Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

I finally got through a game with the retarded AI somehow, and yeah, they're retarded AI. So on 4 separate occassions I tried to capture the upper left Stronghold, while mashing Up on the d-pad for the AI to come and help me. They never came and all the meanwhile I died over and over again >_< then somehow a random AI managed to get the Princess and carry her back so we won.

EDIT: what??? 6pm-10pm Pacific on Tuesdays and Thursday only? That's really restrictive.

The imaginary friends were fine for me as I got through a game in about 15-20 minutes.

So the beta's only good two days a week for a total of eight hours? :whistle2:(

[quote name='KingBroly']I think it's 8 hours a week, but it's still really restricitve or Gamespot, like always is really stupid.[/QUOTE]
It's not just Gamespot. Fileplanet's page says the same thing.

I hope they add in a 'cancel search' for online games. When you start a search, you can't do anything but wait for it to timeout :(

Hopefully the servers open up soon so we can play.

Just got my code from the "eat a cake" contest. DL is stuck on 0% though. :(

Didn't seen any restrictions on server time though unless it is alluded to but not explicit:

"1 – We plan to focus a concentrated amount of playing Fat Princess every Tuesday and Thursday evenings, between 6pm and 10pm PST.

2 – If you don’t see any games available, you can start your own multiplayer game by selecting PLAY WITH OTHERS > CONTROL FREAKS > CREATE GAME on the menus."

Hope to play tonight though

I managed to get into a Deathmatch game with Freaky. Kinda neat, although they're going to have to change the way the Worker gets points. When everyone else had 700-800 at the end of the match, I was sitting pretty near 1600. All I did was chop down trees, rocks and deliver materials to our outposts and build upgrade centers. I killed a couple of guys too, but man, building stuff lets you rack up the points like CRAZY.

All you had to do was go to Gamespot, they were giving away codes as long as you had a free Gamespot login/ID.

Don't get pissed at me that you sat around and did nothing to get one.

Impressions? Hmm...
-The hit detection while playing online is a bit dodgy (like 60/40 you'll hit him)
-It's open mic, but the overwhelming majority of people I played with (9 others) didn't have a mic
-Ugliest looking female sprites for your character I've ever seen in a game
-Whereas Killzone 2 feels better with fewer players, this game feels better with more players

It's gonna take some getting used to. It's different, but fun.

The different classes add some variety and teamwork, and the intensity is in stark contrast to the playful, colorful, inviting world. I can easily see this being one of the top 3 or 4 played games over PSN, behind the likes of Killzone, CoD, and Warhawk.

Played two rounds and noticed a considerable amount of lag. Not a lot of people were doing objectives, but that's expected as most people are playing for the very first time. My favorite class so far is priest, I like going to dark priest and sucking the life out of people. The archer guy is pretty good too, his charged up arrow is devastating.

Really wish it had a co-op Castle Crashers-type mode.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I still can't get into any rooms :([/quote]

Make a room. That's what I had to do. Rooms are like instantly filled up.

So far I've really enjoyed it. I've only played with bots and haven't noticed ant hit detection problems.

My biggest complaint is the AI isn't smart at all and gets stuck often.

It's extremely fun though, I really wish it had split screen like Warhawk or R2.

[quote name='gunm']As mentioned, the codes are tied into your PSN account, so they can't be transferred.[/quote]

I can say for a fact, at least for the USA Today codes that this is not true.

I was trying from 9:30 until 10:30 (EST) to get an online game last night with no luck. It kept saying no matches found. Played a few local and really enjoyed it. But online would be better.

[quote name='daminion']I can say for a fact, at least for the USA Today codes that this is not true.

I was trying from 9:30 until 10:30 (EST) to get an online game last night with no luck. It kept saying no matches found. Played a few local and really enjoyed it. But online would be better.[/QUOTE]

The e-mail I got said the code is ONLY TIED TO YOUR PSN/EMAIL. Transfer of codes, or giving away of codes, is a direct violation of the beta agreement and will keep you from participating in any Sony beta in the future.

I played two matches online last night. The game is really fun. I think some sort of timer should be added though so games don't go on for hours.

I look forward to the final product and being able to get all the upgrades.

[quote name='outphase']Mine has some weird flickering problem when running the game. Anyone else having display problems?[/quote]

Not that I noticed.

I have no sound haha. Can't find a match either. Other than that I'm having a good time goofing around with it. This game should be pretty good when they work out the kinks.

I tried a couple of times to find a match online but didn't find one - no biggie - I'll try during peak times hopefully some time this weekend. Would like to see the worker have more power destroying built items (gates,ladders,etc.) - or maybe the only one who has that ability. Would give him more reason to stick around after everything has been built.

Would also like to see the upgrades maybe a little bit harder to achieve - seems they happen so quickly in the course of a match.

Think it'll be fun - I may just stick to the healer type like I did in TF2 if it works ok in this game - and it seems like it does. I like having the healing stream connected to your partner.

The beta seriously needs a browser to prove that games are out there to join. I ended up just creating my own game to play last night and freeky was the only one to hop on.

[quote name='Cheapass24']I have a code, the first one to make me laugh gets it :D[/quote]
cheez.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The beta seriously needs a browser to prove that games are out there to join. I ended up just creating my own game to play last night and freeky was the only one to hop on.[/quote]

Yeah, pretty much the biggest complaint I have about it. For me instead, it just searches then when it fails it boots me back to the title screen.

From what I understand you can create your own games on different nights than what they're focusing on. And for those wondering, the beta does not expire, so I'm guessing single player will still be an option once the beta ends.

since we can join games with friends at any time in this beta...

should we create a schedule and time for this so those who have the beta can join and play at some specific times?

it might be cool if we can get a 'cag blue team' vs 'cag red team'

I thought the MP beta was only available on Tuesday and Thursday? I honestly haven't even touched it since Thursday night, so I may be wrong.

I was one of the few, apparently, to actually find a couple games though.

[quote name='craigbezzle']I thought the MP beta was only available on Tuesday and Thursday? I honestly haven't even touched it since Thursday night, so I may be wrong.

I was one of the few, apparently, to actually find a couple games though.[/quote]

I played MP last night FWIW

I'd be down for some MP tonight after the KZ2 clan match (should end around 9:45 est). Whoever is organizing, please send me an invite.

bread's done
Back