Final Fantasy Boxed SET ( FFVII, FFVIII,FFIX) Strategy guides

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see a topic on this
http://www.amazon.com/FINAL-FANTASY-FFVII-FFVIII-FFIX/dp/1101898046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407382752&sr=1-1&keywords=final+fantasy+box+set
$123.49

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349
$129.99

i'll probably pick this up if the price is right, since i heard the guide for FFIX sucked.

Includes:
• The Final Fantasy Box Set is a must have for fans of this beloved series.

• The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX,each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment.

• Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In
addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs.
• The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
$124 for only 3 games covered.  At that price I want hardback, updated reprints for all of the Prima's Final Fantasy strategy guides up to Final Fantasy IX. 

It has been so long. I can't remember if Prima covered any of the other numbered Final Fantasy games before FFVII.  Wish there was list of all of them, my google searching is failing me.

I know there was one for FF:Tactics by Prima.  Amazon says there was a FFV guide by Prima.  (They want like $152 for it, pass.)

Edit: Apparently there was a Final Fantasy III guide (Unofficial, more than likely covering FFVI.).
In all honesty, this boxed "sex" works for me since I have yet to play Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9.  If only I had $125 right now, I so would pre-order this, pre-order it hard.

Well, thanks to a poster on another site, here's an image of what they look like since they were shown recently at the SDCC:

ff-guide.jpg

Source: http://squareportal.net/2014/08/07/this-how-final-fantasy-guide-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix-package-looks-like/
Ooh, snazzy. But...why now? :whistle2:k

This is such a random time to release it, and wayyyyy overpriced. Even at $50, I'd have to really think about buying it, I'm definitely not pulling the trigger at $130...

This is such a random time to release it, and wayyyyy overpriced. Even at $50, I'd have to really think about buying it, I'm definitely not pulling the trigger at $130...
I can only think that the games must be selling well on PSN but even that seems like a bit of a stretch. Or maybe... there's some kind of a re-release planned? Not saying remakes, but possibly with some minor visual upgrades along the lines of the FF games on iOS.

I can only think that the games must be selling well on PSN but even that seems like a bit of a stretch. Or maybe... there's some kind of a re-release planned? Not saying remakes, but possibly with some minor visual upgrades along the lines of the FF games on iOS.
"Visual upgrades"?

image29.png

:puke:

http://www.amazon.com/FINAL-FANTASY-FFVII-FFVIII-FFIX/dp/1101898046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407382752&sr=1-1&keywords=final+fantasy+box+set

$123.49

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349

$129.99

i'll probably pick this up if the price is right, since i heard the guide for FFIX sucked.

Includes:

• The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX,each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment.

• Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In

addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs.

• The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure.
There's an Official CE Guide thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/269430-official-ce-guide-wiki-dragon-age-inquisitor-edition-assassins-creed-initiate-edition-hyrule-warriors/page-23#entry11984029.

It's cleaner than individual posts for each CE guide.

This is quite interesting. I won't pay 130, but for the right price I will get this. The IX guide sucks so bad. 7 and 8 have great guides, though.

I was wondering about the OP, but he's been offline so far. Funny thing is I think there might be more posts about the typo than the box set. 

Anyone wonder if they're going to "re-remaster" these games?

I wondered that, but the prototype in the case there doesn't say anything about "HD Remasters" or anything, so it could just be Prima realizing that they can make a killing in the Hardcover Collector Edition guide market and decided rather than waiting for new game releases to come out, that they'd go back and make some for some older fan-favorites and cash-in all year long? I mean, they're the company that's releasing the $120 Limited LIMITED edition guides for AC:Unity and Dragon Age:Inquisition this year as well... so who knows?

I wondered that, but the prototype in the case there doesn't say anything about "HD Remasters" or anything, so it could just be Prima realizing that they can make a killing in the Hardcover Collector Edition guide market and decided rather than waiting for new game releases to come out, that they'd go back and make some for some older fan-favorites and cash-in all year long? I mean, they're the company that's releasing the $120 Limited LIMITED edition guides for AC:Unity and Dragon Age:Inquisition this year as well... so who knows?
So that many people actually buy the limited edition guides? For the prices of these books I would want sexy pictures of the characters that were never before released.

the FF7 guide was terrible (i have both the euro version and the US, both were bad). FF8 was okay, 9 was a REALLY bad guide. 

Pass. Like others have said, if this was 50$, id still have to think about it. I want it just for nostalgia, but 50$ is worth more to me right now. At $130, they are absolutely having a laugh.

Looks nice. But still way too expensive.
Sadly, once Amazon is done packing and shipping it, the set will look nothing like this.

the FF7 guide was terrible (i have both the euro version and the US, both were bad). FF8 was okay, 9 was a REALLY bad guide.

Pass. Like others have said, if this was 50$, id still have to think about it. I want it just for nostalgia, but 50$ is worth more to me right now. At $130, they are absolutely having a laugh.
Your post made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SK3y1a8TYs

I need to go back and re-watch Extras.

I wonder if the FF9 guide will include info on the side quest that wasn't found until 13 years later, Lost Nero Family. Not to be confused with the Gambling mini-game.

http://www.destructoid.com/a-new-final-fantasy-ix-side-quest-was-discovered-254657.phtml
The FF9 strategy guide I bought years ago didn't have any info on sidequests at all, just a bunch of links to look it up online.

The link with the pic said they were adding written content to the guides so you'd hope they'd improve 9's guide.

These are completely new guides. rewritten by different authors and companies. There are no improvements because it's all NEW. Which is pretty bad ass, and the first time I've ever seen a guide be released for a game over 10 years after it's release. Let alone 3 of them at the same time. This is pretty awesome.

Hopefully this gets some price slashing like the Zelda box set did, I'd bite at around $55-$70, maybe $80, $120 is REALLY pushing it.

I get the picture in my head of the prom scene from Back to the Future.  Someone is calling Nintendo telling them "You know that extra income you guys have been looking for, well take a look at this!"

Hardcover remastered Earthbound strategy guide, yes plz.

These are my three favorite Final Fantasy games, and three of my all-time favorite games in general, but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $130 for three strategy guides...

I get the picture in my head of the prom scene from Back to the Future. Someone is calling Nintendo telling them "You know that extra income you guys have been looking for, well take a look at this!"

Hardcover remastered Earthbound strategy guide, yes plz.
Given how long it took NIntendo to give EB a re-release, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ok guys sorry that I was gone for awhile. I had something going on in my life, but thank you for pointing out the boxed sex. I enjoyed all the cag on here making fun of my mistake. I enjoyed it.

Ok guys sorry that I was gone for awhile. I had something going on in my life, but thank you for pointing out the boxed sex. I enjoyed all the cag on here making fun of my mistake. I enjoyed it.
You were right, though. For $130, you can get some great sex in most parts of the world. Not sure why you would spend it on some nerdy guides though.

I'd be interested in these guides, if the games were brand new.  I've gone through replays of the games already.  As much as I would love to own these and use them, they would be a pure collection item at this point.    $85 is way too much for stuff I wont use.  $60 on the other hand...

I just placed a pre order on Amazon, will probably cancel, Gamestop hasn't changed their prices, then again, they are known for sticking it to their customers. I can see the CEOs  getting turned on by cardboard right now. 

Just preordered my damn self. $91.98 with tax. Got damn!

And this is in November. We got Smash Bros Wii U, COD Advanced Warfare Atlas Pro, Master Chief Collection, Pokemon Omega Ruby...

My God

$123.49

$129.99

Includes:

The guide for FFXII was atrocious as well. I remember all of the strategies were out of order.

For a price like this I would rather get another Anime figure....yup I think I have a figure for that price around that time......yup that wins.

bread's done
Back