Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

I'm sad, I saw this at bestbuy this weekend when I was buying batman AA and figured 10 bucks isn't bad I'll install it and trade it into gamestop for 5 bucks. Kinda like I did for the other Fallout exp packs.

It was totally my fault for not reading, but it was just a code. Ah well I would of rather of just bought it using MS points, but I'll chalk this up to impulse buying.

Do people either love Oblivion and hate this game or vice-a-versa? From what I can tell, people who've played both seem to like one or the other, but not both. I know they're two different games, but it just seems a bit odd to me that way.

It's been that way for me at least. What I thought was the odd part though is that I remember loving Morrowind, but something about Oblivion. I just don't know.

Okay, I am just about to receive this game in a trade, Im not sure if ill get that far into it before giving up because i rarely complete games. Would it make sense to get the DLC now, or its good after you finish the main objective.

[quote name='shieryda']Do people either love Oblivion and hate this game or vice-a-versa? From what I can tell, people who've played both seem to like one or the other, but not both. I know they're two different games, but it just seems a bit odd to me that way.[/QUOTE]

I'm in that group of Fallout 3 lovers who can't seem to get into Oblivion. I'm trying to play through it, because all I hear about is how great it is, but for some reason it just seems bland and tedious after playing F3. I'm about 20 hours in, so it's not like I just started it.

[quote name='aheineken']I'm in that group of Fallout 3 lovers who can't seem to get into Oblivion. I'm trying to play through it, because all I hear about is how great it is, but for some reason it just seems bland and tedious after playing F3. I'm about 20 hours in, so it's not like I just started it.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I think you and I have the exact same opinion about the opposite games. How about we both just agree to appreciate the game we love and stop playing the game we don't (though I can't wait for ES V).

For me, I think it's the setting. I can't get into the destroyed wasteland but I can walk through the open fields and speed-trees all day long. That and if I need to kill anything I can use my sword or arrows or magic as opposed to constantly needing to find ammo.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']LOL, I think you and I have the exact same opinion about the opposite games. How about we both just agree to appreciate the game we love and stop playing the game we don't (though I can't wait for ES V).

For me, I think it's the setting. I can't get into the destroyed wasteland but I can walk through the open fields and speed-trees all day long. That and if I need to kill anything I can use my sword or arrows or magic as opposed to constantly needing to find ammo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess so. :D I'm starting to get into Oblivion a little bit. I realized that the main quest is a bit more straight forward, and the unnecessary side quests are the ones that involve lots of pointless running around.

As for your question, once you get past Megaton, and open the world up a little bit, the pace really picks up and you'll start to find more ammo. There is also a perk (I can't remember what level it becomes available) that makes more ammo drop. For now your best bet is to pick up lots of stuff and sell it to buy ammo. Also, you can sell ammo for guns you don't use to buy ammo for guns you like.

Yeah, I never really had any issues with ammo. Like he said, just pick up EVERYTHING you come across and sell it.

Anyway, I am also one of those people that simply couldn't get into Oblivion. Had it on the PS3 for a short time, and I was bored to tears. Don't know why. Then, I rented the GOTY for the 360, figured I would at least give it one more try, but I never even bothered playing it.

I couldn't get into Oblivion at first, I thought it was insanely choppy at the time, and after just a few hours I decided I didn't like it. I tried it again another time and advanced just 30-60 minutes and started enjoying it a bit more and after I got through the beginning I started liking it a lot. I honestly haven't played it in a while though cause the pesky thieves guild quests piss me off. It also seems to run smoother than it did a few years ago, but I could be wrong about that.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Okay, I am just about to receive this game in a trade, Im not sure if ill get that far into it before giving up because i rarely complete games. Would it make sense to get the DLC now, or its good after you finish the main objective.[/QUOTE]

You're fine playing everything in the retail game first, especially if you have problems finishing games. What is the point in wasting money on DLC if you aren't even going to beat the main quest?

[quote name='shieryda']Do people either love Oblivion and hate this game or vice-a-versa? From what I can tell, people who've played both seem to like one or the other, but not both. I know they're two different games, but it just seems a bit odd to me that way.[/QUOTE]

I like both.

I hope Operation Anchorage isn't glitched. I got to the end of the Lamp Post and killed everyone, but it didn't take me back to HQ. Now there's nowhere to go.

OK, did the final Moira (sp?) quest to the library and ran across the Brotherhood at the Citadel .... my interest is starting to pique. I'm wondering if I just need to get the f*ck out of Megaton and do shit that's more interesting that Moira's book.

I've delayed Moira's stuff since it's so boring.

I restarted that part of Operation Anchorage from an earlier save and did the Chimera depot first, and ended up finishing the entire DLC. For some reason, when I took the power armor, it gave me the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head!" achievement despite the fact that I had none of the keys.

Who can help me, I finally got Fallout 3, Im hooked. Honestly no game has ever drawn me back to the TV as much as this one. Im at the spot where you first meet the guy who knows where your father is and you talk to him, and gives you a side quest for 400caps. I talked the the dead guy, Gob, he said to hack into his computer, i picked the lock to his locker got the password, and now he chases me and the game auto saved. How can i get out of the fight? Or should i reload my last save

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Who can help me, I finally got Fallout 3, Im hooked. Honestly no game has ever drawn me back to the TV as much as this one. Im at the spot where you first meet the guy who knows where your father is and you talk to him, and gives you a side quest for 400caps. I talked the the dead guy, Gob, he said to hack into his computer, i picked the lock to his locker got the password, and now he chases me and the game auto saved. How can i get out of the fight? Or should i reload my last save[/QUOTE]

Alot of times when this happens you can just leave for a while, go do something else, then come back and the NPCs will be chill again.

I cant leave, they chase me out and shot me

Edit- I got it! Woah, this game is amazing, I never ever have been drawn to a game like this. I love how its like a shooter but has rpg elements. I thought i would like mass effect and it was no where as good as this.

Whats radiation poisoning?? I just got it probably because I was drinking water in the wasteland.

Last edited by a moderator:
500x_fallouttheme.jpg

Looks sweet! I bought all, but I have yet to put my code in for Mothership Zeta...looks like I'm doing that tonight.

Very impressed Bethesda decided to reward those of us who spent the hard earned cash. Great theme looks great. Although I wish every company felt that way I can certainly understand why this isn't common practice. However what I don't understand is the snide complaint of a PC player knowing full well their community has access to mods and canceled weapons us console users will never see. What a douche.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyjoeguy']anyone know if people that used the retail disc's get the theme?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not...but good point. I bought the discs myself...:whistle2:k

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't see why not...but good point. I bought the discs myself...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

yeah, i borrowed the disc for anchorage and point lookout, but i bought broken steel and the pitt, and i am buying zeta either tonight or tomorrow. just kind of curious to if it will work, i hope it does. if not ill stick with switching between my mass effect, gears 2, and re5 themes. kind of tired of them though. hopefully i can get it.

I see that Bethesda has given a release date on Fallout 3 GOTY. I have waited for all of the DLC to be released before I start buying them. My question is, are all of the expansion going to be on a separate disc to purchase? Aside from the GOTY that will have it on a separate disc.

Do video stores rent out the 2 add-on discs? I called a local Blockbuster here, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Aside from the GOTY that will have it on a separate disc.

Has that been confirmed yet?

[quote name='shieryda']Do video stores rent out the 2 add-on discs? I called a local Blockbuster here, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Has that been confirmed yet?[/QUOTE]Your avatar goes really well with your post. You're a Fallout junkie trying to get some free Fallout 3 DLC.;)

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Your avatar goes really well with your post. You're a Fallout junkie trying to get some free Fallout 3 DLC.;)[/QUOTE]

I know, dude. It's pretty bad when you go to bed thinking about Fallout, dream about it, and think about it at work. I was/am like that with Oblivion, too.:D

Damn you, Bethesda!!!

I printed a rent 1, get 1 free coupon for Blockbuster to get both add-on discs, but it seems that my efforts may have been wasted.

[quote name='shieryda']Considered it, but I'd feel dirty.[/QUOTE]

there is a dlc train for point lookout and broken steel, and you missed the train for anchorage and pitt. check out the 360 forum

I finished the main quest line in Point Lookout earlier today. I didn't run across any of the side quests that the Fallout wiki says are available so I'll probably go back soon and try to play those. The main quest was really cool though and was enjoyable the whole way through. Looking back on it, it seems like it was short considering there's only 5 little quests, but it took me several hours to complete and I think it wrapped up at he right time. The bad guys were a hell of a lot tougher than I had ever seen in Fallout before, but I had plenty of ammo and stimpaks to keep me alive, and the punga fruits helped me a lot too. Onto my second DLC, Broken Steel.

[quote name='StickyWaffles']I finished the main quest line in Point Lookout earlier today. I didn't run across any of the side quests that the Fallout wiki says are available so I'll probably go back soon and try to play those. The main quest was really cool though and was enjoyable the whole way through. Looking back on it, it seems like it was short considering there's only 5 little quests, but it took me several hours to complete and I think it wrapped up at he right time. The bad guys were a hell of a lot tougher than I had ever seen in Fallout before, but I had plenty of ammo and stimpaks to keep me alive, and the punga fruits helped me a lot too. Onto my second DLC, Broken Steel.[/QUOTE]

i just finished point lookout this morning, i thought it was good, but imo broken steel is far superior. so far i rank them

1. broken steel
2. point lookout
3. the pitt
4. operation anchorage

and i started mothership zeta earlier today, so i dont know where that falls in yet . but i liked the look of point lookout for a change, not like the rest of the wasteland, so it was more enjoyable while i was discovering all the locations

Hey guys. I'm debating whether or not to trade in my copy of Fallout 3 for the GOTY edition at TRU just in time for their B2G1F sale. I haven't purchased any of the DLC yet, and I was wondering about how many extra hours do all 5 DLC packs amount to? Is it worth it? I'm kind of wary of repurchasing a game I've already beaten as opposed to purchasing an entirely new game (ie. Batman AA, Uncharted 2, Flashpoint, Beatles).

So I guess I'm asking (to those that have played them) if the DLC warrants the $60 price tag? I know that they add up to $50, but if the actual "content" is worth a play through. Thanks.

First Summer Of Arcade, and now Fallout 3...it seems I got hosed again. I have all the DLC, bought the two discs and Mothership Zeta card from Amazon...guess those codes don't register :bomb:

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Is the GotY edition going to have all the DLC on a disc or are they going to give you codes to redeem the content?[/QUOTE]

I think it will be at least one separate additional disc in the case.

Hey, guys, if you already got the free theme, and you happen to use a junk account or something that you don't check much, I'd give it a look. I got a second e-mail about the theme and figured it was the same code. It wasn't.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hey, guys, if you already got the free theme, and you happen to use a junk account or something that you don't check much, I'd give it a look. I got a second e-mail about the theme and figured it was the same code. It wasn't.[/QUOTE]

I got an e-mail saying the first code may have been no good (worked fine) and gave me another. Neat. Now to figure out what to do with the extra code ;)

[quote name='pelf21']XCTCB-RYPHX-DJP9R-MXK6X-VH6PJ

Got an extra code for the fallout premium theme.....Enjoy![/QUOTE]

i got it, thanks alot :D

Heh... I got the extra code as well. If my friend who hasn't had internet in months doesn't want it then I'm going to try trading mine in for a Gold Hammerburst. If I can't swing that or trading for points then I'll just give it away to one of you guys.

Stay tuned. =P

bread's done
Back