FGT XX isn't as good as Guilty Gear XX

Yes, SF x T soon. Hyped for that shit. Game's gonna be entertaining as hell.

A good fighter? We shall see. Entertaining as hell? Most likely.

Still looks like Rage of the Dragons to me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
And yes I won't be there, but I'm only saying that so that I can slip into the paid room and not have you guys ever planning on me paying for it ^_^[/QUOTE]

Still don't buy it. There's a reason why everyone here busts your chops about never going to EVO. "Something" will come up and you'll flake on everyone again.

I'll believe it when I see the Flight/Room booked.

[quote name='asianxcore']Still don't buy it. There's a reason why everyone here busts your chops about never going to EVO. "Something" will come up and you'll flake on everyone again.

I'll believe it when I see the Flight/Room booked.[/QUOTE]

I already talked to my summer graduate job and took evo month off. Did anyone else buy tickets yet? If so, links and I'll start booking now.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']Getting ready for the EVO and ill also agree the sooner the better!

Me and brolento can finally play TTT

and also brolento this video is for you so you can think about it and not be sad after i wax ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSrirDNwEVM[/QUOTE]

Sleigh dogz

Someone will forget to bring the right cables to play TTT on the hotel TV >_<

Would peeps like a team shirt for evo? some shitty ass FGT or something? I'm still waiting for Foley's shirt(s) to come in so I can pack them up with stuff to then get to him. At least they finished printing and are on their way now :p

Probably going to get it for 360, since on any given day there are more people on my friends list who are playing fighting games compared to my PS3 list.

Why does Mass Effect 3 have to come out the same day. Boo.

[quote name='asianxcore']Why does Mass Effect 3 have to come out the same day. Boo.[/QUOTE]

Because they know it can't compete with SFxT and they want the series to die already.

[quote name='asianxcore']Why does Mass Effect 3 have to come out the same day. Boo.[/QUOTE]

I know; it's killing me. I'm taking the 7th off so I can just all-nighter that and SFxT.

Any of you guys playing UMvC on Vita?

so who's on 360? just me and jim and actioncore?

well at least we all know where all the skilled players are going.

[quote name='kainzero']well at least we all know where all the skilled players are going.[/QUOTE]
Japanese arcades?

I'd say Evo, but since ReRo's going. . .

[quote name='kainzero']so who's on 360? just me and jim and actioncore?

well at least we all know where all the skilled players are going.[/QUOTE]
After getting jipped on MvC3 on 360 I switched to PS3 because I didn't feel like getting ripped off on extra characters again lol. Plus I don't really have any fighters on my PS3 anymore with the exception of T5: DR

Speaking of which, does anyone still play T5: DR?

[quote name='distgfx']Holy shit, I heard that place is sweet and has plenty of good looking women. DO IT![/QUOTE]lol u have jus described Las Vegas.

and Im not talkin about Rolento's perception on Vegas, which apparently is a sea of virgin penises.

[quote name='x-striker']Funny you should mention that. I think there was a real heart attack at that joint recently . . . or is that how you found out about it? :whistle2:s
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/02/man-suffers-heart-attack-at-heart-attack-grill/[/QUOTE]I heard about the place before, but yah that news story had sum homies talkin about it and I was like

"aw yah I heard of that place, where is it?"

and they're like "las vegas"

and Im like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?! I gotta tell FGT about it so we can go during Evo!!!"

Is it worth it to get the CE of SF x Tekken to get all of the preorder gems, or will the gems not be used online so the only value is to resell the code?

well, my earlier comment about miranda went the complete other way than i expected it to...

pretty shitty conclusion though

i always thought the argument to not go "professional" because of "hype" (WTF IS HYPE) was the dumbest thing ever.

i think there's this sort of retarded wannabe street/gangsta culture. it invaded popular music, and now it's in the FGC. except instead of the mean streets of south central, you talk about how street you were at the arcade.

[quote name='kainzero']well, my earlier comment about miranda went the complete other way than i expected it to...

pretty shitty conclusion though

i always thought the argument to not go "professional" because of "hype" (WTF IS HYPE) was the dumbest thing ever.

i think there's this sort of retarded wannabe street/gangsta culture. it invaded popular music, and now it's in the FGC. except instead of the mean streets of south central, you talk about how street you were at the arcade.[/QUOTE]

I've said it Ad nauseam on Facebook, but I think the community as a whole needs to grow balls. I also have to agree that there is a faux-toughness that is bleeding out of the FGC lately. Lots of people with mouths but honestly reek like they've never given or taken a beating in their life.

I see too many people afraid to stand up for themselves and speak their mind, because they are afraid of what the popular groups or the "Kings and Queens" of our community will think. Breaking news, the "Kings and Queens" of our community don't give two fucks about most of us, so I'm not sure why people are always siding with the faces of our community. It's sad when I see folks afraid to speak their mind in fear of pissing off the popular members of their community or being "exiled". Do you really want friends that spout racist, sexist or ignorant thoughts with no idea of repercussions? Last time I checked there aren't 10 people left on the entire planet, so making new friends is as easy as pie and losing them isn't as hard as you think.

The FGC is also being flooded by fakes and wieners who will talk shit all day to you behind a screen but call you sir and/or ma'am, all the while getting your food order if you see them in person. A bunch of spineless folks for sure.

I've gotten countless death threats on SRK forums and tons of slurs thrown my way. Instead of completely ignoring it, I stand my ground, let all the yappers know where can find me if they want to repeat anything and give them their own medicine back. Funny enough, even some of the locals who talk shit about me suck up to me in person. Again, more punks.

Miranda did what she thought was the best decision for her well-being. I keep forgetting that not everyone grew up with a rough background (I'm from Detroit) and not everyone deals with things the same way. As much as I wanted Miranda to fire back at Aris and fight for her equality as a woman, it's something I would have done and maybe something Miranda wouldn't feel comfortable with doing.

I do appreciate that this entire thing has made Aris look like he's never talked to a girl in his entire life, but I hate the unwanted negativity the rest of the media world has brought onto the FGC.

All in all, speak your mind and stand up for yourself.

i don't like how he threw the rest of the FGC under the bus and said it was part of the culture.

it's not like the FGC is some unified body that takes orders from on high people are different wherever you go. hell, the tekken scene is different from the sf scene in the same city.

[quote name='asianxcore']I've gotten countless death threats on SRK forums and tons of slurs thrown my way.[/QUOTE]

Really? You don't seem like the type of guy people would hate.
Unless they were all phoenix players. :bouncy:

[quote name='distgfx']Really? You don't seem like the type of guy people would hate.
Unless they were all phoenix players. :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]

-When I'm sessions and in a good mood, I have an annoying laugh on the mic.

-I make Asian jokes

-I make random jokes

-I'm random

-I don't care what people think about me and do commentary with that mentality

-I'm not Yipes, James Chen, UltraDavid, Aris, Spooky, Sabin, Black Steve, etc etc.

[quote name='kainzero']i don't like how he threw the rest of the FGC under the bus and said it was part of the culture.

it's not like the FGC is some unified body that takes orders from on high people are different wherever you go. hell, the tekken scene is different from the sf scene in the same city.[/QUOTE]

^
This x 1,000

He pretty much opened the door for every hater of the FGC to come out and say "I told you so".

and Im not talkin about Rolento's perception on Vegas, which apparently is a sea of virgin penises.
This made me laugh for far too long

Gettin my plane ticket next week. SO HYPED!

Def gotta hit up the Pinball hall of fame.

and the heart attack grill reminds me of the episode of Futurama where they have caffeinated bacon and baconated grapefruit

i remember when UCLA used to roll through for SF4 and their loudest "hypest" players were also trash at the game. i think they were filming a documentary and they made everyone face palm too... the normal people that were there were embarrassed and didn't even want to appear in the documentary anymore.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anywhere I can see some recap videos of Cross Assault?[/QUOTE]
max uploaded some but the show was pretty boring except for eliminations which are at capcomunity's stream and then nycfurby to see art killing esports

[quote name='kainzero']i remember when UCLA used to roll through for SF4 and their loudest "hypest" players were also trash at the game. i think they were filming a documentary and they made everyone face palm too... the normal people that were there were embarrassed and didn't even want to appear in the documentary anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with that to a point. Usually the people on the site that get the most "hype" usually are ass at the game or don't even play the game period haha

One of my friends who speaks as honestly and loudly as I do, is a great player, so he's one of the exceptions haha

I hear the load times are pretty bad on vita ultimate marvel. However, all the people I know from work and whatever that have a vita don't have marvel.

whoooo~!!!! guess who I met today?!?!?!

everybody's favorite member of the FGT:

qsr7J.jpg

Relentless Rolento!!

[quote name='heavyd853']I hear the load times are pretty bad on vita ultimate marvel. However, all the people I know from work and whatever that have a vita don't have marvel.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the initial loading screen into the main menu is terrible. From match to match loading is somewhat bearable, but if you are trying to connect to the PSN through wi-fi my answer would be "its slow."

[quote name='j-cart']I can confirm that the initial loading screen into the main menu is terrible. From match to match loading is somewhat bearable, but if you are trying to connect to the PSN through wi-fi my answer would be "its slow."[/QUOTE]

The loading's not nearly enough to kill it for me. It plays smooth as silk and the d-pad is great for fighters. The big issue is the magnitude of rage-quitters. It took me like 7 fights just to get from my 99th ranked win to my 100th. Also, I've had generally great connections despite playing on wifi. Played a set with a dude from Canada last night and it felt just like 360.

The loading's definitely there, but it's not nearly enough to kill it for me.

It plays smooth as silk and the d-pad is great for fighters. The big issue is the magnitude of rage-quitters. It took me like 7 fights just to get from my 99th ranked win to my 100th. Also, I've had generally great connections despite playing on wifi. Played a set with a dude from Canada last night and it felt just like 360.

Was surprised to get a cool $23 credit for MK9 towards SFxT at Gamestop :bouncy:

Anyways, my team is looking like Tekken characters only, which is odd as I never really play that franchise and SSF4 is my game.

Prepare for Kazuya/Xiaouyu :cool:

[quote name='asianxcore']I'll agree with that to a point. Usually the people on the site that get the most "hype" usually are ass at the game or don't even play the game period haha

One of my friends who speaks as honestly and loudly as I do, is a great player, so he's one of the exceptions haha[/QUOTE]
oh, there's plenty of good and loud players.
there are even some communities that are quiet at first...
then one loud guy rolls through and then everyone gets loud.

meh, whatever

will be picking up sfxt soon, gonna play on my brother's account because he was too lazy to call ms to cancel my credit card link to his account and i got auto-billed. jerk.

I think I finally found the most disgusting marvel team

Mag/Dorm/Doom

Some of the dhc and tag stuff is just downright nasty

also 720k THC

SRK and their articles about community healing are making me nauseous.

And Marn's comments were harmless. SRK has let crude commentary fly for years, but now that it's gained publicity they stab their own members in the back. If they were really as mature as they say they are, they wouldn't have let personalities like Aris get on mic for sponsored events in the first place. What kind of foresight is that?

Yeah, now it's time to crack down and be self-righteous about everything.

[quote name='panzerfaust']SRK and their articles about community healing are making me nauseous.

And Marn's comments were harmless. SRK has let crude commentary fly for years, but now that it's gained publicity they stab their own members in the back. If they were really as mature as they say they are, they wouldn't have let personalities like Aris get on mic for sponsored events in the first place. What kind of foresight is that?

Yeah, now it's time to crack down and be self-righteous about everything.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

While I don't agree with levelup's decisions, I can see now they have to grow up because they are getting big and have to be accountable for their actions. MLG has now stepped into the scene and sponsorship money is on the line. Grassroots organizers came onto the scene for the love of fighters, but in order to grow and sustain themselves they will have to start acting more professional to attract more sponsors. In the words of Jago, "It's not about playing anymore, it's about dat paypuh."

I actually have an opinion on this, based off Aris's statement about how the scene has been for the past 15 years.

dood,

in those 15 years, girls have only been a part of it for like 3 of them.

if u want things to be the same like it always been then by all means go there, coz otherwise dood's like Marn are lucky that they've actually had a girl talk to them

bread's done
Back