Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

[quote name='OzCatter']I guess I'm an idiot, where is the book place in the market?[/QUOTE]

Its the open store to the right as soon as you walk into the Market

[quote name='Trakan']I'm pretty sure she has to be a whore who will ask you for sex. You can give the thumbs up then.

Please don't compare this game to Oblivion. It hurts my soul.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There should be no comparison to TESO. They are totally different games.

[quote name='Trakan']Please don't compare this game to Oblivion. It hurts my soul.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's extremely insulting to Fable II. :cool:

How is online co-op, for anybody who's tried it? I'm curious if it's the same as local co-op (same screen, just online) or if it's different (which I doubt).

[quote name='pimpinc333']Anyone know how to Divorce your old lady?[/quote]

I think you just have to piss her off enough. My 1st wife was killed. I married my 2nd wife shortly after you gave me a gift. Then looked at my family, and it said Jen (1st wife) wanted/needed sex. Get there and bandits killers her, BASTARDS!

Edit: And it figures, 2 times unprotected sex, 2 children. Though 1st one was taken into custody.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think you just have to piss her off enough. My 1st wife was killed. I married my 2nd wife shortly after you gave me a gift. Then looked at my family, and it said Jen (1st wife) wanted/needed sex. Get there and bandits killers her, BASTARDS!

Edit: And it figures, 2 times unprotected sex, 2 children. Though 1st one was taken into custody.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happend to me. First wife was the one from the quest. I now have 2 wives. Both live down the street from eachother. They start yelling at each other if you bring them near each other.

Also where do you get the things to put in the weapons. The augmentations(SP?). I was going to put some in the sword from halo but can't find where to get them.

[quote name='RudyPants']How is online co-op, for anybody who's tried it? I'm curious if it's the same as local co-op (same screen, just online) or if it's different (which I doubt).[/quote]

yep its the same. The person joining is the henchman joining the game is the henchman.
It was kind of lame. I doubt anybody would want to be the henchman online.

If you and your friends are playing by alone, you can run into each other in the form of orbs. It's just another way you can join a game,but it's also the only way you can gift items to your friends.

I just got this really weird and funny message in the game. It said something like there are many women's asses you can move into now or something like that.

[quote name='destinywaste']How do I have sex with a girl without getting married to her? :cry:[/quote]

[quote name='Trakan']I'm pretty sure she has to be a whore who will ask you for sex. You can give the thumbs up then.[/quote]

Either this, or you can pickup a book from the Book Store to get the "Come Hither" expression. This will ask the girl to come back to your place. She will either agree or say something like she wants to wait until marriage.

So what type of skills are you guys going with? As of now I'm going with Force Push and the one that confuses them and makes them attack each other. Thought I would go for a Jedi type thing but it doesn't work as well unless you take the lightning but that is more Sith then Jedi. Don't know why I'm doing this. I might play it again and go all evil and I will pick more randome stuff then.

[quote name='flop']yep its the same. The person joining is the henchman joining the game is the henchman.
It was kind of lame. I doubt anybody would want to be the henchman online.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was a bit upset when my friend and I tried the online co-op. I thought you would be able to bring over your character to a friend's universe, but you are forced to pick from some generic characters and weapons. Incredibly, incredibly weak.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just got this really weird and funny message in the game. It said something like there are many women's asses you can move into now or something like that.[/quote]

Where would you put all the furniture?

The game is awesome and I loved seeing my friends running around near where I was and talking to them.
Is it me or at the beginning are they alluding to my sister trying to be turned into a prostitute?

[quote name='shieryda']Where would you put all the furniture?[/quote]

Speaking of furniture, how do you buy furniture? I can't figure it out. I go to the furniture store, and it just gives me info. I can't get anything else.

How great is this game everyone? Did it live up to the hype? I bought it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Been really busy writing up lab reports and studying>_

[quote name='KingBroly']Speaking of furniture, how do you buy furniture? I can't figure it out. I go to the furniture store, and it just gives me info. I can't get anything else.[/QUOTE]

You have to talk to the furniture clerk to buy it. Whats in the store is just for looks.

[quote name='DarkRider23']How great is this game everyone? Did it live up to the hype? I bought it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Been really busy writing up lab reports and studying>_

[quote name='DarkRider23']How great is this game everyone? Did it live up to the hype? I bought it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Been really busy writing up lab reports and studying>_

[quote name='Poor2More']If Peter Molyneux is attached to the project, then no it would never live up to the hype[/quote]

Peter Molyneux is the one video game developer you should never take seriously. Just gotta love his interview where he's talking about the dog all the time. Just great.

Having fun, though graphic glitches and glitchy loading still annoying.

Unlike most of you, I always play as the bad guy. The thing is, while I'm evil as hell, killing people and what not, I cannot find out how to become corrupted. Its kinda funny. I'm max evil, but my pure/corrupt bar is more on the pure side.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Peter Molyneux is the one video game developer you should never take seriously. Just gotta love his interview where he's talking about the dog all the time. Just great.[/quote]

What's nice though is, just like the first game, it's great despite the let down! :)

[quote name='fart_bubble']Where is the Archaeologist?[/quote]

I can't remember what the area is called exactly, but when you are in the market area of Bowerstone head past the barbershop going away from the market square and you'll come to an area with gardens. As soon as you enter go to the little area to the right and there should be a big pit of men digging and standing outside of it is the archeologist. She's there day and night I believe so go there anytime.

I hope that helps!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I can't remember what the area is called exactly, but when you are in the market area of Bowerstone head past the barbershop going away from the market square and you'll come to an area with gardens. As soon as you enter go to the little area to the right and there should be a big pit of men digging and standing outside of it is the archeologist. She's there day and night I believe so go there anytime.

I hope that helps![/QUOTE]

thanks. I'm already about to
get on the boat after you fight in the 8 level tower
and I had never found her

Heh, looks like I was right.

Got most of the achievements, finished it, and did most of the side quests in under 20 hours. Still very enjoyable, but a bit short. The main quest was forgettable and boring, it's the other parts of the game that shine.

I think I've put in somewhere close to 10ish hours in the game, probably more. Not really doing too much on the main quest.
Just got to the part where the Hero of Will is kidnapped

I've just been running around and doing jobs and killing people. Damn Blacksmithing job drove me insane, but I've maxed it out. Gone throw like 3 or 4 wives, only one is still living, killed one and the other one was killed. My guy looks horrible. He's overweight and ugly. Going to work on that before I continue the main quest.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I think I've put in somewhere close to 10ish hours in the game, probably more. Not really doing too much on the main quest.
Just got to the part where the Hero of Will is kidnapped

I've just been running around and doing jobs and killing people. Damn Blacksmithing job drove me insane, but I've maxed it out. Gone throw like 3 or 4 wives, only one is still living, killed one and the other one was killed. My guy looks horrible. He's overweight and ugly. Going to work on that before I continue the main quest.[/QUOTE]

My guy is weird looking as well. He has Neon Blue going through his veins. It's prolly because I accidentally keep hit my Magic Button. I don't even use magic all too much and my guy seems to become a mage looking creep. :(

Concerning the end game choice (minor and major spoilered):
If anyone was wondering what the "evil" choice does at the end of the game it is as follows:
You simply get 1,000,000 gold and you no longer get your dog. oh, and everyone's love/hate meter goes to hate for you.

Game took about 15-20 hours to beat doing some side quests and getting married.

I searched the thread and didn't see it on here. How does sex work? When I started out, as a female, I accidentally got someone following me around in the gypsy camp. All I wanted to do was sleep, but he wanted to hump! I didn't have the dismiss command at the time (I don't think), so I had to keep being mean til he left so I could sleep instead of have sex!

And now I found a nice lesbian chick, got her obsessed with me, red heart, begging for a ring, yet she won't have sex with me. The only option I get is "sleep". For experimentation sake, I got a guy to follow me and all that jazz as well, trying to emulate the original situation with a guy (although it was a different guy), and he wouldn't hump either.

Also, does anyone else get disc read errors playing this game? Games that access the drive a lot seem to give me errors every few hours. Like this one and GTA IV.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I searched the thread and didn't see it on here. How does sex work?[/quote]

Penis enters the woman's vagina. Man rams away, not noticing the bored sad look in his lovers eyes.

There is a book called Come hither. It will let you have people come back with you to bone in your house.

Wow I've pretty much played this game for 4 to 5 hours straight. I've got a little heart growing above my head lol. This game reminds me of Zelda so much, maybe it's the scattered chests.

How does augmentation work? I have a couple different types of augments but neither seem to fit the weapons I have. Are there certain augments for certain weapons?

[quote name='destinywaste']How does augmentation work? I have a couple different types of augments but neither seem to fit the weapons I have. Are there certain augments for certain weapons?[/QUOTE]

Your weapon needs to have a free augment slot. Not all weapons have augment slots.

I've had to have already dumped a good 15 hours into this and I think I have at least another good 5 hours or so (though probably more as I've been doing all of the side quests) left.
I'm currently doing the side quests but for the main quest, I'm in Bloodstone about to meet up with Raven

I've played about 3.5 hours and I can see that the real meat of the game is just starting (I just learned about the Spire from Teresa).

I love just screwing around with villagers and my pooch. I actually enjoy the blacksmithing game, too.

I don't think this requires a spoiler, but feel free to anyway:

Can you continue playing with the same character after you "beat" the game? As in keep earning money and whatnot?

I've read you can

In fact, one review ( I think it was Team Xbox) said that he had more fun after he beat the game just doing all the random stuff than actually playing the quests in the main story.

I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun..but does this game get much better after the initial 2 hours? Does the game become more challenging? Do you interact with people that feel less gimmicky? Do you ever get a real consequence to the good or evil approach?

[quote name='crystalklear64']Having fun, though graphic glitches and glitchy loading still annoying.

Unlike most of you, I always play as the bad guy. The thing is, while I'm evil as hell, killing people and what not, I cannot find out how to become corrupted. Its kinda funny. I'm max evil, but my pure/corrupt bar is more on the pure side.[/QUOTE]

Buy some properties, and increase the rent 100%. I did that to make some money fast, and before I knew it my character was an ugly mess with horns and very corrupt. Working now to fix that.

bread's done
Back