Fight Night 4 $29.99 Ghostbusters $19.99 Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (PS3/360)

[quote name='Survivalism']That's pretty cool. The last time I went into Gamecrazy, the guy greeted me at the door with a copy of World at War and laughed in my face when I told him I didn't play Call of Duty. Then he explained every aspect of Nazi Zombies and Halo ODST, complained about his job, and then "let me in on" the secret concept of pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

haha, nice. This is how Gamestop should be. Sad to see GC is closing some of their stores.

The clerk was attentive, nice, and even offered to buy my trade in since they didnt accept it but he already had a copy. Even game me alternatives to another B&M store to attempt a trade. Turn down the extended warranty and he quickly moved on. Not pushy, respectful, and courteous. I hope GS is listening.

I got used RE 5(PS 3)and Ghostbusters(PS3) both $15.99 each. MVP members get 20% off used game discount on Saturday and Sunday.Hooray~

I'll trade u my my RE5 PS3 for ur Batman PS3?

[quote name='osugsxr']thinking about trading in batman, and picking re5[/QUOTE]

I got shot down when I tried b2g1, they insisted that it wasn't a current promo & wouldn't try scanning 3 games. So I just picked up RE5 for 19.99 used. Do you need a coupon for the b2g1 and if so where do you get one? Like a true CAG I would go back. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='happozai']I got used RE 5(PS 3)and Ghostbusters(PS3) both $15.99 each. MVP members get 20% off used game discount on Saturday and Sunday.Hooray~[/QUOTE]

Dang! The one weekend I skip going to GC, and they have this sale :bomb: I went to pick up games at TRU for their B2G1 free and decided to head home straight to play... should have dropped by GC to put my MVP to more use...

[quote name='3extremes']I got shot down when I tried b2g1, they insisted that it wasn't a current promo & wouldn't try scanning 3 games. So I just picked up RE5 for 19.99 used. Do you need a coupon for the b2g1 and if so where do you get one? Like a true CAG I would go back. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

B2G1 isn't a current promotion. The only coupon floating around is one that was in the Madden 09 coupon books handed out at launch. I don't condone coupon fraud and I won't scan it.

Thanks OP. I was able to get Best Buy to pricematch the 19.99 for Ghostbusters on PS3 and on top of that, I was able to score a copy of the Best Buy exclusive version with the mayor costume.

yeah price-matching at Best Buy seems to work.. just tell them they are a local competitor and this is a in-store deal only.

[quote name='Scorch']B2G1 isn't a current promotion. The only coupon floating around is one that was in the Madden 09 coupon books handed out at launch. I don't condone coupon fraud and I won't scan it.[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't a current promotion, then the guy hooked me up. He did scan some kind of coupon he had sitting around. He offered the deal, I didn't ask.

B2G1 used, + lower prices. I can post my receipt if you don't believe me.

[quote name='happozai']MVP members get 20% off used game discount on Saturday and Sunday.Hooray~[/QUOTE]

Is this 100% true? Was it only this past Sat and Sunday? I just read my email and it was only 10/8-10/11.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn today is the last day. i guess im going back to pick up Ghostbusters and RE5 for $15 each for X360. i was going to get them tomorrow.

[quote name='jmillion']damn today is the last day. i guess im going back to pick up Ghostbusters and RE5 for $15 each for X360. i was going to get them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

RE5 for $15?? I thought it was priced at $19.99 after 5 off?

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']RE5 for $15?? I thought it was priced at $19.99 after 5 off?[/QUOTE]
i checked the prices in there earlier and it was $20 new/used. i was like oh snap. told my friends to put it on the side for me til tomorrow but seeing this ends tonight im about to go back before they close @ 10pm

Resident Evil 5 was 25 new, 20 used, 18 for MVP.

If it wasn't a current promotion, then the guy hooked me up. He did scan some kind of coupon he had sitting around. He offered the deal, I didn't ask.

B2G1 used, + lower prices. I can post my receipt if you don't believe me.

I just told you that there was a coupon from the Madden book that was for the B2G1. This is obviously what he scanned. Good on the guy for doing it - I hook up customers with great deals when I can as well.

It was 20 used like Scorch said.. 18 with MVP.

I never saw the coupon he used, so it must of been the Madden one. He had them sitting by the checkout.

Guy looked uber-tired after working a different job all day and getting called in the GC. I'm really surprised that the location I went too wasn't closed with the rest.

No you didn't. The MVP is on the member account that you signed up with. Go into another store and set up the account with the same phone number and it'll be back on there.

yea my mistake it was $25 new and $20 used for RE5. i just took the used one and got $5 off making it $15. picked up ghostbusters for $15 too

game crazy - glad they're slowly bleeding to death. I won't support them or their horrible parent which is Movie Gallery, one of the most retardedly-run companies of all-time.

Are these games former rentals in the ugly ass GC rental artwork boxes? It costs them extra money to make those and they look horrible. Makes sense given the company.

MG had a chance to work with Netflix and they blew it due to...well, not exactly sure. All around ineptness, basically. May the slow bleed continue.

[quote name='pwnthee']game crazy - glad they're slowly bleeding to death. I won't support them or their horrible parent which is Movie Gallery, one of the most retardedly-run companies of all-time.

Are these games former rentals in the ugly ass GC rental artwork boxes? It costs them extra money to make those and they look horrible. Makes sense given the company.

MG had a chance to work with Netflix and they blew it due to...well, not exactly sure. All around ineptness, basically. May the slow bleed continue.[/QUOTE]

Are you retarded? What an insensitive thing to say to the thousands of people that have or will be losing their jobs.

This is expired right, I know the ad said 10/12, but with the ongoing discussion it makes me feel like it's still going...

It was still running today, actually. I dunno if it'll be active tomorrow. It was supposed to end the 12th, it just.. didn't.

[quote name='Scorch']It was still running today, actually. I dunno if it'll be active tomorrow. It was supposed to end the 12th, it just.. didn't.[/QUOTE]

maybe it lasted a day longer because it started a day late (at my GC anyway)...?

Has not quite expired.....
RE5 was still $24.99 new and $19.99 used ($17.99 MVP). Ghostbusters was $17.99 used ($16.10 MVP). These are 360. I did not specifically check PS3. I picked up 2 RE5s and a Ghostbusters used after work today. So the RE5 deal is still active, but Ghostbusters is up a bit (or maybe new is $19.99?). I did not check FNR4. The CSR said they had a bunch of RE5s. I thought maybe it would stay reduced like the Star Wars Force Unleashed did.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Has not quite expired.....
RE5 was still $24.99 new and $19.99 used ($17.99 MVP). Ghostbusters was $17.99 used ($16.10 MVP). These are 360. I did not specifically check PS3. I picked up 2 RE5s and a Ghostbusters used after work today. So the RE5 deal is still active, but Ghostbusters is up a bit (or maybe new is $19.99?). I did not check FNR4. The CSR said they had a bunch of RE5s. I thought maybe it would stay reduced like the Star Wars Force Unleashed did.[/QUOTE]

I confirm the GB and RE5 for ps3 at these prices today.

So maybe the only deal that ended was the $5 off these titles when you find them new at Hollywood Video with Game Zones (ended 10/12).

Staying open. I don't think the closing stores even have these titles. Even the HWV stores I checked (non-GC) did not have them since they converted to discount stores (all new games < $19.99).

EDIT: The closing stores I visited did not have these titles. Not conclusive, but my experience (two closing GCs)

I really hope I still can find RE5 by Friday at that price originally had it for 360 and sold it but for the $20 price I would really like to rebuy it now on the ps3, so I'll be hoping I can still find it by Friday at the only Gamecrazy I know of around 11 miles from me.

I called one of the few remaining GCs by me, and according to the employee he said that this deal/sale should last until Monday since that is the day they actually update their computer systems. This is all supposedly true information. He told me that they had a few copies left of each game and that he would put a guarantee for me (whatever that is) that the games would still be at the prices indicated in this thread. I'm glad I saw this thread come up, because I guess I missed it the first 4-5 days around because of the TRU and other sales popping up to the front. I wish CAG had some sort of voting feature to pull more important/greater deals to a front position above those random YMMV/weak deals that come up. Anyway, thanks to the OP and all who helped out and gave info in this thread. I'm getting me a copy of Ghostbusters/RE5 for 360 tomorrow. So glad I didn't purchase RE5 as part of the TRU deal.

lol @ "that's when they actually update their computer systems". They're updated nightly (though the company is often so inefficient that them updating once a week is completely plausible). It's entirely possible that they'll go back up in price tomorrow. They were supposed to on Tuesday. They've apparently extended the sale for a few more days, the same way they extended the sale with the 6 for $20 original XBox games.

[quote name='Scorch']lol @ "that's when they actually update their computer systems". They're updated nightly (though the company is often so inefficient that them updating once a week is completely plausible). It's entirely possible that they'll go back up in price tomorrow. They were supposed to on Tuesday. They've apparently extended the sale for a few more days, the same way they extended the sale with the 6 for $20 original XBox games.[/QUOTE]

Eh.. just reporting what was told to me. I've never worked at GC, so I have no knowledge of their systems or operation. I just thought it sounded plausible as the employee had some conviction in his voice and seemed so sure of himself. Whatever the case, I couldn't make it out to my GC for the deal since they had closed, but am glad the deal is still on going.

bread's done
Back