Facebook Deals Thread

Adhiman

Banned
I thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going. Some of the deals popping up on FB are ridiculous so a centralized place to talk about them would be nice. Didn't want to title it "Daily Steals" since it looks like other companies have been posting stuff for cheap too (Big Dog Retail).

How are these Facebook sellers able to sell things for so cheap?

It looks like Facebook is subsidizing the price of various things in order to get people to start using their marketplace. These aren't "fell off of the truck" goods.

Why should I trust random Facebook sellers?

Facebook themselves will refund you if you don't receive your packages, or if they're not as described. Several people from CAG and Slickdeals who placed order with Daily Steals in particular are reporting that their purchases are new and not pre-owned.

What other discounts are there?

There looks to be another random $10 off offer that applies to your first order. However, not everyone is getting them. Possibly the coupon is Android only but no one can confirm from what I've seen so far.

All shipping is free. Doesn't look like there are any taxes either.

Daily Steals has a 30 day return policy on new/unused items.
Active Deals (not complete list):

Battlefield V (PS4) - $30
Fallout 76 (PS4) - $30 DEAD
Darksiders III (PS4) - $35
Xbox One Controller - $20 DEAD
DualShock 4 - $25 DEAD
Switch Pro Controller - $40 DEAD
Nintendo Switch - $179 DEAD
Hitman 2 (PS4) - $30
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze (Switch) - $30 DEAD
Super Mario Party (Switch) - $35 DEAD
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - $40 DEAD
Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee! (Swtich) - $35 DEAD
Just Cause 4 (PS4) - $35 DEAD
Spider-Man (PS4) (Must select Latin American packaging) - $30 BACK TO $60
PS4 in-ear headset - $20

Red Dead Redemption 2 (XO) - $50

NOTE ABOUT DEAD DEALS: It seems that these randomly go in and out of stock. The Switch deal has been down several times but keeps coming back. Pay attention to them and you may get lucky!

This OP is extremely bare bones and is a work in progress. Please feel free to let me know what I should add!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact that the Switch and DKCTF have both gone in and out of stock. I don’t know if anyone here can say for certain that *all* games come back in stock at some point, but it can’t hurt to keep an eye on it.
Thanks, hopefully it pops up before launch.

Is anyone even able to access these video game related deals on the phone app? Every time I boot the app all I get are non-gaming related deals. It seems that the FB deals don't show at all for me on the app. And oh, the search box doesn't help either.

These deals I'm pretty sure were part of Black Friday.

I don't think you will see $20 dollar controllers and half off new release games through the year. Notice how they just came around for Black Friday. Facebook market place isn't used for retail and used to never even show retail deals.

I can't believe that most people just assume this is going to be the normal, like are they joking?

So you probably won't be seeing any more deals lol.

I don't think you will see $20 dollar controllers and half off new release games through the year. Notice how they just came around for Black Friday. Facebook market place isn't used for retail and used to never even show retail deals.

I can't believe that most people just assume this is going to be the normal, like are they joking?

I mean, we might not see anymore $180 switches.. but I think the game deals will keep appearing from Daily Steals. They started doing those before black Friday, with the first major one being RDR2.

Pro Controller and Switch were both available again today according to people on ResetEra. Kinda strange to be running a Black Friday sale 5 days later, no?

They’ve been posting discounted DS4’s for months as well. I don’t recall the exact price point but remember a lot of people on here buying them, which was kind of what caused any of us to start paying attention. Fingers crossed they keep coming out with good gaming deals.

Ahh ok so I may be wrong lol. Guess we'll find out. I don't expect to last too long. Not sure how it operates but it looks like its at a loss. Maybe just a promotional time to get users on facebook market place.

Ahh ok so I may be wrong lol. Guess we'll find out. I don't expect to last too long. Not sure how it operates but it looks like its at a loss. Maybe just a promotional time to get users on facebook market place.
The warranty slips from the Switches that they sold were for latin america, and the cases for a lot of the games they sell are in spanish.. so I'm guessing they're buying their stock at cheap prices which is how they're selling them so cheap.

Is anyone even able to access these video game related deals on the phone app? Every time I boot the app all I get are non-gaming related deals. It seems that the FB deals don't show at all for me on the app. And oh, the search box doesn't help either.
I don't use the app, but it has been happening to me on my phone. When the ps4 headphone deal was posted here, it told me there was an error and that they were working on it. When that happened, most deals would give me the same error as well. Last night when it happened, the "Shop" area of every seller disappeared, and links either gave an error or showed random clothes/junk.

My controller was ordered thru big dog retailer thru Facebook. It was on the 21st and still not processing in my bank and still hasn't shipped. Anyone else?

My controller was ordered thru big dog retailer thru Facebook. It was on the 21st and still not processing in my bank and still hasn't shipped. Anyone else?
The ps4 controller that I ordered with daily steals said it shipped Tuesday but on the tracking info it says USPS is awaiting item.Also the x1 controller from big dog has been processed but still not shipped.

The ps4 controller that I ordered with daily steals said it shipped Tuesday but on the tracking info it says USPS is awaiting item.Also the x1 controller from big dog has been processed but still not shipped.
the big dog one, is it at least showing processsing when you are logged into your bank? mine doesn't.

I got the PS4 controller awhile back. It was like one of the first deals that showed up.
The tracking info was terrible but sure enough it came in fast with original packaging, albeit mostly Spanish.
Now I have a Smash preorder in and we’ll see how that goes too. :)

Seems to be out of stock now.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Looks like you’re right.

I wonder if we’ll actually get this on release day. Order shows up as “pre-ordered” with 3-7 day shipping. Could ship any day now I guess.

There's no charge or processing after skimming through my account from big dog.I guess they might not fulfill the orders since lots of people bought that deal.
Ugh I sure hope not.i thought the order was thru dailysteals at first. Guess I had clicked on a different link. And contacting either of them seems pointless

I had the same issue for a few days so I contacted them asking why it had'nt shipped and then I got a notification the next day that it was shipped. I'm guessing they have so many damn orders its just taking them time to go through them all. Send and inquiry through the order page where it says "Contact seller for help" don't use fb messenger. Hopefully they ship it or get back to you.

I had the same issue for a few days so I contacted them asking why it had'nt shipped and then I got a notification the next day that it was shipped. I'm guessing they have so many damn orders its just taking them time to go through them all. Send and inquiry through the order page where it says "Contact seller for help" don't use fb messenger. Hopefully they ship it or get back to you.
I hope by tomorrow since I did contact them this morning the way you said

I paid using Paypal and the amount was "pending" on Paypal until it was actually delivered, so it didnt touch my bank until I had it. I was worried about it myself.

So kind of a weird thing happened to me: I made two Switch orders on Monday. One at 6PM CST and one at 11PM CST. Just got a shipping notification for the one I ordered at 11. Kinda weird to fulfill things out of order.

Worth noting that the 11PM one was through the group buy thing.

My first problem with Daily Steals.  My copy of Let's Go Evee is a Euro game, when they showed the North American.  I requested a return, so we'll see where that goes.

My first problem with Daily Steals. My copy of Let's Go Evee is a Euro game, when they showed the North American. I requested a return, so we'll see where that goes.
Does it actually matter though? Not dismissing your frustration, but I thought Switch was region free. I guess there could be issues with reselling it.

Does it actually matter though? Not dismissing your frustration, but I thought Switch was region free. I guess there could be issues with reselling it.
Can't trade it into Gamestop. A Latin American game I can because the discs/cartridges are the same as the US version.

I also have concerns about any future DLC with Euro games. I know that some people have had problems with that.

Can't trade it into Gamestop. A Latin American game I can because the discs/cartridges are the same as the US version.

I also have concerns about any future DLC with Euro games. I know that some people have had problems with that.
I also got the European version. I guess this is why it's cheaper. While I agree with your concern with DLC regions, I don't think we'll have so much problem trading it in to Gamestop, if we don't use the case. The cartridge itself doesn't seem to indicate any sign of European region, so I doubt Gamestop would care as long as it works...

Got my gold controller. My crystal one from a month or so ago came in foreign packaging, but this one was a regular box.

I also got the European version. I guess this is why it's cheaper. While I agree with your concern with DLC regions, I don't think we'll have so much problem trading it in to Gamestop, if we don't use the case. The cartridge itself doesn't seem to indicate any sign of European region, so I doubt Gamestop would care as long as it works...
Check the code in the front sticker. It has EUR on it. Some employees might notice it some might not.

It's actually still going for a decent amount on eBay, even the Euro version, so I was able to sell it very quickly thankfully so I didn't have to deal with the returns process

Ugh my controller from big dog was 1 city away and should hVe been here today (upstate NY) and suddenly scanned in Nashville TN. fuck I hate usps.

Both my Switches shipped yesterday. I’m anxiously awaiting to see when Smash Bros ships. I imagine I won’t have it at launch but you never know.

bread's done
Back