Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Heh... I got the extra code as well. If my friend who hasn't had internet in months doesn't want it then I'm going to try trading mine in for a Gold Hammerburst. If I can't swing that or trading for points then I'll just give it away to one of you guys.

Stay tuned. =P[/QUOTE]
Yay, I love giveaways! :D

[quote name='$1.25']Anyone think the DLC will go on sale once the GOTY comes out?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but it would be nice. I plan on getting the GotY edition since I don't own the game.

If anyone else gets an extra theme and feel generous please PM me. I don't have any extra MS points but I'd be willing to send 200 Wii points your way.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']A reminder if you bought all of the DLC packs, they've sent out codes for the free theme.

Checked my email just now and saw it there.[/QUOTE]

I called Xbox CS about this because I didn't receive a code. The cs rep told me it was only elligible if you purchased all dlc between sept22 and today's date. Is there stated time on purchase? Cause I thought it was BEFORE sept 22...

[quote name='Salamando3000']I did notice the Operation Anchorage/The Pitt Expansion Disc on clearance at Target yesterday. Anyone interested might want to check that out.[/QUOTE]

How much was it? I checked the Target thread, but didn't see any posts about it.

Man do I feel like I wasted some money with just getting Broken Steel/Point Lookout disc for 20 bucks. AH if someone gets an extra code pm me please, I didn't think the other dlcs were worth it from what I've heard, (maybe excluding The Pit).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Man do I feel like I wasted some money with just getting Broken Steel/Point Lookout disc for 20 bucks. AH if someone gets an extra code pm me please, I didn't think the other dlcs were worth it from what I've heard, (maybe excluding The Pit).[/QUOTE]

I definitely feel there is a big gap between Broken Steel/Point Lookout and then rest of the DLCs. I mean, I loved Fallout 3, but getting through Mothership Zeta was a real chore. I simply wasn't having any fun. The other two are ok, and the equipment you can get is certainly pretty good.

Forgive me if it's been asked before, but are the disc-based dlc packs stand-alone, meaning you don't have to have the main Fallout 3 disc to play?

I got the GOTY today and it literally sounds like my 360 is going to explode while playing it. It has never sounded like this before.

Hope it isn't a sign of bad things with my system.

Anyways. Off to the Pitt. Finished a couple side quests on Broken Steel. All that is left is Zeta, Pitt and Lookout :(

I do NOT want this game to end.

Seems like Blockbuster may not be renting this game. At least not the one by me. Suppose I'll have to just pick up the dlc discs off of Goozex.

Hi, i just want to make sure if understand this edition. All addons (pitt etc..) are included in this pack.
wow.. i have it on pc, but i really consider it to rebuy it again just to play it on my xbox again.
This is one of the games i have to have.

[quote name='yester']Hi, i just want to make sure if understand this edition. All addons (pitt etc..) are included in this pack.
wow.. i have it on pc, but i really consider it to rebuy it again just to play it on my xbox again.
This is one of the games i have to have.[/QUOTE]

yes, all 5 dlc packs are included in the GOTY edition

So I just got the GotY edition today; can anyone tell me the best way to go about playing it? Should I just install all the DLC right away? I know one of the expansions raises the level cap; if I install it before I pick up my old save, will the main F3 game have the raised level cap in it as well?

Also, are the DLC missions only available after you beat the main game, or do they become available as soon as you install them? I haven't played this since I first rented it when it came out, so I have no idea how the content is handled.

If you are already mid-game, all of the DLC content becomes immediately available upon installation. So, the level cap will be raised, and the quests for Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta can be done. Broken Steel's missions extend the game, so they will be available later.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']The GOTY Edition Hard Cover guide is on Amazon for 23.09 Don't have the game yet, but I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

I was tempted when it was $17.99, but I passed. I've been using the online Wiki (helps having a laptop right next to me when I'm playing).:D

I just installed the 2 2-disc expansions, but haven't played any more since about 3 weeks ago. Hope to get back into it once I finish Dead Space (maybe this weekend).

Alright, so I started playing again, and I need some help.

In the main story, I have to go to the radio station, but on the way
I'm pretty sure there was a Super Mutant,
and I'm not a high enough level to deal with it (I'm almost level 7). I have the same problem trying to complete chapter 3 of that woman's Wasteland Survival Guide, which I started doing to gain levels to do the main quest, haha. On the way to Rivet City, I take the path down by a big stretch of water, and when it comes time to turn
there is a Super Mutant, along with a Super Mutant Behemoth,
and probably more I don't know about. My question is how do I eventually go about dealing with all these mofos.

Also, to avoid having to deal with these guys for now, I went exploring, and I came to the trader town (I forget the name) all the way up to the Northeast, by the Scrapyard. I saw
the AntAgonizer and the robot guy duking it out, and I accepted the quest to deal with one of them,
but I'm not sure which one I should deal with. Are their consequences for doing one or the other. Also, I can't find where the Robot guy lives.

Whew, that was a lot of typing.

When you're headed to the Galaxy News Radio station you should run into some of the Brotherhood of Steel members and you can basically just follow them. Also I think you should wait a bit to complete the survival guide and I think the Ant guy is the one you deal with, not sure if you even get to choose.

I didn't have any problems with difficulty the entire game except for maybe 1 or 2 little parts but I've been getting raped on Point Lookout, I actually lowered the difficulty to easy which I didn't want to do because I gain less XP. I think part of my problem is that I don't have all of the badass armor and weapons I got towards the end of the game. If I could reload the double barrel shotgun faster that might help a lot but even on easy those Ferrel Ghoul Reavers are insane.

[quote name='schuerm26']I got the GOTY today and it literally sounds like my 360 is going to explode while playing it. It has never sounded like this before.

Hope it isn't a sign of bad things with my system.

Anyways. Off to the Pitt. Finished a couple side quests on Broken Steel. All that is left is Zeta, Pitt and Lookout :(

I do NOT want this game to end.[/QUOTE]

If you have the space, install it to your hard drive. I felt like I could finally hear the audio in the game without blasting it once I installed my copy.

Also, a word of advice, don't save mothership zeta for last. I played the DLC packs all as they came out, and I wish that I didn't do zeta last. It wasn't bad, but it was probably once of the dullest quest lines in the game, so I was a little disappointed that that was the last thing I had left to do in the game. IMO, I'd save point lookout for last, as it's probably the strongest DLC. Broken Steel would be a good way to end your time in Fallout 3 too.

You ain't alone. I love this game to death. I've played through it a couple of times and like going back just to screw around. But it was an absolute chore getting through MZ. It's just extremely boring. Nothing about it is much fun.

Does it feel like the game was made without breaking it up at all into DLC, if you just play the game without any DLC or does it feel only like a full game after playing the DLC?

[quote name='J7.']Does it feel like the game was made without breaking it up at all into DLC, if you just play the game without any DLC or does it feel only like a full game after playing the DLC?[/QUOTE]
The game feels just fine alone. Broken Steel extends the storyline and level cap, but the ending personally feels as conclusive as the original (not very much), more then anything it feels like an excuse to continue on with the character you've made (never a bad thing). Though majority or the DLC feels worth it just for extending the mythos and world beyond the Wasteland.

Indeed. I beat the game before all of the DLCs, and it's an awesome experience. Broken Steel does feel heavily tacked on, but it's still quite enjoyable. The other DLCs are ok, but nothing all that special. The story line in Point Lookout, though, is pretty good.

Man, I need to get back into my GOTY Edition soon... been itching to play some Fallout 3, but I've been so busy playing Modern Warfare 2 online with friends plus I finally got around to getting Dead Space, which is getting better and better the farther into the game i get.

It still bugs me I haven't been able to track down that escaped android... that was the last quest I got obsessed with before I stopped playing. Tried to get into the lower part of Rivet City to talk to the scientist but the lock is hard, and my character isn't exactly a pro at lockpicking... at all. Still determined to finish it without help though.

I've been ignoring requests to play MW2 in order to play Fallout or Borderlands. Not sure why I even bought MW2 at launch, since I was really only interested in the campaign.

I need to up my lockpicking skill, too. There are so many damn perks, too, that it's getting tough to pick and choose which ones to focus on.

I usually save right before I try to pick a lock, and then if I break a bobby pin, I'll just load the save and try again.

Got back to playing on 360 after putting some time in on the PC version. I didn't mind starting over since this game is so damn fun! I found the Vault-Tec HQ last night--very cool. I had that android quest on my PC game, but haven't hit Rivet City yet on 360.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but Avatar items will be available this Thursday:

falloutavatars.jpg

Good news for fans of purchasing digital clothing for digital people, Bethesda has announced that Fallout 3 Avatar items will be hitting XBLM this Thursday, November 26. There are lots of items available, including a nifty Vault 101 suit with a sweet PIP-Boy. The cream of the crop has to be the full Vault Boy suit though, with its creepy, soulless expression. That one, by the way, is available only for male Avatars, which seems a bit silly. The rest swing both ways.​

• Vault 101 Suit -- 240
    microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
    ($3)
  • Bethesda Game Studios Shirt -- 80
    ($1)
  • Fallout 3 Ringer Shirt -- 80
    ($1)
  • Vault Boy Shirt -- 80
    ($1)
  • Vault Boy Suit -- 240
    ($3)
  • Vault Boy Head -- 80
    ($1)
http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/11/23/fallout-3-avatar-gear-coming-this-week/

I will probably never, ever, ever, ever spend any kind of money on these dopey Avatar items, especially not $3 for the...um..."cooler" stuff. That being said, if they had Power Armor, I might have to eat my words. These things, though, definitely won't get me.

Something awesome happened to me today.

I was wandering around Rivet City, initially to find out where my Dad went but later, I was looking for the Dr. for the "Replicated Man" quest. Anyhow, I find the doctor but he doesn't tell me anything interesting. I notice that he has a locked computer in his office. I try and hack it without him noticing but he saw me. He punches me in the face and takes off running. I follow him and he crosses the hallway to his little apartment. Once in there he arms himself with a baseball bat and comes rushing back at me. At this point I reloaded my save prior to trying to hack his computer but I was floored by the level of the AI. I've been playing this game off and on for a year and things still surprise me.

Fallout 3 - GOTY for 2008 and 2009.

Seriously. It's one of the few games this generation that I have gone back to multiple times. Even during subsequent playthroughs, you still stumble upon stuff you didn't notice in your first go-around.

I Kinda wish they'd release some kinda info on that Vegas side story or whatever it is. All this DLC does have me hankering for more from the Fallout universe. That and I still think one of my favorite moments this console generation is probably Tranquility Lane still. Especially when it wasn't until AFTER I slaughtered everything that I realized there was a way to do it while maintaining good karma. Though looking back now and knowing what I know, I still would loosen the bolt on that oven and watch the mayhem that ensues...

I like that Vault Boy shirt, but probably won't buy it.

By the time New Vegas comes out, I'll probably still be playing this version. Still plodding along through Anchorage. Any idea how many hours that section takes?

Level 11 now, and got the "Mysterious Stranger" perk. Bad ass.

I love my Vault Boy but that mask is just creepy. Was hoping for some cool Avatar stuff and this doesn't quite live up to my expectations.

I might actually get the Vault Suit, though I really wish it was the armored version. The thing that makes me get avatar items is when I have a very small amount left after buying a game or content.

Noticing some slight hiccups now that the new dlc content has been loaded. Anyone else having this issue? I'll try to weed out some older game saves, too, to see if that helps. Oblivion did the same thing with the extra content.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love it if Bethesda did something along the lines of Halo Waypoint. I love checking out "The Vault" (the Fallout wiki).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't know about anyone else, but I would love it if Bethesda did something along the lines of Halo Waypoint. I love checking out "The Vault" (the Fallout wiki).[/QUOTE]

That site has saved my ass more than once. Very in-depth. Better than any guide I've seen. And...it's free!

bread's done
Back