Fighting Game Thread 8 went so deep, so deep, put that ass to sleep

Shit will not end well. 7+ per toon ( if more come out ) is really going to hurt the game, not to mention fuck over tournament organizer.

Unlimited version doesn't count as a new character in my mind.

I guess my primary concern is that I can totally see DLC characters becoming a big part of MvC3, and I don't wanna pay $5+ plus per toon.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That's crazy man. I thought 5 dollars for the other Star Wars character in SC4 set a bad precedent, but man 7 - 9 dollars? That's nuts.[/QUOTE]This x1,000. Too much for not enough.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo LostRoad, you feel like playing something on Live or PSN? MvC2, SSF4, Tekken 6... whatever.[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll be home around 8ish tonight. Ether system is fine for whatever, I never picked up Tekken though for anything so that is out. Other than that I am game, MvC2 will have to be live as well if you wanted to play that.

On second though make it all on xbox tonight Jim, I have had my playstation hooked up at my old ladies place for a year and don't feel like staying at her place tonight.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']That's the best one yet, Jekki. :lol:

GGs to AxC and trajin! Even though I didn't kill AxC with it, I still managed to get Akuma's U2 on both of ya'll. I just wish that my Ibuki wasn't playing so sloppily tonight.[/QUOTE]

GG's to you too Beef (and Trajin!)

It was nice to actually have a good connection, where I can throw Seth's BnB's back in the mix. I usually never do them online because I don't bother to miss them.

Also for the Ibuki/Seth matchup, if you literally see the Wall Jump coming, Ibuki's Command Grab (Orb) eats it up. It also grabs j.fp if you see it coming. Also watch the whiff Neckbreaker, Seth gets free BnB off that. EX DP with Ibuki also is a good trade for Ibuki if you don't want to take Headstomp mixup in the corner.

One of my friends mains Ibuki, so I get lots of frustrating but fun practice in that matchup.

[quote name='Chacrana']August 5? Can they just charge me more and put that dumb bitch on the disc instead of making me buy her separately?[/QUOTE]

This, 100%. :bomb:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/6/30/blazblue-continuum-shift-dlc-details-with-dates-for-japan.html

Also, in Player Match you can apparently select which version of the game to play as, essentially choosing to lock out DLC characters from the room. Here's the official word:

...if set the "System Version" for that room to 1.00, that will lock out any DLC characters. This can only be done in Players matches however--Ranked Mode will always use the most recent system version, which will include the most recent DLC.
That's kind of... umm... bullshit. You can lock out DLC chars from a player room? What the fuck? Unlimited characters I can understand since they're purposely broken, but DLC chars? Really Arc? I'm starting to have second thoughts now.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to you too Beef (and Trajin!)

It was nice to actually have a good connection, where I can throw Seth's BnB's back in the mix. I usually never do them online because I don't bother to miss them.

Also for the Ibuki/Seth matchup, if you literally see the Wall Jump coming, Ibuki's Command Grab (Orb) eats it up. It also grabs j.fp if you see it coming. Also watch the whiff Neckbreaker, Seth gets free BnB off that. EX DP with Ibuki also is a good trade for Ibuki if you don't want to take Headstomp mixup in the corner.

One of my friends mains Ibuki, so I get lots of frustrating but fun practice in that matchup.[/QUOTE]

yeah ggs wasnt lagging :roll: anyway sorry to just cut out on you guys i had to get some sleep for work:bomb:

[quote name='distgfx']Not really digging this meme.

Still love this meme. :rofl:[/QUOTE]you are the reason why Macarena was a smash song

[quote name='JEKKI']you are the reason why Macarena was a smash song[/QUOTE]

2rp7kme.gif

Yo LostRoad, I ended up going to Quizzo and then to see the Last Airbender last night (movie was horrible by the way, in case anyone was thinking about seeing it) but I should be on basically all day today. Just post up in here if you wanna play something.

Going to have to be this weekend Jim. Working till 5 like normal then I " promised " to see that damn new vampire movie joy. Damn you teachers and getting summers off.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo LostRoad, I ended up going to Quizzo and then to see the Last Airbender last night (movie was horrible by the way, in case anyone was thinking about seeing it) but I should be on basically all day today. Just post up in here if you wanna play something.[/QUOTE]
This saddens me, since I just recently got into the series.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yo LostRoad, I ended up going to Quizzo and then to see the Last Airbender last night (movie was horrible by the way, in case anyone was thinking about seeing it) but I should be on basically all day today. Just post up in here if you wanna play something.[/QUOTE]

lol, my friend went to that movie last night. He said that in line, there were some kids having fake avatar fights, and then some grown up guy from the back of the line pointed at one of them and yelled "YOUR FORM IS WEAK HAHAHAHAHAHA".

[quote name='Mr. Beef']This saddens me, since I just recently got into the series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the cartoon rules super hard, but the movie was god awful.

1277934289-pugpic.jpg

oh hey... anime expo!!!

I didnt buy a ticket lol. dont wanna spend $45 now...

so whats else happening this weekend?!?!

[quote name='JEKKI']

oh hey... anime expo!!!

I didnt buy a ticket lol. dont wanna spend $45 now...

so whats else happening this weekend?!?![/QUOTE]

I won't be at AX, but Nate will have extra badges for tomorrow. I can have him hit you up. I have 5 badges and I think he's solo for tomm.

Let me know.

Im busy tomorrow mang, if he can tho tell him to hit me up saturday.

wanna go have a macarena dance off with mega 64 that day!!

Man the new MK needs to get here fast. In fact, anyone down for some UMK3 games? I haven't played in over a year and I remember the good times of never winning.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Man the new MK needs to get here fast. In fact, anyone down for some UMK3 games? I haven't played in over a year and I remember the good times of never winning.[/QUOTE]
I'd be down. I just hate that I can't re-map the buttons so I can use my TE or fightpad :cry:

By the way, any of you guys use GGPO? I'm kind of interested in getting it set up to play ST, HSF2, & maybe 3rd Strike. I've had FBA for a while & it runs soooooo nice.

1 setup
44 entrants
single elim
yowzas

and the mad catz rep almost won his own prize

lol

wtf charging to enter now? whos ideas was this?

[quote name='MarkMan']1 setup
44 entrants
single elim
yowzas

and the mad catz rep almost won his own prize

lol

wtf charging to enter now? whos ideas was this?[/QUOTE]
AX under new management.

For the anime music video contest, the audience didn't get printed ballots. Instead, they each got a piece of blank paper.

And two pencils to share with the entire row.

If Nate won the prize, I'd call him a baller. :cool:
And it was switched from double elim to single elim like halfway through the first round...
Plus they said they're not taking 10% off the total purse as a venue fee...
Plus plus they said they're mailing the prize money instead of having the cash on hand...

[quote name='MarkMan']Luckily the TE has QDs.

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]
That is true, I just don't really play it enough to justify switching the buttons.

Oh and by the way those new TE parts look awesome. I have some ideas in mind with the new bezels.

[quote name='MtlTom']That is true, I just don't really play it enough to justify switching the buttons.

Oh and by the way those new TE parts look awesome. I have some ideas in mind with the new bezels.[/QUOTE]

Pics of the new TE parts? link!

bread's done
Back