Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

I'd go with Tavaris Jackson if you have a spot, the Vikings are loaded with talent and you could say the weak link is Favre. Those other options are horrible.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I know I can afford the loss, but, selfishly, this is about bragging rights and I wanna see if I can run the table, haha. I think I'm just gonna let this week slide, because I'm facing a 3-4 team who has a similar situation to me with a weaker roster.[/QUOTE]

There's no shot of going undefeated in fantasy football. It is seriously impossible.

[quote name='javeryh']There's no shot of going undefeated in fantasy football. It is seriously impossible.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I was 6-0 til this past week. Based on projected stats I should have easily beaten my opponent and gone 7-0 (294 vs 252) but 2 of my key players didnt show up (Romo and Donald Driver).

[quote name='TheRock88']Yup. I was 6-0 til this past week. Based on projected stats I should have easily beaten my opponent and gone 7-0 (294 vs 252) but 2 of my key players didnt show up (Romo and Donald Driver).[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget Brandon Lloyd...Yahoo doesn't appreciate the value of my team.

I'm keeping hope alive, dammit! Haha, I don't legitimately expect to run the table, but 7-0 is easily the best I've ever done. Best I've ever seen was 9-0.

Trying to decide my last flex spot..

Shonn Greene
Donald Driver
Patrick Crayton

What do you guys think? Leaning toward Crayton since Shonn has been a let-down all season.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Trying to decide my last flex spot..

Shonn Greene
Donald Driver
Patrick Crayton

What do you guys think? Leaning toward Crayton since Shonn has been a let-down all season.[/QUOTE]
Probably Crayton. He's gotten a lot of receptions since Floyd went down. He's probably their main guy now in a pass-first offense. Yeah I'd go with him.

I have a flex problem of my own: Felix Jones vs. JAC or Marshawn Lynch @OAK?

I need to figure out which QB to start here are my choices:

Sam Bradford
Jon Kitna
Vince Young
Jason Campbell
Troy Smith

I also have Jay Cutler as my main starter, so would be open to hearing if any of these guys would be better to start than him in the next few weeks.

The next area I need some help in is my last WR spot:

Starting:
Miles Austin
Danny Woodhead

Choices for third WR:

Mike Williams TB
Blair White IND
Patrick Crayton SD
Steve Breaston ARI
Anthony Gonzalez IND
Brandon Tate NE
Jordan Shipley CIN

Or if I'm putting too much faith in Austin and Woodhead give me other suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a pretty desperate move, trading Lloyd for Big Ben after Romo ate the turf. Do you guys think Ben will be decent the rest of the season?

[quote name='Mike23']I made a pretty desperate move, trading Lloyd for Big Ben after Romo ate the turf. Do you guys think Ben will be decent the rest of the season?[/QUOTE]

In a word, yes. He might not be Super Bowl QB caliber Ben Worthlessbastard, but he'll still perform really well, probably at least as well or better than Romo had been doing to this point in the season.

[quote name='Tony208']lol why do u have Cutler[/QUOTE]

Good point. He was awesome to start the year though. The only game he actually started for me though was against the Giants where he earned me -3 points.

im playing the 1st place team this week, im in 2nd place. im projected to win by 30+ points... that makes me nervous. if i win ill take first because i lead the league in points.

Advice for this week? Bench players in brackets. Let me know if I should switch out based on matchups.

QB: Brady
WRs: Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant [Mike Williams SEA, Roddy White on Bye)
RBs: AP, Torrain [Addai, Hillis on Bye]
W/R: Mike Hart [Addai injured and Brown might be as well]
TE: Moeaki
DEF: Kansas City [Baltimore on Bye]

Not sure if I should play Hart or Dez or let M.Williams have one of those 2 spots.

I'd bench Hart. It's tough to sit Williams when he's got 21 catches & 31 targets the past 2 games.

I've got 4 tasty options for 3 spots. Who to sit? PPR league.

Garcon: No Collie or Clark, vs 3rd worst WR D

Ward: 2 games with Big Ben, 2TDs. But NO has given up fewest pts to WRs.

Bowe: 4TDs last 2 weeks, vs Bills iffy pass D. But KC is definitely run-first.

Williams: see above

[quote name='klwillis45']I'd bench Hart. It's tough to sit Williams when he's got 21 catches & 31 targets the past 2 games.

I've got 4 tasty options for 3 spots. Who to sit? PPR league.

Williams: see above[/QUOTE]

I think you have to go with Garcon for sure, given that it's against Houston and they have injury problems. Wayne and Garcon should put up good numbers.

With Buffalo's WRs returning, Bowe is a good bet, especially against Buffalo.

I think you might have to sit Ward, since NO's secondary is pretty good. Williams has a favorable matchup with Oakland which is why I think I'll take your advice and play him over Hart.

Garcon is in for sure.

Bowe does scare me. He only had 5 targets & 3 catches last week. Luckily 2 were TDs.
He already burnt me vs Indy. 2r/33yds

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Trying to decide my last flex spot..

Shonn Greene
Donald Driver
Patrick Crayton

What do you guys think? Leaning toward Crayton since Shonn has been a let-down all season.[/QUOTE]

Crayton. Driver may not play and Greene is certified bust.

[quote name='dark2025']I have a flex problem of my own: Felix Jones vs. JAC or Marshawn Lynch @OAK?[/QUOTE]

I like Jones over Lynch. Moreso with Kitna at the helm.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I need to figure out which QB to start here are my choices:

Sam Bradford
Jon Kitna
Vince Young
Jason Campbell
Troy Smith

I also have Jay Cutler as my main starter, so would be open to hearing if any of these guys would be better to start than him in the next few weeks.

The next area I need some help in is my last WR spot:

Starting:
Miles Austin
Danny Woodhead

Choices for third WR:

Mike Williams TB
Blair White IND
Patrick Crayton SD
Steve Breaston ARI
Anthony Gonzalez IND
Brandon Tate NE
Jordan Shipley CIN

Or if I'm putting too much faith in Austin and Woodhead give me other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Start Kitna (he did well for only playing half a game. You're also putting way too much faith in Woodhead, I'm also leery of Austin until I know how Kitna is going to start throwing to him (however, it is hard not to start him). Your two other receivers should be Crayton and a coin flip between White and Gonzalez - I'm leaning towards White since he's played a game in the past two years.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Advice for this week? Bench players in brackets. Let me know if I should switch out based on matchups.

QB: Brady
WRs: Fitzgerald, Dez Bryant [Mike Williams SEA, Roddy White on Bye)
RBs: AP, Torrain [Addai, Hillis on Bye]
W/R: Mike Hart [Addai injured and Brown might be as well]
TE: Moeaki
DEF: Kansas City [Baltimore on Bye]

Not sure if I should play Hart or Dez or let M.Williams have one of those 2 spots.[/QUOTE]

Williams over Fitz, leave Bryant in. Williams has been more successful the past few weeks (not to mention Hasselback likes him) than Fitz. That said, if it looks like Brown will play, then bench Hart and play Fitz...

...then curse yourself when Hart blows up because Brown can't stay healthy.

[quote name='klwillis45']I've got 4 tasty options for 3 spots. Who to sit? PPR league.

Williams: see above[/QUOTE]

Sit Garcon. I think Tamme, White and Gonzalez is going to get far more looks than Garcon. With no Addai, Clark, or Collie, D's will focus on Wayne and Garcon.

Need some advice for WR this week. I'm starting Reggie Wayne, but Floyd is injured and Knox is on a bye. Should I start Patrick Crayton (against titans at home) or stick with Percy Harvin (@NE)? Harvin has a decent matchup with the NE secondary, but the problem is their QB situation. Do I take a chance and hope Favre plays, or bench him in case Travaris Jackson gets most of the play time?

[quote name='JStryke']Need some advice for WR this week. I'm starting Reggie Wayne, but Floyd is injured and Knox is on a bye. Should I start Patrick Crayton (against titans at home) or stick with Percy Harvin (@NE)? Harvin has a decent matchup with the NE secondary, but the problem is their QB situation. Do I take a chance and hope Favre plays, or bench him in case Travaris Jackson gets most of the play time?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it matters who is behind the helm in Minnesota for Harvin. Harvin is slot and should do well with either. You'd do well with either Harvin or Crayton, I think, and atleast it's a 4PM game.

Looking for some advice,

Starting lineup as of now:

QB: Peyton Manning vs Hou
WR: Colston vs Pit
WR: Steve Johnson @ KC
RB: McFadden vs Sea
RB: Felix Jones vs Jac
TE: Keller vs GB
Flex: Beanie Wells vs TB

Notable BN:
Lee Evans @ KC
Lance Moore vs Pit
Brandon Jackson @NYJ

So, anyway, my main concern is deciding whether I should start Lee Evans over Johnson. It is a PPR league (0.5 per)

I realize the smarter thing to do may be to start Evans over Colston since he's up against Pit and Pit's been on a roll. But I'm a bit of a homer on that regard.

The second concern is should I bench one of my RBs in order to play both Evans and Johnson (though I don't particularly care to start two players on the same team). While DMac is a given at this point for now. I'm hoping Jones has a breakout game against Jac with Romo out. And with Hightower not doing so hot and Wells maybe getting the starting role against TB, I'm hoping he racks up some points.

Anyway, just coming for some advice. TIA

Looking for a little advice this week from my fellow CAGs:

- Have Aaron Rodgers at QB, but also have Jets D. I hate to bench either one, but don't want to have all my eggs in one basket. I've also got Washington's D against a fresh off the injury list Stafford run Lion's offense. Should I stick with Rodgers here and go with Washington D or put all my eggs in one basket with the Jets? I love the healthy Jets D off the Bye week, but just can't imagine sitting Rodgers or having the Jets and Rodgers together on the same roster. (Note: Available WW Qbs: Freeman, Young, and Favre)

- Dilemma 2: Knowshon Moreno vs. SF in London or Beanie vs. TB for #2 RB?

I have the Washington D and the Jets D this week too. I'm starting Washington and I'm a Jets fan. Jets have a great defense, but they do so without getting many sacks or forcing many turnovers.

[quote name='kube00']Worth it to play Mike Williams or Blair White this week?[/QUOTE]

I am trying my luck with Mike Williams this week since he is their #1 (not saying alot but I think Lynch has helped open up the receivers). Blair White is too much of a question mark for me. They have Wayne and Garcon. I just don't think White will pull the numbers Collie does. Collie should realistically only miss 3 games.

I need a kicker for this week. The best choices are:

Hanson, Lions (WAS)
Carpenter, Dolphins (@CIN)
Janikowski, Oakland (SEA)

I'm leaning towards Janikowski but someone else in my league just dropped him for Folk. I don't have to drop anyone because I can IR Romo.

[quote name='kube00']Worth it to play Mike Williams or Blair White this week?[/QUOTE]

You know what you're getting with Williams. White is a sleeper, one who could throw up big numbers or lay an egg.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Looking for some advice,

Starting lineup as of now:

QB: Peyton Manning vs Hou
WR: Colston vs Pit
WR: Steve Johnson @ KC
RB: McFadden vs Sea
RB: Felix Jones vs Jac
TE: Keller vs GB
Flex: Beanie Wells vs TB
[/QUOTE]

I'd leave it. Evans and Johnson could go either way, but I expect good things from Wells this week.

[quote name='maccabee72']
... Should I stick with Rodgers here and go with Washington D or put all my eggs in one basket with the Jets?

- Dilemma 2: Knowshon Moreno vs. SF in London or Beanie vs. TB for #2 RB?[/QUOTE]

Washington D and Wells.

Just picked up Jonathan Stewart in a league that I was hurting at RB behind Peterson.... let's hope for a big game from him tomorrow. Picked up LaGarette Blount too.

[quote name='maccabee72']
- Have Aaron Rodgers at QB, but also have Jets D. I hate to bench either one, but don't want to have all my eggs in one basket. I've also got Washington's D against a fresh off the injury list Stafford run Lion's offense. Should I stick with Rodgers here and go with Washington D or put all my eggs in one basket with the Jets? I love the healthy Jets D off the Bye week, but just can't imagine sitting Rodgers or having the Jets and Rodgers together on the same roster. (Note: Available WW Qbs: Freeman, Young, and Favre)
[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the opposite of putting all of your eggs in one basket? Either Rodgers does really well and the Jets D doesn't, or the opposite happens. I'd say there's a very slim chance the Packers score a lot of points without Rodgers doing most of the work.

Guys- need some last second advice. SJax or Mendenhall? I've had Mendenhall listed as my starter all week waiting to hear if SJax would play. He's going to, so I'm tempted to switch Mendenhall out for him. These decisions always blow up in my face- if I don't switch, I should have, and if I do, the guy I sit goes off. Never fails. Who would you guys go with?

Edit: Too late to switch now. I left Mendenhall in. So if you have SJax on your team, congrats- you're about to get some big numbers from him this week. :lol:

I listened to my friend's advice and dropped Mike Sims-Walker this week and picked up Jonathan Stewart... As soon as I did it I knew it was a dumb thing to do, and sure enough...

In the league where I was undefeated, I decided to drop Johnny Knox and Ben Watson and I picked up Nate Washington and Derrick Ward. Thanks to Calvin Johnson, Antonio Gates, as well as Washington, I'm up 123-97. I have Mendenhall tonight and Ward tomorrow, he's got Ward tonight and Vinatieri.

This Moss trade to the Vikings isn't working out for fantasy owners. I spent my 1st pick on him and he hasn't even had a 20 point game (PPR league).

I'd say it's working out pretty decently actually. Then again, I have Harvin, not Moss. :D

My money league, looks like I got the win thanks to Gates and Stafford. He's got Mendenhall and Garcon, I have Wayne and Foster yet. Folk and NE did jack for me this week which hurt, but hey, a win's a win. And this week, I needed it. Beating the old man is the most satisfying win one can get.

My week comes down to Owen Daniels staying under 40 yards and no scores. Keep hope alive. Thanks alot for Seattle being a bust of a team this week (started Williams and Lynch... ouch).

Well Big Ben didnt do jack for my opponent Im up by 30 and he's got two more for tomorrow daniels and foster playing, think I've still got a chance, maybe...

on both my teams I have Foster and Schaub left, the competition has no one.

I'm down 41 in a league that's higher scoring, 30 in a league where TD's really rule the scoring and QB's get 6 for throwing a TD.

could be interesting.

I mentioned that Moss has been sucking for the Vikes. I'm hoping he goes to a team that really uses him. Bu then again, he was supposed to be the number 1 guy in Minnesota and did nothing.

[quote name='madbst']I mentioned that Moss has been sucking for the Vikes. I'm hoping he goes to a team that really uses him. Bu then again, he was supposed to be the number 1 guy in Minnesota and did nothing.[/QUOTE]

Moss becomes very interesting now. I'm considering throwing out a lowball-ish offer to see if I can snag him just in case something good happens.

Considering that move came from Childress (I assume no higher ups have confirmed it yet?), I'm REALLY hoping Moss doesn't go anywhere. I have Harvin in my money league and that could be a big blow seeing how Malcom Floyd is still injured (and hasn't had his bye yet).

guaranteed good points every week if you pick the D that goes up against the Panthers lol

week 1 Giants 15 pts
week 2 Bucs 14 pts
week 3 Bengals 13 pts
week 4 Saints 6 pts
week 5 Bears 18 pts
week 6 49ers 13 pts
week 7 Lions 15 pts

bread's done
Back