Evo games...

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition Ver.2012
Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3
Soul Calibur V
King of Fighters XIII
Mortal Kombat 9
Street Fighter X Tekken

Yeah... =\

EDIT: I love going in on you at GAF, beef. C'mon, admit it, BlazBlue deserved a spot as much as any of those games. It's a good game, even if you don't personally like it. Would have loved to see some 3s love, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
KOF went from rags to riches. Got that worthless Blazblue out of there. Animu fightahs should be kept where they belong. With Arcana Hearts fans. Now excuse me while I eat a taco in celebration.

[quote name='Paco']KOF went from rags to riches. Got that worthless Blazblue out of there. Animu fightahs should be kept where they belong. With Arcana Hearts fans. Now excuse me while I eat a taco in celebration.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:applause:[/QUOTE]

Here's Blazblue and KOF.

swish.gif

Blazblue is black trunks and KOF is white trunks. Fantastic. Neogaf always has a great trolling gif to post.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! \\:D/

Whut I tell u nigz bout dat GHEY 'OFz XIII ! (get hype get hypez, HD comboz fo' dayz)

I iz teh psychicz almost, lolz all mah 1st I guessez wuz spot on. :applause: :bouncy:
Teh GHEY E 2012 n UMVC Treez wuz FREE!

Hopefully to see many a CAGz therez. Shoutz out to BIG WIND / BIG TORNADO. We should go to eatz as a CAGaroooz groupz if time permitz, I iz not as crazy in person as on teh interwebz. ;)

[quote name='Paco']KOF went from rags to riches. Got that worthless Blazblue out of there. Animu fightahs should be kept where they belong. With Arcana Hearts fans. Now excuse me while I eat a taco in celebration.[/QUOTE]

Your judgment of quality was invalidated the day you said kofxii's netcode was decent. That might as well be a compliment.

Didn't realize Soul Calibur 5 comes out so soon.... aww yeahhhh

[quote name='muzras']Hopefully to see many a CAGz therez. Shoutz out to BIG WIND / BIG TORNADO. We should go to eatz as a CAGaroooz groupz if time permitz, I iz not as crazy in person as on teh interwebz. ;)[/QUOTE]

We did this last year.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Didn't realize Soul Calibur 5 comes out so soon.... aww yeahhhh

We did this last year.[/QUOTE]
Yah I remember we eat at teh Wicked Spoon wif HeavyD (shoutz out to Seattlez!), Jekkiz, BIG WINDz, n mah frwhend Jose.

So you do not want to go out and eat again wif fellow CAGaroooz? :cry:
or you do? :D

MarkyMangz Y U NO come to eatz? Too busy wif radcatz stuffz I guess.

I may be able to go to NCR. Maybe.
[quote name='distgfx']EDIT: I love going in on you at GAF, beef. C'mon, admit it, BlazBlue deserved a spot as much as any of those games. It's a good game, even if you don't personally like it. Would have loved to see some 3s love, too.[/QUOTE]
Never. Not in a million years. BlazBlue is horseshit, and I'm glad that game is gone. Maybe now I'll finally have a reason to wake up early to catch the EVO stream.

And 3S has about as much of a chance coming back as ST does now. The 3S remake honeymoon is over, and people are realizing that the project isn't as flawless as they hoped.

[quote name='distgfx']Evo games...
EDIT: I love going in on you at GAF, beef. C'mon, admit it, BlazBlue deserved a spot as much as any of those games. It's a good game, even if you don't personally like it. Would have loved to see some 3s love, too.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see BlazBlue there as well, but I can't blame them for going with titles to boost attendance. BlazBlue didn't have the greatest showing last year, and KOF has been getting a lot of support from various streams.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I may be able to go to NCR. Maybe.

Never. Not in a million years. BlazBlue is horseshit, and I'm glad that game is gone. Maybe now I'll finally have a reason to wake up early to catch the EVO stream.

And 3S has about as much of a chance coming back as ST does now. The 3S remake honeymoon is over, and people are realizing that the project isn't as flawless as they hoped.[/QUOTE]

Oh beefykins, I thought you were more reasonable than this. I'm very disappointed in you.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'd like to see BlazBlue there as well, but I can't blame them for going with titles to boost attendance. BlazBlue didn't have the greatest showing last year, and KOF has been getting a lot of support from various streams.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure of the attendance numbers, but it would be nice to see the numbers of every game just for comparison's sake.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh beefykins, I thought you were more reasonable than this. I'm very disappointed in you.
[/QUOTE]
It's the GAF in his blood talking. Unfortunately, there's no cure.

Please leave before you infect the rest of us.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'd like to see BlazBlue there as well, but I can't blame them for going with titles to boost attendance. BlazBlue didn't have the greatest showing last year, and KOF has been getting a lot of support from various streams.[/QUOTE]

Oh right, since you play BlazBlue, what system do you play on? I don't recall ever playing you in... well... anything.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's the GAF in his blood talking. Unfortunately, there's no cure.

Please leave before you infect the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Amen, it's one thing to browse there but to join the actual community? RIP reasoning.

[quote name='distgfx']Oh beefykins, I thought you were more reasonable than this. I'm very disappointed in you.[/QUOTE]

I was more than reasonable when I gave nearly every version of Guilty Gear a shot, and BlazBlue as well. They all stink and only confirmed my belief that ASW makes awful games, and frankly I don't even know if I want the Persona fighter anymore.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I was more than reasonable when I gave nearly every version of Guilty Gear a shot, and BlazBlue as well. They all stink and only confirmed my belief that ASW makes awful games, and frankly I don't even know if I want the Persona fighter anymore.[/QUOTE]

I said that even if you didn't like it, you could at least acknowledge it as a good game. I hate plenty of the fighters you play, but that doesn't mean I'd consider them awful overall. Be a little bit reasonable here at least, just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it awful.

just a heads up:

on PSN Jill and Shuma Gorath are $2 each till next tuesday. That's $1 cheaper than buying one of them when they are not on sale (ie normal price of each of em is $5).

I picked them up both though I'll probably never main them....

I finally have my UMvC3 team locked, I just need to get better now:

Frank/Spencer/Firebrand

I need to sit down with Firebrand more though but I can play him alright now.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I was more than reasonable when I gave nearly every version of Guilty Gear a shot, and BlazBlue as well. They all stink and only confirmed my belief that ASW makes awful games, and frankly I don't even know if I want the Persona fighter anymore.[/QUOTE]

cc7d5498-6c73-41cd-b92c-4b9346ee0034.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']I said that even if you didn't like it, you could at least acknowledge it as a good game. I hate plenty of the fighters you play, but that doesn't mean I'd consider them awful overall. Be a little bit reasonable here at least, just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it awful.[/QUOTE]
lol

what is this
2008 internet debates

[quote name='kainzero']lol

what is this
2008 internet debates[/QUOTE]

You're right, using reason these days online is silly.

Say... why 2008 in specific anyway?

Actually, I don't care, lol.

[quote name='distgfx']I said that even if you didn't like it, you could at least acknowledge it as a good game. I hate plenty of the fighters you play, but that doesn't mean I'd consider them awful overall. Be a little bit reasonable here at least, just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it awful.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely cannot stand ASW, but I guess I can understand why other people like them. After all, people like FF4 and 6.

Is that better? :p

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I absolutely cannot stand ASW, but I guess I can understand why other people like them. After all, people like FF4 and 6.

Is that better? :p[/QUOTE]

That's probably the best I'll get out of you. I am not aware of FF4's or FF6's quality either. :rofl:

I played the shit outta Guilty Gear X/XX
The local arcade used to have GGX years ago, and the screen would go batshit whenever I did Sol's Tyrant Rave. So I made it a point to do it as much as possible as a finisher just for maximum awesomeness. Back in the days....*sigh*

GGS Beef.

I barely know shit in UMvC3. I don't even know BnB stuff for any of my mains. I've just been fucking around and not even watching combo videos or reading up on stuff for my guys. It's partially because I'm still trying to get to the point where I'm comfy with the game (I've never been 100% in 2D fighters, unlike Tekken).

I've had the most time with Frank, less with Spencer, and near none with Firebrand. All the bad combos I've been doing I've figured out through screwing around... >_<

I prob need to get combos more down and work on my defense as well as ty to sit down and grasp the whole game system since I'm sill learning alot. :p

Just work on Frank for now. He actually has decent synergy with Firebrand and the other characters that have power-up hypers.

I played casuals against Mine in Marvel 3 before Ultimate came out. That was back when I didn't know how to play though, so I was promptly thrashed. I think I played him in SF4 also, but I can't remember.

I've never even met Xray.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Just work on Frank for now. He actually has decent synergy with Firebrand and the other characters that have power-up hypers.[/QUOTE]

Will do.

[quote name='distgfx']You're right, using reason these days online is silly.

Say... why 2008 in specific anyway?

Actually, I don't care, lol.[/QUOTE]
that's the right attitude!

(fwiw using logic to change an emotional decision doesn't work offline, let alone online)

(what the hell i sound like a salty guy who complains about losing in offline tournaments to online players)

[quote name='kainzero']lol

what is this
2008 internet debates[/QUOTE]

HES ALIVE! Did you find pants ever?

[quote name='heavyd853']HES ALIVE! Did you find pants ever?[/QUOTE]
no!

skinny fit for me is 34 waist / relaxed fit

none of that makes any sense

[quote name='distgfx']Oh right, since you play BlazBlue, what system do you play on? I don't recall ever playing you in... well... anything.

[/QUOTE]
I play on 360, but I'm pretty terribad in BlazBlue. I wasn't great to begin with, and then they completely changed Litchi in the BBCSII patch, and I didn't have a chance to relearn her bnb's. Once Extend comes out, I might take some more time to sit down with her.

I post in this thread every now and again, but I mostly just stick to the 360 Matchmaking thread. :) I think I've only ever played Splatterhouse2 and AsianxCore in Marvel, I think.[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I finally have my UMvC3 team locked, I just need to get better now:

Frank/Spencer/Firebrand

I need to sit down with Firebrand more though but I can play him alright now.[/QUOTE]

Any reason why you would put Firebrand as anchor? Unless you're saving for X-Factor Luminous Body+ Lvl3 Helper, but neither of your other two characters are ideally strong batteries. I think Firebrand benefits far more from having assist options than from being an assist for the likes of Spencer or Frank.

whooo~!!! I went on vacation! now Im back from vacation!!

here are sum pics to share with yallz:

cz347.jpg

JV2Re.jpg

7pAWz.jpg

also fukk the haters!! Killer Instinct 2 is awesome!!

shyt has like no balance and weird azz hitboxes, but it's fun as all hell!!

I couldnt stop playing it lol

[quote name='GuardianE']
Any reason why you would put Firebrand as anchor? Unless you're saving for X-Factor Luminous Body+ Lvl3 Helper, but neither of your other two characters are ideally strong batteries. I think Firebrand benefits far more from having assist options than from being an assist for the likes of Spencer or Frank.[/QUOTE]

No real reason. I'm still self teaching myself UMvC3 without using any references and internet help. I'm mostly a dumbass with the game, but I'm intentionally doing that. Trying to get my comfort level up with characters before moving into technical stuff... I usually do it the other way around before feeling comfy. I usually quit on myself early due to this so I'm seeing if this way helps more...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Install Mega Man Legends first to let it load properly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']No real reason. I'm still self teaching myself UMvC3 without using any references and internet help. I'm mostly a dumbass with the game, but I'm intentionally doing that. Trying to get my comfort level up with characters before moving into technical stuff... I usually do it the other way around before feeling comfy. I usually quit on myself early due to this so I'm seeing if this way helps more...[/QUOTE]

that's smart, you are doing it right this time

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']that's smart, you are doing it right this time[/QUOTE]

So far it's helping. I'm getting super comfy with Spencer and frank now, but need more time with Firebrand.

Its getting to Tekken level of comfy which is nice :bouncy:

Also I was glad (even if flukes) I beat Beef 2 our ot 15 or so fights. Makes me happier he was using Wesker since I fume whenever I see him.

[quote name='GuardianE']I play on 360, but I'm pretty terribad in BlazBlue. I wasn't great to begin with, and then they completely changed Litchi in the BBCSII patch, and I didn't have a chance to relearn her bnb's. Once Extend comes out, I might take some more time to sit down with her.

I post in this thread every now and again, but I mostly just stick to the 360 Matchmaking thread. :) I think I've only ever played Splatterhouse2 and AsianxCore in Marvel, I think.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... this makes things more difficult since I play on PS3.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']No real reason. I'm still self teaching myself UMvC3 without using any references and internet help. I'm mostly a dumbass with the game, but I'm intentionally doing that. Trying to get my comfort level up with characters before moving into technical stuff... I usually do it the other way around before feeling comfy. I usually quit on myself early due to this so I'm seeing if this way helps more...[/QUOTE]

I can understand that. In reality, growing comfortable with your characters' mobility options and range only comes with experience... and internet help or references can only provide limited insight. You can practice combos and bnbs all day, but unless you're familiar with your characters' approach options, you'll never get that first hit to start that bnb. :)

Well, take it or leave it, but I'd suggest Spencer as your anchor. Firebrand is a good character, a lot better than most people think, but he needs assists and meter to do much. Spencer, however, is one of the best characters in the entire game, and can open up opponents on his own. He's the most capable anchor on your team.

[quote name='distgfx']Hmm... this makes things more difficult since I play on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well. I'll be getting EXTEND on 360, too, but down the line I might grab the PS3 version if it's cheap enough.

bread's done
Back