Far Cry 3 December 4

I've made my way through part of the intro, hope not to spoil anything...but just played the part where you're caged up, and you break out of the cage and making your way out of the pirate camp...and I'm so excited about this game, girlfriend came in and took over the TV..meh..but I'll get a chance to dive back into the game in an hour or so. can hardly wait..

[quote name='shotgunshine']LOL, that's awesome. I finally got the disc to read. I'm installing it now..can't wait to try this.[/QUOTE]

Its hard to explain, its like their is a chain of events like mine that will never happen to anyone else who plays this, basically almost impossible to replicate, which is what I love.

Also for that Dwarf photo I found hidden in a underwater cave, I finally read what it says

"Photo of a Dwarf, a picture of a naked dwarf, laughing and pointing at the camera, and he is not using his fingers......." lol wtf

[quote name='Poor2More']wooo that was pretty awesome, I was running through the lush dense jungle at night, not aware of my surroundings and see the natives of the island (good guys, your side) in a gun fight with some pirates, so I figure I go help out so I can loot their weapons/cash from their body......except when I was aiming down my iron sight, lined up a perfect headshot, about to squeeze the trigger, and a snake latches onto my arm with its fangs, so Im frantically trying to break away from the clutch the snake has on my arm, and I faill off a cliff (20-25 foot drop) into a lake, as I drifted towards the bottom so I can heal, I was attacked by an alligator!! I broke free of its bite, and I spot a small hole near the bottom of lake and cliff, and I swim as fast as I could and escaped the alligator and found a hidden loot sack containing "Photo of Naked Dwarf" WTF lol, I love this game just from them string of events.[/QUOTE]Ha ha, that's great. Clearly I'm going to have to stay away from this thread if I'm going to wait until Christmas to play this game. Reading stuff like this will make the next 3 weeks agony. :lol:

Random/funny things

I was hunting a pack of Goats (3) with my STG-90/w Red Dot Sight, I carefully went around a huge rock, about 10 feet from the herd, I opened fire and manage to kill 2 of the 3 goats, the last one sprinted towards the shipwrecked ocean (I was getting nervous, Im like can goats swim!?!?) I have 5 bullets left, I sprinted and gave chase while firing all 5 bullets, and 3 made contact, but the other 2 missed their mark. The goat is still breathing, it made it to the ocean sands, and waited to see what I did, I caught my breath and sprinted towards it once again, and it took off towards an abandon beach house by a hillside, I known if the goat made it to the hill, I would never catch it while going up the hill, so I had to think of something quick.....I had a single C4 detonator, so I only had one chance to make this right, as nightfall was coming and I knew the goats only showed up during the day. I sprinted, and chucked the C4 as far as I could with my best guess of the route the goat was planning on running, and I happen to guess it just right.....as the goat made his last sprint towards the rugged hill, I detonated the C4 as they cross path......boom!!!! Goat erupts off the ground cause by the explosion. I Skinned the final goat, and used its pelt to upgrade my quiver : ).

P.S I tried to be politically correct and hunt the goat with my machete....but the goat was just too fast to catch.

So far it's not bad. I don't think it's the GOTY I was hoping for, but it's very good.

So far my only random experience is trying to hunt goats to make a weapon holster. There was a large group of about four. I was perched atop my hill surveying them and planning a lethal strike. Suddenly something sprinted by me and all hell broke loose as the goats scattered. So I went down to go kill some goats and to try and figure out what had sprung by me. It was then it came in to clearer view that a leopard and four goats were in a fight to the death. I came in, cleaned up, and ended up with some nice new skins.

[quote name='Dark Rider']So far it's not bad. I don't think it's the GOTY I was hoping for, but it's very good.

So far my only random experience is trying to hunt goats to make a weapon holster. There was a large group of about four. I was perched atop my hill surveying them and planning a lethal strike. Suddenly something sprinted by me and all hell broke loose as the goats scattered. So I went down to go kill some goats and to try and figure out what had sprung by me. It was then it came in to clearer view that a leopard and four goats were in a fight to the death. I came in, cleaned up, and ended up with some nice new skins.[/QUOTE]

Trust me you will have plenty of random things happen, makes the world feel more alive then any other game. I had zero expectations for this game to tell you the truth, but after the glowing review scores, I had to buy it. I am loving it because of the RPG elements mixed in, animal hunting and crafting.

Basically what Im saying is, I had no hype for this game at all because of how much I disliked Farcry 2. This game blows me away, and the characters with backstory/intel in handbook is very interesting.

Loving it

I was on the hunt in a area that is known to have leopards (need their pelts for ammo pouch upgrade), but I dont witness any. Then all of a sudden I hear loud yelling and skidding down the dirt road is a truck with 3 pirates ready to ambush me...and they did just that, I killed one, and had a sliver of life left, so I dodge and sprint for cover behind an abandon shed, and the pirates each took a side of the shed making their way around to corner me from both sides, I manage to heal in time with my syringe.....but I still needed to reload my Assault Rifle. I swore I was doomed, then as one of the pirate made it around the shed to finish me off.....a huge brown bear came out of nowhere, stood on its hine legs, over 8 foot tall, eclipsing the scrawny pirate size, and mauled him to death, I manage to reload, sprinted to other side of the shed, and slid behind the second pirate, and slit his throat with my machete. The bear turned his attention to me and gave out a fierce roar as setting to pounce on me, and since I killed the pirate using my knife, I still had a full magazine left, I unloaded the clip into the bear for the kill, then skinned it for my victory prize.

Sorta funny, the bear saved my life during the ambush, but yet I took its life.

Any multiplayer impressions? I watched a video of someone playing on youtube, looks like a lot more fun than Halo to be quite honest, it's slower and there's more team play and diversity with the revive, do you revive your team mate and risk dying as well or do you let him bleed out and go on your way or do you stick around and use an enemy waiting to be revived as bait?

I like that there are some rewards for kill streaks but it doesn't go overboard like COD from what I could tell, I saw someone get some sort of gas strike where he launched gas canisters at a certain point in the map but didn't kill anyone and it was difficult to tell where the enemies were from the launcher perspective.

Game is damn good fun. I've haven't even touched the main or side quest missions. Just been hunting to carry more things and doing the radio towers.

I was going to a radio tower and was driving when I came across an enemy outpost...all of them started shooting. I took off but they did damage to me and set the car on fire...I jumped out and swam across the river with a slither of life left. I ran a bit to make sure they weren't following me. Just when I think i'm out the clear a tiger came out and mauled me to death...lol, I love this game.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Game is damn good fun. I've haven't even touched the main or side quest missions. Just been hunting to carry more things and doing the radio towers.

I was going to a radio tower and was driving when I came across an enemy outpost...all of them started shooting. I took off but they did damage to me and set the car on fire...I jumped out and swam across the river with a slither of life left. I ran a bit to make sure they weren't following me. Just when I think i'm out the clear a tiger came out and mauled me to death...lol, I love this game.[/QUOTE]

Bingo! its these unpredicable things that set this game apart.

I spoted 3 deers sprinting from the tall grass (about to the chest of main character) and figure I'll go ahead and clean up, I ran towards them, aim down my Red dot sight of assault rifle...boom one deer dead, boom 2 deer dead, got the last one in my sights, about to pull the trigger and out the corner of my eye I catch what the deer where fleeing from, sprinting from the tale vegetation...a Cheetah....but it was too late, once I tried to flip my weapon to my left side (where the cheetah is located), the lightning quick cheetah put me out of my misery. The deer scurried away, knew it got lucky.

I've had more jump scare moments with this game than Zombiu. The worst was going through a dark cave, the light pops on and then theres a crocodile lunging right at me.

I highly recommend everyone unlocking the Bull Shotgun. Thing takes down bears & tigers in one shot.

Solid game thus far though I feel the Skyrim comparisons are little overblown. Currently it's a stretch for me to imagine spending the same amount of time I did exploring FC3's SP unless I'm adamantly achievement hunting. The hand-me-down AC map is a royal pain in the ass to navigate on SD (yet another reminder I need to replace my Plasma). Also tying the hunting/crafting mechanic to every single inventory upgrade is becoming a chore to embrace when there's no available alternative. I can buy any instrument of death I please to the point I'm literally gifted them for activating radio towers yet am forced to hunt down f*cking sharks just to carry four weapons and 40 arrows? For zero XP per kill?

...Right.

Everything else aside from that has been golden. I love the fact you can go stealth with a god damn Model '87 out in the jungle to dispatch a group of soldiers without worrying about them using code ESP to auto snipe your current location. Plentiful inventory space after upgrades almost makes me forget about the lack of a storage chest. Vehicle controls are solid enough that for once I wish riding the terrain didn't give me a splitting headache and combining the fast travel system w/ a built in store is pure genius.

Overall I'd say this game is a smart buy for damn near anyone in my opinion. Tons of potential just definitely not a Skyrim killer for me in any sense yet.

I picked it up yesterday and played a couple hours last nite. At one point, I was diving in a creek looking for some plants. Out of nowhere an alligator bit my arm. I pulled out the knife/machete and killed it. Its dead carcass sank to the bottom of the river. Good times!

The randomness of this game is great.

So i'm on my way to liberate on outpost. I'm about 50 or so feet away and I take my camera out and zoom in to see if I can spot any enemies. I hear a tiger growl...I had been hearing it but never saw anything but this growl sounded very close. I put away my camera, look to the right and nothing. I turn around and a tiger is already in mid leap and pounces on me. I nearly had a heart attack. I manage to kill it, then I get closer to the outpost...about 20 feet away. Now I can see good so I have my camera out and i'm tagging enemies when I hear another tiger growl. I look to the right and there is one about 15 feet from me. He hasn't noticed me yet. I don't want to alert the enemies, and the only quiet weapon I have is a bow so I use that. First shot I get him right in the face, he comes charging at me. Second shot hits him, he's still coming...third shot takes him out literally a second before he would've jumped all over me. So i'm figuring out how i'm going to take over this outpost quietly. There is a sniper up high, and about 4 other guards all standing close to each other, right in front of the alarm. I notice they have a cage with a tiger in it. I shoot the cage with my bow and the tiger obliterates everyone minus the sniper, which I take out with my bow..outpost is now under Rakyat control.

I saw a review on youtube. The game reminded me of dead island for some reason.. Looks fun though. I might pick it up when the price drops

Sumatran Tigers are fucking gangsters.

Also gigantic terrifying orange furry tanks of righteous jungle fury when successfully lured into unsuspecting outposts for free 1500 undetected liberation XP.

That is all.

I am Delighted to get new version of Far cry. Hope newly added awesome assassination style with better visual effect charm gamer and will rise up amusement once ahead. I can’t wait any more.

[quote name='albiepearson']I am Delighted to get new version of Far cry. Hope newly added awesome assassination style with better visual effect charm gamer and will rise up amusement once ahead. I can’t wait any more.[/QUOTE]

wtf?

Got it from Gamefly yesterday and this is the first game I've stayed up all night playing by accident in soooo long. This actually may be my game of the year. I think I may even go for all the achievements!

[quote name='albiepearson']I am Delighted to get new version of Far cry. Hope newly added awesome assassination style with better visual effect charm gamer and will rise up amusement once ahead. I can’t wait any more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']wtf?[/QUOTE]

lolol

[quote name='cancerman1120']wtf?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dennisb407']lolol[/QUOTE]

I don't think English is his first language.

[quote name='viiral']I beat the game yesterday.

Awesome game but shitty ending, had 52 hours of fun though[/QUOTE]You put 52 hours in the game in like 2-3 days?

Just got this today from GS, the mangers get a free copy and the 1 didnt want his so he traded it in for something and I got it from him for $46 (used price) all he had to do was take the wrap off before trading it in/selling to me.

"I remember the first time I killed someone. It felt wrong and that's a good thing, right?

But now... it feels like winning."

Quote of the year.

P.S. -
I wish Liza would back the f*ck up and let the man get his action hero on in peace. His brother had such better taste in women it isn't even remotely close to funny. When she started mouthing off during the rescue chase I wanted to turn around and use the grenade launcher on her.

literally just spent two hours shooting at sharks with my bow

on a side note, don't like how skills are locked by story progression. i have like 7 unusable skill points right now

So I am 2 hours in and I am still happy with the game but not as crazy as I was before. I t just may be the first hour is really slow in the set up. I am sure things will start to pick up. Another thing that I do not like is the constant reminders popping up. I like that they are trying to be accessible but it really pulls you out the game world when my next mission pops up on the screen every 5 minutes. Sitting hoping to fall in love but I am still just crushing right now.

[quote name='gotdott']literally just spent two hours shooting at sharks with my bow

on a side note, don't like how skills are locked by story progression. i have like 7 unusable skill points right now[/QUOTE]
That was my biggest problem. I had 16 unusable skill points by the time I finally hit the point where the skill tree opened up more right before the
Skrillex
mission.

Minor complaints with the game so far:

1. Skills locked by story progression
As mentioned before, some people like to spend hours and hours free roaming but end up sitting on 10+ skill points. Kind of discouraging.

2. Too much money and not much to spend it on.
I actually stopped looting bodies a couple of hours in because you accumulate so much money and don't have much incentive to spend. The majority of the weapons get unlocked for free eventually so I found myself spending $15,000 on paint jobs that I'll never use.

3. Bears in caves, where did they go?
The first time you hunt the pair of bears in the cave it's a pretty tense experience, looking around for moving shapes with your flashlight. After that I proceeded through the next few caves slowly but realized that first mission was probably the extent of encounters in the dark.

4. Sharks are meh
Not as intimidating as I thought they'd be. They don't do very much damage to you and aren't very aggressive either.

5. Hunting is cool, but..
I feel like there should be more incentive beyond crafting pack upgrades. Especially since I'm at the halfway point and practically crafted everything already.

[quote name='krashhole']You put 52 hours in the game in like 2-3 days?[/QUOTE]

US is not the center of the earth. We got the game last month in EU

great game, but yeah i was sitting on 7 skill points and decided to just unlock all the unlockable skills instead of bank my points cuz even after doing the next 5 story missions they still werent unlocking more skills yet.
also i got a 360 code for bestbuy lost expedition dlc missions and flare gun in mp. any way to sell this or trade for like psn points or something? peace all

Yeah now that I am 6 hours into the game I am loving it. I am amazed how well it conveys emotion during the cutscenes. The voice acting is top notch. The randomness is awesome also. I was doing an early mission where
you have to blow the ammo dump
. After I finish I decide to run instead of fight so I dive into the river to get away and a dam croc attacks me. It scared me half to death but I kill the bastard and took his skin and still escaped.

Agree with what several of yall have said. You shouldn't have to do story missions to be able to unlock skills. I've hardly done any main quests. I've just been taking over outposts and unlocking the map with the radio towers. The game is great though. So far, thats my only complaint.

I think the main reason they lock the skills is that it serves the story. The idea that Jason starts off as this completely green guy who has never fired a gun into this warrior. I think if they allowed you to level up too fast it would not follow his transformation. It is a ding on the gameplay development but I like they want to tell this story and have your abilities mirror that progression. The tree opens up enough after meeting Citra that it is not a huge deal but you can definitely get way ahead in the beginning since your focus right off the bat is to explore.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think the main reason they lock the skills is that it serves the story. The idea that Jason starts off as this completely green guy who has never fired a gun into this warrior. I think if they allowed you to level up too fast it would not follow his transformation. It is a ding on the gameplay development but I like they want to tell this story and have your abilities mirror that progression. The tree opens up enough after meeting Citra that it is not a huge deal but you can definitely get way ahead in the beginning since your focus right off the bat is to explore.[/QUOTE]

It's understandable that Jason develops over the story but I think they could have set it up in a different way. If they segmented skill unlocks based on requirements that needed to be met in the world it would have worked better and flowed more naturally with free roam.

For example, performing a certain amount of takedown from aboves unlocks the double takedown from above, a certain amount of regular takedowns unlocks the chain takedowns, a certain amount of animal encounters unlocks the various hunt related skills. This way you feel as if you are actually becoming a badass through experience- the more you use a certain weapon, the faster you get at reloading and the better you get at hip firing. Skills like fire resistance and being able to stay underwater longer can be story related unlocks as they have more of a supernatural progression behind them.

Of course this is all just an opinion, I do still love this game.

[quote name='gotdott']It's understandable that Jason develops over the story but I think they could have set it up in a different way. If they segmented skill unlocks based on requirements that needed to be met in the world it would have worked better and flowed more naturally with free roam.

For example, performing a certain amount of takedown from aboves unlocks the double takedown from above, a certain amount of regular takedowns unlocks the chain takedowns, a certain amount of animal encounters unlocks the various hunt related skills. This way you feel as if you are actually becoming a badass through experience- the more you use a certain weapon, the faster you get at reloading and the better you get at hip firing. Skills like fire resistance and being able to stay underwater longer can be story related unlocks as they have more of a supernatural progression behind them.

Of course this is all just an opinion, I do still love this game.[/QUOTE]

I actually like this idea. I am finding the unlocks to not be that much of a hindrance except that I am taking skills now that I may have just waited on. The progression system you suggest is a great idea though.

Make sure you guys are able to liberate two outposts without being detected or you won't be able to learn the ninja step skill and miss out on the Fully Inked achievement. Snipers with silencers are your best friend if you're terrible with a bow ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']I actually like this idea. I am finding the unlocks to not be that much of a hindrance except that I am taking skills now that I may have just waited on. The progression system you suggest is a great idea though.[/QUOTE]

I think my issue lies in the fact that I basically spent 9 hours free roaming and 3 hours on story lol. Even after unlocking a part of the tree after meeting Citra I had sp left over

So who is looking for a co-op partner? Just finished the single player, which I must say was AMAZING, definitely my goty. I'd like to check out the co-op though so if anyone is interested let me know. Gamertag is FrankySox

I finally got this game on Saturday(Gamefly), and gotta say I'm loving the hell outta it so far. Hunting is actually pretty fun in the game and the skill layout is fun to mess with. So far I'm trying to split 50/50 time on main quest and outpost/side missions.

[quote name='FrankySox']So who is looking for a co-op partner? Just finished the single player, which I must say was AMAZING, definitely my goty. I'd like to check out the co-op though so if anyone is interested let me know. Gamertag is FrankySox[/QUOTE]

Franky I need to do the co-op at some point but I'm only available late evenings.

Ok Ending spoilers but more just a rant.
So this guy is trying to save his friends the entire time and yet at the end they give you the choice to kill them? I mean it may have worked better if they did not have you saving your brother at the end since you never completely go down that rabbit hole. If the 2nd half would have just been a revenge fantasy then I would have felt like killing them was a possibility but the fact you show up with your brother to save them really made picking the save them option the logical choice for me. I loved the game. The story was a great adventure but they failed on the whole turning into something part in the end. Anyway, going to try some co-op and maybe some MP but then I am trading it in and moving on to Dishonored.

Edit: More spoiler
So I just watched the end where you kill your friends. This is the ending they should have just done. They should have made him completely off his rocker by the end and just force you as the player to kill your girlfriend. That ending with Citra was perfect. Now that I know how different the choices are I feel they copped out a bit. Oh well I can see why reviewers said the story could not finish with a full head of steam. Missed opportunity there.

bread's done
Back