Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='screwkick']That site has saved my ass more than once. Very in-depth. Better than any guide I've seen. And...it's free![/QUOTE]

I use that Wiki pretty frequently, myself, though less than I did before I got a penny guide from Best Buy. I will still use the Wiki for the dlc packs, though. I just like to browse it without even looking up walkthroughs. Just a ton of neat information about characters, weapons/stats and shit.

Question, and maybe it has been answered but I have not seen it yet maybe.

Is the DLC for FO3GOTY on a second disc or is it on the first disc as well? If it's on a second disc is that a case that I can install the DLC to my hdd then to reduce my load times? I'm trying to figure out if I need to try and make additional space available on my 360 hdd.

[quote name='Dijital']Question, and maybe it has been answered but I have not seen it yet maybe.

Is the DLC for FO3GOTY on a second disc or is it on the first disc as well? If it's on a second disc is that a case that I can install the DLC to my hdd then to reduce my load times? I'm trying to figure out if I need to try and make additional space available on my 360 hdd.[/QUOTE]

It's on the second disk and you have to install it to your HDD.

Man, I played a lot of Fallout this weekend. Got through Operation Anchorage, The Pitt and am working my way through Point Lookout (which has some of the toughest enemies I've had to face yet). I should probably get back to the main story after this.

I bought the infirmary and laboratory for my Megaton house, but neither of them show up when I enter the house. Do I need to sleep first?

[quote name='bardockkun']If I remember right, it should be there soon as you buy. Should be upstairs opposite from your two bedrooms.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I was getting tired last night after I bought them. Perhaps there is another room that I didn't search before I saved and went to bed.

I haven't found any other schematics in the game yet (other than the Rock-it launcher). Do other vendors throughout the wastelands sell them, or do you get them from various quests (or both?)?

The dart gun is great, especially if you're playing on a higher difficulty. I always had it mapped to the quick switch, because it makes Deathclaw encounters a breeze.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The dart gun is great, especially if you're playing on a higher difficulty. I always had it mapped to the quick switch, because it makes Deathclaw encounters a breeze.[/QUOTE]

My buddy, chi.bri, said that same thing. I've been playing on normal, and never really had too many problems until I started playing Point Lookout.

[quote name='macontosh2000']It's on the second disk and you have to install it to your HDD.[/QUOTE]
Oh, its on a 2nd disk? Can you install then reuse it like the stand-alone 2-DLC disc?

Hopefully the DotD on XBox for it is true. Just need Mothership Zeta. Jesus, been hankering for an excuse to play more Fallout.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm in Vault 112 now. That Tranquility Lane scenario is kinda lame. I don't like losing karma!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

You could of actually went through that whole sequence ending up with no bad karma. You just had to disobey her orders and do a special (yet awesome) trick at the end.

I also picked up the remaining DLC packs two days ago. I played through Mothership Zeta and I really enjoyed it. The whole alien thing and storyline behind it was a bit generic, but it got the job done. Operation Anchorage I really enjoyed, it was a nice change of pace from the main storyline. Point Lookout, which I picked up last month, is by far the hardest of all the DLC. It still is the best one out there though. I've yet to try The Pitt yet, but I will get to it. I also got to level 30 yesterday! :p

[quote name='Ichigo1993']You could of actually went through that whole sequence ending up with no bad karma. You just had to disobey her orders and do a special (yet awesome) trick at the end.[/QUOTE]

Can I still tell her to piss off and finish the sequence?

[quote name='shieryda']Can I still tell her to piss off and finish the sequence?[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure, you might want to get a guide to help you out, as the instructions to do so are specific. And yes, at the end she will be very pissed if you do go that route.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']I'm not exactly sure, you might want to get a guide to help you out, as the instructions to do so are specific. And yes, at the end she will be very pissed if you do go that route.[/QUOTE]

She's asked me to kill someone now, and I don't really want to do it. I tried to beat her ass earlier, and she atom-bombed my ass out of the sequence.

[quote name='shieryda']She's asked me to kill someone now, and I don't really want to do it. I tried to beat her ass earlier, and she atom-bombed my ass out of the sequence.[/QUOTE]

Just looked up a guide on it and you could simply go into the abandoned house and you'll see a couple of items scattered throughout the room. You have to order them by clicking on them. The order is: Radio, Glass Pitcher, Gnome, Glass Pitcher, Cinder Block, Gnome,
Bottle.

I won't spoil the rest for you! This will get you the faster (and good karma) route

I Played a good karma character, but honestly I had a lot more fun on Tranquility Lane finding ways to ruin/kill these people. My karma didn't take a huge hit either from it so I was still at good karma.

Also Zeta is boring as hell...

I thought that part was many cosmetic since I got a bunch of bad karma but afterwards I was still good. I found that house but couldn't figure out the sequence.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm in Vault 112 now. That Tranquility Lane scenario is kinda lame. I don't like losing karma!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

The great thing is, even if you go about doing a certain mission or segment in such a way that you lose a ton of karma, you can always gain it right back by finding one of the beggars and giving them a bunch of purified water.

I loved the tranqulity lane sequence. My first time through I was super nice. but my next play through I played ass the biggest a-hole in history. I killed almost every person I met, including the ENTIRE Brotherhood of Steel.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Played a good karma character, but honestly I had a lot more fun on Tranquility Lane finding ways to ruin/kill these people. My karma didn't take a huge hit either from it so I was still at good karma.

Also Zeta is boring as hell...[/QUOTE]

I agree, Zeta the alien spaceship is boring , but there are some cool alien weapons.

Zeta was definitely beyond boring for me, and this is coming from a guy who rushed through all of the DLCs and loved this game beyond belief. There was simply nothing fun about Zeta for me. It became a chore.

I bought the FO3 for 20, Anchor/Pit for disc for 3 bucks on clearance at Target, and got the other 3 expansions on the daily sale. After playing it, it was worth every dime and then some.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I agree, Zeta the alien spaceship is boring , but there are some cool alien weapons.[/QUOTE]
It feels (at least on the ship) that all the alien weapons were weak. Like I did alot more damage with my SMG and plasma rifle then I did with alien weapons.

[quote name='shieryda']She's asked me to kill someone now, and I don't really want to do it. I tried to beat her ass earlier, and she atom-bombed my ass out of the sequence.[/QUOTE]

Like the rest of the game, you still have the freedom to explore, and there is a good karma option even in Tranquility Lane. Just look around, talk to everyone, etc. Im not sure if you went too far though if you reached that part.

I picked up a bunch of alien crystals during the Mothership Zeta mission. Can these be sold to a vendor back on land?

The alien weapons are fun to use (watching your enemies dissolve into a pile of dust is pretty sweet), but they lack the punch of a trusty ol' Chinese assault rifle!

that was probably my favorite part of the game. loved the "pint sized slasher"

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Zeta was definitely beyond boring for me, and this is coming from a guy who rushed through all of the DLCs and loved this game beyond belief. There was simply nothing fun about Zeta for me. It became a chore.[/QUOTE]

So true, I stopped like halfway through Zeta and Zeta and it's achievements are the only thing keeping me from 100%.

Suprised they released such a dud after Point Lookout and Broken Steel.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Suprised they released such a dud after Point Lookout and Broken Steel.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. They seemed to just keep getting better with the DLCs. In my opinion, they really did go in order. OA was the weakest. The Pitt was a little better. Broken Steel was quite good. And then, Point Lookout was a blast. I would have loved to play a full game in a setting like that.

EDIT: Oh, and is anyone else gonna see The Book of Eli? It's already got some awful reviews, but anything that vaguely reminds me of Fallout now has my interest, especially with the long wait until New Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely appolgize if this has already been asked, but i looked through quite a few pages in this thread and on page one to see if you had any sort of faq's posted, so here goes. About a month or so ago I bought the game of the year edition, and boy everything i loved about oblivion and MUCH more is in this game, i am enjoying it A TON. Just tonight i decided to instal the 5 dlc packs that come with the game and was wondering if us GOTY people are entitled to that free premium theme that you receive for buying all 5 dlc's, and if so, how do i get it? I go to the game marketplace and it wants to charge me 240 for it. What am i missing? Thank you very much for any help!

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I sincerely appolgize if this has already been asked, but i looked through quite a few pages in this thread and on page one to see if you had any sort of faq's posted, so here goes. About a month or so ago I bought the game of the year edition, and boy everything i loved about oblivion and MUCH more is in this game, i am enjoying it A TON. Just tonight i decided to instal the 5 dlc packs that come with the game and was wondering if us GOTY people are entitled to that free premium theme that you receive for buying all 5 dlc's, and if so, how do i get it? I go to the game marketplace and it wants to charge me 240 for it. What am i missing? Thank you very much for any help![/QUOTE]

you had to buy them by a certain time, and you also how to physically download them from xbox. not install any of the disc's. you will have to pay if you want it

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']you had to buy them by a certain time, and you also how to physically download them from xbox. not install any of the disc's. you will have to pay if you want it[/QUOTE]

That figures.....Well thanks for the response, its appriciated!

All of the DLC is now 400 points through 3/28. I was planning on picking up the GOTY version eventually, but I was swayed by the convenience of the Games On Demand version combined with half price DLC. Not having to get out of the chair to switch over to Fallout 3 is awesome.

I finally "finished" Fallout 3 last weekend. Just over 100.5 hours. The only thing I had left to do off the top of my head was kill all the Super Mutant behemoths. I know I killed a couple of them, so it would have been just a matter of reading to find out where the other few were, but I wanted to move onto something else.

Easily one of the best games I've ever played.

So, I need a little help here. I started playing Fallout today, but it won't let me use the DLC's (GOTY version) anymore. I did a license transfer recently, and they were working fine before, on this same xbox. It comes up with a "Content is not present" thing when I load the save file. I'm almost at the end of Broken Steel, so I'd like to finish it >_>

Anyone got any clues for a fix?

Oddly enough, I just picked this game up today. Excited to start playing. Anyway, I got the non-GOTY version, so what are the DLC's that I should and shouldn't get?

[quote name='matto1233']Oddly enough, I just picked this game up today. Excited to start playing. Anyway, I got the non-GOTY version, so what are the DLC's that I should and shouldn't get?[/QUOTE]
Get them all.

[quote name='matto1233']Oddly enough, I just picked this game up today. Excited to start playing. Anyway, I got the non-GOTY version, so what are the DLC's that I should and shouldn't get?[/QUOTE]

Definitely get Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

The Pitt is good but really short, and I thought the other two (especially the alien one) were kind of crap.

I think the Jiggs loot is glitched for me. I did the passcodes, but can't find the body or rifle. Swear I saw the notice once..but now can't see any notes. Major bummer. :(

With all the talk about Fallout 4 I decided to head back to the Wasteland... and man it's been a while. Popped an achievement and checked when the last time I did that with this game, 2010. I had also picked up all the DLC with one of the weekly sales a while ago and it was all loaded when I loaded my last save. Just way more other games took over my time, plus loosing 4 hours of gaming due to falling into a death loop initially turned me away from this game. Fallout 3 is my game of the weekend though and I've been having a blast yet again (and remembering to save every once and a while).

I had decided to check out Point Lookout but then the guy told me be wary as the difficulty is ramped up. What level should I be with this DLC? I decided to keep going in downtown DC and the Super Mutants (going for the Deceleration of Independence atm). The game glitched as I had lost Sydney and played for 3 hours afterwards doing random things until I decided to look it up online finding out that I need Sydney to get me into the next area.   

Went back to a previous save and was able to go through that but I'm having a hell of a time keeping her alive while taking on the robots underneath the Archives. I lost her again and decided to just finish up the quest but then after I had reached the room with the one robot talking to me the game froze.  fuck this game, lol it's a love hate relationship right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back