Fighter Thread XLIII - The One with the Rape Sim JRPG Built In

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']SF2THD Remix is out right now on XBLA if you've already DL'd Commando 3.

Grab it now before they take it down...[/quote]

Damn. I'm at work right now.

Rise from your grave

Just got back from vacation, so will be posting up again. Any exciting news from the last thread that I missed? I read through all of this one.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea looks like they pulled it down quickly...[/quote]

I guess so. I had to wait till ten to try and download it. My daughter would have been pissed if I turned off Sesame St. She don't care about no Street Fighter beta shyt when it comes to Elmo.

[quote name='MarkMan']SF2THD Remix is out right now on XBLA if you've already DL'd Commando 3.

Grab it now before they take it down...[/QUOTE]

Damn wish I woke up earlier today.

[quote name='Dandeschain']I guess so. I had to wait till ten to try and download it. My daughter would have been pissed if I turned off Sesame St. She don't care about no Street Fighter beta shyt when it comes to Elmo.[/QUOTE]

elmo stuffs everything, including chun b.hp and sagat c.hp

[quote name='jimfoley16']So I moved back up to school and guess what I forgot? My TV :(

Guess I'll be playing lots of MAME and Emu's.
[/quote] Go get GGPO!

BLAZBLUE LOCATION TEST TOUR ANNOUNCED!
Be the first to play Arc System Works first high-definition fighter!

Torrance, CA (June 20, 2008) – On behalf of Arc System Works, Aksys Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment products, is pleased to announce the very first Location Test Tour for BLAZBLUE (Arcade version) in America! To commemorate the tour, Aksys Games will be working with the biggest anime convention in America, to host our very first location test. The location test will last for all four days of Anime Expo®, at the console gaming room.

“ This is a very big year for fighting games, so we're very excited to be working with Arc System Works in bringing you this very rare opportunity to let U.S. gamers try out BLAZBLUE at Anime Expo®, “ said Akibo Shieh, president of Aksys Games. “If you're a fighting game fan, you owe it to yourself to come check out one of the most beautiful 2D games ever made. “

“Anime Expo® is proud and honored to have Arc System Works premier and test their latest fighting game, BLAZBLUE, in our console gaming room. In the tradition of Arc System Works’ GUILTY GEAR series, BLAZBLUE will stun with it’s amazing character designs and non stop action. Our attendees are in for a special treat!” states Anime Expo® 2008 Interactive Division Director Joe Woo.

BLAZBLUE LOCATION TEST TOUR INFO
1st Location Test

WHAT: BLAZBLUE Location Test

WHEN: July 3 – July 6
10 AM – 5 PM

WHERE: Anime Expo® 2008
Los Angeles Convention Center
Console Gaming Room

Attendees, Press and Industry Members are also encouraged to view the video coverage site of the 2007 convention at www.AXBackstage.org.

This year’s Red & Black Sponsors are FUNimation and ImaginAsian Television. Platinum Sponsor is Imagi Studios. Gold Sponsor is Digital Manga Publishing. Silver Sponsor is Gaia Online. Patron Sponsors are Central Park Media and COPIC Markers.

About Anime Expo®
Located in Los Angeles, California - Anime Expo®, the nation’s largest anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the industry to conduct business. AX 2008 will be held July 3 – July 6, 2008 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Southern California. More information can be found at its website (www.anime-expo.org).

About Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property – Anime Expo®. More information can be found at its website (www.spja.org).

About BLAZBLUE
BLAZBLUE, developed by Arc System Works, combines the high tension elements of past Arc System Works fighters with highly detailed 2D/3D high-definition gaming graphics. Powered by the Taito Type-X2 Arcade board, be the first to play BLAZBLUE before it hits the Japanese arcade markets this Fall 2008!
See some of you there?

I would if I could >_<

sounds like I'll be in puerto rico during christmas this year. any news if a Tekken 6 cabinet is down there since namco owns all the Puerto Rico arcades? I love those arcades to be honest... then again I love namco.

also, I'm planning to be up in new york in november for a chiptune festival. I've slowly become a huge chiptune freak and I wanted an excuse to get out of state and it seems like I'd love it... http://www.blipfestival.org/

also, :lol: @ you MM... >_< you uploaded all these T6 Dragunov vids I am forced to enjoy now >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']everything's in cali... I hate that... oh well...
[/QUOTE]

Correction...everything is in SoCal.

I always feel like NorCal always gets jipped. Damn you all.

[quote name='asianxcore']Correction...everything is in SoCal.

I always feel like NorCal always gets jipped. Damn you all.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how MidCali feels... >_

[quote name='Mr. Beef']NorCal, NorCal, NorCal!

Dammit, and I already decided to use my vacation time from work to go to Evo instead of Anime Expo, too. Oh well. If MarkMan's going to Evo, would I have to lose to him in some Tekken before I get to meet him?[/quote]

haha, you don't need to play me to meet me.

I'm still not 100% for EVO.

But you're in luck if you want to try Blaz Blue and some other fighting games (HINT HINT) since you'll be at EVO.

:)

THAT IS WHY ALL FIGHTING GAME ENTHUSIASTS SHOULD GO TO EVO.

[quote name='MarkMan']Don't think PR has T6 yet :(

But I do know that NY will have Yoshitaka Amano and Hideyuki Kikuchi...

http://www.newyorkanimefestival.com/

WTF is an NY Anime Festival?[/quote]

I have no idea. But I'm interested in going solely becuase Hideyuki Kikuchi will be there. I love the Vampire Hunter D novels...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I have no idea. But I'm interested in going solely becuase Hideyuki Kikuchi will be there. I love the Vampire Hunter D novels...[/quote]

Seriously! I love Vampire Hunter D, I've read the first 4 novels... going to try to go through them all. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see D in Tatsunoko vs Capcom...

[quote name='MarkMan']Seriously! I love Vampire Hunter D, I've read the first 4 novels... going to try to go through them all. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see D in Tatsunoko vs Capcom...[/quote]
I've read whatever novels are out and the 1st volume of the manga. Now back on topic, What if they could only get his left hand in?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I've read whatever novels are out and the 1st volume of the manga. Now back on topic, What if they could only get his left hand in?[/quote]

The manga is gonna take forever to come out...

I think it's cool that they're coming out in the US before Japan though... that's gotta be a first lol..

[quote name='MarkMan']The manga is gonna take forever to come out...

I think it's cool that they're coming out in the US before Japan though... that's gotta be a first lol..[/quote]
I just hope that the 2nd vol of the manga doesn't jump around as much... If it wasn't for the fact I was familiar with the anime/novel I would have been confused.

I saw a sign at the arcade hella months ago that they were doing KOF XII testing also...

I think it's already passed tho... I havent been to the arcade in a long time :cry:

I couldnt play ggpo last nite... I think my family was downloading coz I was lagging like a mothersucker.

come to california! we can all have a breakdancing session!

[quote name='akilshohen']Was Raizo in Project Justice? I don't remember him. That's gotta be the only article that makes Shang Tsung look cool[/QUOTE]

nope. I can't remember if he died or just retired to be with batsu's mom... :lol: I always forget Raizo is batsu's dad... so weird.

Interesting, reading opinions of people who (seemingly) don't play many or even any fighting games about the genre is fascinating.

It is hurting my brain though because its just a super polarized argument between the "I dont want to have to memorize stuff" crowd and the "Nothing should ever be random" dudes. Of course, I exaggerate but you understand what I mean!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you have good input MM... I'd post on neogaf, but as soon as it denies my e-mail I'm too lazy to make an account or figure out what e-mail to use.[/quote]
as a game design major in College, I'm just reading and starting up a wordpad file and jotting down my own ideas as I go.

[quote name='heavyd853']Interesting, reading opinions of people who (seemingly) don't play many or even any fighting games about the genre is fascinating.

It is hurting my brain though because its just a super polarized argument between the "I dont want to have to memorize stuff" crowd and the "Nothing should ever be random" dudes. Of course, I exaggerate but you understand what I mean![/QUOTE]

sadly and scarily that's 90% of what I hear people say. I talk to friends of mine who don't play fighters and ask why they tend to not enjoy them. 90% of the answers I get fall in the "you ahve to memorize so much...", while I can agree with later games such as Tekken and Virtua Fighter (note: i agree sightly only since it's more about learning game mechanics then it is actually learning moves) they have no excuse for games like street fighter and such.

Probably the simplicity of MvC2 moves made it very popular to a wide audience. I mean how can anyone forget QCF+1+2? too easy.

in the end it's almost like how outside media is oblivious to gaming, except it's gamers oblivious to fighters >_<

that's scary.

I'll download GGPO later tonight. Right now I'm sitting in class on my laptop (supposed to be taking notes haha). I only have my keyboard up here, but I'll still play with whoever. I'm alrite at X-Men vs. Street Fighter with the keyboard.

Anyway if anyone wants to play tonight just let me know, although I'll be a severely gimped version of myself because of the controller issue.

Also, last night played a slew of classics with my boy Tyrone...

Marvel v Capcom 2
Die Hard Arcade (the PS2 re-release)
King of the Dragons
Varth
Neo Contra
Skydiving Extreme (underrated!)

[quote name='MarkMan']Combination good thread / lol thread...

Improve a genre - Fighting games - NeoGAF Forums

have fun. + special appearances from CAG Fighting Thread regulars! (JEKKI, Apossum, myself)...[/quote]
Although personally I would like to see games with a lot less mechanics (*cough* Guilty Gear), the problem comes down to two things: competition and finding information to get better.

A gamer needs motivation to play a game. In a game designed to be played head-to-head between two people, the motivation is to the beat the other person.
The death of the arcade makes it hard for someone to play live people, and playing online the lag makes a huge difference. It's gotten to the point where people view the CPU as the toughest opponent. I quit playing a lot of fighting games because of this.

How does somebody improve at a skill in life? First, they need a motivator. Next, they need to see a path to improve their skill. And lastly, they practice.

The motivator comes from competition: you lose.
The path to improve is not so clear. Some people I've talked to are averse to SC, Tekken because they don't want to learn the command list, or they think they're good because they know the command list. VF4's training mode was perfect; if there are elements in your game that you are missing, chances are that it's in there. The only problem was that it was dry and not intuitive, throwing in a bunch of vocabulary and just doing straight up drills. For the most part, however, there isn't a great deal of in-game help.
Outside of the game is no better. Gamepro / EGM used to have guides in the magazines that were decent; now they're poorly written and can make players worse. The big online game sites like Gamespot and IGN are no better. And guess what, these are the sites that show up when you google "street fighter" or "virtua fighter" or "tekken."

So that leaves the players as the ones who have to spend hours writing tactics, recording videos and combos, writing guides, and doing everything they can so that MAYBE some random dude can look at it and be motivated to play. The company doesn't throw any support this way.

and also fighting games arent about memorization anything...

u play enough you learn naturally, same with every video game.

even a game with complex guilty gear mechanics, given an environment with healthy competition after a while everything just clicks with you.

I love playing memorization whores, or ppl that abuse strings/tenstrings in Tekken games.

;)

They seem so powerless after you've nullified their attempts to attack...

[quote name='SmallWind']Go get GGPO![/QUOTE]

Okay so I'm going to annoy everyone 1 more time.... can anyone provide me with the link to that Comcast hosted site that had all the files I needed to get this shit started? And what do I need to download from http://ggpo.net/blog/ ?

Yeah, it's always fun to play people that have 10+ hit combos memorized. Hit them in the mouth and their plan goes all to hell and they end up in the corner crying like little babies. They keep trying to attack with the same first move because it's the first move a bazillion hit combo and it'll take 75% percent of my life bar, like duh. I kept telling my buddy that his combo only connected once or twice in the whole time we played and he still couldn't win the match because he had that great plan to get 75% of my life bar down but then didn't know enough of the damn game to get the rest of it.

[quote name='MarkMan']I love playing memorization whores, or ppl that abuse strings/tenstrings in Tekken games.

;)

They seem so powerless after you've nullified their attempts to attack...[/QUOTE]

very true. as soon as I would be fighting a friend and he starts doing a full combo string for a character something snaps in my head saying, "Oh, this is going to be easy."

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']very true. as soon as I would be fighting a friend and he starts doing a full combo string for a character something snaps in my head saying, "Oh, this is going to be easy."[/QUOTE]

Unless you're playing at an arcade (pre-controller port days), and you're thinking "Oh, this is going to be easy. I'll just low parry here and...Hey! The joystick isn't working!? NOOOOO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back