Extreme YMMV: TRU Xbox One Games $0.02

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Last night during my shift at TRU my manager had a bunch of Xbox One launch games pulled aside to "look into" For whatever reason the vanilla versions of

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

are ringing up for $0.02 in the system. He obviously wouldn't let me buy them, and I'm not sure if its a glitch in our system or if its company wide. Their website still lists these titles for their original or sale price. 

I was going to hit up the local Toys R Us today knowing they had a bunch in stock from being there just days prior, but some guy who runs a shady game/pawn shop already cleared out the .02 cent games and is reselling them for $25 each. Bastard, lol.

Thanks anyway, OP.
Just wondering, how do you know it was this guy?

Pretty sure the fat bastard that lives in monroeville, pa cleared these all out just like he did the rockband and guitar hero bundles when they were $20 a pop. Not going to waste my time....*fat bastard*

Pretty sure he is a cag because he yelled at me for calling him out lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Ryse better than the reviewers say because the reviews were pretty awful for it. I think the average score is like 6 out of 10 for reviews.
Its a great game. Every game doesn't have to be super complex to enjoy. Campaign can be finished in 5 hours or so, multiplayer is fun. Achievements are easily attainable if that's your thing. Def recommend at even $20. Any game is worth 2 cents though.

I was always taught that if you do find them, and they ring up for .02, they have to sell them to you for that price.

I know that is actually a law in Michigan and Mass.

Same goes for advertised prices, unless a disclaimer or modification has been posted/printed in response.

Though, some things aren't worth fighting for.

(Was at a pizza place recently, bread sticks on their marquee above the counter, and on their menu flyers say $2, but they were $4 on check out. Apparent the price was just raised that week, but the menus/marquee had not been updated.... kind of wish I asked to speak to a manager, but I was just to damn hungry)

Pretty sure the fat bastard that lives in monroeville, pa cleared these all out just like he did the rockband and guitar hero bundles when they were $20 a pop. Not going to waste my time....*fat bastard*

Pretty sure he is a cag because he yelled at me for calling him out lol
Which fat bastard? There are a few fat bastard hoarders around here, including the guy that runs Warp Zone in Greensburg and a slew of flea marketeers.

I was always taught that if you do find them, and they ring up for .02, they have to sell them to you for that price.

I know that is actually a law in Michigan and Mass.

Same goes for advertised prices, unless a disclaimer or modification has been posted/printed in response.

Though, some things aren't worth fighting for.

(Was at a pizza place recently, bread sticks on their marquee above the counter, and on their menu flyers say $2, but they were $4 on check out. Apparent the price was just raised that week, but the menus/marquee had not been updated.... kind of wish I asked to speak to a manager, but I was just to damn hungry)
That law isn't that they HAVE to sell them to you, but if they DO sell them to you, it has to be at whatever price it rings up at.

Which fat bastard? There are a few fat bastard hoarders around here, including the guy that runs Warp Zone in Greensburg and a slew of flea marketeers.
On a related note, why do all hoarders seem to be fat bastards with beards? Weird.

Its a great game. Every game doesn't have to be super complex to enjoy. Campaign can be finished in 5 hours or so, multiplayer is fun. Achievements are easily attainable if that's your thing. Def recommend at even $20. Any game is worth 2 cents though.
I meant from the standpoint that I can't get a 2 cent copy. Obviously for 2 cents I'll try any game.

They only sold me 1 Dead Rising 3 and 1 Forza 5. Then took the rest away. :( [attachment=10751:Screenshot_2014-12-20-10-12-23.png]

They only sold me 1 Dead Rising 3 and 1 Forza 5. Then took the rest away. :(
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_2014-12-20-10-12-23.png
Just be happy you got those a lot of us can't get any of them.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12346113" timestamp="1419100100"]How much success have people had with this? I'll
Be near a couple TRUs later today but wondering if it is worth the effort...[/quote]
I went to my local in Houston and was able to get Forza 5. Like most people are saying it was behind the GOTY version.

Anyone willing to trade a DR3 for my Forza 5?

So I just bought ryse day one edition and it rang up at $59.99 but dead rising 3 rang up at .02. Did I grab the wrong Ryse?
The version of Ryse that rings up $0.02 is the regular generic packaging (no 'Day One Edition' or 'Legendary Edition' packaging).

How much success have people had with this? I'll
Be near a couple TRUs later today but wondering if it is worth the effort...
It sounds like that most people who have managed to find the games in stock have been able to get them, with some stores refusing to sell them. It's going to depend on who rings up the games, with the games likely locked up in the case not giving a choice on cashiers. The manager got the games for me and I thought he was going to not allow it but handed it to another another employee at the video game cash registers, who looked like they might be seasonal because they were wearing a t-shirt rather than the normal red polo shirt most employees wear.

That law isn't that they HAVE to sell them to you, but if they DO sell them to you, it has to be at whatever price it rings up at.
I thought the law was if you are making the purchase and it rings up at that price.

They can't change the price or deny the sale at the point of transaction.

I thought the law was if you are making the purchase and it rings up at that price.
They can't change the price or deny the sale at the point of transaction.
In Michigan if you get a picture of the screen showing that it shows 2 cents and they refuse to sell it to you, you can send a copy of the picture to the department of agriculture and they either will have to honor the price or they can be fined $200 per instance of which the award goes directly to the consumer and they would also be setup to be audited which is a complete nightmare for the retailer as they audit one store and multiply the fine by the amount of stores that they have in the state. Now how they can get around this and be in compliance is sell you one copy and pull the rest off of the shelf until the price can be adjusted. I have dealt with this process personally on the store side of it. I think it is crazy to go through for a game and it does still cost tax payers money to perform the audit and to file the paperwork but each there own. And if they put up a disclaimer in a highly visible area they do not have to sell it to you and there is no penalty. Hopefully that sheds some light on it for Michigan folks but this will vary in every state.

I found copies of Dead Rising and Forza at two separate locations in South Florida. Both refused to sell me any copies and promptly removed them from the shelves. I tried a 3rd TRU and it have nothing. :( 

The .02 games are meant to be destroyed. If they are .03 that means they are meant to be donated to charity. They are simply going to throw these games in a compactor and say sayonara. The started this program about 3 months ago.

Nobody is going to get fired for selling these items. These games are not the only thing on their lists. They may receive an email showing that they had sold some items. But, that is only an indication that their district manager knows they have not completed the project yet.
Great information. Do you know how frequently these items are being marked down to 2 cents? Also, I assume you don't know any others that have been marked down?

For those having difficulty getting the $0.02 games, buy some other cheap game, like :360: Battlefield 4 or :360: Call of Duty Ghost for $9.99 right now, a lot of them will be more willing to let you get the $0.02 games since they see your just going for a good deal especially for Christmas shopping.

I found copies of Dead Rising and Forza at two separate locations in South Florida. Both refused to sell me any copies and promptly removed them from the shelves. I tried a 3rd TRU and it have nothing. :(
What part of South Florida? I'm in south Miami, I'm wondering if I should bothering going. Most likely the Toys R US on US1 and 67th ave.

For those having difficulty getting the $0.02 games, buy some other cheap game, like :360: Battlefield 4 or :360: Call of Duty Ghost for $9.99 right now, a lot of them will be more willing to let you get the $0.02 games since they see your just going for a good deal especially for Christmas shopping.
I hope that works for other people, because I tried that and got nothin'. Walked out with COD: Ghosts and salty tears.

I hope that works for other people, because I tried that and got nothin'. Walked out with COD: Ghosts and salty tears.

11ty003.jpg

Your doing it wrong brah; don't get more than one as they will definitely shoot you down if you try walking out with 20 copies, then show you are surprised by the price when they notice and be emotive right away and put a joyful expression and say "sweet! this is an amazing deal for my little brother's Christmas present! Thank you so much for brighting little Timmy's day!!"

BTW, Battlefield 4 Strategy Guide is free when you buy any version of the Battlefield 4 game.

Absolutely destroyed the toys r us on us1 and 80th street. Got 10 copies of Ryse. Went to like 5 others and only got 3 total copies of dead rising. Overall, it was a pretty good haul. All the cashiers were like "man that's a steal" lol

Absolutely destroyed the toys r us on us1 and 80th street. Got 10 copies of Ryse. Went to like 5 others and only got 3 total copies of dead rising. Overall, it was a pretty good haul. All the cashiers were like "man that's a steal" lol
Could I buy a copy for $10 shipped off you by any chance? Ryse. My sorry Toys RU Us only had the Legendary Edition.

bread's done
Back