FGT #17 went 0-2 in MK4 at EVO and macked on Kayo Police

[quote name='asianxcore']Can't wait for no Viper nerfs, lame Akuma nerfs, lots of twins nerfs and more Seth nerfs.[/QUOTE]

Don't be such a debby downer, I was just having some fun. :cool:

Genei Jin scaling - every move only does 2% of its regular damage.

[quote name='distgfx']No, they find something new to bitch about.[/QUOTE]
someone speaks from experience!

[quote name='kainzero']someone speaks from experience![/QUOTE]

Clearly.

I fuckin' hate Gen, he's a cheap ass bastard. He has TWO fuckin' stances!

[quote name='distgfx']Clearly.

I fuckin' hate Gen, he's a cheap ass bastard. He has TWO fuckin' stances![/QUOTE]

He's too fast for an old man. That's not realistic. Capcom needs to get on that nerf.

[quote name='asianxcore']He's too fast for an old man. That's not realistic. Capcom needs to get on that nerf.[/QUOTE]

Hakan needs a nerf too, you don't gain powers from dousing yourself in oil! He goes from shit tier to broken tier instantly, FIX THIS SHIT, CAPCOM!

[quote name='distgfx']Hakan needs a nerf too, you don't gain powers from dousing yourself in oil! He goes from shit tier to broken tier instantly, FIX THIS SHIT, CAPCOM![/QUOTE]

No, they need to correct Hakan so he comes into the match oiled up. In his intro he clearly douses himself in oil!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Hulk/Sentinel/Nemesis - Team Armor Frames. Tell everyone I'm a 12 year old kid. Win all the games.[/QUOTE]

CJ Truth is 13 years old. Plays SSFIV.

[quote name='distgfx']Can't wait for people to bitch more about Sakura now.

Kainzero is on suicide watch now.[/QUOTE]
i played sakura when she didn't have a crossup

i ain't worried

[quote name='hankmecrankme']ken army will be out in full force.[/quote]

"omg i so mashed out his uppercut! Why didnt it kill you!?!??!?!?!?!"

/EDIT??! Forums have an auto de-capitalization feature now?

[quote name='Thomas96']Fav song from 3rd Strike

http://youtu.be/D3uP2v6JPcg[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus Twelve's standing pose always made him look lke he was dancing to it.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the soundtrack (though I do see its good qualities) so I'm mostly happy about the remixs that Simon Viklund did for the game.

If its anything close to what he did for Bionic Commando Rearmed, I'm in hog heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r7TrYZwJ0

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, plus Twelve's standing pose always made him look lke he was dancing to it.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the soundtrack (though I do see its good qualities) so I'm mostly happy about the remixs that Simon Viklund did for the game.

If its anything close to what he did for Bionic Commando Rearmed, I'm in hog heaven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1r7TrYZwJ0[/QUOTE]

I never played the new bionic command and thus never heard his remakes. It sounds really good. I hope there's some custommmusic cause I'd add this tracknto the mix.

yo whatuuuuuuuuup~!!!

I found a bunch of posters, was gonna throw them away but I thought Id check in here first.

AqA4w.jpg
1rAXg.jpg
q99AV.jpg
OuMKx.jpg
0FsTr.jpg
hOJ0b.jpg
S2faf.jpg

if u guys want them for free, have em for free. If u wanna reimburse a little somethin somethin, u can do that too!

either way let me know if anybody wants anything else they'll end up in the trash with the vinyl I offered to give Shimi who is apparently too cool to hang out with me in real life now lol

I'll take the 2002 one.

And fuck KEN. That scrubby ass halfing is gonna be sucking on deez nuts when it comes time for Sean to bring it to him. Throw it to the left. Throw it to the right. Cause when you play basketball you gots to do it right. Gonna aim that ball straight to Ken's goofy toebaggin hair.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Ken Army will be out in full force.[/QUOTE]
i could probably play ken vs ken in 3s all day

it's a fun matchup.

[quote name='kainzero']i could probably play ken vs ken in 3s all day

it's a fun matchup.[/QUOTE]

Scrub vs Scrub. I see. NOW. FIGHT A NEW ONE!

AE 2012 Changes: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...012-changes-part-1.144260/page-2#post-5757355

Ryu
-U2 Metsu Shoryuken hitbox increased, easier to lock-on for full animation (better as an anti-air in general)

-With a counter-hit Shakunetsu Hadouken (red fireball) you can combo into U2 Metsu Shoryuken with full animation. Try using it in combination with crouching MK (TL note: make your opponent block cr.MK, and if they try to focus absorb your regular fireball, if you do an EX it will hit as counter-hit).

For this to combo in this particular scenario, you will need to EX/Red Fireball -> FADC -> U2 Metsu Shoryuken.
HOWEVER, if you score a counter-hit with EX fireball at close range, an FADC is not required for U2 to combo.

-(In-air) Hurricane Kick's brake frames are shortened by 3. I'm not exactly sure what Ayano is talking about here... but he says basically you can use this changed property to alter your jump trajectory.

-Solar Plexus: damage is now changed to 40+60 for a total of 100.

-Close standing HK on a crouching opponent, on counter-hit, is comboable into sweep. This works regardless of which character your opponent is.

Ken
He's pretty good now, so there aren't many changes here. Slight buffs.

-Target Combo: hitbox has been made bigger (towards the lower part) so that you can catch crouching opponents more easily. You can also now delay the second hit of the TC.

-EX Shoryuken's damage is now 80+30+30 for a total of 190 damage. Should give you a better risk/reward return.

Chun Li
Minor changes here, done to make Chun a more stable character apparently.

-(In air) down+MK can now be down with down-forward+MK. However, down-back+MK will NOT work.

-Back+MK on counter-hit gives you +3 frame advantage (did it used to be +1, like with LP and LK on counter-hit??)

-After back+MK, the MK follow-up is easier to hit-confirm into (probably means the input window is extended).

-Crouching HK's stun value has been increased to 150.

-U2 Kikousho's start-up has been changed to 9 frames. It should be easier to anti-air/combo into now.

-Apparently in SSF4 AE, when you manage to land U1 against very specific characters there was some sort of bug that didn't allow the whole UC1 to connect properly. This has been fixed.

E.Honda

-LP headbutts are back to the way they were in SSF4 console, which is to say invincibility (on the upper half of Honda's body) has been restored. However, when you hit your opponent with LP headbutt during its invincibility frames, damage is reduced slightly, to 100.

-MP headbutt has been given lower-body invincibility in a way similar to SSF4 AE's LP headbutt. Ayano notes that for players who've properly researched strategies on how to take advantage of AE's LP headbutt lower-body invincibility, your efforts have not been in vain.

Blanka
In general, Blanka's Rolling Attacks (not sure what they're called in English, but it's the forward roll) have been given a brand new twist.

-Firstly, all Rolling Attacks have increased damage, by an additional 10. As a result,

Weak: 110
Medium: 120
Heavy: 130
EX: 120

-Furthermore, heavy and EX rolling attacks now knockdown if, and only if, you manage to land it within the first 2 attack frames (basically, the frames during which they are FADC-able).

So for instance, when you perform the following combo:
Crouching LK, crouching LK, standing LP, heavy Rolling Attack...
... You will score a knockdown.

-Furthermore, if you manage to land an EX Rolling Attack within the first 2 active frames, this will put your opponent in a juggle state to be hit by pursuit-property moves. So try and FADC out of that and add damage.
(EDIT: not sure what you might be able to combo with though. Not really a Blanka player here.)

-The charged version of Rock Crusher (Blanka's overhead... I think you can hold down the button to delay the start-up) will give you a +5 frame advantage on hit.

So combos like Rock Crusher -> crouching MK -> heavy Rolling Attack are now possible.

Zangief
The changes here revolve primarily around damage.

-Weak SPD's stun value has been changed to 150.

-The damage for EX Banishing Fist (AKA green hand) has been changed to 90+50 for a total of 140. Stun has also been adjusted to 100+50 for a total of 150.

-Crouching LP's hitbox six has been altered. Previously when you do a jump-in and follow-up with a crouching LP, sometimes it whiffs on certain crouching characters. This has now been fixed.
Edit: I mis-translated this part earlier.
Kudos to Arc-rail for spotting the error.

-Crouching HK now lowers the height of Zangief's vulnerability hitbox (TL's note: in a fashion similar to Akuma's cr.MK). During this animation you will not be able to dodge certain attacks.

Guile
Has to do with changes that were made from SSF4 console to AE. They've been redone over for the sake of better balance.

-In AE, when you hit Guile while he's doing his Sonic Boom, it's considered a counter-hit. This has been abolished.

-Air throws have been changed to 3-frame start-up (TL's note: down from 4-frame).

-Spinning Backfist's damage has been revised to 100.

-The first 6 frames of Reverse Spin Kick has throw-invulnerability.

Dhalsim

-Yoga Inferno's damage is now 75x2+60x3 for a total of 330.

-EX Yoga Blast's damage is now 90+50. So basically the first hit gives 20 more damage, while the second hit gives 20 less. So if you trade hits with your opponent this will give you slightly more damage.

-Standing LP now has 4 active frames instead of 3. However, the overall frame length for this move has not been changed. (TL's note: this either means start-up has been reduced by 1 frame, or recovery has been reduced by 1 frame).

-Dhalsim's vulnerability hitboxes on medium/heavy Yoga Blast has been made smaller, so he's harder to hit during these moves now.

In addition, HK Yoga Blast will now put your opponent in a state of juggle.

Boxer
In AE, Boxer's changes mostly revolved around damage nerfs. This has been revised in the rebalance.

-Buffalo Head's damage is now as follows,
Medium: 120
Heavy: 140
EX: 150
Which were the values for SSF4 console.

-U2 Dirty Bull's damage has been increased to 399. However, it takes longer to recover from the special U2 animation on hit.

-This is a minor change but Dash Swing Blow's properties on hit has been changed in a manner that ensures the following combo,
Dash Swing Blow -> crouching MP,
will connect on all characters on hit (TL note: did this whiff on certain characters in AE?)

-The lower part of Close standing HP's hitbox has been enlarged, so that it will no longer whiff on certain crouching characters up-close.

Claw
Slight changes to make him easier to use.

-Crouching HK (slide)'s damage has been increased to 110, which was the value for SSF4 console version.

-Cosmic Heel's frame disadvantage on block has been reduced by 1. So when blocked, the maximum frame disadvantage for Cosmis Heel is now shortened to -3.

-Sky High Claw now knocks down grounded opponents too.

-If U1 Bloody High Claw hits on the way up (flying towards the wall), the hitboxes for the remainder of the Ultra have been increased greatly so that they will always connect.

-U2 Splendid Claw's start-up has been revised to 8 frames.

Sagat
He's already pretty good in AE. So there's only one change here:

-After Angry Charge, the damage for Sagat's weak, medium and EX (but not heavy) gets 10 additional damage on top of what it currently is in AE.

Dictator
Ayano notes that they basically want to keep Dictator the same as it is now in AE. So only one change here.

-Double Knee Press's stun value has been changed to 100+50 for a total of 150 - for all versions of this move.

Furthermore, the frame advantage for the first hit of Double Knee Press has been increased by 1. So if you do the move and FADC on the first hit, the maximum frame advantage possible is now +5.

C.Viper
Damage nerfs and some small changes.

-Medium Thunder Knuckle's damage has been changed from 120 to 110.

-EX Thunder Knuckle's start-up has been reduced to 25 frames. Also, on hit with this move the frame advantage is 2 frames longer than it currently is in AE. The changes here should make it easier for Viper players to catch backdashes with EX Thunder Knuckle and punish accordingly.

-EX Seismo Hammer's damage has been decreased from 120 to 100.

-U1 Burst Time's maximum damage has been reduced to 441. On the plus side, the hitbox for U1 has been increased such that it's now easier to combo from (in-air) Burning Kick, HP Thunder Knuckle, etc.

-U2 Burning Dance's maximum damage has been INCREASED to 410.
Edit: Made a mistake on this (originally wrote decreased).
Kudos to Theautophobia for catching the error and providing additional info: increased from 380 to 410.

Tomorrow another 13 characters' changes will be revealed.

How many years late to the party is this?

Me thinks due to the release window it'll come to Wii U as well since that is the rumored release for it.

SSF4AE2k12 Edit:
- Finally glad that after 4 iterations of SF4, they're fixing Chun's Ultra 1
- I'm not sure, but it doesn't sound like Ryu's been buffed after all the de-buffing
- Same goes for Sagat
- I'm not sure what else are buffs/nerfs

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Isn't Third Strike supposed to be available today? Has anyone been able to download it on XBLM?[/QUOTE]

Today on PSN, tomorrow on XBLA.

I know that I personally cannot wait to be slaughtered by everyone for the 90 minutes or so I'll be able to play it this week.

[quote name='Halo05']fuckin' great. About time. I hope it shows up as a pseudo-value title at $30 or $40.[/QUOTE]

Here is hoping they go the VF4: Evolution route, meaning $20 bucks.

[quote name='MarkMan']Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown coming to consoles Summer 2012.

http://www.sega.com/news/?n=5290[/QUOTE]

Wow, 2012? Thats a long ways off.

Glad to see It's coming though. Too bad Virtua Fighter 5 online trades for a dollar or so, so will probably be stuck with it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']About fucking time.

But seriously, Summer 2012? :roll: I want that shit now.[/QUOTE]
dood Hankme!!

releasing it that far in the future means u have enough time to save up the amount of purchase!!

Anyone else excited about the Mortal Kombat Kollection finally coming out? @ $10 too!

Hopefully UMK3 will have Button Mapping and I'll be a happy camper.

[quote name='asianxcore']Anyone else excited about the Mortal Kombat Kollection finally coming out? @ $10 too!

Hopefully UMK3 will have Button Mapping and I'll be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

just found out. awesome.

If it doesn't allow button mapping I'm going to the new developer's house and burning that son of a bitch to the ground.

It was inexcusable in... 2007? with the first release of UMK3 on XBLA, I'll go nuts if they do it again.

[quote name='asianxcore']Anyone else excited about the Mortal Kombat Kollection finally coming out? @ $10 too!

Hopefully UMK3 will have Button Mapping and I'll be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, dude. I miss UMK3.

bread's done
Back