Fat Princess CAG Night - SUNDAY (3/28) Friendlies @ 5PM PST (IRC @ 4:30)

ToadStoolPorridge = tennispro_99

I make plans pretty last minute, so I won't choose a night. I'll try to hop on whatever night people choose. I have a mic but I might leave the chat open too, just to see what the other people have to say. I got on my first online match today and had a blast. Hope to see you guys online!

Thanks ZombieQQ for helping me get some wins and trophies. You also gave me my first loss just by me logging on and coming in when the game ended :lol: I would have played against you but didn't feel like losing more.

[quote name='Mad D']Thanks ZombieQQ for helping me get some wins and trophies. You also gave me my first loss just by me logging on and coming in when the game ended :lol: I would have played against you but didn't feel like losing more.[/QUOTE]

Hey, anytime man. I'm glad you were able to join. It's been tough getting into games. I've been getting kind of frustrated with it. I often see a couple other cags playing, but its usually a coin toss on whether I can get into their games or not. I hope they deal with the issues soon so our cag night will go smoothly (looks doubtful).:bomb:

All PSN IDs updated as of this post.

I would like to give a HUGE shoutout to Wolfkin for helping me out with mIRC as well as testing out various online host settings involving private slots only. We spent about an hour to ensure that tonight's event will play as smooth as possible. So if you see Wolfkin on IRC, please give him props.

Last but not least, I've decided to host the IRC 30 minutes before the game night. Just join the IRC so we can get a headcount on how many people to expect. We will also need some hosts with very strong internet connections. I will post some text in color whenever I need to make an important announcement so please do not abuse the color system if you know how.

Can't wait to play tomorrow guys! :bouncy:

if it helps you don't have to register or anything for the chat. you just pick a name (hopefully your CAG name and just sign in.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']non sarcalulz?

IRC = Internet Relay Chat, it's a fairly old chat system during the early days of the internet. Being a fairly old system, it isn't really that newb-friendly but it also means that it's one of the most robust and widely used chat systems out there. My office use a private/internal IRC server for communication purposes.

I like the IRC system that the OP set up for us, pretty much bare-bones "pick a user name and hit connect" server. No need for manually typing in an IRC node or even use a dedicated IRC program, ala circa early-90's[/QUOTE]

Right on. Ill skip the Internet chatting but will probably show up for the game.

just like i feared. I have to go attend a farewell thing. I'm leaving now but I'm going far as if I make it back for 8:30 (EST) it'll be quick. So in all likelyhood sorry to miss the first night. On the off chance i make back when the game is still on fear my Lvl2 Worker.

It'll be 50/50 as to weather or not I'll be making tonight's game, but I'd definitely like to be a part of this.

dmunkee = dmunkee

I don't know if I'll be back in time.. Going 2 see a movie but I'll hop on and see if you guys are still playing.

[quote name='AllahBomber']im confused why we are even using IRC...why not just start a PSN chat? IRC seems a bit out of character. to each their own i guess :p[/QUOTE]

agreed!

I probably wont use irc cause my ps3 is in a separate room from the computer. But i agree with using psn chat.

jrsmaster411 = Jon_Mclane

Just in case anyone is coming to play...get in the IRC channel and we will help you get connected!

You'll just need to add someone who is playing as a friend and you'll be able to join the game from them.

sorry i had to bow out early.

Did anybody noticed that the Chat system was bugging out? I found out that I can only talk to select members of both teams...

I swear this game is currently held together by cheap Walmart scotch tape and Elmer's glue.

GGs everyone!

I had a blast playing the game. I didn't think the lag was that bad. Anyways, props to those who were Red throughout the entire night. It was hard suffering through consecutively losses but we pulled out victorious...eventually. :lol: Specific shoutouts go to Dmunkee and ChibiJosh for forming a triforce between the 3 of us.

Based on the poll right now, I'm going to host another night this Wednesday (8/5). Make sure to join the IRC so that we can figure out who has the strongest internet connection, what game settings to play, and just plain-old chat. Thanks Soliddragon for hosting again. You're a lifesaver!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this game. I'm really excited by the "Fat Store" option, hopefully we'll get some kick ass (free) DLC.

[quote name='evergoo']Specific shoutouts go to Dmunkee and ChibiJosh for forming a triforce between the 3 of us.
[/QUOTE]

We're awesome!

Yeah, that was awesome. Fire, Ice, and BOMBS!

The games were pretty smooth lag wise, but voice chat was kinda wonky. I was stuck for a few minutes during a game too. Definitely looking forward to more CAG games. Most fun I've had with this game yet.

I'm down for another CAG night of this. There's at least some sort of coordination.

My biggest problem was trying to use the catapult see it launch while leaving me in the same spot.

I've noticed a few posts about this so I guess I'll answer it here. So why did I choose IRC over PSN Chat? Read below:

Reasons for choosing IRC
  • Simple to login.
  • No censorship in words or restrictions on the number of characters typed.
  • Sending PSN Chat invitations is more burdensome for me than just asking people to join the IRC.
  • We need to relay information quickly to determine who can host the most players. In my opinion, I think more people have access to desktops/laptops within reach than wireless keyboards/PS3 keypads to be able to type quickly.
  • You are not required to join the IRC but if you are having trouble connecting, it's easy to get answers quickly because it doesn't interfere with the gaming interface.

that was fun. best moment was when they were seconds from winning then I got the princess and used their catapult to return her. I heard a couple of people on the mics going crazy

[quote name='jrsmaster411']that was fun. best moment was when they were seconds from winning then I got the princess and used their catapult to return her. I heard a couple of people on the mics going crazy[/QUOTE]
Argh. I remember that. We couldn't believe how fast our near victory evaporated into a loss. We went completely haywire. :bomb:

You sir, deserve tonight's Most Valuable Play Award. :cool:

[quote name='jrsmaster411']that was fun. best moment was when they were seconds from winning then I got the princess and used their catapult to return her. I heard a couple of people on the mics going crazy[/QUOTE]

Was that in the first round, on the Black Forest map? If so, yeah, that was an awesome game save. I personally quite enjoyed when I was able to sneak into the red base, grab the princess, and escape within the first couple minutes of the Cove/Tide map. Cheap, yet suprisingly effective. It's the Fat Princess version of the Zergling Rush.

man, i was going crazy!! i didnt believe we pulled that off!! that's the second time my team has done that. truly one for the records.
on another note, we got a lot of people to play! that's great news. maybe more will show up on wednesdays. i see a big list of people who are willing to play.

Man I had horrible lag, and I've been playing public games fine. Tons of unregistered button presses, ah well must of been on my end then I guess.

Yeah Red Team got their asses handed to them several times, props to whoever secured the win in what felt like a minute. :lol:

[quote name='evergoo']I've noticed a few posts about this so I guess I'll answer it here. So why did I choose IRC over PSN Chat? Read below:

Reasons for choosing IRC
  • Simple to login.
  • No censorship in words or restrictions on the number of characters typed.
  • Sending PSN Chat invitations is more burdensome for me than just asking people to join the IRC.
  • We need to relay information quickly to determine who can host the most players. In my opinion, I think more people have access to desktops/laptops within reach than wireless keyboards/PS3 keypads to be able to type quickly.
  • You are not required to join the IRC but if you are having trouble connecting, it's easy to get answers quickly because it doesn't interfere with the gaming interface.
[/QUOTE]

IRC is a dumb idea. Why make things more complicated? Hell I didnt even know what it was until yesterday. Not everyone at CAG is a nerd

I don't think IRC is a dumb idea...it's an easy way to get all of us to a central point of communication that we can all stay in while playing. If something happens such as disconnects, everyone will already be in the same spot to get back to playing.

You don't have to be a nerd to use it. You don't have to install a separate program. It's a simple chat room that is very useful that you can join from a browser.

It's also helpful when people try to join after the game has already started. I was able to help someone join the last time because they joined the chat room and I was able to communicate without having to pause my game and use the XMB.

[quote name='smiggity']IRC is a dumb idea. Why make things more complicated? Hell I didnt even know what it was until yesterday. Not everyone at CAG is a nerd[/QUOTE]
I just want to say that this is like my 4th or 5th time ever using IRC. My first time was with Goozex and I instantly knew how to use it once I joined. If you bother hopping on, you will learn that chatting on IRC is as easy as cake. ;)

[quote name='Dingleberry']You don't have to be a nerd to use it. You don't have to install a separate program. It's a simple chat room that is very useful that you can join from a browser.

It's also helpful when people try to join after the game has already started. I was able to help someone join the last time because they joined the chat room and I was able to communicate without having to pause my game and use the XMB.[/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I think we were able to help ~5 CAGs join our game because of IRC. By the way Dingleberry, I thought you were the best player consistently on the Blue team based on what I saw. Dark Mage posse with Priests on the outpost made it very hard to capture. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Man I had horrible lag, and I've been playing public games fine. Tons of unregistered button presses, ah well must of been on my end then I guess.[/quote]
Horrible lag huh? What was the max number of players you could host? Mine's was 14 and everything was a-okay.

[quote name='m_d_amore']no offense but the only time i was ever in a chatroom was to get some *****[/QUOTE]

come on, keep it clean dude.

bread's done
Back