Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

The clutch drop of Johnny Knox in his bye week to pick up Nate Washington in addition to Calvin Johnson playing Jesus Christ Superstar gave my team fuck Tom Brady it's 8th win and keeps undefeated hope alive.

Foster & Vinateiri put me over in my main league. ended up winning by 18 after going into Monday down by 20.

In a pinch this week thanks to the byes. My flex is Deion Branch or picking up someone from waivers (slim pickings). Notables include Meachem, Hart (IND), Cotchery, & Tate (NE). I think I'm just going to roll the dice with Branch unless I can pull off a trade for Torain (trying to sell high).

Which 2 should I start out of these 4?

Percy Harvin vs ARI
Johnny Knox @BUF
Jeremy Maclin @IND
Hines Ward @CIN

I'm leaning torwards Harvin and Maclin

[quote name='Tony208']guaranteed good points every week if you pick the D that goes up against the Panthers lol

week 1 Giants 15 pts
week 2 Bucs 14 pts
week 3 Bengals 13 pts
week 4 Saints 6 pts
week 5 Bears 18 pts
week 6 49ers 13 pts
week 7 Lions 15 pts[/QUOTE]

LOL. Maybe I'll do this. I'm dropping Dallas ... cause y'know they suck.

----

Wanted to shout out thanks to this thread. I'm on my way to securing a playoff spot in my league.

[quote name='Tony208']Which 2 should I start out of these 4?

Percy Harvin vs ARI
Johnny Knox @BUF
Jeremy Maclin @IND
Hines Ward @CIN

I'm leaning torwards Harvin and Maclin[/QUOTE]

I was curious on this as well (debating between knox and harvin). Arizona doesn't scare me so much, but now Harvin can be double teamed with moss gone (and until rice comes back) and god knows who might start at QB for them. Right now, the Viking situation as a whole just scares me. If they keep Harvin in the slot he might be alright, but if they move him back to where he was before moss came in, then I'm not so sure personally.

PPR league. Gore & Torain on bye, so Forte is in. Who do I start at other RB spot?

Fred Jackson vs Bears (in Toronto @ Skydome)

Brandon Jacobs @ Seattle

I could also pick up Woodhead @ Cleveland. Thoughts?

The effects of Moss leaving are going to be worse for Harvin than for any other Vikings player. You know he's going to be double covered every play now.

[quote name='klwillis45']PPR league. Gore & Torain on bye, so Forte is in. Who do I start at other RB spot?
[/QUOTE]
I probably wouldn't start Jacobs AT Seattle. Teams don't play well in Seattle.

I'm leaning towards Woodhead.

Anyway, due to stupid byes I'm going to have both MJD and Gore sitting on my bench this week. That means one of my crappy backups is going to have to start: Lynch, Felix Jones, or Tolbert. Can't decide which...

[quote name='dark2025']The effects of Moss leaving are going to be worse for Harvin than for any other Vikings player. You know he's going to be double covered every play now.

I probably wouldn't start Jacobs AT Seattle. Teams don't play well in Seattle.

I'm leaning towards Woodhead.

Anyway, due to stupid byes I'm going to have both MJD and Gore sitting on my bench this week. That means one of my crappy backups is going to have to start: Lynch, Felix Jones, or Tolbert. Can't decide which...[/QUOTE]

Tolbert, he's been a TD gremlin all season.

[quote name='Tony208']Which 2 should I start out of these 4?

Percy Harvin vs ARI
Johnny Knox @BUF
Jeremy Maclin @IND
Hines Ward @CIN

I'm leaning torwards Harvin and Maclin[/QUOTE]

I would go with Maclin and Ward. I am a Bears fan and while on paper they should light up the passing game this weekend I hold no hope that this will actually happen. Percy is the real question mark here. He could be worth a look over Ward. Ward is probably the safer choice though.

[quote name='klwillis45']PPR league. Gore & Torain on bye, so Forte is in. Who do I start at other RB spot?

Fred Jackson vs Bears (in Toronto @ Skydome)

Brandon Jacobs @ Seattle

I could also pick up Woodhead @ Cleveland. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]I like Woodhead out of that group. I was thinking of putting in for him myself this week, but I guess someone else in my league grabbed him last week.

Which 2 would you guys go with?

Hakeem Nicks @ Seattle
Marques Colston @ Carolina
Mike Wallace @ Cincinnati

Oh, also, which horrible DST option would you settle for?

Seattle (vs NYG)
Miami (@ Baltimore)
San Diego (@ Houston)

[quote name='maccabee72']Who do you guys like for my 2nd RB this week?

- Beanie @ Min
- Brandon Jackson vs. Dallas
- LaGarrette @ ATL[/QUOTE]

Probably Jackson versus Dallas, but I like Blount versus Atlanta. Yes, Atlanta has done a fine job of shutting backs down lately, but I like him still.

[quote name='Danimal']I like Woodhead out of that group. I was thinking of putting in for him myself this week, but I guess someone else in my league grabbed him last week.

Which 2 would you guys go with?

Hakeem Nicks @ Seattle
Marques Colston @ Carolina
Mike Wallace @ Cincinnati

Oh, also, which horrible DST option would you settle for?

Seattle (vs NYG)
Miami (@ Baltimore)
San Diego (@ Houston)[/QUOTE]

Wallace and Nicks. Miami should be a lower scoring game than the others, so that would help a little there.

Devonne Bess (@ Bal) or Marques Colston (@ Carolina) in a non-PPR league.

I'm not particularly excited about either of these options this week, but I've got to choose one. :whistle2:/

Last edited by a moderator:
Really need some last minute fantasy advice, playing the league leader this week. Which of the following do you guys like for a non-PPR league flex option?

Shonn Greene
Michael Bush
Patrick Crayton

I'm leaning toward Greene because it is versus Detroit, but Bush has been more consistent. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Really need some last minute fantasy advice, playing the league leader this week. Which of the following do you guys like for a non-PPR league flex option?

Shonn Greene
Michael Bush
Patrick Crayton

I'm leaning toward Greene because it is versus Detroit, but Bush has been more consistent. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE] Crayton.
Floyd, Nanee, Davis & possibly Gates are all out & Houston pass D ranks dead last.

Hmmm...Wasn't thinking Crayton. Would you also start him over Johnny Knox and Percy Harvin? (I currently have Knox in there as my 2nd WR this week).

I need to start 2 RBs, which out of the group would you suggest?

Thomas Jones vs. OAK
Cedric Benson vs. PIT
Ronnie Brown vs. BAL

[quote name='JStryke']Hmmm...Wasn't thinking Crayton. Would you also start him over Johnny Knox and Percy Harvin? (I currently have Knox in there as my 2nd WR this week).[/QUOTE]

I would try to have both Knox & Crayton in the game. Knox is going up against a Buffalo D that cant stop anyone from scoring, and as previously said, Crayton is going up against the worst secondary in the league.

I haven't hooked up my TV yet in the office....is Gates out?

Him and Heap both play at noon....and if Gates isn't close to 75%...I'm playing Heap.

Someone got some late breaking news????

[quote name='JStryke']Hard to bench Reggie Wayne though. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Don't bench him, I would start Knox and have Crayton in the flex

Stupid Gates being out and Brent Celek not doing squat. Have to hope Palmer scores less than 18 points tomorrow.

137 points this week. Hillis and AP were dominant. Roddy White was a disappointment, but Fitzgerald and Mike Williams did pretty good for me. After dropping 4 straight to start the season and wallowing in 10th place (out of 10) after Week 4, I've won 5 straight and going to make the playoffs (5th after Week 9). Hillis, Torain, and Mike Williams have been great pickups for me from Waivers.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What are the chances of the Pitt D getting 21.6 points tomorrow? lol.... I really don't wanna lose my match up this week[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty tall order for any defense, even with the wacky defense scoring ESPN does. Personally, I want them to do well. Some sacks and picks to offset anything Palmer does would be quite nice. The score (what's currently) the 3rd or 4th most points this week in my league and lose would suck.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']What are the chances of the Pitt D getting 21.6 points tomorrow? lol.... I really don't wanna lose my match up this week[/QUOTE]

Bengals are bad but not Cowboys or Panthers bad, it's not gonna happen.

Right now I'm up 146-75 thanks to Michael turner, ray rice, hillis, Anthony hernandez, packers defense, and tom Brady, but he has t.o. left so I'm worried :p

Well, looks like team fuck Tom Brady is going to be 9-0 going into Week 10. Peyton Hillis got me more than 1/3 of my current total score, and I still have Mendenhall tonight, and he had nobody. I'm up 89-47. He had a lackluster day from the New England D and Ricky Williams that certainly helped save me.

A bummer, but I have Vick and Flacco so I should be ok. Hurts my kitty league though.

Also, to anybody who doesn't know, we start the thursday games this week (BAL @ ATL).

So to start off, should I stick with Turner against the Ravens defense or instead start Cedric Benson against the Colts?

Vick alone is fantasy gold, he is 14th in QB fantasy points in only 4 games and 3 quarters of football :hot: Averaging close to 27 points a game.

Benson has been pretty bad all year and Falcons are good at home so I'd go with Turner.

Shonn Greene
Ronnie Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Tim Hightower
Willis McGahee

I can start 2 and then have one in the flex spot - leaning towards Greene,Brown, McGahee

I also have Sidney Rice on the bench to put in the flex spot but don't think he's going to do much if he plays this week. (My other receivers are Reggie Wayne, DaSean Jackson, and Mike Wallace - so he definitely won't be taking one of the starting receiver spots anytime soon)

the guy im playing this week has so many people on bye that he dropped vincent jackson. i put in a waiver claim because im #2 right now. keeping my fingers crossed, could be a huge grab towards my playoff run.

[quote name='diddy310']Shonn Greene
Ronnie Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Tim Hightower
Willis McGahee

I can start 2 and then have one in the flex spot - leaning towards Greene,Brown, McGahee

I also have Sidney Rice on the bench to put in the flex spot but don't think he's going to do much if he plays this week. (My other receivers are Reggie Wayne, DaSean Jackson, and Mike Wallace - so he definitely won't be taking one of the starting receiver spots anytime soon)[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt play Rice in your flex just yet, wait and see how he looks in an actual game.

I'd play Ronnie Brown (supposedly Miami wants to run the ball more and he looked good last week.)
Shonne Greene (LT's production has dropped and Ryan wants a 50/50 split between the two going forward)
McGahee is risky but i'd play him because he has the chance for a td.

bread's done
Back