stone-age website have caused me nothing but grief.

[quote name='fwbweux']Worst possible result. Their shitty system canceled the P3P and FFIV from my order but not 3rd Birthday (even though I chose the option to attempt canceling the ENTIRE order on their site as opposed to canceling individual items in the order), meaning that I'm both stuck with TWO copies of the game AND screwed on my 15% discount. I'm definitely getting in contact with a CSR tomorrow, even though it'll do me no good. If they're not helpful, do I just accept this and try to resell the game or do I have any other courses of action? I have little experience in escalating disputes with companies, much less foreign companies.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I probably could have warned you that would be what happened to the big order, should have been more proactive.

I'm not sure you have a case to make against them considering there's a big warning on the cancellation page warning that exactly this might happen. I mean it's worth a try talking to them but I think you're probably stuck with it. I don't think you'll have much trouble flipping it though.

[quote name='bvharris']Sorry, I probably could have warned you that would be what happened to the big order, should have been more proactive.

I'm not sure you have a case to make against them considering there's a big warning on the cancellation page warning that exactly this might happen. I mean it's worth a try talking to them but I think you're probably stuck with it. I don't think you'll have much trouble flipping it though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what I did was a gamble. I was aware of the warning but for some reason I was hopeful that an order placed for a copy of 3rd Birthday wouldn’t instantly become “processing” the second it’s ordered, though apparently the last bit of faith I had that their site could do something right was misplaced. What a joke that it takes hours to cancel an order but only a second for an order to begin being "processed" by them after being placed.

If you order too much, sell the extra copies to me :p

I'd rather by it off someone who hasn't had issues putting an order through than deal with their PoS CS.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If you order too much, sell the extra copies to me :p

I'd rather by it off someone who hasn't had issues putting an order through than deal with their PoS CS.[/QUOTE]

Assuming I get both my copies without issue I plan to sell my extra for cost+shipping, I'll mention it in the thread when that time comes.

man my credit card was hacked so I had to cancel it. But i cant change my credit card information on the zavvi site to resolve the issue. I added my new CC but both FF and third birthday wont ship because of this error.

Every time I try to press the resolve error button it just brings me to a blank zavvi page. I ordered tactics ogre, dissidum and parasite eve with the 15% off.

dont want my order canceled because of that 15% off coupon i used, but its lame that I cant change my CC since my old one is canceled.

[quote name='Cheska19']I can't resist Aya and her pretty box.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to ask you to shift into man thinking mode for a second and read that post again. :lol:

FYI, That's exactly how I feel as well though. ;)

I just got home from a weekend trip and my latest order from Zavvi was waiting for me when I got here. It was actually shipped in a box this time.

This shipment was the Prince of Persia Trilogy. The box they used was just relatively light cardboard, about the size of a PSP CE box or so. No internal bubbling or other packing materials. So either they are changing a bit or they don't actually ship everything in bubble mailers. That said, I'm not sure whether their bubble mailers are more or less protective than this box.

zavvi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scott_matthews']I just got home from a weekend trip and my latest order from Zavvi was waiting for me when I got here. It was actually shipped in a box this time.

This shipment was the Prince of Persia Trilogy. The box they used was just relatively light cardboard, about the size of a PSP CE box or so. No internal bubbling or other packing materials. So either they are changing a bit or they don't actually ship everything in bubble mailers. That said, I'm not sure whether their bubble mailers are more or less protective than this box.

zavvi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Maybe the PSP special editions are too fat to fit in those boxes?

[quote name='Vinny']Maybe the PSP special editions are too fat to fit in those boxes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they definitely are too thick. This box is about the same dimension as the Dragon Age Origins collector's edition steelbooks - about 1/4 inch wider than a regular DVD case and a little over an inch or so taller.

[quote name='dv8mad']I'm going to have to ask you to shift into man thinking mode for a second and read that post again. :lol:

FYI, That's exactly how I feel as well though. ;)[/QUOTE]
this made me really laugh :lol:

Question:
Want to order the Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition, do you just put the city and state in the line under the address?

never ordered from Zavvi before.
thx in advance

also where do u get the 15% off coupon?

[quote name='shrike4242']Has anyone received their Yakzua 4 Steelbook and played it without issue?[/QUOTE]

I received mine in about a week with no issues. Game works fine but had to redeem the dlc with a uk account.

[quote name='shrike4242']Has anyone received their Yakzua 4 Steelbook and played it without issue?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine yesterday. Arrived in perfect condition. Can't wait to dive into it this weekend.

[quote name='adriley313']Question:
Want to order the Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition, do you just put the city and state in the line under the address?

never ordered from Zavvi before.
thx in advance

also where do u get the 15% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

The 15% off coupon was part of an exclusive coupon set sent out to repeat Zavvi customers last week. The codes from that e-mail are all single-use though. You should still be able to use the Fiveroff code that takes 5 GBP off a 50 GBP order.

Thanks for the thread OP but Zavvi ended up being worthless for me, I'll post a quick synopsis of my story here so people can decide if they want to go through the hassle. I ordered several games to get the fiveroff50 but after receiving the two older games I ordered they decided that my credit card number was incorrect for the 3rd birthday pre-order. I tried several browsers but no matter what I did the resolve link would take me to a blank page after which I would have to sign in again.

I can't call them without an international calling plan so Jordan from customer service recommended that I cancel my order. I was so PO'd that If I wouldn't have ended up paying more to send back the games they already shipped me I probably would have done so. I'm not going to do business with a company that can't even attempt to help their customers so they are now in my spam folder.

Dissidia 012 LE came in today. Perfect condition as it came in a box. Don't know if that's typical when they ship to Japan, but no bubble mailer on this end. Waiting for 3rd Birthday still.

I'm waiting for my copy of Dissidia to come in. I'm going to try and sell just the game and the code as I want the America version of the game because of the DLC restrictions (can't use UK DLC with US game and vice versa).

[quote name='kikoman']Has anyone gotten the Dissidia dlc codes to work?[/QUOTE]

Haven't opened mine since I don't even have my PSP yet. But, I was under the impression that they didn't work due to region?

Ah yeah you're right. I had to create a new EU PSN ID on my PS3 to just download the DLC. Then I transferred them over to my PSP and now it works fine

I've recently ordered a couple of things off Zavvi/TheHut, but have no clue as to where people are getting all these 15%/5off50 coupons from.

Sidenote, evil bubble mailer is evil. Lesson learned.

Be great if the OP could also include games that doesn't make it Stateside. Be it CE or not.

[quote name='popaloo']I've recently ordered a couple of things off Zavvi/TheHut, but have no clue as to where people are getting all these 15%/5off50 coupons from.

Sidenote, evil bubble mailer is evil. Lesson learned.

Be great if the OP could also include games that doesn't make it Stateside. Be it CE or not.[/QUOTE]

I have no problems doing that. I shall start working on a list. I do expect everyone's help too though. :cool:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I have no problems doing that. I shall start working on a list. I do expect everyone's help too though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for this thread Vendetta. Instantly became and has stayed one of my absolute favorites (despite my wallet's constant protests).

Can someone hook me up with a code for Zavvi? Anything that'll help. PM me please.

Want to order Lord of Arcana and Tactics Ogre. This is one of the best threads on CAG right now!

I'm new to the thread, but I had two questions.

I am interested in the 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition, will this be playable on my US PSP-1000?

Also, has anyone heard if the FEAR 3 UK Collector's/Limited Edition ever was announced for the US? Or a place to preorder it online that ships to the US?

All PSPs are region free for games. Movies aren't, though. :) I've ordered 3rd Birthday from Zavvi. (I tried to go an order a second one and it wouldn't accept my paypal the second time -- any way to fix that?)

bread's done
Back