Fight Night 4 $29.99 Ghostbusters $19.99 Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (PS3/360)

Right next to each game it says also on xbox 360. I am just hoping it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']What the hell?

The only advertised sale is Heroes over Europe for $29.99. It's not updated in our POS, but it's in the flyer. None of the other prices are advertised anywhere.

OP, did this come DIRECTLY from Game Crazy? I haven't seen any barcodes or memos or anything about any of this.

The prices aren't in our POS this way, they would have to be manually marked down.. ugh, this is going to cause a headache.

The prices may update tomorrow. I dunno. I would take a printout of this ad with you to the store.

I've never heard of this deal. At all.

Communication - GameCrazy's absolute #1 strong point![/QUOTE]

It's an e-mail ad, I got it too.

I encourage everyone to print it out and get a pricematch somewhere. The prices have not updated in our POS and I wouldn't have manually marked them down that cheap had I not seen this thread. Man those are some insane deals, especially for Ghostbusters. Full retail price down to bargain bin in four months flat. Nice.

[quote name='super_dawn']Hmm...I might have to try price match with bb however there isn't a GC within 100 miles of me...I don't think they'll do it.[/QUOTE]

Being in Tampa, this is my concern too Dawn. Gonna print it out and try, but needing Ghostbusters for 360, and the ad being somewhat vague/hard to see the "also available on" portion, I'm not too optimistic. Let me know if you find one that will match though.

Just got back from my local GC and Ghostbusters rang up for $39.99. Luckily the employee had a phone with internet and checked his email and found the EXACT same email. Notified his manager who gave him the go ahead to price adjust. Was able to grab one of each (PS3 and 360).

Thanks OP.
:applause:

[quote name='darthmalice777']Being in Tampa, this is my concern too Dawn. Gonna print it out and try, but needing Ghostbusters for 360, and the ad being somewhat vague/hard to see the "also available on" portion, I'm not too optimistic. Let me know if you find one that will match though.[/QUOTE]

yea...I'm probably gonna try BB tomorrow around the Orlando area..I have Halloween Horror Nights to go to tomorrow. :D

doubt it but...maybe HWV will reduce there price for some odd reason too. being sister stores n' all...

Nice deal. I just got FNR4 for the same price a couple weeks ago at BB using the preorder discount. This seems like a better deal since it's no hassle.

yeah so a failure at my local GC... the prices weren't updated yet and it rang up 40$

stopped by sears to try and pricematch and they didnt have any in stock...

what a waste

ill try somewhere else later for some ghostbusters maybe

Definitely confirmed for Ghostbusters- just got back from my local GC. Sticker price still at $59.99, but rang up at $19.99 (X360). Had a $7 trade-in, so I walked out with the game for $13. Definitely the deal I've been waiting for on this game!

Well I went to the gamecrazy I though was staying open, turns out it is closing =(. They didn't have the game of course. So I went down the street to BB and had them pricematch the printed out ad and no problem.

Just picked a new copy of Ghostbusters for PS3 - $19.99. I brought the ad with me just in case because it still rang up for $39.99, so they had to call corporate.

I'm debating whether it's worth picking up RE5. I'm really starting to get fucking tired of developers RE-RELEASING games as a complete overhaul of the original by adding a few extras and marketing it as a whole new game.

[quote name='dragonjud']Don't bother calling. If you have a store nearby go and check it out. A lot of Gamecrazy employees are lazy, and will not honestly check it for you.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Never call any minimum wage employee at a store asking for price checks, really do you think they care what price they really quote you over the phone. I guarantee if you call any store and ask how much any game is they give you $59.99 or $49.99 used, etc.

Unless you personally know the person, don't waste your time calling, even if you're checking stock. Even worse. Do you really think they will physically check the stock in the back/shelve? No they might, check the computer system and they're usually not correct either!

Still rang up at normal price by me. Guy said that he didnt get the email from corp. that it was reduced. Couple other people asked also. Said to check tomorrow.

I did get Dead Space sealed for $19.99

Just got back from a non-closing Game Crazy in Tempe, what an ordeal. I'm glad I thought ahead and printed the ad. Game rang up at normal price, no email from corporate, nothing in the system, and they practically scanned the printout over with a microscope to make sure it wasn't fake.

Walked out of there with Ghostbusters for $19.99 though, so it pays to be persistent.... or a pain in the ass, not quite sure yet.

[quote name='OddLogik']I've never been to a gamecrazy before, is there really no shipping?![/QUOTE]

Yes...all sales are done IN-STORE...no online orders!!!

I was able to PM FNR4 at Wal-Mart with just a picture of the ad from the first page on my iPhone. They took one look at my phone and said "Ok. That's pretty neat." I PMed inFamous at this Wal-Mart, too when it came out with the Meier ad.

i called the customer service for GC and they said that all stores got the email and called the store i was at and told them they had to drop the price. also got a 10gc out of the deal , but was on hold for damn near an hour waiting. so re5 and gb here i come

I'm going to try to PM the 360 Ghostbusters ad at the local Wal-Mart since there's no Game Crazies anywhere near me. Hopefully it'll work, but if it doesn't I'll head to Best Buy.

Walmart and the only BB with Ghostbusters refused to PM. Stopped by the BB by my house and they had 1 copy. Customer service offered it to me for 25 bucks because he said he couldn't go 50 percent off...

Sounds like Bull shit to me but oh well I bit.....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Walmart and the only BB with Ghostbusters refused to PM. Stopped by the BB by my house and they had 1 copy. Customer service offered it to me for 25 bucks because he said he couldn't go 50 percent off...

Sounds like Bull shit to me but oh well I bit.....[/QUOTE]

Actually, several stores have restrictions on their ability to price match. The computers limit them at 50% or a certain dollar value off. A manager can override this usually, however.

Picked up 2 Ghostbusters copies for PS3 and 1 copy of Fight Night Round 4 for PS3 at the only Game Crazy in my city that isn't closing down. I suggest brining a print out of the email because the sale prices aren't in the system yet. Had to show them the email to get the employee to adjust the prices.

[quote name='djhmetfan2']Anybody with the original e-mail can u forward me a copy to [email protected]

Thanks[/QUOTE]

The link in the OP has the offer. I had the same experience as most people here... GC didn't know about this and system shows game at $40 still... luckily I printed the ad out and the employee had to do a manual price adjust after calling her DM.

I just picked up Ghostbusters for 19.99. The clerk couldn't believe the price. He did say that he just got his emails from corp and hadn't looked at them yet. All the prices were being changed when I left.

omega

I just picked up Ghostbusters for 19.99. The clerk couldn't believe the price. He did say that he just got his emails from corp and hadn't looked at them yet. All the prices were being changed when I left.

omega

does anyone have prices on the used copies? I know getting them to honor the price is hard enough i'm just curious.

[quote name='dapunisure']does anyone have prices on the used copies? I know getting them to honor the price is hard enough i'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

On these temporary sales, the used price is usually higher.
The prices should have been updated today across most stores. I just checked myself and both the ps3 and x360 versions are indeed $19.99 at the local store.

I had the guy at my local store check the prices in the computer for both Ghostbusters & FN4 (360) and they came up correctly.

But don't go buy Ghostbusters to flip to GS like I did. GS dropped the tiv to $10.

No problem last night, the system wasn't updated yet but I was able to show them the ad on my iPhone. Picked up both Fight Night and Ghostbusters.

Nice price on GB but the nearest GC isn't so near and I don't even know if they're closing or not. It would probably just be added to my backlog so I'll just wait for it to clearance at Target or get cheaper at GS.

Thanks OP.

*edit* I just looked at the store locator on their website and the nearest GC is no longer on there. I guess they're closing and I don't feel like driving 15 miles each way to go to the next nearest.

wow great price on Ghostbusters. I hope the GC near me isn't closing down. I'll check later today and hopefully come back with a copy.

btw Ghostbusters TIV at Amazon is $22.50. Not much of a gain after taxes but my friend is lookin for fillers for that extra $30 off a console deal. I think he's gonna jump on that.

[quote name='dragonjud']On these temporary sales, the used price is usually higher.
The prices should have been updated today across most stores. I just checked myself and both the ps3 and x360 versions are indeed $19.99 at the local store.[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the info. Anyone know if GB is worth it? I mean $20 seems fine for a game with decent reviews at best. I saw the movies when i was younger, liked them didnt necessarily love them(although the cartoon i can remember was one of my favorites as a child). Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name='dapunisure']Thanx for the info. Anyone know if GB is worth it? I mean $20 seems fine for a game with decent reviews at best. I saw the movies when i was younger, liked them didnt necessarily love them(although the cartoon i can remember was one of my favorites as a child). Any insight would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

At $20 GS is a steal. Most of the criticism lies within the fact that it is a tad bit on the short side, however if you purchase it for the PS3 or Xbox 360, online multiplayer will keep you playing/replay value.

The only GC near me was closing down but I was able to price match Ghostbusters at Best Buy. Thanks for posting this deal!

[quote name='dapunisure']Thanx for the info. Anyone know if GB is worth it? I mean $20 seems fine for a game with decent reviews at best. I saw the movies when i was younger, liked them didnt necessarily love them(although the cartoon i can remember was one of my favorites as a child). Any insight would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I always have loved the GB movies, I don't remember the cartoon all that well. I know just from the movies there is alot of references from the movies. The controls you get use to and are not difficult to learn, making it easy to get right into the game. I just got the game yesterday and have only played around an hour and a half, but I am enjoying it and feel it is worth the money. My only problem was I kept waiting around for somewhere to save, I didn't realize that it saves after each checkpoint. lol

The GameCrazy in Racine, WI is not closing. The price still showed $59.99, but it rang up $19.99. The clerk was quite shocked at the price drop. He said it's $17.99 used, but they didn't have any used copies.

Picked up Ghostbusters and Resident Evil 5 on the way to see my grandma in Perris, CA today. Went out yesterday but found out all the gamecrazys in Orange County will be closing, so finding this store was a nice suprise.

bread's done
Back