Far Cry 3 December 4

Well I am getting some Co-Op in and surprisingly I like it. They throw enough at you that really 4 people are need so you never feel like one person is stealing all the kills. There are 2 things that are horrendous though.

1) The connection is pretty bad. Lots of glitching around the screen at times. I most likely won't play MP because I traded it today and using a free rental from Red Box to finish achievements but if the connection MP is like Co-Op it has to be a horrible experience.

2) No chapter select in online public Co-Op. WTF? Easy to get into a game but if you are achievement hunting it is a crap shoot in what mission you start in and then sometime it will repeat old missions. Very Very bad. Yeah if you form a party and do private you can but I do not have the time for that. Also, if you drop into a game you do not get the credit for the achievement on that mission. I have play 5 missions so far and only got credit for 2.

I didn't like multiplayer at all. They should have just focused on single player to make an even better game. Why do people feel the need to have multiplayer? Not all games need it.

Finally got around to finishing the game
(Chose to save them like the good little boyscout I am and was pleasantly surprised for a change. The good ending I thought was well done and rather appropriate.)
. I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for Far Cry 4, but it's criminal how little face time you got with Vaas and his brilliant voice actor. I swear the best VAs I've come across have some serious theater experience. I haven't hung on every single word of a video game antagonist since Andrew Ryan of Bioshock. A crying shame how they chose to handle him.

I just got this game from GameFly and can't wait to play the campaign. Quick question: are there any passes for the game? Do I need a code to play co-op or competitive multiplayer?

[quote name='Cleaner7']I just got this game from GameFly and can't wait to play the campaign. Quick question: are there any passes for the game? Do I need a code to play co-op or competitive multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

There is an online pass.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Finally got around to finishing the game
(Chose to save them like the good little boyscout I am and was pleasantly surprised for a change. The good ending I thought was well done and rather appropriate.)
. I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for Far Cry 4, but it's criminal how little face time you got with Vaas and his brilliant voice actor. I swear the best VAs I've come across have some serious theater experience. I haven't hung on every single word of a video game antagonist since Andrew Ryan of Bioshock. A crying shame how they chose to handle him.[/QUOTE]

Didn't read your spoiler, but I feel exactly the same - even with the Bioshock bit. Could have done more with him.

Yeah Vaas was definitely more interesting than Hoyt but overall the voice acting in this game was top notch. Really the weakest performance was yourself (Jason) which was the biggest hold up in making the story more convincing.

Certainly feels like the game dropped a notch after Vaas. The second island also gives you way too much exp, I was fully inked literally an hour in.

[quote name='Superstar']Is this game worth picking up? It's on amazon for $39.99 and I am tempted to bite.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to put this in front of whatever backlog you have, definitely. You can put a solid 20 hours or so into the SP itself. The coop and mp aren't really worth mentioning

[quote name='gotdott']If you're willing to put this in front of whatever backlog you have, definitely. You can put a solid 20 hours or so into the SP itself. The coop and mp aren't really worth mentioning[/QUOTE]

Yeah Put 25 hours into SP and about 6 hours into co-op to get 1000/1000 on achievements. Never tried MP mainly because the connection was so bad in co-op. I thought co-op was fun since I played the SP with a lot of stealth so it was fun to go full tilt guns blazing. The connections are so bad though that it was laggy big time plus lots of bugs. We had to kill ourselves several times to reset the checkpoint because enemies would not spawn or the next part would not load. If you are going to play it right away I say go for it. My second favorite game this year so far (Borderlands 2 #1).

I'm still stuck on the Saving Oliver mission with my camera not able to be used and I can't throw rocks. And I have a permanent gun shadow...

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I'm still stuck on the Saving Oliver mission with my camera not able to be used and I can't throw rocks. And I have a permanent gun shadow...[/QUOTE]

Did you try restarting the mission? You can also end it and try starting it again after doing some side stuff. Never experienced a glitch in the SP.

Tried all of that, my camera doesn't come up when I try to use it and I cannot throw rocks. I have had this glitch for a while now but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Tried all of that, my camera doesn't come up when I try to use it and I cannot throw rocks. I have had this glitch for a while now but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were just supposed to
find the sniper spot and shoot people as he escapes on the boat and picks you up. It is a scripted mission, I don't ever remember using my camera or rocks especially. I might be thinking of something else, though

wow just finished the campaign.

amazing. finally far cry has a good story. far cry 2 was terrible and tedious.

i really hate the fact that there are no achievements for getting 100% in the story mode. heck, theres no need to collect more than 60 relics since there are no achievements for getting all 120.

im at 118, but the other 2 are glitched for everyone apparently.
one of them is in a cave where your friends were staying in, but once you get past that part, you cant go back. the other relic i believe is in between the 2 islands, but it doesnt appear on the map...

anyway, i like jason brody. great character. would love to see more of him.

time to weigh in now. im 20hrs deep and addicted still. its really fun hunting and crafting and even taking over outposts i enjoy. the story for me is on and off....at points i really like it then at points its total butt.

the random shit that happens is sick as hell just a few examples.......i was walking down a road and was being followed by a tiger, until an NPC driving a jeep ran him over going about 80mph i was like holyyyyy crap. the best stuff is when im scouting out an outpost tagging the baddies then a bear just happens to walk into camp and literally take them all out, outpost cleared and i didnt have to move a muscle.

some heavy spoilers here be cautious. one thing i really dont like or "get" is
the boss fights. your in the room with buck then it gets dark and turns into a knife fight? when you kill off vaas its a weird trippy scene then you stab him? really? first off i wish they didnt kill him off so suddenly and i wish it was a better fight to be honest. im wondering if im just interpreting it wrong or its just kind of lame. like is jason so comfortable and "into" killing now that he almost seems high when he in the boss fights.

anyway im only just on the second island so i still have work left maybe buy the time im done it'll make more sense. regardless super fun game.

Just beat the story mode. Solid game, loved pretty much every second of it.
I decided to be different and chose to stick with Citra. A pretty f'd up ending, but I guess I deserve that after abandoning my friends.
I'm with everyone else though on this one, Vaas was amazing.

I decided not to completely finish the game. Maybe I will at some point but I sent it back to GF for now. Has anyone done the man eating shark hunt? I was looking forward to it but I never seemed to unlock the right village for it

[quote name='slickkill77']I decided not to completely finish the game. Maybe I will at some point but I sent it back to GF for now. Has anyone done the man eating shark hunt? I was looking forward to it but I never seemed to unlock the right village for it[/QUOTE]

It is not as exciting as you would have thought. You need to kill it with a bow so you are not in the water until you need to skin it. They should have had it be with your machete. Frankly, crocs were much more scary when I ran into them but sharks did get the heart pumping.

I'm really interested in this game...but I never finished the first and missed the second. Should I try going through either of those first before picking this up?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm really interested in this game...but I never finished the first and missed the second. Should I try going through either of those first before picking this up?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It has more connections to Assassin's Creed than to the other Far Crys. Go pick it up, it's great!

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm really interested in this game...but I never finished the first and missed the second. Should I try going through either of those first before picking this up?[/QUOTE]

There's no real reason as they don't share any plot between them. I've played them all and FC3 is the best out them all. Go for 3. Not that the first one and the "Predator" offshoot are bad, just a little outdated.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Nope. It has more connections to Assassin's Creed than to the other Far Crys. Go pick it up, it's great![/QUOTE]

[quote name='eLefAdEr']There's no real reason as they don't share any plot between them. I've played them all and FC3 is the best out them all. Go for 3. Not that the first one and the "Predator" offshoot are bad, just a little outdated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I played some of the first years ago and enjoyed it but never did finish the game and somehow completely missed the second. I think I'll pick up this one when hits $30.

The 2nd one could of been just as good as this one but it suffered from one major flaw that they corrected in FC3. No fast travel and the map was huge. So if you died driving to a mission you would generally get pissed off and not want to continue. FC 3 corrected all that was wrong with FC 2 and added so much more

My biggest issue with the ending wasn't necessarily the cutscenes themselves but rather the ending gameplay.
To have a game built on all these great gameplay systems end with effectively a combination of turret sequences, cutscenes, and quicktime events is just plain lazy and screams of rushed development. They clearly spent their launch delay polishing as much as they could but that ending... yeeesh, painfully apparent how rushed that game was.

No it didn't. I had a blast with the ending and it didn't feel rushed at all. What exactly were you hoping for? People always complain about boss fights but what would of been better? Honestly? It's a shooter. The boss fights were strange but they fight right in with the context of the game. All the boss fights were like that in the game. Making an interesting boss fight is not easy. A lot of games struggle with them.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Has anyone tried the multiplayer? I had assumed it was just a throw away, but it's actually surprisingly fun![/QUOTE]

Had the game since first week of release and just tried MP for the first time tonight and I agree it is fun. Looks like one of those games where the MP community might be active for awhile.

Absolutely loved Far Cry 3! I played it for three weeks straight, It's Skyrim with guns! My only regret is that I've done everything in the single player... WANT MOAR!

[quote name='Christian Harper']Absolutely loved Far Cry 3! I played it for three weeks straight, It's Skyrim with guns! My only regret is that I've done everything in the single player... WANT MOAR![/QUOTE]

I hear that!

[quote name='xCappax']awesome game... terrible both endings.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, one of them is certainly worse than the other! Talk about bizarre...glad I chose the "good" one ;)

I liked the game a great deal. I started to get burned out when the 2nd island kicked in and it's more hunting, radio towers, etc. Eventually I just decided to finish the main missions and felt like I sampled enough of the rest. Good stuff though overall -- felt like I got my money's worth.

Going to get the memory cards, relics, letters and outposts needed for their respective achievements then I'll do the last story missions.

I had a really difficult time with the game early on until I started crafting ammunition pouches and unlocked the F1, that gun is fucking beast.

I had a really difficult time with the game early on until I started crafting ammunition pouches and unlocked the F1,

Yeah, after reading comments on here and playing for the first time, I could tell if you didn't open up the extra ammo pouches and such it was going to be a real chore going thru the story. Anyone playing for the first time should sample the different gameplay modes as you go through and not just try and plug through the main missions. You'll get more out of it and it'll pay off making the game less stressful later on.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Maybe late Saturday or Sunday night.[/QUOTE]
I have a session for tonight set up on TA with one space left, go for it. :)

The co-op kind of sucks... It's not like the main game at all. The enemies are huge bullet sponges (even on Casual) and ammo is really limited. It's like playing an unpolished Left 4 Dead and all of the zombies take 20 shots to bring down.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I have a session for tonight set up on TA with one space left, go for it. :)

The co-op kind of sucks... It's not like the main game at all. The enemies are huge bullet sponges (even on Casual) and ammo is really limited. It's like playing an unpolished Left 4 Dead and all of the zombies take 20 shots to bring down.[/QUOTE]

is that on the later missions? i only played the first two with my friend on normal and we literally just ran through it stabbing everything (other than those juggernaut looking guys of course)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I have a session for tonight set up on TA with one space left, go for it. :)

The co-op kind of sucks... It's not like the main game at all. The enemies are huge bullet sponges (even on Casual) and ammo is really limited. It's like playing an unpolished Left 4 Dead and all of the zombies take 20 shots to bring down.[/QUOTE]

And the characters really hate bridges lol.

bread's done
Back