Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='javeryh']LDT @BUF or
McFadden vs. HOU?

I'm leaning towards LDT even though I hate him. I also have the choice between:

Shockey vs. CAR or
Olsen @ NYG

Olsen is projected for the better game but I already have Cutler as my QB this week AND I'm a huge Giants fan and I will be pissed off these asshats score. I don't know if I can do it.[/QUOTE]

I should slap you. You can't bench a hot player until they prove otherwise. That means McFadden should be starting every week until he gets hurt or slumps. However, if you're concerned about Texans' D, remember they only faced Portis, Addai (who only had 10 carries), and a disfunctional Dallas triumvirate.

As for your TE, I'd play Shockey. He's played better than Olsen - in a fantasy perspective - and I don't trust Martz when it comes to TE usage.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Surprising Stat of the week:
San Francisco: 5th most generious to RBs
Oakland: 8th most generous
Cleveland: 26th most generous (7th stingiest. Yes, stingier than Baltimore and Minnesota)

Roll with Turner and Foster. That's a good dilemma to have, though.[/QUOTE]

If that's only going off this season, how accurate is that really? The only good rushing attack they faced was Baltimore and their two main RBs averaged 5.3 and 4.1 yards per carry respectively. The other two teams were KC and Tampa. Now, maybe Cleveland is a surprise team, but the stat seems a little misleading to me personally.

Looking up Oak and San Fran, Oak played Tennessee / St Louis / Arizona while San Fran played Seattle / New Orleans / KC. Oak played against two great RBs. As for San Fran, hard to say. Maybe their defense isn't as good as everybody thinks it is.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Tony Gonzalez vs. SF or Shockey vs. Carolina?

I wish I could start them both lol.[/QUOTE]

haha i'd start gonzalez cuz ryan seems to target him more than brees targets shockey

[quote name='Steggy']very sparse at wr/flex since all my wrs and rb are on bye....

Jason Snelling, or Lagedu Nanee?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably go Nanee. Arizona's pass defense isn't one of the best and with Michael Turner being healthy and Patrick Willis on the other side of the ball, Snelling just doesn't really strike me as great start.

[quote name='Danimal']I love that you have a team full of guys that you hate and/or that you'll be rooting against this week. I know that feeling well. I'm a diehard Steelers fan, and last year I had Ced Benson and Ochocinco on my team. I hate those guys, but at least they were productive for me. I think I sat them whenever they played Pittsburgh, though. :lol:

I'd go with LDT and Olsen. Shockey had his big game last week; I expect him to disappear completely this week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kilraven']I should slap you. You can't bench a hot player until they prove otherwise. That means McFadden should be starting every week until he gets hurt or slumps. However, if you're concerned about Texans' D, remember they only faced Portis, Addai (who only had 10 carries), and a disfunctional Dallas triumvirate.

As for your TE, I'd play Shockey. He's played better than Olsen - in a fantasy perspective - and I don't trust Martz when it comes to TE usage.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why fantasy football is a total tossup. I know McFadden has been hot but LDT is going against the Bills AND he is pretty much the featured back right now. TE is a total guess. Shiancoe has a BYE which is why I'm now sure who to pick up and start.

Need to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, one flex out of: Portis, Hillis, Shone Green, Ray Rice

Braylon, Roddy White, Ochocinco, Steve Smith (CAR), Santana Moss, Malcolm Floyd

Obviously have a lot more WR depth than RB.

I was thinking

Hillis
Portis (bench him if Ray Rice is healthy)

White
Floyd
Moss

Thoughts?

[quote name='Stevesbored']Need to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, one flex out of: Portis, Hillis, Shone Green, Ray Rice

Braylon, Roddy White, Ochocinco, Steve Smith (CAR), Santana Moss, Malcolm Floyd

Obviously have a lot more WR depth than RB.

I was thinking

Hillis
Portis (bench him if Ray Rice is healthy)

White
Floyd
Moss

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I think you got it right

[quote name='Stevesbored']I don't trust Portis or Rice this week. Definitely need to look at trading a WR for a RB.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Shonn Greene isn't living up to that preseason hype and with LDT's reemergence his value continues to drop. Reports are saying that the Skins will be using Portis a lot less moving forward this year. Ray Rice will be fine especially after he shakes this injury.

here are my options for this week:

RB:
Ryan Mathews (vs Cards) or Jahvid Best (vs Packers and is also listed as questionable but will play)

Pick 3:
Austin Collie (vs Jags and is also listed as questionable but has practiced everyday and will likely play) or Brandon Marshall (vs Pats) or Malcom Floyd (vs Cards) or the Panthers Steve Smith (vs Saints).

Thank you in advance!

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']here are my options for this week:

RB:
Ryan Mathews (vs Cards) or Jahvid Best (vs Packers and is also listed as questionable but will play)

Pick 3:
Austin Collie (vs Jags and is also listed as questionable but has practiced everyday and will likely play) or Brandon Marshall (vs Pats) or Malcom Floyd (vs Cards) or the Panthers Steve Smith (vs Saints).

Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

Definitely Matthews at RB. Even if Best plays, there's no telling how long that toe will hold up and I have a feeling Detroit will have to go to the air to try and catch GB all day. Not to mention, Matthews is playing against the 2nd worst run D in the league.

WRs: Collie (Now expected to play), Floyd, and Brandon Marshall

[quote name='maccabee72']Definitely Matthews at RB. Even if Best plays, there's no telling how long that toe will hold up and I have a feeling Detroit will have to go to the air to try and catch GB all day. Not to mention, Matthews is playing against the 2nd worst run D in the league.

WRs: Collie (Now expected to play), Floyd, and Brandon Marshall[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for the quick and helpful advice

Help me pick my flex (be sure to show your work)

Driver vs Det
Clayton vs Sea
Forsett vs Stl

Normally I like the RB at flex option, but both Driver and Clayton seem like good plays this week.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I need two RBs:

Peyton Hillis vs CIN
Ray Rice vs PIT
Brandon Jackson vs DET
LaDanian Tomlinson vs BUF[/QUOTE]

Brandon Jackson sucks...HARD. But so does the Detroit defense. I think you stay with Rice if he plays and Hillis is pretty hot right now so go with him.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I need two RBs:

Peyton Hillis vs CIN
Ray Rice vs PIT
Brandon Jackson vs DET
LaDanian Tomlinson vs BUF[/QUOTE] Hillis & LDT

[quote name='ZForce915']Help me pick my flex (be sure to show your work)

Driver vs Det
Clayton vs Sea
Forsett vs Stl

Normally I like the RB at flex option, but both Driver and Clayton seem like good plays this week.[/QUOTE]

I like Clayton to light it up against the Seahawks. I have him in my lineup this week.

Didn't get a response, so I'm going to try again.

Pick one fellas:

Brandon Jackson vs. Detroit
Jonathan Stewart @ NO
Ricky Williams vs. NE
BenJarvus @ Miami
Beanie @ SD

I think I like the Law Firm against Miami, but Jackson against the league's worst run D and a healthy Beanie have me questioning my choice.

[quote name='maccabee72']I like Clayton to light it up against the Seahawks. I have him in my lineup this week.[/QUOTE]

I put him in as well, only I benched Colston instead and kept Driver in. Stupid Colston.

[quote name='ZForce915']I put him in as well, only I benched Colston instead and kept Driver in. Stupid Colston.[/QUOTE]

I've got Colston also. Keeping him in though....He's overdue for a big day IMO

[quote name='maccabee72']I've got Colston also. Keeping him in though....He's overdue for a big day IMO[/QUOTE]

So far benching Colston looks good for me. Only 2 points (AGAIN) out of him with a quarter to play.

I started LT in every league I own him in except one and jackpot! LT and TO in one of my leagues already won the match up for the week and those 2 are the only ones that have played so far.

Do not play any Saints players except Brees.

[quote name='Tony208']

Do not play any Saints players except Brees.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, this since Thomas is injury prone and Brees throws the ball to everyone.

[quote name='Steggy']kuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn[/QUOTE]

KUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHN!

Kuhn is better than Jackson. But not good enough to start. Pick up a damn running back Green Bay!

Of course this is the week I bench Calvin Johnson because of poor performance so far. Tried to change my mind before I got to work but I couldn't get the Yahoo fantasy page to respond properly on my phone's browser.

Well this blows. I never touched my one ESPN league for most of the week, and I made my changes this morning. Or at least, I thought I did. Turns out my moves of putting in Mathews and Carolina Smith never registered so I have Portis and Tolbert in there.

Although in the case of Smith, I guess it doesn't matter.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Of course this is the week I bench Calvin Johnson because of poor performance so far. Tried to change my mind before I got to work but I couldn't get the Yahoo fantasy page to respond properly on my phone's browser.[/QUOTE]

I was so close to benching him. I had Bradshaw in my flex all week, but about ten minutes before game time I swapped Megatron in. He's pretty much saving me right now since Gary Kubiak is a tool and sat Foster without saying a damn word. Thanks for the big fat goose egg dick.

[quote name='SEH']I was so close to benching him. I had Bradshaw in my flex all week, but about ten minutes before game time I swapped Megatron in. He's pretty much saving me right now since Gary Kubiak is a tool and sat Foster without saying a damn word. Thanks for the big fat goose egg dick.[/QUOTE]

Foster just busted a 74 yard TD run.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Foster just busted a 74 yard TD run.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Kubiak stopped being a moron and actually put him into the game like half-way through the second quarter.

[quote name='JStryke']Well this blows. I never touched my one ESPN league for most of the week, and I made my changes this morning. Or at least, I thought I did. Turns out my moves of putting in Mathews and Carolina Smith never registered so I have Portis and Tolbert in there.

Although in the case of Smith, I guess it doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Guess it worked out well since Tolbert is getting the work load and not Matthews.

[quote name='DomLando']Guess it worked out well since Tolbert is getting the work load and not Matthews.[/QUOTE]

I saw that a little while ago. About 5 more points if I saw it correctly. Funny how that works out. Depends what Nicks (for me) and Knox (for him) do tonight, but right now, it looks like I might win that matchup (up by two).

And I'm 3-1 in my money league. Gates, Wayne, and Foster combine for 77 points, my opponent as a whole had 74. Beating him by 20 (have Gould tonight). Other than those three for me, and my opponent having Rivers and MJD, our teams did nothing.

I just checked the bears score, and noticed my replacement for Hartley has 0 points as well (I pick up Gould). Not that it matters as I already won this week, but the transaction move did cost $1.

Foster is beast, he sat out the first quarter and still got 30+ points. Tomlinson is a must start and I'd start him above anyone including Peterson and CJ. You put a hall of fame RB with one of the best run teams and it has to end up good like we saw today.

Trade offered to me should I accept? I give up Steve Smith (Panthers) Clinton Portis, Torrian, Carlson, and Devry Henderson for Jennings, Thomas Jones, Heath Miller, & Saints D.

Smith just got hurt and is out till Week 6 or 7. And all the other guys except Carlson I dont start. Jennings would start for me and I would prob start Jones in my flex. I dont have a defense I use every week, as I go week to week based on match ups. Also I think with Big Ben coming back Miller's production should go up. Any thoughts?

I'd do it. Jennings is a more consistent #1 WR than Smith is, not to mention he's got a much better quarterback throwing to him. I think you get upgrades at every single spot in that trade. Jennings is better than Smith and Henderson, Jones is better than both RB's combined, Miller is a more viable option than Carlson, and the Saints defense isn't too bad either.

[quote name='DomLando']Trade offered to me should I accept? I give up Steve Smith (Panthers) Clinton Portis, Torrian, Carlson, and Devry Henderson for Jennings, Thomas Jones, Heath Miller, & Saints D.

Smith just got hurt and is out till Week 6 or 7. And all the other guys except Carlson I dont start. Jennings would start for me and I would prob start Jones in my flex. I dont have a defense I use every week, as I go week to week based on match ups. Also I think with Big Ben coming back Miller's production should go up. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Miller's production will go up for sure when Ben is back. The only thing I'd be concerned about is Portis/Torrain for Jones. If you already have a good stockpile of RBs then it should be fine. But if Portis is your 1 or 2, then that could be a problem. Other than that, I think it's an upgrade for you all around.

[quote name='SEH']I'd do it. Jennings is a more consistent #1 WR than Smith is, not to mention he's got a much better quarterback throwing to him. I think you get upgrades at every single spot in that trade. Jennings is better than Smith and Henderson, Jones is better than both RB's combined, Miller is a more viable option than Carlson, and the Saints defense isn't too bad either.[/QUOTE]

Plus Steve Smith got carted off the field yesterday during the Saints game with an ankle injury. Not sure how serious it is yet, but if you can get rid of him for the easily much more consistent Jennings, do it.

Was anyone else screaming at Mike Vick to "slide!!!" as he was running to the goal line? That cost me my week in my top-priority league.

[quote name='Mike23']Was anyone else screaming at Mike Vick to "slide!!!" as he was running to the goal line? That cost me my week in my top-priority league.[/QUOTE]

Blame his injury to the coaching staff. They should have just kicked the field goal when it was 4th and inches.

bread's done
Back