Fighting Game Thread 8 went so deep, so deep, put that ass to sleep

[quote name='Mr. Beef']BITCHIN, he has Final Justice!![/QUOTE]

AND his old theme. :hot:

captamintro.gif

I'm going to get that picture tattooed on my ass.

As for the Cable thing. He could still be in the game
He is dead, but so was Cap and Thor, and he might return out of nowhere. Also, Captain America is Bucky right now and Steve Rogers is the new Nick Fury. The game clearly has Steve as Captain so I don't expect it to follow current marvel storylines. Otherwise The Hulk would be red and Iron Man would have a different suit.

I would be nice to see Cable in the game sporting his Second Coming outfit.

So the new Capcom vs Namco is official... but it's just Street Fighter vs Tekken on the Capcom side, and Tekken vs Street Fighter on the Namco side.

Talk about wasted potential here by not opening it up to the whole cast of both companies.

Also: A version of SF 3 Third Strike with online play is in development, I assume for XBLA / PSN though I don't think Capcom said the platform.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I think it's OBVIOUS that 3S Online will be for PS360.

No rebalance for 3S = I'll wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

Rebalance= meh

What is more important is they use GGPO netcode :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Rebalance= meh

What is more important is they use GGPO netcode :)[/QUOTE]
GGPO = meh

It could run as smooth as butter online, but it won't matter if I can't play it because of that awful imbalance.

[quote name='Chacrana']I just want to have 3S readily accessible on a system that I have an arcade stick for.[/QUOTE]
But it probably won't have a Wii release, Chac. :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have no idea what's going on in Marvel/DC comics anymore.

I've forced myself to only read complete stories or miniseries mostly now... then again I miss reading comics.[/QUOTE]

Messiah Complex & Second Coming are essential X-Men reading. Besides that you're not missing much. The only thing I read in DC is Batman & Robin.

[quote name='JEKKI']greetings from comic con ^_^v[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Hope you're enjoying it!

PS - Apprehend some Thor and Captain America movie posters. :bouncy:

SF x Tekken does look pretty good. So far better than plastic Marvel. Though the big hype is;

STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE, ONLINE EDITION

Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition Announced
Ono says the game "will not come out in the immediate future, but the game is coming back."
Mentions players should voice their opinions and suggestions to Seth at Capcom-Unity

The one thing I'd like to see them incorporate into the new version (well... as far as purely aesthetic things go) is adding in the stages that were in OG SFIII and Double Impact. There were some pretty cool locales that were stripped outta 3s.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']No rebalance for 3S = I'll wait for a sale.[/QUOTE]

How about an arcade and console mode? Arcade mode for vanilla 3s and console mode for rebalanced 3s.

[quote name='FroMann']I'll be buying the Namco version, sorry Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Is there really going to be two different versions? Explain... All I saw so far is Street Fighter X Tekken.

[quote name='jman619']Is there really going to be two different versions? Explain... All I saw so far is Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Two versions confirmed.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Two versions confirmed.[/QUOTE]

I just read that after I asked. So basically one is the street fighter world with tekken characters and one is the tekken world with street fighter characters. Sadly I'll end up buying both. Since I own every fighter anyway this gen.

[quote name='jman619']Is there really going to be two different versions? Explain... All I saw so far is Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]
Right now they just showed game play for the Capcom version but Namco is also working on their own version, and I am more of a Tekken player rather than a Street Fighter player.

Edit: Street Fighter and Tekken both play differently, so I would like to see how Street Fighter characters would play with a Tekken style.

[quote name='FroMann']Right now they just showed game play for the Capcom version but Namco is also working on their own version, and I am more of a Tekken player rather than a Street Fighter player.[/QUOTE]

I'm more of a Capcom fanboy. I was never to crazy over Tekken. I'll buy both though. :lol:

[quote name='jman619']I just read that after I asked. So basically one is the street fighter world with tekken characters and one is the tekken world with street fighter characters. Sadly I'll end up buying both. Since I own every fighter anyway this gen.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll come out anywhere near the same time, though... it'll probably be along the lines of Capcom Vs. SNK 2 and SNK Vs. Capcom where there was a gap of a couple years between the games.

Of course, I do hope that Tekken Vs. Capcom isn't as bad as SNK Vs. Capcom :lol:

Also teaser trailer kicks ass...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-street-fighter/702120

finally watched the gameplay and can say I'm happy. I think the Capcom version will sell more. I'll suck at that one but be good at the Namco one :lol: Just curious how the "Tekken" style of SF characters will look. Prob the most realistic Ken we'll ever nt want to see.

so so far seems like Ryu, Dan, Chun Li, Kazuya, and Nina are in.

Easy guesses are that Jin, Akuma, Yoshimitsu, Heihachi, Paul, Jack X, and Law are probably in. Would be nice to see Ogre again.

in game shots:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/24/first-street-fighter-x-tekken-ingame-screenshots/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='distgfx']How about an arcade and console mode? Arcade mode for vanilla 3s and console mode for rebalanced 3s.[/QUOTE]
That'd be good, reminds me of HDRemix. I just hope Sirlin doesn't get his paws on the rebalancing.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That'd be good, reminds me of HDRemix. I just hope Sirlin doesn't get his paws on the rebalancing.[/QUOTE]

I hope he doesn't get his paws on it at all.

More info on SFxT and TxSF - http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/07/25/sf_x_tekken/

In a press statement issued by Capcom today, Ono said of the tie-up, “This is history we're making. Two fighting games that have rivaled each other are finally standing on the same stage. This isn't just a showdown between Tekken and Street Fighter, but a decisive battle for Capcom and Namco Bandai Games. So I'm going to give it my all.”

Following the announcement, Famitsu.com was able to get a few additional details on SF x Tekken from Ono himself.

Development on the game began just one or two months prior, said Ono, although they began real discussions about the project with Namco Bandai about one year back. Even prior to this, Ono said, he and Harada had talked about doing something together.

Capcom's past dealings with Namco Bandai appear to have contributed to the realization of this project. While joking that the main reason for the tie-up was that he and Harada are such good friends, Ono also pointed to Capcom's work with Namco Bandai on the Gundam arcade games.

The project began when Ono and his staff shared the idea with CEO Haruhiro Tsujimoto Tsujimoto and software development head Keiji Inafune, who said that they should all go meet Namco Bandai. They ended up having no hurdles even at the top levels.

Getting into the game itself, the site asked Ono what we can expect as far as characters go. Ono would only mention the characters who were shown in the demo session: Chun-Li, Ryu, Kazuya and Nina. However, he added that they're currently thinking about putting in the early generation characters from each franchise.

Detailing the gameplay, Ono said that the staff is thinking about making the game 2 on 2. He joked that for someone his age, Marvel vs Cacom's 3 on 3 fights is just too much.

The basics of 8-way lever and 6 button input system won't change. However, Ono said that he'd like to add something that he referred to as an "assist" feature. He said the iPhone version of SFIV has somewhat of an answer to this desire -- a feature that lets players feel that they were able to do tough moves.

Regarding a release time frame, Ono said that the target is to release the game two yeas after its announcement. He expects the next timeframe for a major announcement to be next year's Captivate (a Capcom private event held every April in America). The reason for such an early announcement at Comic-Con was because Capcom wanted to do something for the fans.

Most of Ono's comments with the site concerned just the Capcom side of the tie-up. This version will likely come out first, said Ono.

Development on the two sides are being handled completely separate of one another. In fact, the staff has agreed to not share information between the teams. The Capcom side will be doing their own designs for the Namco Bandai characters, and the Namco Bandai side will be doing their own designs for the Capcom characters. They're also working separately on the gameplay side.

Ono joked that the Namco Bandai team would be none-the-wiser if the Capcom designers made Nina appear in the game naked, and likewise for Chun-Li in the other version. He also joked that they're interested in seeing which version will get rewarded a Platinum score in Famitsu.

"We'd like to challenge one-another in all areas, including sales, and get fans of both series excited," said Ono.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good two years, got my wish.[/QUOTE]Hope the fighting game genre isn't dead again by that time.

I hope they don't release both games near each other. It'll just confuse everyone. Also, more costumes...eh...

Chun-Li's Alpha costume seems good, and Cammy is catwoman, Zangief is the Sultan, and I think it's Evil Ryu.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Hope the fighting game genre isn't dead again by that time.[/QUOTE]

I think the fact we have online play now will save the genre. There's always competition thanks to online play. Not to mention, each fighter is unique and actually good. :cool:

[quote name='distgfx']I think the fact we have online play now will save the genre. There's always competition thanks to online play. Not to mention, each fighter is unique and actually good. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I just wish Tekken 6's online wasn't literally unplayable. It's fine when I play against hank, since he lives like an hour away, but it's pretty awful against anyone else :(

One thing that's worrysome about the fighting genre now is the overabundance of "high profile" fighting games. Since 2008, we've had Brawl, SC4, MKvDCU, HDR, SF4, BB, KoF12, T6, SSF4 and recently BB:CS. Soon we'll have KoF13, MvC3, SFvT, TvSF, and MK. I think that's a BIT much.

[quote name='KingBroly']One thing that's worrysome about the fighting genre now is the overabundance of "high profile" fighting games. Since 2008, we've had Brawl, SC4, MKvDCU, HDR, SF4, BB, KoF12, T6, SSF4 and recently BB:CS. Soon we'll have KoF13, MvC3, SFvT, TvSF, and MK. I think that's a BIT much.[/QUOTE]

Define "high profile," do you just mean popular?

[quote name='KingBroly']One thing that's worrysome about the fighting genre now is the overabundance of "high profile" fighting games. Since 2008, we've had Brawl, SC4, MKvDCU, HDR, SF4, BB, KoF12, T6, SSF4 and recently BB:CS. Soon we'll have KoF13, MvC3, SFvT, TvSF, and MK. I think that's a BIT much.[/QUOTE]

Blazblue was a new IP this gen, at least give that one some credit.

I love all the fighting games being released, personally. Although I too am massively disappointed seeing the SF4 engine in use with the SFvT game. It's just so chunky...

I love SF4 but it'd be nice to see something fresh looking.

While it might be the go-to models, it's still getting a bit stale. It's sort of the reason that turned people off fighting games (aside from them being way too complex).

[quote name='KingBroly']While it might be the go-to models, it's still getting a bit stale. It's sort of the reason that turned people off fighting games (aside from them being way too complex).[/QUOTE]

Eh? They've only used them in SFIV and SFxTekken so far, I wouldn't consider that stale.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Hope the fighting game genre isn't dead again by that time.[/QUOTE]
Single player mode will always work. ;)

And it never really died. People just moved on to other shit like FPS games.
[quote name='distgfx']I think the fact we have online play now will save the genre. There's always competition thanks to online play. Not to mention, each fighter is unique and actually good. :cool:[/QUOTE]
This.
[quote name='Chacrana']I just wish Tekken 6's online wasn't literally unplayable. It's fine when I play against hank, since he lives like an hour away, but it's pretty awful against anyone else :([/QUOTE]
This. Gimme better netcode, plz.
Says you indeed. I say keep them coming.
[quote name='KingBroly']While it might be the go-to models, it's still getting a bit stale. It's sort of the reason that turned people off fighting games (aside from them being way too complex).[/QUOTE]
Less scrubs to crush? No big deal.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The SF4 models might be the Alpha sprites of this gen, the go-to models for most games.[/QUOTE]

At least those are easier to upgrade. Just keep the motions and change the model.

I'm glad that the two sides are working pretty much separate since this will keep development very interesting.

bread's done
Back