Fat Princess CAG Night - SUNDAY (3/28) Friendlies @ 5PM PST (IRC @ 4:30)

I'm not going to be around this Wednesday. I'm out of town until the weekend.

Also, IRC is a great thing to use. I used it to download anime and stuff in the past before things like bittorrent existed.

[quote name='evergoo']
Horrible lag huh? What was the max number of players you could host? Mine's was 14 and everything was a-okay.[/QUOTE]

Uh, 32 players if I remember correctly.

And I agree that the IRC chat is a fantastic idea... works well enough for the Brawl Nights, and it is cool to be able to chat with CAGs before/after a game.

[quote name='smiggity']IRC is a dumb idea. Why make things more complicated? Hell I didnt even know what it was until yesterday. Not everyone at CAG is a nerd[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that is an incredibly stupid thing to say.

[quote name='yukine']

And I agree that the IRC chat is a fantastic idea... works well enough for the Brawl Nights, and it is cool to be able to chat with CAGs before/after a game.[/QUOTE]

ooorrr people could just get mics.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']that was fun. best moment was when they were seconds from winning then I got the princess and used their catapult to return her. I heard a couple of people on the mics going crazy[/QUOTE]

I was on the opposing team when that happened.

First off, congrats on the rescue effort guys, that took considerable amounts of luck and skill.

Second, I will personally hunt down and murder those same people for costing my team that game :D

Can't wait for the next game.

[quote name='sinned47']can someone tell me how to join the irc? im having trouble just finding it.[/QUOTE]

There's a link on the first post that will open up another window/tab when you click on it.

And as for people complaining about using a chat room...I'd like to see you organize a game using only microphones on a ps3. Good luck.

[quote name='AllahBomber']ooorrr people could just get mics.[/QUOTE]

That requires a lot more work than just clicking a link (while browsing CAG even) and is not very practical either.

I don't get the controversy, but... "to each their own i guess :p"

Flame wars! :hot:

But seriously, I'd like to see someone organize 15+ human players via PSN's Chat function and come out saying it's easier and more effective to do than IRC. I've done numerous CAG Buzz Nights where there were 4-6 CAGs and organizing Buzz via PSN Chat, sending and hoping they accept invites, and wireless keyboard was much hard than Fat Princess and the laissez-faire IRC.

[quote name='yukine']That requires a lot more work than just clicking a link (while browsing CAG even) and is not very practical either.

I don't get the controversy, but... "to each their own i guess :p"[/QUOTE]

yes, but when it comes to in-game strategy, you need a mic. cant type and play ;)

[quote name='AllahBomber']yes, but when it comes to in-game strategy, you need a mic. cant type and play ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow... gamers these days are really spoiled :p Why, I remember furiously typing obscene homo-erotic laced insults to the people i used to play Quake 2 with. Occasionally, I would type out a penis analog just to mix things up. And if you're really skilled, you'd install a macro that would spam something nice about my love-life with a person's mother, and how much I pay for her services.

Nowadays, it's basically the same as above, only read to you by someone who's 'sack never fully dropped yet...

Gotta love progress.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Wow... gamers these days are really spoiled :p Why, I remember furiously typing obscene homo-erotic laced insults to the people i used to play Quake 2 with. Occasionally, I would type out a penis analog just to mix things up. And if you're really skilled, you'd install a macro that would spam something nice about my love-life with a person's mother, and how much I pay for her services.

Nowadays, it's basically the same as above, only read to you by someone who's 'sack never fully dropped yet...

Gotta love progress.[/QUOTE]

im happy to be spoiled with my $10 hs. feels good. if only more people in the world could afford $10. the world would truly be a better place.....

but anyway uve completely missed the point, naturally. id like to see you coordinate with multiple teammates on what to do in the midst of a game without taking your hands off the controller. if you can solve this riddle. i, sir, bow to you.

[quote name='AllahBomber']im happy to be spoiled with my $10 hs. feels good. if only more people in the world could afford $10. the world would truly be a better place.....

but anyway uve completely missed the point, naturally. id like to see you coordinate with multiple teammates on what to do in the midst of a game without taking your hands off the controller. if you can solve this riddle. i, sir, bow to you.[/QUOTE]

I think it's you that completely missed the point....The point of the chat room is to ORGANIZE the game. It is NOT to talk about the game while in the game. If we get disconnected, we go in the chat to see what's up and to reorganize to get the game going again.

And just so you know...out of the 6 people that were on the team I was playing on, I'm pretty sure 5 of us had mics.

[quote name='smiggity']IRC is a dumb idea. Why make things more complicated? Hell I didnt even know what it was until yesterday. Not everyone at CAG is a nerd[/QUOTE]first off.. yes you are. That's like saying not everyone in the NFL is a jock. 2nd you don't have to join. If clicking the link is too much effort/trouble just don't bother you can still play and we'll still be friends it's not MORE complicated.
[quote name='AllahBomber']ooorrr people could just get mics.[/QUOTE]mics? what a crazy idea! how did it completely skip our minds that we could just ask people to get mics. These must be brand new to the system not like everyone's had a chance to get mics for months and they haven't gotten them yet because they've all been waiting for Fat Princess. It's what $2 for a mic we can all spend $2 on mics. Yeah much better idea.

The big thing about IRC i don't get the controversy. If you have a mic obviously we're all going to be talking in game. If you don't want to join the IRC room don't bother. it's not that big a deal. it's not a requirement. We'll still know who you are.

I'll see everyone on Wednesday i guess

[quote name='Furashu']dam i got bored of this game already. $3 gameshare ftw.[/QUOTE]but are you actually playing? I thought I was getting bored but then i realized I hadn't actually played in almost a day and half of constantly trying and my last game was silent and laggy. The fact that you can scroll a list of games like say Burnout really hurts the online aspect. I have no idea if it's the same game I keep failing to connect to or different ones and after 5 failures in a row I turn on the MM9. If I'm gonna be punished by watching the same screens over and over again i might as well be learning.

[quote name='AllahBomber']im happy to be spoiled with my $10 hs. feels good. if only more people in the world could afford $10. the world would truly be a better place.....

but anyway uve completely missed the point, naturally. id like to see you coordinate with multiple teammates on what to do in the midst of a game without taking your hands off the controller. if you can solve this riddle. i, sir, bow to you.[/QUOTE]

This is what I get when I try to be funny/sarcastic when I drunk-post in the middle of the night.

Anyways, I think we're all missing one of the finer points of the thread by derailing and turning the entire thing as Mic vs. IRC. The IRC is there for pregame "who the hell is going to host this crap" and "WTF I got disconnected for no apparent reason".

As I said before, this game is currently held together by scotch tape and elmer's glue, and it doesnt help the fact that the PSN network is still lacking in the "Party system", unlike XBL (and no, that statement is not meant to entice another tangeant/flame war, it's just to reiterate my observation).

Oh, my Fiance is getting fairly addicted to this game and she asked me if she could play for an hour or so tonight. She's pretty good at playing the Worker and Soldier (she actually plays the game more than I do too, which helps).

PSN = Sailorme120

[quote name='Wolfkin']but are you actually playing? I thought I was getting bored but then i realized I hadn't actually played in almost a day and half of constantly trying and my last game was silent and laggy. The fact that you can scroll a list of games like say Burnout really hurts the online aspect. I have no idea if it's the same game I keep failing to connect to or different ones and after 5 failures in a row I turn on the MM9. If I'm gonna be punished by watching the same screens over and over again i might as well be learning.[/QUOTE]

yeah i played the entire story mode + like 8 games online.

it got too repetitive.

[quote name='AllahBomber']yes, but when it comes to in-game strategy, you need a mic. cant type and play ;)[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, obviously... when it works. No one is disputing the usefulness of mics during gameplay, we are strictly speaking of organizing games beforehand.

$10.00 headset? Link please? I'm not aware of any headset that works with the PS3 at that price that doesn't sound like complete shit to everyone else.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Oh, my Fiance is getting fairly addicted to this game and she asked me if she could play for an hour or so tonight. She's pretty good at playing the Worker and Soldier (she actually plays the game more than I do too, which helps).

PSN = Sailorme120[/QUOTE]
For ID purposes, what "CAG name" shall she be known as? Rumaru's Fiance? :whistle2:k

[quote name='woodcan']Damn, that's an early game time. I guess those who are employed and/or married with children need not apply.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='soliddragon']Wednesdays are a no go for me, but Im up for pretty much anyother night[/quote]
For the purpose of accommodating as many CAGs as possible, would pushing the time to 6, 7, or 8 pm pst do any good? I didn't want to make it too late because some east coasters might have 8-5 jobs the next day. West coasters on the otherhand, will probably have early or late dinners.

I've been thinking about possibly splitting FP into 2 CAG nights to accommodate people's schedules but there's one major concern I have: dividing our audience. For example, let's say Wednesday can garner 20 CAGs but leaves behind 5 CAGs. If I also host Sunday, I fear Wednesday might lose some of its steam since some of the 20 CAGs may join the other night instead.

P.S. Soliddragon, thanks for hosting the entire night this past Sunday...even though we were down a man at times. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']For the purpose of accommodating as many CAGs as possible, would pushing the time to 6, 7, or 8 pm pst do any good? I didn't want to make it too late because some east coasters might have 8-5 jobs the next day. West coasters on the otherhand, will probably have early or late dinners.
[/QUOTE]
8pst would be way too late for me. It'd be 11est, and I'd only be able to play for half and hour to an hour unless we move it to Friday or Saturday. I think I could deal with 6 or 7pst though.

[quote name='yukine']$10.00 headset? Link please? I'm not aware of any headset that works with the PS3 at that price that doesn't sound like complete shit to everyone else.[/QUOTE]
saw some just yesterday on ebay end for $11 shipped. was the logitech socom ps2 headset that i use and have been told sounds great.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']we got a shout out on the cagcast, cheapy and wombat said they wanted to join in but they think we play on sundays[/QUOTE]
Haha. You're right. They mentioned us about 60% into the CAGcast. I'm going to pm them about tomorrow. Hopefully, they're not too elite to accept my message. ;)

PSN IDs updated up to this point.

EDIT: CheapyD doesn't accept PMs but Wombat does. :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nikkai']Dang, how are people able to play from the west coast at 5pm? Don't you all work at all? =P[/QUOTE]
We've already come back from our 8-hour workday and wanna blow off some steam. :cool:

We just gotta make sure the Misses doesn't get too mad at us for dinner. ;)

This will be my first CAG community event so Im really looking forward to it. I can also play on Sundays and can go later either night!

OlDirtyBastard - Hammik

The connection issues make me CRY...quite happy Titan will be addressing it eventually.

Epic times to be had? Add!

Addone = win-NI

can't wait for todays game. I'll try to wear my mic. I say try cause the ear piece broke off so I have to shove it into my ear. Very uncomfortable.

btw, the psn community still loves you wombat :D

so evergoo, does this mean you're getting buzz back? i got buzz a while ago but could never make that sunday timing.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']I'll try to wear my mic. I say try cause the ear piece broke off so I have to shove it into my ear. Very uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]
I'll be the jerk that tries too hard with the dumb response :))):
Guys...if his mic is IN his ear...WE CAN HEAR HIS THOUGHTS!!!!111 Hax FTW!! :D

Thanks, thanks...I'm here till Friday. Try the breaded scallops, they're great!

[quote name='enufs8d']so evergoo, does this mean you're getting buzz back? i got buzz a while ago but could never make that sunday timing.[/QUOTE]
I've been trying to get CAG Buzz Nights back forever now but no one responds in the CAG thread and if they do, they accidentally forgot about it on Sunday. I think my 1.5 month absence had something to do with it. :lol: I'll post in the Buzz thread again and see if I have any takers.

GGs everyone. Some of these levels are very imbalanced (e.g. beach with super tunnel) but I enjoyed playing Black Forest (1st level) the most. After 2 Fat Princess Nights the score is Blue 1, Red 1. Let's see what happens next week.

Last but not least, shall we make games with only 20 private slots and let other humans join in? We have ~60 CAG PSN IDs but for the past 2 nights we usually have at most 20 CAGs. Plus, the bots in this game aren't too smart, especially with lava. Any thoughts? :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back