Facebook Deals Thread

Adhiman

Banned
I thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going. Some of the deals popping up on FB are ridiculous so a centralized place to talk about them would be nice. Didn't want to title it "Daily Steals" since it looks like other companies have been posting stuff for cheap too (Big Dog Retail).

How are these Facebook sellers able to sell things for so cheap?

It looks like Facebook is subsidizing the price of various things in order to get people to start using their marketplace. These aren't "fell off of the truck" goods.

Why should I trust random Facebook sellers?

Facebook themselves will refund you if you don't receive your packages, or if they're not as described. Several people from CAG and Slickdeals who placed order with Daily Steals in particular are reporting that their purchases are new and not pre-owned.

What other discounts are there?

There looks to be another random $10 off offer that applies to your first order. However, not everyone is getting them. Possibly the coupon is Android only but no one can confirm from what I've seen so far.

All shipping is free. Doesn't look like there are any taxes either.

Daily Steals has a 30 day return policy on new/unused items.
Active Deals (not complete list):

Battlefield V (PS4) - $30
Fallout 76 (PS4) - $30 DEAD
Darksiders III (PS4) - $35
Xbox One Controller - $20 DEAD
DualShock 4 - $25 DEAD
Switch Pro Controller - $40 DEAD
Nintendo Switch - $179 DEAD
Hitman 2 (PS4) - $30
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze (Switch) - $30 DEAD
Super Mario Party (Switch) - $35 DEAD
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - $40 DEAD
Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee! (Swtich) - $35 DEAD
Just Cause 4 (PS4) - $35 DEAD
Spider-Man (PS4) (Must select Latin American packaging) - $30 BACK TO $60
PS4 in-ear headset - $20

Red Dead Redemption 2 (XO) - $50

NOTE ABOUT DEAD DEALS: It seems that these randomly go in and out of stock. The Switch deal has been down several times but keeps coming back. Pay attention to them and you may get lucky!

This OP is extremely bare bones and is a work in progress. Please feel free to let me know what I should add!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Switch, Donkey Kong (Daily Steals), and DS4 (Big Dog) today.

IMG_20181204_182009827.jpg

Donkey Kong is the EU version, kinda expected that. Didn't see anyone post about it anywhere though.

Daily steals sent my green camo PS4 controller for $14.99 after the $10 off coupon. Looks and plays great, came in english official packaging

Looks like all the gaming deals are pretty much dead... hopefully a new batch of games pop up soon!

Had a thing pop up where I could gift a $10 coupon to a friend and get one for myself. Like the previous poster said it’s slim pickings gamewise, but there a few games that are a few years old that are $13, or $3 with the coupon. I ended up getting a 20-pack of Energizer AA batteries for $3 total.

Did anyone order Smash Ultimate when it was up on Daily Steals and get their shipping confirmation yet? I just got mines, but the FedEx scheduled delivery date is 12/27... wtf.

Did anyone order Smash Ultimate when it was up on Daily Steals and get their shipping confirmation yet? I just got mines, but the FedEx scheduled delivery date is 12/27... wtf.
No shipping confirmation for me. Saving $11.00 and having to wait several days ain’t worth it. I need to cancel. The game was $51.00 at BB with GCU.

No shipping confirmation for me. Saving $11.00 and having to wait several days ain’t worth it. I need to cancel. The game was $51.00 at BB with GCU.
Yeah, I'm just gonna wait a few days and see what happens. Sometimes, my delivery date ETAs goes from 20 days to just 3, so I hope that's the case with this one.

Yeah I ordered a controller from Daily Steals a few months back and never got a shipping confirmation, then 3 or 4 days later it shows up in my mailbox.

Hoping this is the same. I don’t mind the wait. I got SSBU for $30 so it’s worth waiting.

Wow, this thread sort of got hijacked by USPS missing delivery dates, a 40 something (who actually isn't 39 or 40 but "lied" on his Profile) and some pretty comical banter.  I haven't seen a thread get this far off base in a while (not nearly as active as I once was though). 

I will say that the Daily Steals/Facebook Deals have been very, very good and I have had no issues with quality/playability or lag in shipping.  Just wish they would keep them coming....

Got my Switch, Donkey Kong (Daily Steals), and DS4 (Big Dog) today.

IMG_20181204_182009827.jpg

Donkey Kong is the EU version, kinda expected that. Didn't see anyone post about it anywhere though.
If it’s a complete package, EU is fine. It only becomes a problem when you try to buy DLC, which worries me about Smash.

I have a pre-shipment label from 11/27 out of Miami, which based on posts on Reddit is probably SSBU. It seems Dailysteals stuff either comes out of Miami or New Jersey. No movement yet, but since i got it for $30, i can wait.

I have a pre-shipment label from 11/27 out of Miami, which based on posts on Reddit is probably SSBU. It seems Dailysteals stuff either comes out of Miami or New Jersey. No movement yet, but since i got it for $30, i can wait.
I just got a notification from USPS that expected delivery is this Monday. No notification from DailySteals at all, Facebook order still shows not shipped.

Daily Steals listings usually indicate that the game isn't gonna arrive on launch day
Yep, on their page for Smash it mentions "Item does not ship until release date of Dec 7th", which is on par with what appears to be happening with my order. "Items usually arrive in 3-7 business days".

For 50% off, I'm happy with that. Hopefully it is the US English version, but would not be surprised if Latin America or Europe version. Since Switch is not region locked, should not matter I guess.

Yeah I also don't mind if it is coming even two weeks from now. My only concern is that they took on too many orders and may need to cancel some? I think they have a history of that, right?

For those who pre-ordered Smash and haven't gotten a shipping email yet, I found this tip for finding tracking info on another site:

1. Go to your order on Facebook (for me this trick only worked via computer, not mobile). You can do this by finding the order in your notifications.

2. Click "Get Help With Your Order" at the bottom of the page.

3. Select "My order is late or missing" (this WILL NOT send them a message, don't worry)

4. After you select that option, the order number and tracking number should show up in the window.

5. Copy the number and close the window

This worked for me even though my order status was still "pre-ordered", not shipped. FWIW, my package had already been given to USPS and expected to deliver Monday. I'd imagine this trick would work for their other products as well, if you are waiting.

I wish we knew if this Smash will have USA packaging. Not sure if I wait, pick up BB pre order with the intention of returning FB copy to BB or just return FB copy to seller when it arrives. Since the game starts with 8 characters my son wants to get to work unlocking characters.

For those who pre-ordered Smash and haven't gotten a shipping email yet, I found this tip for finding tracking info on another site:

1. Go to your order on Facebook (for me this trick only worked via computer, not mobile). You can do this by finding the order in your notifications.

2. Click "Get Help With Your Order" at the bottom of the page.

3. Select "My order is late or missing" (this WILL NOT send them a message, don't worry)

4. After you select that option, the order number and tracking number should show up in the window.

5. Copy the number and close the window

This worked for me even though my order status was still "pre-ordered", not shipped. FWIW, my package had already been given to USPS and expected to deliver Monday. I'd imagine this trick would work for their other products as well, if you are waiting.
Thanks for the tip but it didn't show any tracking info for me at all.

I wish we knew if this Smash will have USA packaging. Not sure if I wait, pick up BB pre order with the intention of returning FB copy to BB or just return FB copy to seller when it arrives. Since the game starts with 8 characters my son wants to get to work unlocking characters.
Some one on reddit got it today and said it was.

Patience. I had a controller with no shipping confirmation just show up in the mailbox one day.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I'm just frustrated at the lack of communication is all, I even contacted them about it and didn't even get an automated response like others have when they tried. Enjoy your copy!

Just a side note:
All 3 carriers have a opt in system to text you (or email) when any package is shipped to you. As soon as a tracking number appears in the system for your address you get notified. The sender may forget, or just plain not inform you, but the 3 systems notify you before any shipper does.

Very handy to have them set up. Sometimes you get a tracking # but have no clue who sent it or what it is... but at least you know “something” is coming.

Just a side note:
All 3 carriers have a opt in system to text you (or email) when any package is shipped to you. As soon as a tracking number appears in the system for your address you get notified. The sender may forget, or just plain not inform you, but the 3 systems notify you before any shipper does.

Very handy to have them set up. Sometimes you get a tracking # but have no clue who sent it or what it is... but at least you know “something” is coming.
This is how I found out about mine shipping as I did not receive a notification from DailySteals. After I received the notification from USPS, I checked Facebook and then it was updated. Mine was expected to be delivered today, but still in transit, probably be 1-2 more days.

Got a Switch and Smash today. Both US.

Edit actually I just did a comparison between the one I received and the one from GameStop. There are some minor differences like the barcode is incremented by 1, it’s missing a cancer warning, and the ESRB info doesn’t mention in-game purchases. That’s kinda strange.

I recieved my smash bros order. The game has English and Spanish writing on it.
Does that mean that I won't be able to get dlc?
Seriously considering returning it.

I actually just realized that all of my switch games are like that. Awesome!

I recieved my smash bros order. The game has English and Spanish writing on it.
Does that mean that I won't be able to get dlc?
Seriously considering returning it.
I actually just realized that all of my switch games are like that. Awesome!
Yeah it’s not the language, it’s the rating system that determines if you can or can’t buy DLC.
If it’s ESRB, that’s North American.
If it’s PEGI, that’s European.

This is how I found out about mine shipping as I did not receive a notification from DailySteals. After I received the notification from USPS, I checked Facebook and then it was updated. Mine was expected to be delivered today, but still in transit, probably be 1-2 more days.
No tracking updates on mine since the 11th, hopefully it didn't get lost.

No tracking updates on mine since the 11th, hopefully it didn't get lost.
My copy of Super Smash finally showed up today. UPC is different; mine is 045496596453, while US version is 045496592998. But I imagine if regions are the same, it shouldn't matter.

EDIT: sku or whatever is "HAC P AAAB1 LTN", which LTN likely stands for Latin America, so is definitely Latin American version as suspected. US version ends with "USA"

bread's done
Back