Fight Night 4 $29.99 Ghostbusters $19.99 Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (PS3/360)

Good to see that it's finally in the system. Picked up my third copy today without any hassles. Finally emptied out my store credit for the time being from Game Crazy until their restructuring settles down. Best part was that all my store credit came from flipping:

7 Ski-Doos
5 Dark Spires
5 Di-Gata Defenders
1 Space Chimps

:D

Picked up Ghostbusters used for xbox 360 for $17.99 and Fight Night Round 4 used for $24.99. I was checking out with the new copies and the chick said that they have them used and had her check the prices since the tags said $44.99 for both I think.

How is the conditon of the used games? Everytime I looked at buying used copies at GameCrazy the manual & disk were always in horrible shape. I never go to GC anymore...sick of all the crap they try to sell to you. But GB for only 20 is a awesome deal...thanks OP!!

Got both FNR4 and GB. Clerk told me they were $59.99 each and only liquidated stores were selling them at that price. I asked that he ring them up and when he did he shut the hell up and gave me my games.

Picked up Eternal Sonata for 22.49 and RE5 for 19.99 used, and got Ghostbusters for free w the buy 2/get 1 used deal.

42.49 for 3 games! Got Sonata for the wife, she wanted Vesperia, but they didn't have it. I ain't complaining.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Picked up Eternal Sonata for 22.49 and RE5 for 19.99 used, and got Ghostbusters for free w the buy 2/get 1 used deal.

42.49 for 3 games! Got Sonata for the wife, she wanted Vesperia, but they didn't have it. I ain't complaining.[/QUOTE]

wha-wha-what??? what b2g1 free? im kinda glad i havent gone to pick these games up yet?

[quote name='dapunisure']wha-wha-what??? what b2g1 free? im kinda glad i havent gone to pick these games up yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know either, but the guy at the counter at first didn't believe me when I said check the price on Ghostbusters, which was all I went in for. He said it's priced as marked.. I said check it.. he did.. and was like "whoa damn".. I told him about the other games, and mentioned I was on the fence about RE5 for $24.99.. and he said why not buy them both used for cheaper and get another free game.

Can't say no to that. It was a nice score. He did scan some kind of coupon he had sitting around.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Gamestop had that price back in July.[/QUOTE]

$19.99 new, $54.99 used. Can't beat that.

yea so.... after one game crazy without the updated price... one closing down w/ no GB in stock... one walmart that wouldnt price match... and finally scoring at bestbuy.... i got ghostbusters! nice

..... but why does it feel like not such a deal anymore?? at least i stopped by them while passing through anyway

GB is sweet so far but i think its kind of ridiculous that i had to go to another store in order to get GameCrazy's advertised price after stopping by 2 of theirs

[quote name='The SPism']yea so.... after one game crazy without the updated price... one closing down w/ no GB in stock... one walmart that wouldnt price match... and finally scoring at bestbuy.... i got ghostbusters! nice

..... but why does it feel like not such a deal anymore?? at least i stopped by them while passing through anyway

GB is sweet so far but i think its kind of ridiculous that i had to go to another store in order to get GameCrazy's advertised price after stopping by 2 of theirs[/QUOTE]

So, Best Buy price matched GameCrazy? Maybe I should check to see if mine will. Kind of want Ghostbusters, but I don't recall my GameCrazy having it in stock.

[quote name='SSJMies']So, Best Buy price matched GameCrazy? Maybe I should check to see if mine will. Kind of want Ghostbusters, but I don't recall my GameCrazy having it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeh they did for me.. just bring in the printed email and they should

but your experience may vary as the manager will have to approve it.. but from their policy they should pricematch

[quote name='The SPism']Yeh they did for me.. just bring in the printed email and they should

but your experience may vary as the manager will have to approve it.. but from their policy they should pricematch[/QUOTE]

I am not enrolled in their e-mail, can I just use the link on the OP and print that out?

In my gamecrazy store, Resident Evil is $19.99 new and 17.99 used,plus the additional 20% off if a MVP member, same price goes with ghostbusters as well.

[quote name='Galego23']I am not enrolled in their e-mail, can I just use the link on the OP and print that out?[/QUOTE]

yeh that's exactly what i did - i dont get their emails either

and btw thanks to the op

[quote name='The SPism']yeh that's exactly what i did - i dont get their emails either

and btw thanks to the op[/QUOTE]

I see your in NJ too, which BB did you go to? I'm only 20-30 mins from both GC in North Jersey but I'd rather not deal with all that traffic if I could just go to a closer BB.

I printed out the OP and pricematched at the local Best Buy.

All the nearby GameCrazys are closing down, even though they aren't listed in the Joystik article.

[quote name='SSJMies']So, Best Buy price matched GameCrazy? Maybe I should check to see if mine will. Kind of want Ghostbusters, but I don't recall my GameCrazy having it in stock.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy price matched Ghostbusters. It was a bit of a hassle, first they questioned that it showed the PS3 version, so I had to show them that it also said for the 360. Then they told me they don't match websites so I had to explain to them that this is in store and I just got the ad in an email. Then they asked what Game Crazy was, so I had to explain they are the game store inside Hollywood video. They finally relented, but only after telling me they were doing me a favor because they don't normally match websites. I should have just gone to GameCrazy but I wanted to use a reward zone certificate that is going to expire.

Just picked up RE5 used and thanx to some convincing from fellow CAG's I also jumped on GB new for $19.99. Juts got out of school so will try them out later on. Thanx again to those(Z(+)DIAC & ImLuhkee) who gave me some insight on GB.

[quote name='msdmoney']My Best Buy price matched Ghostbusters. It was a bit of a hassle, first they questioned that it showed the PS3 version, so I had to show them that it also said for the 360. Then they told me they don't match websites so I had to explain to them that this is in store and I just got the ad in an email. Then they asked what Game Crazy was, so I had to explain they are the game store inside Hollywood video. They finally relented, but only after telling me they were doing me a favor because they don't normally match websites. I should have just gone to GameCrazy but I wanted to use a reward zone certificate that is going to expire.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's price match policy is annoyingly hit-or-miss depending on the manager. Considering it's a store policy, I am amazed how much bullshit is still thrown around the nitty gritty details and how often managers adhere to it.

Small story, back when they still had the Gamer's Gift Card (a rechargeable gift card that came with a $5 off coupon they had for a few years) I got scolded by a clerk for using it "against the way it was supposed to be used."

Manassas, VA store is closing too although I thought it was being spared as I didn't see it on the Joystic list of closed stores. Since it doesn't open til noon, I went to the BB right next to it and they price matched with the least amount of hassle I've ever had...and the freakin GC has big black and yellow "Store Closing" signs in all the windows!

Now that I've gotten Ghostbusters for $20, Target will put it on clearance next week and it will eventually hit $12.

[quote name='180husher']Manassas, VA store is closing too although I thought it was being spared as I didn't see it on the Joystic list of closed stores. Since it doesn't open til noon, I went to the BB right next to it and they price matched with the least amount of hassle I've ever had...and the freakin GC has big black and yellow "Store Closing" signs in all the windows!

Now that I've gotten Ghostbusters for $20, Target will put it on clearance next week and it will eventually hit $12.[/QUOTE]

yeh i felt the same way about holding out for a possible target clearance or somethng... but i figured for ghostbusters it was worth sparing the extra few bucks and not having to hunt down or wait for a slightly better price

and also target clearances either way take time to drop so if it ever did go up on clearance.. even next week... it would prob take another month or two after that for it to get that low so your safe haha .. well at least i hope we're safe

[quote name='180husher']Manassas, VA store is closing too although I thought it was being spared as I didn't see it on the Joystic list of closed stores. Since it doesn't open til noon, I went to the BB right next to it and they price matched with the least amount of hassle I've ever had...and the freakin GC has big black and yellow "Store Closing" signs in all the windows!

Now that I've gotten Ghostbusters for $20, Target will put it on clearance next week and it will eventually hit $12.[/QUOTE]

Damn, so that's at least two GC's down in the area. Going to stop by the one by my gf's place in Alexandria this weekend to see what's up.

Great deal on FNR4, the only problem is that they may have already shipped out that game (trying to pull the ol' car dealership trick to draw you in) or the very likely possibility that everyone already bought it. Obviously most GC's won't be restocking with more FNR4 copies...

Tried getting Ghostbusters but they had sent all of the Ghostbusters games back as the store was closing. Interesting to note that the store I was at that was closing was actually getting more cheap games in that day to clear out. Tried price matching at Best Buy and then Walmart, but both wouldn't allow it. Next went to Sears, and they gladly price matched the game with their extra discount as well. Walked out with GB for $15.99 +tax at the end of it all.

Picked up Ghostbusters. The guy didn't think they had the deal, but it came up in the computer. Also had the used copy for, I think, $16.

Well, I printed the ad out and headed to the local BB to PM. The checker was really helpful, but the person required to override the price was not. She was trying to give me every excuse to not PM, but after about 10 min of waiting I walked out with my $20 copy

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Great deal on FNR4, the only problem is that they may have already shipped out that game (trying to pull the ol' car dealership trick to draw you in) or the very likely possibility that everyone already bought it. Obviously most GC's won't be restocking with more FNR4 copies...[/QUOTE]

Any non closing stores are probably going to have fightnights. Gamecrazy is way overstocked with them.

Have never posted on here before, but have used CheapAssGamer for quite a few good deals so thought I would payback to the community! Not even wanting to look for a GameCrazy that may or may not be still open or have these games in stock ... just printed the ad the OP provided. Went to closest BB ... grabbed both GB and RE5 ... went straight to cashier ... showed them the ad ... they called over some guy with a headset ... he proceeded to take both games and the ad to his office ... closed the door ... waited at cashier station approx. (15) minutes ... came out with another woman ... she handed cashier the games ... indicated both GB and RE5 for ... get this ... $ 19.99 !!! She then mentioned ... "I didn't know GameCrazy was going out of business". Hope this helps others get a good deal !!!

Are these prices only through the 12th as the fine print implies? I only get near GC on Wednesdays (on my way to Grad class) - but would really like to get in on this.

[quote name='melokeith']Are these prices only through the 12th as the fine print implies? I only get near GC on Wednesdays (on my way to Grad class) - but would really like to get in on this.[/QUOTE]

That's what was advertised, although in the GCs I visited in my area, all had the shelf sticker price for those games (GB, RE5 etc.) marked down appropriately, so I'm not sure if after the 12th, they will be marked up again back to their original prices. Better be safe than sorry though, so pick them up now if you can...

My local HWV has all these games at these prices and they qualify for the $5 off sale. Ghostbusters = 14.99 + tax. Plus I got $7 trade in for God of War II ps2.

[quote name='Toss']My local HWV has all these games at these prices and they qualify for the $5 off sale. Ghostbusters = 14.99 + tax. Plus I got $7 trade in for God of War II ps2.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, HWV got rid of most of their newer games and are only selling "budget" titles ($19.99 and under). I think you're lucky that your HWV still had these in stock. HWV having these titles is YMMV.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at a couple of nearby HWV for GB since there are no GCs near me. The nearest one (15 miles away) is closing.

Just got back from Gamecrazy. I picked up a copy of Ghostbusters (PS3) for 19.99 and RE5 (PS3) for 24.99. I was really amazed at the professionalism compared to Gamestop, I dont really buy games from GC. The clerk himself wasnt even aware of the price drop for RE5 and I told him to go checkout cag.com. He thanked me.

THanks to the OP for a nice deal. Much appreciated.

EDIT: I went to the GC on FREEPORT BlVD, in Sacramento, CA.

[quote name='AceBB6']Just got back from Gamecrazy. I picked up a copy of Ghostbusters (PS3) for 19.99 and RE5 (PS3) for 24.99. I was really amazed at the professionalism compared to Gamestop, I dont really buy games from GC. The clerk himself wasnt even aware of the price drop for RE5 and I told him to go checkout cag.com. He thanked me.

THanks to the OP for a nice deal. Much appreciated.

EDIT: I went to the GC on FREEPORT BlVD, in Sacramento, CA.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool. The last time I went into Gamecrazy, the guy greeted me at the door with a copy of World at War and laughed in my face when I told him I didn't play Call of Duty. Then he explained every aspect of Nazi Zombies and Halo ODST, complained about his job, and then "let me in on" the secret concept of pre-ordering.

bread's done
Back