Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

My wife put in 27 hours and 6 minutes and throughly searched through the game. Still has to beat stuff after the main quest and what not. She always makes sure to get almost everything in every RPG she plays. So most people I can see beating this game in 15-20 hours while not really rushing through it. Still longer then Eternal Sonata anyways where I got everything outside of the extra achivements on the second play through.

Anyone who doesn't rush through this game can get over 30 hours into it. I have somewhere near 10 hours and I've just been messing around, getting the achievements and buying properties. I've been doing lots of side-questing/grinding to keep me busy too. I swear, once you get one spell to level 5(mine is Shock) you just want to level up every other spell. Shock looks so freaking cool at level 5. I just want to see what the others look like.

By the way, the 10 hours is about 1/3 through the game. I've only gotten the Hero of Strength so far. I'm pretty close to the Hero of Will though so I might only get 25 hours out of this game. 25 is good enough for me though :). Well worth the $60 in credit I payed for.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Hmm im going to have to get my TIVO on that ASAP

Edit: No luck unless the name isn't "Hero Factor".[/quote]

Yea it was weird it was on when the guide showed some movie as the title but maybe the movie ended and they needed a filler?! This might end up on the marketplace since that's what they did with the Mass Effect special a while back.

Dove into this today. Super fun game so far. I do miss the mini map a bit, but all the improvements outweigh this.

me too. it has some great improvements though
AAA.gif

I'm new to Fable and I've got to say this game is awesome. At first I was put off by the lack of depth in the world vs. Oblivion, but then I realized it was really more like Zelda than it was like Oblivion. I've put ~8 hours in and I barely feel like I've started. Unlike the most recent Zelda and Oblivion I find myself actually thinking about this game when I'm not playing and I care about the characters.

I've been playing Saints Row 2 at the same time and I find myself strongly compelled to just play Fable 2. This despite the fact that I absolutely love Saints Row 2 and I could go on and on about flaws in Fable 2. There's just something about it.

[quote name='jkanownik']I'm new to Fable and I've got to say this game is awesome. At first I was put off by the lack of depth in the world vs. Oblivion, but then I realized it was really more like Zelda than it was like Oblivion. I've put ~8 hours in and I barely feel like I've started. Unlike the most recent Zelda and Oblivion I find myself actually thinking about this game when I'm not playing and I care about the characters.

I've been playing Saints Row 2 at the same time and I find myself strongly compelled to just play Fable 2. This despite the fact that I absolutely love Saints Row 2 and I could go on and on about flaws in Fable 2. There's just something about it.[/quote]

What I like about Fable II is that even when you aren't playing you are still making money!

Fable has a lot of aesthetic flaws, nothing game breaking, but a lot of clipping and sound issues. Especially if you play for any decent length of time.

Why do all of the "Legendary" weapons suck compared to what you can buy. Like the Rising Sun and the weapon you get for 8 perfects in the Crucible. I think my master cleaver has been better than both.

Quick comments:

Both my roommates (who never played the first) thought it was modeled after Zelda. So, that's how I'm going to explain it to people now...

I took a nap in one of my homes and woke up fat, nasty looking, and had horns. HAHAHAHAHA

One of my wives is scared of me...so I'm going to sacrifice her to the dark society whenever she gets drunk and wants sex again

My other wife is a keeper...but ugly as fuck and a gypsy. I might sacirifice her too

And yes, all I do is fight the police...ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='jp0213']I somehow ended up marrying Kathy the Whore. Damn her.[/quote]

damn! that bitch tricked me into marrying her too! :bomb:

So i'm thinking about purchasing this game and i've read many bad reviews about glitches in the game. Have these been fixed yet?

[quote name='buzzcola']have some lucian hero dolls if any 1 wants to trade[/QUOTE]

What's the deal w/ Lucien dolls? Are they tough to get or you can only get them by trading? I'm playing, but haven't really gotten that far. I have the doll from the fable2.com game and one I bought in lower Bowerstone.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']What's the deal w/ Lucien dolls? Are they tough to get or you can only get them by trading? I'm playing, but haven't really gotten that far. I have the doll from the fable2.com game and one I bought in lower Bowerstone.[/quote]

Well, you can only get one during the game (aside from the Hero doll). So to get the achievement, yea, you have to trade for him potentially. My game, for example, had Reaver, so I had to trade for the others. Thing with Lucien...supposedly from what I've seen on some forums, it and Theresa are the hardest to have in your game, with Hammer, Garth, and Reaver more often what you'll spawn. I dunno how true that is, or if it's totally random and equal, but there's that tidbit.

Anyhow, just shipped this back to GameFly today. Wow. Lots better than I had expected. Now, it still isn't as great as I had always hoped the Fable series would become, but on its own legs it's still one hell of a fun game. Glad to see the magic and ranged attacks are a lot more fun and useful in this game than I thought they were in the first. Also love how there are some really tough choices in the game - although it's a bit of a shame how the penalty for going bad is so much weaker than the potential one for being good (aging, exp loss, etc...).

[quote name='coolsteel']So I haven't seen this answered, does your hair turn gray really fast like in the first game?[/QUOTE]

Mine has turned really light blonde from being good. I'm guessing it would go white but you can obtain dyes and dye your hair any color you want.

If I sang the gospel of the Fable 2 LE and then actually paid $10 for the dlc, then it's available to everyone....I'ma be pissed. That's just not fair to those who paid the extra money. We should get the full Fable 2 soundtrack for free.

Yeah Kinda pissed my content made me set apart from everyone on my friends list playing the game now they all will have it.....

[quote name='Goodeye']Yeah Kinda pissed my content made me set apart from everyone on my friends list playing the game now they all will have it.....[/quote]

You can always put on a Black Chicken Suit.

I can't figure out what is more aggravating... that all my regular edition friends are now cashing in on M$'s mistake... or that this is a "deal" that I'm missing out on cause I bought the LE. :-({|=

Well once I return this Thursday, I'll probably go a few weeks without playing it. That is until I purchase it. So my bank roll should be pretty nice when I go out and buy this.

Just got to get more real estate.

Well whoever does get the DLC and already played past the first time you enter the Cave of Heroes ( and opened the ancestor chest ) will not be getting the Halo Armor or Energy Sword anywho. I didn't enter my code until a little past that part and now the game won't let me get the Halo Armor or Sword. Everytime I search it, it says visit Fable2.com blah blah blah. I believe Spybreaker is in the same boat as me.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Well whoever does get the DLC and already played past the first time you enter the Cave of Heroes ( and opened the ancestor chest ) will not be getting the Halo Armor or Energy Sword anywho. I didn't enter my code until a little past that part and now the game won't let me get the Halo Armor or Sword. Everytime I search it, it says visit Fable2.com blah blah blah. I believe Spybreaker is in the same boat as me.[/quote]
I'm thinking Lionhead will release a patch to put the items in players' inventories automatically if they enter the code. There are already enough people pissed off about the random glitches throughout the game, i can't seem them telling players to start over.

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm thinking Lionhead will release a patch to put the items in players' inventories automatically if they enter the code. There are already enough people pissed off about the random glitches throughout the game, i can't seem them telling players to start over.[/quote]

The sad thing is, that I CAN see them doing exactly that, as the items are not "required" in order to complete the game. Plus they can always use the excuse that it is another reason to go back and play the game again as you can play a different path the second time around... lame, but entirely possible.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Well whoever does get the DLC and already played past the first time you enter the Cave of Heroes ( and opened the ancestor chest ) will not be getting the Halo Armor or Energy Sword anywho. I didn't enter my code until a little past that part and now the game won't let me get the Halo Armor or Sword. Everytime I search it, it says visit Fable2.com blah blah blah. I believe Spybreaker is in the same boat as me.[/quote]

Yea wtf it totally sucks I got shafted and now everyone's getting the stuff I paid extra for!? WHAT:bomb:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea wtf it totally sucks I got shafted and now everyone's getting the stuff I paid extra for!? WHAT:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same. Let's write a letter to MS to refund our 10.00 :D

Kind of weird/funny but has some Story Spoilers. Pertains to what happens after the Hero of Will.

Ok something very odd has happened in my game. I just recently finished the Garth The Will user thing in the Spire. I come back after 10 years have passed. I go to visit my Wife and she is no where to be found. I check my house and the kid I had is now grown up but is still in the same exact spot where is crib was. He doesn't move at all. I can't even get him to follow me. He doesn't talk or make an noises either. Even worse he is a ginger kid. It's been like 10 in game days and nothing has changed.

Not sure exactly what to do. I'm thinking the best way is to wait to night and off the kid then sell the house. Anyone else have any idea's?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Kind of weird/funny but has some Story Spoilers. Pertains to what happens after the Hero of Will.

Ok something very odd has happened in my game. I just recently finished the Garth The Will user thing in the Spire. I come back after 10 years have passed. I go to visit my Wife and she is no where to be found. I check my house and the kid I had is now grown up but is still in the same exact spot where is crib was. He doesn't move at all. I can't even get him to follow me. He doesn't talk or make an noises either. Even worse he is a ginger kid. It's been like 10 in game days and nothing has changed.

Not sure exactly what to do. I'm thinking the best way is to wait to night and off the kid then sell the house. Anyone else have any idea's?
[/QUOTE]

This happened to me too.. then I found her 5 towns away fucking other guys. I moved her to a different house and my kid reappeared as normal as ever. Turns out I killed her a few days after, she was pissing me off

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea wtf it totally sucks I got shafted and now everyone's getting the stuff I paid extra for!? WHAT:bomb:[/quote]
Seriously. I'm not going to whine about it, but that's three strikes for the LE: reduced LE packaging weeks before release, missing LE content cards, and then everyone getting LE content for free. I see no reason why I should ever buy a LE from Lionhead Studios again.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Seriously. I'm not going to whine about it, but that's three strikes for the LE: reduced LE packaging weeks before release, missing LE content cards, and then everyone getting LE content for free. I see no reason why I should ever buy a LE from Lionhead Studios again.[/quote]
Blame MS, not Lionhead. You never go after the developer when it comes to game packaging, etc. That's all on the Publisher.

So I married Alex fairly early on in the game. Right away she was all about doing the horizontal tango, so I'm like, "Yeah, I've got time before I kill more hobbes." As I'm walking to my bed I'm thinking, "I don't need a condom, she's my wife." Several hours later I'm going through my logbook to find out that I have 1 STD! Alex is the only woman I've slept with! Damn whore...

[quote name='Renegade Moose']So I married Alex fairly early on in the game. Right away she was all about doing the horizontal tango, so I'm like, "Yeah, I've got time before I kill more hobbes." As I'm walking to my bed I'm thinking, "I don't need a condom, she's my wife." Several hours later I'm going through my logbook to find out that I have 1 STD! Alex is the only woman I've slept with! Damn whore...[/quote]

She turns tricks in Bloodstone. I nearly fell out of my chair when I rolled into Bloodstone for the first time and what do I see? My wife Alex standing in front of the Inn with all the other prostitutes. No joke.

I don't know why you guys are all getting hooked up in the game. I'm happily married with two kids in real life, no complaints there. But, in a game, I just want to do stuff I can't do in real life. Who needs hooker-wife drama?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I don't know why you guys are all getting hooked up in the game. I'm happily married with two kids in real life, no complaints there. But, in a game, I just want to do stuff I can't do in real life. Who needs hooker-wife drama?[/quote]
Achievements.

bread's done
Back