Father-daughter dance with an ignorant man-child (OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flowery']Just saw the trailer for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Can't wait for christmas day now.[/QUOTE]After seeing the trailer attached to something I watched recently, I'm secretly looking forward to Sherlock Holmes. :oops:

I don't particularly care for Russell Crowe but that Ridley Scott Robin Hood movie next year should be really cool, too.

Dinner time.[quote name='Brak']tiredfornow, if a game plays the same on both consoles, and they're equal... wouldn't graphics then be the tipping point on which one is superior?[/QUOTE]Live > PSN.

I really don't get why it would be called inferior cause something you more than likely didn't even notice until some stupid site like Kotaku/Joystiq put the comparison up, but to each their own.

[quote name='tiredfornow']They play the same. What's so inferior about it?

I understand the Live > PSN issue, but over some textures that you more than likely didn't even give a shit to stare at when the game came out? :rofl: C'mon.[/QUOTE]

I can dumb it down a bit if you want.

Let's say there's two of the exact same car on a lot. You're going to buy one. The only difference is one has a scratch, but you might not notice it all the time. Which fucking car would you buy?

God, I'm tired. Little sleep and running around all day without a car sucks. But after looking at ten dealers I think I've got two contenders. Though both are at the limit of my comfortable buying power.

My number 1 so far is the new Volvo XC60. I was at the dealer at night so I need another test drive and a better look at the car. But right now that's my number 1. And then number 2 is the Volkswagon Tiguan. But I'm going to keep looking over the next few days and hopefully make a purchase this weekend.

[quote name='Trakan']I would. You'd have to be a real retard to pick the inferior one when you have a choice in which one you buy.[/QUOTE]

If all that shit was so important to you I am pretty sure you would be gaming on a PC.

I saw The Brothers Grimm in theaters. I thought it was decent being a mindless cool looking fairy tale and think its worth a rent at the least.

I am looking forward to Sherlock Holmes as well. Guy Ritchie is a genius.

[quote name='flowery']I saw The Brothers Grimm in theaters. I thought it was decent being a mindless cool looking fairy tale and think its worth a rent at the least.[/QUOTE]

You know what I hate most about movie theaters?

Black people.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If all that shit was so important to you I am pretty sure you would be gaming on a PC.[/QUOTE]

Because some of us don't spend enough time in an uncomfortable chair in-front of a PC screen we need to spend our leisure gaming hours there also?

fuck that shit, PC gaming is an absolute last resort.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why not? Budge and puma are already in bed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You know what I hate most about movie theaters?

Black people.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Hmmm. I wonder if PS3 piracy would be countered with ban waves. :\
Not that it matters, because PS3 piracy would require downloading 8x the data and probably won't be practical for awhile. :)

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You know what I hate most about movie theaters?

Black people.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind black people in the theater because watching some movies with their commentary in the background is hilarious sometimes.

Kids are worse than AIDS in a theater.

[quote name='seanr1221']Brak would fit in perfectly with American psychologists since everyone has ODD or ASD :lol:[/QUOTE]
All of my diagnoses have been correct.

You should have seen the PMs DarkNessBear sent me after I raveled unto him his Assburgers diagnosis.

I'm like the Gregory House, M.D. of CAG.

[quote name='flowery']I don't mind black people in the theater because watching some movies with their commentary in the background is hilarious sometimes.

Kids are worse than AIDS in a theater.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

"You know what's better than this movie? Commentary from black people. Here, take my $10."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You forget another key element; the controller. The DS(1,2,3) are absolute shit. The controller is ancient and not ergonomic at all. I can't stand using that thing.[/QUOTE]

What you and temp are missing here is that the controller preference is a matter of opinion while the difference in textures/framerate/resolution is factual. Whether or not you CARE about the difference is opinion, just the same as what controller you prefer.

Temp, man... Just see movies that black people aren't interested in.

In other words: don't go to black movies.

Are you familiar with allopathic compulsions coupled with iatrogenic disorders?

Don't be like most American psychologists today, Brak! :[

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Because some of us don't spend enough time in an uncomfortable chair in-front of a PC screen we need to spend our leisure gaming hours there also?

fuck that shit, PC gaming is an absolute last resort.[/QUOTE]

no one is saying that you have to. The point was made regarding an argument over playing the most techincally advanced version of a game. If technical specs are that important, the PC version is almost always going to win out.

[quote name='Brak']Temp, man... Just see movies that black people aren't interested in.

In other words: don't go to black movies.[/QUOTE]

Don't they only watch those Tyler Perry movies? I stay the fuck away from them. And anything with "Soul" in the title.

[quote name='Trakan']I can dumb it down a bit if you want.

Let's say there's two of the exact same car on a lot. You're going to buy one. The only difference is one has a scratch, but you might not notice it all the time. Which fucking car would you buy?[/QUOTE]

Not quite a valid way to dumb it down. There'd have to be something in there about only putting a certain kind of gas in each car (platform). Then you'd have to consider which you'd choose. The car with the scratch or the car that runs on a fuel that's likely to explode and burst into flames at any moment.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']no one is saying that you have to. The point was made regarding an argument over playing the most techincally advanced version of a game. If technical specs are that important, the PC version is almost always going to win out.[/QUOTE]

Some of us got tired of spending the cost of a console ever 6-7 months to stay competitive (although that certainly seems to have tapered off).

If all your games are :cool: then maybe all that cost is negated, but there are some of us who really don't like doing that with any frequency.

So it becomes apples and oranges when comparing consoles to PC games.
Also: giant HDTV > 24" LCD.

[quote name='Brak']I can't wait for that.

I'm more looking forward to Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, as I LOVE the source material.

I wonder who will be cast to play Don Quixote.[/QUOTE]

Did you see Lost in La Mancha? According to that, Don Quixote was gonna be played by Jean Rochefort and Sancho Panza was gonna be played by Johnny Depp.

ps_qclos.jpg

That was about 10 years ago so I don't know what that guy is up to now a days. If they can't get him anymore, I think John Hurt would be a good choice.

They're getting a new cast, Mak.[quote name='munch']I don't think he got Borderlands for the PS3, sean, so you couldn't play with him anyway.[/QUOTE]It's ok, he still has Maklershed, Eviltude and DarthPuma.

:puke: @ the first segment on this week's This American Life.
Act One. It's Fun to Make Hell on Earth.

Trinity Church in Texas puts on something called Hell House every Halloween. It's like a haunted house, but each scene shows teenage church members acting out scenes of things the church considers sins. There's a homosexual dying of AIDS; a girl in an abortion clinic (on a doctor's table with fake blood splashed between her legs); a mom who leaves her family for someone she meets on the Internet. George Ratliff made a documentary about all this called Hell House. He plays some of his footage and talks about how effective it is, and how much of a thrill it is for the pious teenagers to act like sinners. His film opens in Boston this weekend; its website is here. (14 minutes)
http://thisamericanlife.com/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=213

[quote name='h3llbring3r']BTW The Third Man Criterion :br: is now OOP.[/QUOTE]
What the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back