Extreme YMMV: TRU Xbox One Games $0.02

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Last night during my shift at TRU my manager had a bunch of Xbox One launch games pulled aside to "look into" For whatever reason the vanilla versions of

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

are ringing up for $0.02 in the system. He obviously wouldn't let me buy them, and I'm not sure if its a glitch in our system or if its company wide. Their website still lists these titles for their original or sale price. 

Absolutely destroyed the toys r us on us1 and 80th street. Got 10 copies of Ryse. Went to like 5 others and only got 3 total copies of dead rising. Overall, it was a pretty good haul. All the cashiers were like "man that's a steal" lol
I'd be willing to buy one of those copies of Ryse off of you as well if you are interested.

Went into the busiest Toysrus I've ever been to in a part of town I've never been to (was picking up some White Gold Wireless Headsets). Got 3 copies of Dead Rising 3 and Pokemon as a filler. The girl at the register immediately called for a manager who told us they need to be donated and can not be sold. He did offer to sell it to !e for $35 for all three but of course I said no.

Waste of time but glad others got it.

Surprised people are getting copies!

I've had success with previous things like this at Toys R Us. But there were none out on the shelves and I went the day of this post.

I even had them look through the 5-15 games in the stack to make that there wasn't a vanilla one hiding in the back.

How your guys toys r us still has these... Ill never know!

LOL

Told my friend (28 years old) about this deal so he brought his mother to TRU, pointed her the games he wants, he then walked out the store and waited inside the car. His mom came back with 2x copies of DR3, 2x copies of Ryse, 2x copies of Forza. His mom said at first they didn't want to sell those games to her at that price, but she said it will make her little boy happy for xmas lol.

Shoot imma bring my mom tonight lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tried getting Ps4 copies of the games? I wonder if they'll ring up as .02.

Sorry guys, I'd probably just be looking for trades right now

Anyone tried getting Ps4 copies of the games? I wonder if they'll ring up as .02.

Sorry guys, I'd probably just be looking for trades right now
I've been looking for the PS4 versions of Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza for months. They must just be hard to find beause I'm in Guam.

Last edited:
Anyone still finding these? Thinking of stopping by a TRU. But if it's too late then no use wasting my gas.
Here at Staten Island New York. You could still get Ryse at 0.2¢ & they have multiple copies available. The only trouble I had was that I need to purchase something cheap. So I bought gum.

I've been looking for the PS4 versions of Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza for months. They must just be hard to find beause I'm in Guam.
Lol I just realized they're all X1 exclusives. Had a few drinks last night, so I'll just blame it on that.

Went to a few Toys R Us expresses and found out they don't sell video games, only one had a few 360 titles. Tried to price match at Best Buy and Target, no luck though.

Overall, pretty good haul. I think it's more just the fun of the hunt, as opposed to actually having the games.

Thanks OP!

Lol I just realized they're all X1 exclusives. Had a few drinks last night, so I'll just blame it on that.

Went to a few Toys R Us expresses and found out they don't sell video games, only one had a few 360 titles. Tried to price match at Best Buy and Target, no luck though.

Overall, pretty good haul. I think it's more just the fun of the hunt, as opposed to actually having the games.

Thanks OP!
I'd love to see the looks on the employees faces when you tried to price match that...you must have had strong drinks to think that would actually work

I'd love to see the looks on the employees faces when you tried to price match that...you must have had strong drinks to think that would actually work
Really. The remarks, looks, reactions I got when PMing the Sears Wii Remotes were bad enough, I couldn't imagine trying to PM 2 cent games.

Really. The remarks, looks, reactions I got when PMing the Sears Wii Remotes were bad enough, I couldn't imagine trying to PM 2 cent games.
I got lucky and found a Sears with the remotes in stock and they adjusted the price to match the website no issue...glad I didn't have to try my luck at Walmart for them. I did strike out on the $3.99 nunchucks though

I ordered a couple of copies of each of the games from TRU.com for return/rebuy attempts.  Worked great with most of the clearance from earlier in the year.  If they send me the updated versions I'll just return them as I'll be stopping by there next week anyway...

I ordered a couple of copies of each of the games from TRU.com for return/rebuy attempts. Worked great with most of the clearance from earlier in the year. If they send me the updated versions I'll just return them as I'll be stopping by there next week anyway...
I thought about that.

I thought long and hard about this and the only explanation is - MS threw money and bought all the PS4 copues ever made, especially in Guam. Come stateside, we'll get you 3 copies of each.

[quote name="Chuck Stank" post="12344532" timestamp="1419040225"]Thanks Captain Obvious, I think we figured it out by now.[/quote]
Thanks Private Doesn'tContribute, you are dismissed.

Found a DR3, I'll continue looking for the other two to pad my nephew's Christmas.

11ty003.jpg

Your doing it wrong brah; don't get more than one as they will definitely shoot you down if you try walking out with 20 copies, then show you are surprised by the price when they notice and be emotive right away and put a joyful expression and say "sweet! this is an amazing deal for my little brother's Christmas present! Thank you so much for brighting little Timmy's day!!"

BTW, Battlefield 4 Strategy Guide is free when you buy any version of the Battlefield 4 game.
I actually grabbed one copy of each and expressed my disbelief at the price. I pulled a "What's going on? I just want to buy my games and go home to my family" when all the attendants were coming by and trying to figure out what to do. When the girl at the register said they have to call the manager, I actually thought I might've had a chance. But then he took a look at the copies, front and back, as if they were going to hold an answer as to why they were ringing up as 2 cents. He found nothing and gave me what sums to a big old "No."

Fellow MI CAG here. Just left the TRU on Washtenaw in A2, and it was picked clean lol
I was there yesterday, but looking for a NECA Alien Queen!

Some asshole threw a goddamn football OVER THE AISLES and it beamed me in the head. I should've gone to the store and pressed charges for getting hurt in their store. Wasn't a NERF football, was a full-on football. Head still hurts a bit a day later.

I actually grabbed one copy of each and expressed my disbelief at the price. I pulled a "What's going on? I just want to buy my games and go home to my family" when all the attendants were coming by and trying to figure out what to do. When the girl at the register said they have to call the manager, I actually thought I might've had a chance. But then he took a look at the copies, front and back, as if they were going to hold an answer as to why they were ringing up as 2 cents. He found nothing and gave me what sums to a big old "No."
Ouch you got a tough store then. First place was surprised by the price but shrugged off as a leftover from the Summer Clearance sale, second one was wowed and told me too stay quiet about the price, third one didn't care.

Anyway, I checked Bell Gardens TRU today and found a lone Forza Motorsport 5 on the shelf, bought it right away. Dude helping me get it wondered why I didn't get the GOTYE version instead, I told him the cover was ugly like the Batman Arkham City cover. The lines in store were annoyingly long but worth it.

For those having difficulty getting the $0.02 games, buy some other cheap game, like :360: Battlefield 4 or :360: Call of Duty Ghost for $9.99 right now, a lot of them will be more willing to let you get the $0.02 games since they see your just going for a good deal especially for Christmas shopping.
Did you get any around Orange County???

Well, from time to time the sun shines on a dogs ass, and I was luckily the dog today...was really looking for Forza for my son as he is all into cars (and would actually know all of them and the mods) but was able to get Rise and DR3 for 3 cents....and thanked the clerk for not being a dick and trying to tell me no. He pulled the rest and told me that since they didn't catch it and do their job, he wouldn't try to stop me from buying them!

Nice and fair.....just not cool that they have to destroy them or whatever...I would have paid $10

I told him I just wanted a copy of each for myself, and didn't a want to try and "get them all" ....bad mojo

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there yesterday, but looking for a NECA Alien Queen!

Some asshole threw a goddamn football OVER THE AISLES and it beamed me in the head. I should've gone to the store and pressed charges for getting hurt in their store. Wasn't a NERF football, was a full-on football. Head still hurts a bit a day later.
I'd call and complain. As many cameras they have in stores nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me if it was caught on film. I wouldn't call the store, but 1-800-TOYSRUS.

Just make sure you check all of them, the games may be hidden behind those copies.
Exactly what happened with all 3 games at one location. Picked up 1 of each and then the front end supervisor called over for electronics to check all Xbox One games for more and pull them. Thanks DaddyBoJangles!

Just saw a guy get shot down on Ryse. Walked in and heard the employee stick to his guns that he could not sell it at that price and that the .02 meant that it had to be recycled. I couldn't tell for sure but it sounded like he got a price check there in the game section rather than taking it to the counter. Also might have been trying to get all 4 copies. On the bright side, I was able to pick up X11 COD Ghosts for $9.99.

bread's done
Back