FGT # XVIII misses fried chicken... f**k living in Orange County...

[quote name='asianxcore']I played like ass haha. I was still getting used to the new nerfs that Dorm had while not using any of his new awesome shit :)

Ended up going 1-1 since it was Single Elimination.

Dorm w/ Ghost Rider's Chain Of Rebuttal can OTG. It's crazy if you get a hard knockdown mid-screen, you can dash flame carpet xx Ghost Rider OTG. It picks them back up, knocks them to the wall for a wall bounce, all in time to do Dark Hole xx Chaotic Flame.

LOL I admit I played like ass. I only play 2 teams (Wolv/Dorm/Akuma + Wesker/Dorm/Akuma) and both don't really have the same kind of synergy anymore. I don't know who I'll end up playing but Dorm will be the focus.

Even though I played terrible, I was happy to do commentary with my friend Dacidbro. Also love to bring that random and offensive commentary to IPW ears everywhere.

[/QUOTE]
I wanted to watch the end of the stream, but I had to get to bed for work today. East Coast time hurts a lot of my stream watching capabilities. :( I managed to stay for your last match.

Dormammu is looking really solid in UMvC3. He wasn't a slouch in MvC3, certainly, but he has a bunch of buffs that really enhance what he already did. He just seems less floaty, more mobile in general, and canceling out of Dark Matter seems like it can setup some tricky stuff.

I really dug DacidBro's Cap+Vergil. DHCing from Hyper Charging Star into DT, OTG was really smart. Vergil looks so awesome. I thought Wesker's airthrow was supposed to be nerfed? It didn't throw people far. Midscreen OTG gunshot into full combo looked easy peasy.

[quote name='GuardianE']I wanted to watch the end of the stream, but I had to get to bed for work today. East Coast time hurts a lot of my stream watching capabilities. :( I managed to stay for your last match.

Dormammu is looking really solid in UMvC3. He wasn't a slouch in MvC3, certainly, but he has a bunch of buffs that really enhance what he already did. He just seems less floaty, more mobile in general, and canceling out of Dark Matter seems like it can setup some tricky stuff.

I really dug DacidBro's Cap+Vergil. DHCing from Hyper Charging Star into DT, OTG was really smart. Vergil looks so awesome. I thought Wesker's airthrow was supposed to be nerfed? It didn't throw people far. Midscreen OTG gunshot into full combo looked easy peasy.[/QUOTE]

Dorm definitely didn't need buffs IMO. Maybe I'm biased because he's my favorite character and I've played him for so long, but I liked him the way he was. I can understand the Flame Carpet changing because most people got hit with it in the stupidest ways. I loved pushblocking people into it :)

Captain America looked really fun. That OTG shield shit was so bullshit haha. I was talking to K-Beast who also had a Captain America Team in Vanilla (Cap/Sent/C.Viper) and he said a lot of stuff he did in Vanilla doesn't work with Cap now and he's interested in going into the lab to find out better shit as opposed to just loop + OTG shield stuff.

Also I think what I was told was that Wesker's backthrow is the one that is affected? I played my friend Alex and he got me with the throw xx Gun OTG pretty much all the time. Lots of players on the stream did it too. Was told it was backthrow but I didn't get a chance to test it out.

[quote name='asianxcore']Dorm definitely didn't need buffs IMO. Maybe I'm biased because he's my favorite character and I've played him for so long, but I liked him the way he was. I can understand the Flame Carpet changing because most people got hit with it in the stupidest ways. I loved pushblocking people into it :)

Captain America looked really fun. That OTG shield shit was so bullshit haha. I was talking to K-Beast who also had a Captain America Team in Vanilla (Cap/Sent/C.Viper) and he said a lot of stuff he did in Vanilla doesn't work with Cap now and he's interested in going into the lab to find out better shit as opposed to just loop + OTG shield stuff.

Also I think what I was told was that Wesker's backthrow is the one that is affected? I played my friend Alex and he got me with the throw xx Gun OTG pretty much all the time. Lots of players on the stream did it too. Was told it was backthrow but I didn't get a chance to test it out.[/QUOTE]

I think Dorm was fine the way he was, too. I'm not a big Dorm player, but it kinda looks like he can be played the same way... just better. They did that flame carpet nerf, which I have to admit I'm in favor of, and they also allegedly changed the hitbox on his c.M so it's not as godly of an anti-air, but his toolset was otherwise simply expanded to grant him more freedom (canceling Dark Matter, airborne Dark Spells, throw to hard knockdown).

Flame carpet would always drive me nuts because it would sometimes whiff if I was crouching and right next to it (I wouldn't even go into block animation), but it would hit as soon as I stood up and lead to a dead character. :( The hitbox on it is really weird.

I'm looking forward to seeing what K-Beast comes up with on Cap. Even that basic loop + OTG makes basic Cap completely different. He's much scarier now.

The GAF Changelog (based on incomplete info of course) said that Wesker's airthrow and back airthrow were nerfed and pushed the opponent farther away to make followup more difficult. This was presumably to reduce some of Wesker's reset potential. That definitely wasn't the case on the stream, though. Looks like they changed it back!

[quote name='GuardianE']
The GAF Changelog (based on incomplete info of course) said that Wesker's airthrow and back airthrow were nerfed and pushed the opponent farther away to make followup more difficult. This was presumably to reduce some of Wesker's reset potential. That definitely wasn't the case on the stream, though. Looks like they changed it back![/QUOTE]

EVERYONE was getting throw ---> OTG Gun BS all night haha

P.S: Rolento.......my 2 matches I played with Rolento in SF x T were weird. The game's mechanics/overall movement really fuck up the character. His movement doesn't seem as ambiguous and his Patriot Circle is retarded slow.

SF x T needs a LOT of work, I'm glad it's coming out (next year?). There were a lot more things I didn't like about it/unsure than I liked about it.

So I ended up buying the $4 match pack that was the top 8 of a secret tournament held @ Capcom and has commentary by James Chen.

Here was the top 8 (tournament started w/16)

Winners bracket
Higa (Ibuki) vs. Tokido (Chun-Li)
Ed Ma (Ken) vs. Boss (Makoto)

Losers bracket
Justin Wong (Chun Li) vs. EmphyNAPS (Urien)
ROM (Yang) vs. Kokujin (Dudley)

now that 3s patch came out, ranked match with green ping is actually decent...
though there are missed parries that make me want to pull my hair out.
i think i won like 3-4 matches last night where the other guy would throw fireballs and i would just parry it until i had super, then blew through with super (Makoto SA2/Chun Li SA2).

and i got an S rank once too, lol.

lol reminds me of the C.Viper dust fake win on vanilla SFIV

also, damn you MM

SI_TK-tekkenstickbundle.jpg

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...KKEN-Hybrid-Extreme-Edition-PLAYSTATION3.html

I'd so buy but the price is killing me >_

[quote name='hankmecrankme']For $150, I'd scrap to get it.

For $250? No thanks. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I'd be fine with $200 honestly since it comes with a game and whatnot... but... yeah, +$50 more is a bit tall honestly.

Who came up with the price? Geez.

EDIT: Wait, if that's sold exclusively on their site, does that mean there's a shipping cost too?

[quote name='asianxcore']SF x T needs a LOT of work, I'm glad it's coming out (next year?). There were a lot more things I didn't like about it/unsure than I liked about it.[/QUOTE]

I want a very detailed description of these complaints ... please?

[quote name='distgfx']I want a very detailed description of these complaints ... please?[/QUOTE]

I'll just repost what I put on my Facebook on Wednesday morning.

I can try and answer more questions if you have them after reading this:

SFxT, I'm still not sure on yet. It's loose (not in a good way IMO), there's way too much damage payoff for 1 hit confirm normal. Characters being able to charge one specific Special + Dash Cancel out of it for no meter is a little silly. Amongst many other things. Also I don't like how the game's mechanics ruin Rolento's amazing movement in all the previous games he was in. Also Light Patriot Circle was way too damn slow.

In terms of the charging, assume this

Guile charging a Sonic Boom, if you hold the attack button you can get a stronger/cinematic Sonic Boom, if not, you can just fake a Sonic Boom and Dash out of it. Same with Ken's Tatsu and Kuma's slash.

As of the current build, it feels very here nor there. It's not quite a bunch of anything.

I also talked to a few of my friends/players last night that said the game felt very generic. That how the game is there is tons of character variety but in the end you are doing the same thing with everyone.

Hit confirm a normal into a chain then Tag Exchange to continue the combo, do it again= the character loses almost 50%. Also some of the grapplers EX Command Grabs have way too much range and do way too much damage.

It has a long way to go and hope it changes from the build that we all played.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kainzero']when it comes to shipping, i feel like anything more than $0 is expensive.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Unless it's a Dragon Quest game or a Pinball Hall of Fame game. Then I spare NO expense lol

[quote name='LostRoad']No can do, in Chicago till Sat. Asian should know though he played him long enough.

You see when too people get drunk enough you get a baby.You have access to the web during boot?[/QUOTE]

Yea I'll most likely have internet on my phone so I'ma be aite Gina.

i feel like sfxt isn't figured out yet so people are doing the stuff "in-system"

also no one picks the tekken characters. i laughed when people were calling kazuya's wavedash broken, though all the options out of it were unsafe. they ain't never played tekken before.

[quote name='kainzero']i feel like sfxt isn't figured out yet so people are doing the stuff "in-system"[/QUOTE]

Weren't people complaining about something similar when they played MvC3 for the first time? How much damage you could get off of a cr.L, the easy mode combos, etc?

[quote name='distgfx']Weren't people complaining about something similar when they played MvC3 for the first time? How much damage you could get off of a cr.L, the easy mode combos, etc?[/QUOTE]

:p

You guys asked, so I posted.

Thanks for the info. ^__^

Hopefully when the game releases people can figure out some cool shit with it. Even if they can't, it looks like something to pop in and play casually and have fun with, not take it seriously.

So basically, like SFIV.

[quote name='asianxcore']:p

You guys asked, so I posted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Thanks for the info. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Yea, thanks for the info, didn't mean to sound like a dick. :rofl:

[quote name='distgfx']Yea, thanks for the info, didn't mean to sound like a dick. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:lol: You won't be so cheery if they don't find some way to balance out EX Command Grabs.

When I played Marduk, he didn't get a damage increase from using EX. But Abel and King both had HUGE range increases when using EX and knocked out close to 30% life when connecting one.

Also find it hilarious that much of what I did with Abel in SFIV, worked in SFxT.

[quote name='kainzero']i think the namco label on the side is pretty ugly[/QUOTE]

That's actually a big part of why I want it. I love the clean look. It's why I prefer the HRAPs over the TEs, no game-specific artwork.

[quote name='asianxcore']:lol: You won't be so cheery if they don't find some way to balance out EX Command Grabs.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea? Know what I have to say to that?
*shrugs*

[quote name='Halo05']That's actually a big part of why I want it. I love the clean look. It's why I prefer the HRAPs over the TEs, no game-specific artwork.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same. Not a big fan of sticks covered in a single game's art.

the clean black look is cool but ugh at the NAMCO

i was trying to figure out what art to put on my stick before i realized ... it looks tacky as hell putting anything on which was why i could never go through with it.

now i want to put a nice clean design on... maybe like a simple gradient or something and something that says ARCADE STICK. and not in comic sans. thanks dan gilbert.

I've wanted to just toss a full black plexi on my TE for a while. Simple clean look.

I'm not a fan of random plastic designs, like this.
street-fighter-x-tekken-fightsticks2.jpg

See the white plastic part on the bottom, and how it's full of unnecessary angles and shit? Yeah, don't really like that.

My favorite stick is the VSHG. Six face buttons and start, has the rest of the buttons flush so they don't get in the way, built like a tank, and no game art. Stock PCB's problems with multiple simultaneous button presses and inability to use any Seimitsu outside of the LS-56 with VF plate without lots of work are its only flaws IMO. Replaced the PCB in mine with a Cthulhu so it's all good.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any idea when we'll see some new character reveals for UMvC3?

Really excited to see how the last few characters play.[/QUOTE]

Same here... crossing my fingers I can actually learn them/they make sense to me and my hands.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any idea when we'll see some new character reveals for UMvC3?

Really excited to see how the last few characters play.[/QUOTE]

It's obvious to say but probably soon? I heard someone at the UMVC3 event talking to Seth about when there would be a build with some of the unrevealed characters in it.

Also I heard multiple people talking at the UMVC3 event about the game already being done. Might be true, might not be, who knows!

[quote name='distgfx']:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it's a true story.

Please don't bring up X Viper players placing or her being an execution heavy character :)

Her options on Offense and Defense are beyond ridiculous for a game like SFIV.

[quote name='asianxcore']Sorry, it's a true story.

Please don't bring up X Viper players placing or her being an execution heavy character :)

Her options on Offense and Defense are beyond ridiculous for a game like SFIV.[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

bread's done
Back